Dead or Alive 5: Ultimate/Last Round update for 2015

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#41 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

I was going to post that! That trailer has plenty of weirdness, and I laughed at the very end of the video. XD Lei-fang hasn't changed much, but she does still look different from the rest of the DOA women so far, so it's all good. I spotted the little tribute to Chun-Li as well!

Here's the Christie and Bayman video for anyone else who missed it:

#42 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:40 PM

Today on E3: Kokoro and Tina Armstrong confirmed.

Here are the exhibition of the cast shown here: http://www.eventhubs...sumi-and-akira/

Also: Another Virtua Fighter enter the DOA realm and its
Sarah Bryant!

Now one more VF is rumored:
Your kung fu needs more practice. --Click here to view--
Pai
along with the rest of the DOA cast and the two new characters coming soon.

Also for Smiter:

They fixed Hitomi's face! biggrin.gif She looks gorgeous!!!

UPDATE: Bass is in as well!

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#43 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:53 AM

Awesome to see they fixed Hitomi's face! I had seen a screenshot of her in that outfit, but I couldn't tell if they had changed her face because it was too far away.

Thanks for the screenshot, Derock. biggrin.gif

I'm really looking forward to DOA5 this autumn. happy.gif The marriage of DOA and VF just makes perfect sense, and it also makes me wonder if Tecmo and Sega will one day go for a full-on DOA vs. VF game, with full rosters from both games?

My LIVE Gold runs out in November, and I don't plan to renew it (not ruling out the possibility of buying a cheap month of Gold), so hopefully there will be time to get plenty of fights in with you, Derock. wink.gif They've cut out the DOA4 lobbies, so hopefully the netcode will be more streamlined.

#44 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Jun 7 2012, 05:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome to see they fixed Hitomi's face! I had seen a screenshot of her in that outfit, but I couldn't tell if they had changed her face because it was too far away.

Thanks for the screenshot, Derock. biggrin.gif

I'm really looking forward to DOA5 this autumn. happy.gif The marriage of DOA and VF just makes perfect sense, and it also makes me wonder if Tecmo and Sega will one day go for a full-on DOA vs. VF game, with full rosters from both games?

My LIVE Gold runs out in November, and I don't plan to renew it (not ruling out the possibility of buying a cheap month of Gold), so hopefully there will be time to get plenty of fights in with you, Derock. wink.gif They've cut out the DOA4 lobbies, so hopefully the netcode will be more streamlined.

We may have to wait until December. Right before DOA release is Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and that's a must-have on my list. I swear, the fighting genre is making a comeback. Only thing is lacking is Capcom which they need to get out of their Street Fighter-high and go directly at Darkstalkers.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#45 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ May 24 2012, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Meanwhile in DOA news:

* Christie and Bayman are confirmed. Trailer was released last month.

And today, Lei-Fang and Zack returned!

With Zack being sillier as ever, and Lei-Fang does a win tribute to a certain Street Fighter character!

That was just AWESOME!!!! tongue.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 07 June 2012 - 11:47 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#46 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jun 8 2012, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We may have to wait until December. Right before DOA release is Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and that's a must-have on my list. I swear, the fighting genre is making a comeback. Only thing is lacking is Capcom which they need to get out of their Street Fighter-high and go directly at Darkstalkers.

Ah, December is after my Gold expires, but there's always the chance of picking up a cheap month.

You know, we need another Capcom-developed Capcom vs. SNK. CvS2 on the Dreamcast was awesome. smile.gif Of course, we don't want to overwork poor Yoshinori Ono... sad.gif

#47 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Jun 10 2012, 05:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, December is after my Gold expires, but there's always the chance of picking up a cheap month.

You know, we need another Capcom-developed Capcom vs. SNK. CvS2 on the Dreamcast was awesome. smile.gif Of course, we don't want to overwork poor Yoshinori Ono... sad.gif

He's already taking a break as it is. The fans were about to curse him out with the Street Fighter X Tekken mess.

Plus, I'm hearing rumors that we may be getting Darkstalkers very soon.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#48 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:32 AM

UPDATE:

Making his DOA debut is Rig!

A Canadian who practice Taekwondo!

latest?cb=20140126021943

#49 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:18 AM

Hmm, he looks interesting and definitely a character I'd try out. happy.gif

You've probably already heard about it, but people who preorder DOA5 will be able to unlock swimsuits for the female characters. No news on the male characters, they should have swimming trunks/shorts in the name of equality!

#50 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:25 AM

LoL, they still can't let go of the fanservice, eh??

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#51 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Jun 28 2012, 05:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm, he looks interesting and definitely a character I'd try out. happy.gif

You've probably already heard about it, but people who preorder DOA5 will be able to unlock swimsuits for the female characters. No news on the male characters, they should have swimming trunks/shorts in the name of equality!

Of course. But then again, Virtua Fighter did it with their cast having swimwear as part of their Costume S set in Final Showdown. So can DOA... time for the males to wear swimming trunks.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#52 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jun 27 2012, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
UPDATE:

Making his DOA debut is Rig!

A Canadian who practice Taekwondo!

Already saw it at Tecmo's facebook account yea Rig seems to have a friendship with Bass, they seem to know each other well.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#53 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:13 AM

I am going to main Kasumi!!! laugh.gif

#54 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Jun 28 2012, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LoL, they still can't let go of the fanservice, eh??

