Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Apr 27 2011, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The point is not the fact that it happened. The reason why we are angry is because it took five days for Sony to admit it had been hacked. Before, it had said that it was just technical hiccups, and was then silent for a long time. Five days is plenty of time for whomever did this to have a little fun with that personal information.

This is a PR disaster for Sony.

What else could they have told you? Do you honestly believe they knew from day one?
They can't tell you something they didn't confirm, that would be like the President tell us that we're going to get bombed by nukes within however many hours and when it doesn't happen, it was just a false alarm. You believe that they just magically knew about it at the moment it happened and that they could have told us, when they really still don't know what information was taken. All they know is information may have been taken and now they're warning people that it's a possibility.

You have a right to be angry, but I think your anger is in the wrong direction.

Here's a FAQ for anyone who cares.
http://us.playstatio...x.htm?a_id=2356

Edited by Kyuudaime, 27 April 2011 - 11:27 PM.

#43 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:54 PM

Don't know if anyone else got this message but Sony emailed me and said I had information stolen from my PSN. Other also said as far as they know no credit card information was taken (because I don't have any, lol) then they said I should change all my passwords and don't answer the phone to weird people, anyone else get this message? If not Sony is starting to scare me.

#44 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:50 AM

It's them, unless they start asking for any personal info.

It's most likely the same one they have in their Playstation blog about the down time. Muffins also got the same email, check it out on the 2nd page

Update!
http://www.joystiq.c...-network-being/

http://blog.us.plays...ocity-services/

Despite their somewhat mishandling in the PR side of this whole debacle, I am glad that they are handling this professionally and giving out constant updates.
Still, doesn't matter that this happened, I'd still be a Sony customer regardless.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 28 April 2011 - 12:54 AM.

#45 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Apr 27 2011, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's them, unless they start asking for any personal info.

It's most likely the same one they have in their Playstation blog about the down time. Muffins also got the same email, check it out on the 2nd page

Update!
http://www.joystiq.c...-network-being/

http://blog.us.plays...ocity-services/

Despite their somewhat mishandling in the PR side of this whole debacle, I am glad that they are handling this professionally and giving out constant updates.
Still, doesn't matter that this happened, I'd still be a Sony customer regardless.

Hmm... so apparently people's PSN info may have been taken but credit card info should be secure...

#46 Zin

Zin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (Kyuudaime @ Apr 28 2011, 02:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm... so apparently people's PSN info may have been taken but credit card info should be secure...

What annoys me about this situation most is that Sony should've been working on a security overhaul weeks ago. They were hacked by Anonymous at the beginning of the month. Apparently they decided to just ignore it and look where that got everyone...Their consumers account information was hacked. They're being sued. And thanks to the network being down who knows how much money the third party developers lost.

Edited by Zin, 28 April 2011 - 01:12 AM.

"I've always equated "feelings" with "getting caught"...they both get in the way of my money. Unfortunately not everyone is as committed to their work as I am." - Garrett, Thief:TMA

"A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat." - JC Denton, Deus Ex

Anna: "The Maria Narcissa."
Sam: "Sounds like you're setting me up for another blind date."
Anna: "The Maria Narcissa is a boat."
Sam: "So was the last girl you set me up with."
Anna: "Fisher!"
Sam: "Sorry." - Anna Grímsdóttir and Sam Fisher, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

#47 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:16 AM

Sony doesn't actually know if it's anonymous, and anonymous bluntly said it was not them. They're working with law enforcement and a security firm to find who did it no matter where they are.

Also, on the how much money they lost thing, so far I heard $24 billion.

Edited by ShippudenGirl, 28 April 2011 - 01:17 AM.

#48 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:26 AM

No, not this case ShippuGirl, Anon hacked them weeks ago way before this one. All it did was basically kick out people from PSN for an hour or two, at least from my experience.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 28 April 2011 - 01:26 AM.

#49 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:15 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Apr 27 2011, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is what one would call a clusterf*ck for Sony.

#50 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:28 PM

http://www.joystiq.c...aused-psn-deba/

#51 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:40 PM

[quote name='Insurrection' date='Apr 28 2011, 03:50 PM' post='322018']
Japan can never catch a break.

http://www.joystiq.c...-accounts-also/ Playstation User Comment Blog Also Down.

QFT

UPDATE: That's Right! According to the Hackers who took down PSN, for just $100,000 you can have the addresses and information of possibly 77 MILLION Users. What a bunch of a**holes. The user profiles are mostly kids.

http://www.huffingto...e_n_855381.html

2ND UPDATE: Congress is getting involved. RUN!!!!

http://www.huffingto...k_n_855700.html

Edited by Insurrection, 30 April 2011 - 11:11 PM.

