#21 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (The Tax-Man @ Jul 8 2012, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I swear, if the gaming system feels the exact same as it did in Generations or if it has a retarded story mode like the previous, I will go INSANE. By now, I just want a final game AFTER Naruto ends. That's it. No more wasting money on poop.

Exactly this. I agree.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#22 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Jul 8 2012, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly this. I agree.

I'm afraid that will never happen. If you haven't noticed they're going to squeeze the milk from the cow with this game the same way they're doing with DBZ. To this day they are still making DBZ games, so it's going to be the same with Naruto it's all about squeezing more money from the fans. As long as the series is famous and a hit they are going to keep releasing games.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#23 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jul 8 2012, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm afraid that will never happen. If you haven't noticed they're going to squeeze the milk from the cow with this game the same way they're doing with DBZ. To this day they are still making DBZ games, so it's going to be the same with Naruto it's all about squeezing more money from the fans. As long as the series is famous and a hit they are going to keep releasing games.

At least the DBZ games are trying something new every time. The Storm series just recycled from Storm 2 and 1.

AboojTi.gif

#24 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Jul 8 2012, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At least the DBZ games are trying something new every time. The Storm series just recycled from Storm 2 and 1.

But aren't DBZ games the same style as previous games? Without counting the one released for kinect because of it's new style of fighting using your own fists and kicks.

Edited by Gravenimage, 08 July 2012 - 08:52 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#25 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jul 8 2012, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But aren't DBZ games the same style as previous games? Without counting the one released for kinect because of it's new style of fighting using your own fists and kicks.

Same basic style, but they changed a lot of it over time. RB1 redid the layout of the Tenkaichi games, RB2 completely redid the combo system and turned it into something more patternized, UT...made it all rock-paper-scissors, which isn't a good thing, but at least wasn't recycled from the old games. And now DBZ Kinect, which requires no explanation.

Storm 2 took Storm 1 and didn't change much...except, you know, make the Ougis worse, take away extra jutsus, strip other functions like running on walls, take away the extra life bar, and extremely downgrade the story mode. Generations just recycled.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 08 July 2012 - 08:59 PM.

AboojTi.gif

#26 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (HalfStarStudios @ Jul 7 2012, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't mean as a basis to buy the game just to STOMP OUT that non-canon crap that they showed in UNS2 saying Naruto and Hinata are secret lovers. I obviously would not buy the game if it was A piece of s**t or Repetitive garbage with no thought of creativity involved

Edited by Phantom_999, 01 August 2012 - 08:46 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#27 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:13 AM

All of these Storm games... am I the only one who wishes they continued the Rise of a Ninja/Broken Bond franchise into Part 2 of the storyline? I guarantee that those games would be coming out better than this recycled schlock.

AboojTi.gif

#28 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:29 AM

Just bought this game, having tons of fun with it, and there's sooo much content it's ridiculous XDD
Getting my a$$ handed to me in online matches for right now, but this is only my second day and I'm too impatient to wait to fight others lol. But at least I won a few, and I'll get better definitely! >:D sakura.gif

#29 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:57 AM

Don't you mean Generations?? this is UNS3, you know.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#30 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:10 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Jul 29 2012, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All of these Storm games... am I the only one who wishes they continued the Rise of a Ninja/Broken Bond franchise into Part 2 of the storyline? I guarantee that those games would be coming out better than this recycled schlock.

I wished Ubisoft did. I even wanted the other characters playable like Ino and Tenten. But I think they lost the license probably due to poor sales of Broken Bond or lost interest of continuing the series. But the thing was while the adventures was good, the fighting was Clash of Ninja with better graphics and many fans loved the Ultimate Ninja gameplay more.