Yeah. XD; It's funny, when Tecmo started showing their post-Itagaki DOA5, it felt like they were slightly moving away from the Itagaki era with the new looks for the female characters and the general feel of the game. Now the swimsuits and bikinis are back in full blast, and it feels slightly strange. I mean, I know we should expect it as it's a DOA game, but it had originally felt like they were toning down the fanservice.

QUOTE (Derock @ Jun 28 2012, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Of course. But then again, Virtua Fighter did it with their cast having swimwear as part of their Costume S set in Final Showdown. So can DOA... time for the males to wear swimming trunks.

Yeah, equality for all! By the way, how is Final Showdown? smile.gif

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Jul 1 2012, 04:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am going to main Kasumi!!! laugh.gif

I'll probably main Hitomi, always liked her strong striking style. happy.gif Rig is a possible 2nd character, I just like big kicks.

#55 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Jul 1 2012, 06:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Glad you asked! biggrin.gif

I wanted to do a review of it but I really didn't have the time. So I will say my piece about it:

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown --Click here to view--
Final Showdown blew me away in terms of gameplay. Some stuff from Vanilla VF5 had been gone, including the throw intercept (character punch or kick to deflect a guarantee throw situation from the opponent) and the offensive evade attacks. All characters gain brand new moves and animation, losing some from the previous games in the process to make them more balanced. And its juggle-friendly.

Because of the Arcade/PSN limitations, Quest Mode is replaced with the Terminal to customize characters, License Challenge: which is basically tests of the mechanics such as throwing and evading. And there is a tutorial mode, though not much as depth as VF4: Evolution for the PS2.

Now for the customization section: There are tons of it (once you bought the DLC) for the characters and there are some items that will give them brand new win poses. You can customize any character who each have 4 slots.

There is also an option to change the music for the series, including music from the unreleased VF5R and the previous titles (excluding the majority of 4 Evolution music, some of those tracks are used for the characters who didn't appear in the old school titles like the first VF).

Online experience: not that much lag, which it is a good thing. smile.gif

There are some cons about it:

1) Its a big download, twice as big if you want to add the Customized packs, individually or separated, DLC. If you got all the characters items done, you'll unlock a mode called "Special Challenge" which I heard its an Arcade/Kumite style mode, facing only customized characters.

2) While there is tons of items, there still isn't enough (and I'm speaking towards Pai cause I can only customize her to look like Chun-Li and some female Japanese Pop Stars). And you can only customize one of the characters' 6 costume per slot.

3) If you looked at Vanilla VF5 in terms of graphics on the 360, the characters was much more shinier. I don't mind it, however, some players will get a let down of it when looking at the graphics in this game.

4) This is my personal: the stages of 5R are not in the game as an unlockable.

Other than that, it's a great game and a successful one because the game exceeded in records for 2 consecutive weeks in US, Europe and Japan.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#56 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:44 AM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Jul 1 2012, 02:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah. XD; It's funny, when Tecmo started showing their post-Itagaki DOA5, it felt like they were slightly moving away from the Itagaki era with the new looks for the female characters and the general feel of the game. Now the swimsuits and bikinis are back in full blast, and it feels slightly strange. I mean, I know we should expect it as it's a DOA game, but it had originally felt like they were toning down the fanservice.

I'll probably main Hitomi, always liked her strong striking style. happy.gif Rig is a possible 2nd character, I just like big kicks.

Well the director is different this time so their will be some changes. I really like Hitomi too by the way Kage Smiter! 111191.gif

#57 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:09 PM

Here's a new trailer showcasing the Tag Mode:

I like the teams (especially Akira and Kokoro), but what the hell is Hitomi wearing at the end? arg.gif Well, I guess it can't be a DOA title without a few bad costumes. tongue.gif

#58 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Jul 20 2012, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like the teams (especially Akira and Kokoro), but what the hell is Hitomi wearing at the end? arg.gif Well, I guess it can't be a DOA title without a few bad costumes. tongue.gif

Hitomi wore that costume in E3. In fact, all the characters in the game will have stage-specific costumes.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#59 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:14 PM

A clown costume? -___- WHERE IS that that waitress costume I fell in love in Dimensions!? rawr.gif

#60 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:23 AM

News from Team Ninja:

*Jann Lee and Lisa (La Mariposa) returns, along with Helena, Eliot, Gen Fu, Brad Wong and yeah, Alpha-152 returns as a boss, seen in the this Opening Declaration trailer below.

And, you may noticed that we see a preview of a new female... could that be
Mila?

*New stuff in gameplay, including a brand new stun.

*The story is released on the official website, including a character relationship chart.

Dead or Alive 5 --Click here to view--
The story is set two years later after DOA4. With the help of Zack, Helena reformed DOATEC, abandoned the superhuman projects of Biotechnology Division, suspended the military division and announced the new tournament with Zack officially as its host. This also makes Kasumi, Ayane, Kokoro and Eliot officially legal adults because of the timeskip. But knowing Victor Donovan is still alive and currently hiding (see Dimensions), something is always schemimg behind the tournament. Also the VF guests are part of the story.

*Not officially released but players can "customize" the girls (minus the guys, for now) :

The hairstyles for Kasumi and Leifang returns plus, players can now give the girls glasses to wear, except for Sarah, for now. And the customized colors for the clothing and panties returned.

Some pictures:

Glasses and hairstyles --Click here to view--

latest?cb=20140126021943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users