#52 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:44 AM

They're selling the info? Seriously? It looks like they didn't get anything worth a damn, like credit card numbers or something, so what good is this? Who would even buy it? Much less for a hundred grand.

What are these guys even accomplishing? Sure, this is a PR disaster for Sony, but that's about it. The people they're directly hurting are the several million users.

Sony doesn't actually know if it's anonymous, and anonymous bluntly said it was not them.

I prefer to take them at their word - they are unafraid of consequences and tend to own up to whatever they do - but it's impossible to know for sure by the very nature of the whole thing. Anonymous isn't even really a group; some of the people who associate with it have even said they're basically just a group of jackals with no structure. They basically attack whoever pissed off one of them on a given day, if said person could even get others to join in. In other words, they're disorganized, which is why they rarely get anywhere with what they do past a couple of attacks. Anybody can be Anonymous and it's impossible to know what everyone is doing.

Edited by dl316bh, 01 May 2011 - 02:46 AM.

bd5.jpg

#53 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Apr 30 2011, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They're selling the info? Seriously? It looks like they didn't get anything worth a damn, like credit card numbers or something, so what good is this? Who would even buy it? Much less for a hundred grand.

What are these guys even accomplishing? Sure, this is a PR disaster for Sony, but that's about it. The people they're directly hurting are the several million users.
It's really idiotic honestly, either the info they're selling isn't worth a dime and they're hoping to pull some sucker into it or they really do have some type of info more than likely they'll definitely get caught.

Or it's some punk *** poser who has absolutely nothing and he's hoping to pull in some sucker.

#54 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 03:16 AM

QUOTE (Kyuudaime @ Apr 30 2011, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's really idiotic honestly, either the info they're selling isn't worth a dime and they're hoping to pull some sucker into it or they really do have some type of info more than likely they'll definitely get caught.

Or it's some punk *** poser who has absolutely nothing and he's hoping to pull in some sucker.

I'm starting to hate hackers, honestly.
bd5.jpg

#55 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 03:36 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Apr 30 2011, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm starting to hate hackers, honestly.

I've hated them ever since Halo 1 on PC 9 years ago.

#56 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:40 AM

Was on facebook and saw Sony did their press release. Jist of it is, PSN and Qriocity will be restored this week. I skimmed over the article but im hearing monday in Japan and Tuesday for USA and Europe.

The initial phase of the rollout will include, but is not limited to, the following:
Restoration of Online game-play across the PlayStation®3 (PS3) and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) systems-This includes titles requiring online verification and downloaded games
Access to Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity for PS3/PSP for existing subscribers
Access to account management and password reset
Access to download un-expired Movie Rentals on PS3, PSP and MediaGo
PlayStation®Home
Friends List
Chat Functionality

They will have a welcome back program and everyone gets PSN+ and Qriocity free for 30 days. Current Plusers get 30 days free added on

Central components of the ?Welcome Back? program will include:
Each territory will be offering selected PlayStation entertainment content for free download. Specific details of this content will be announced in each region soon. All existing PlayStation Network customers will be provided with 30 days free membership in the PlayStation Plus premium service.
Current members of PlayStation Plus will receive 30 days free service.
Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity subscribers (in countries where the service is available) will receive 30 days free service.

Additional ?Welcome Back? entertainment and service offerings will be rolled out over the coming weeks as the company returns the PlayStation Network and Qriocity services to the quality standard users have grown to enjoy and strive to exceed those exceptions.

PSN+ for 30 days is great. Ive been asked many times from friends about it and now they can try it out. And because I got PSN+ early, now I don't have to renew until december since i already had 3 additional months.

http://blog.us.plays...able-this-week/
\

#57 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:15 AM

NICE! Free Playstation Plus!

Going to download some of the free games that they have! w00t!! biggrin.gif

#58 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:38 AM

Out of curiosity... How much does (not free) PSN+ cost? Lol, if it's less then $20 a month I'll get it XD

Also. YEAH FREE DOWNLOADSSSSS!

#59 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:28 AM

Cool I guess Sony has to keep its customers happy after this incident.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#60 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ May 1 2011, 04:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Out of curiosity... How much does (not free) PSN+ cost? Lol, if it's less then $20 a month I'll get it XD

Also. YEAH FREE DOWNLOADSSSSS!

Roughly $50 a year or you can get it 3 months for $20

with it you get discounts from the Playstation store and some free games which change every month etc

Edited by Verilance, 01 May 2011 - 12:15 PM.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users