Come to think of it, the last Clash of Ninja/Gekitou Ninja Taisen title was the Japanese Special with Killer Bee and Minato. We haven't seen another title by now. And I guessing 8ing/Takara Tomy stop because it was losing sales too.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#31 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:09 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jul 29 2012, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wished Ubisoft did. I even wanted the other characters playable like Ino and Tenten. But I think they lost the license probably due to poor sales of Broken Bond or lost interest of continuing the series. But the thing was while the adventures was good, the fighting was Clash of Ninja with better graphics and many fans loved the Ultimate Ninja gameplay more.

Come to think of it, the last Clash of Ninja/Gekitou Ninja Taisen title was the Japanese Special with Killer Bee and Minato. We haven't seen another title by now. And I guessing 8ing/Takara Tomy stop because it was losing sales too.

Woah, woah woah woah. Hold up. Broken Bond's gameplay is severely different from Clash of Ninja's. Almost everything is different. The combo system, the jutsu system, the substitution system...even the guarding system. It's way different than Clash of Ninja.

I prefer Ultimate Ninja's gameplay to Clash of Ninja (as good as Clash of Ninja's was), but I prefer Broken Bond's fighting system heavily to Storm's. Storm's gameplay is...incredibly basic. There's little variation between characters' physical attacks (besides how they appear), and the gameplay is also unbalanced. Broken Bond's gameplay is unique between characters; the moves are all variating in how they affect the match. Sure, Storm's gameplay all looks different, but it almost all ultimately leads to the same basic conclusion and little variation. The story mode of Broken Bond is also leagues above Storm's, especially Storm 2's (I won't even mention the sad excuse of a story mode that Generations has). The first Storm's story mode was good, but as the series progressed it got worse. Storm 2's story lacks freedom, while Generations... I said I wouldn't mention it, but oh well. There's no interactivity in Generations' "story". Storm 2 at least was somewhat interactive.

Oh, and the spamming. Oh god, the spamming capabilities of Storm's gameplay... I don't even have to go into detail there.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 29 July 2012 - 07:25 AM.

AboojTi.gif

#32 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:45 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Jul 29 2012, 03:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Woah, woah woah woah. Hold up. Broken Bond's gameplay is severely different from Clash of Ninja's. Almost everything is different. The combo system, the jutsu system, the substitution system...even the guarding system. It's way different than Clash of Ninja.

I prefer Ultimate Ninja's gameplay to Clash of Ninja (as good as Clash of Ninja's was), but I prefer Broken Bond's fighting system heavily to Storm's. Storm's gameplay is...incredibly basic. There's little variation between characters' physical attacks (besides how they appear), and the gameplay is also unbalanced. Broken Bond's gameplay is unique between characters; the moves are all variating in how they affect the match. Sure, Storm's gameplay all looks different, but it almost all ultimately leads to the same basic conclusion and little variation. The story mode of Broken Bond is also leagues above Storm's, especially Storm 2's (I won't even mention the sad excuse of a story mode that Generations has). The first Storm's story mode was good, but as the series progressed it got worse. Storm 2's story lacks freedom, while Generations... I said I wouldn't mention it, but oh well. There's no interactivity in Generations' "story". Storm 2 at least was somewhat interactive.

Oh, and the spamming. Oh god, the spamming capabilities of Storm's gameplay... I don't even have to go into detail there.

I already know Broken Bond/Rise of a Ninja is different than Clash of Ninja. I meant to say, which is important, that they are almost similar in terms of control. And yes, Ultimate Ninja Storm gameplay is basic, very basic than the original UN games. But the problem is that it is following the same path of the recent Dragon Ball games. I can't stand Budokai Tenkaichi series, and Naruto is on that same route with Storm.

If a developer did something like Broken Bond with updated gameplay that can be similar to other popular fighters, such as Dead or Alive, then I will play that! Or maybe something different (not sure if a Naruto fighter can be like Street Fighter, DBZ did it a couple of times in the past).

latest?cb=20140126021943

#33 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jul 29 2012, 02:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I already know Broken Bond/Rise of a Ninja is different than Clash of Ninja. I meant to say, which is important, that they are almost similar in terms of control. And yes, Ultimate Ninja Storm gameplay is basic, very basic than the original UN games. But the problem is that it is following the same path of the recent Dragon Ball games. I can't stand Budokai Tenkaichi series, and Naruto is on that same route with Storm.

If a developer did something like Broken Bond with updated gameplay that can be similar to other popular fighters, such as Dead or Alive, then I will play that! Or maybe something different (not sure if a Naruto fighter can be like Street Fighter, DBZ did it a couple of times in the past).

In terms of control...eh, arguably. I can see why you'd think that. And, I'll be honest, I loved Tenkaichi 2 and 3, but the series has downgraded from there. Now we have Ultimate Tenkaichi...uuuuugh.

Broken Bond with updated gameplay? That sounds perfect. biggrin.gif Oh, I only wish...

AboojTi.gif

#34 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jul 28 2012, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just bought this game, having tons of fun with it, and there's sooo much content it's ridiculous XDD
Getting my a$$ handed to me in online matches for right now, but this is only my second day and I'm too impatient to wait to fight others lol. But at least I won a few, and I'll get better definitely! >:D sakura.gif

What??? UN3 hasn't been release yet. headscratch.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#35 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:59 PM

I really liked the first UNS. It was a bit repetitive. Choose mission, defeat opponent, gather scrolls, rinse and repeat, but combat was really fun even if the combat system was a bit simple. Also, the boss battles were incredible. Even better than the anime.

UNS2 improved the story aspect. It was a bit more restrictive, but in terms of storytelling, it worked much better IMO. Now it actually felt like a coherent story with character development and drama, instead of just a text scroll on a screen. Also, once again, the boss battles were extremely well made. Pierrot should really consider having CyberConnect2 help them out in that aspect. biggrin.gif

I havent tried UNSG yet. I actually got it for my birthday, which was like 2 months ago laugh.gif, but I just haven't quite the right time to try it out yet. However, from what I've heard, outside of some minor tweaks to the combat system, it's just more of the same and the story mode is pretty lacking. sad.gif

As for UNS3. Well, that trailer with the Kyubi attack on Konoha looks pretty epic. Just the fact that you get to play as both Minato and Hiruzen is enough to convince me. I'm defineately going to check it out when it's released.

That also reminds me that I should probably check out Rise Of A Ninja and The Broken Bond as well. wink.gif

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#36 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE (TerrorKing @ Jul 29 2012, 08:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That also reminds me that I should probably check out Rise Of A Ninja and The Broken Bond as well. wink.gif

If you can find them that is. Those 2 are old.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#37 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:41 AM

New update:

http://www.saiyanisl...o-mifune-hanzo/

Awesome.

Hokage Naruto, huh? I can only hope that they can include the story from Road to Ninja, so we can have another boss battle with Menma. I would love to see that. After all, I don't think CC2 has enough stuff with just war arc, so why not use the movie storylline, or at least a boss battle with Menma. I can only wish.

#38 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:17 AM

That's a great idea!! using the movie storyline would be a great addition to to the game. Hopefully, Kishi even helps inserting it into the canon storyline in the game so we can end the debate on where it's placed.

And if Hokage Naruto is in, that means it's pretty much confirmed Kushina is in too (hopefully).

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#39 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:23 AM

You know, a side-story based on RtN will be a great idea to promote its DVD release. Hell, I bet they will announce Kushina and Menma as playable characters around January next year.

I'm hoping for a NaruSaku Vs. Menma fight in the game! biggrin.gif

(Western release should have a Naruto trading card from RtN as a bonus, like they did for the theater release).

latest?cb=20140126021943

#40 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:58 AM

RUMOR ALERT!!!!

Saiyan Island announced 5 new characters with their english VAs on the list of characters and they are:

Coming to Storm 3 via leaked --Click here to view--
Kushina, Zetsu, Karui, Omoi and Samui

Link: http://www.saiyanisl...naruto-storm-3/

latest?cb=20140126021943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users