89 replies to this topic

#41 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:01 PM

Ss is your typical shojou pairing involving ordinary girl with handsomely dark brooding guy. It's really a popular pair for women in japan hence why it get really popular there. It's comparable with Edwardxbella.

The problem with ss is sasuke doesn't give a kitten to sakura and sakura obsession. It's one if not the reason people hate sakura.

Plus, all shoujo pairings don't go with the route that SS nor Sasuke's way regarding Sakura.

Edited by T XD, 31 July 2017 - 08:01 PM.

#42 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:32 PM

@bail
I think they should teach walking in water and wall from academy days and teach them elemental ninjutsu and genjutsu in early genin day.

After all, ninjutsu is not nen from hxh.

Like I said in my summary it did make sense, until they showed that train boy didn't even understand what chakra was, and had to have Bolt explain it. Which train boy still didn't get. If it had been Shino that explained it I wouldn't have a problem with it. But. Instead it was a boy that had already starting training as a ninja before he even enter academy trying to explain it to a boy that is hearing about it for the first time. So it came off to me that Shino at best gave a brief explanation before starting the wall walking, and this was something that was a pass or fail the class test in a what was it a week after first leaning it?

You need to be able to walk before you can run. The thing is I thought it was implied (and shown once of twice) that the academy focus on using meditation as a way of learning the basic of chakra control. The Wall Walking/Tree Climbing,and Water Walking were consider advance training technique that genin learn. Neither Sasuke or Sakura knew about this training method before Kakashi showed it to them and it was suppose to be consider "taking it to the next level" for team 7. So why are they doing this advance technique when they haven't even done the basics? One) because it's more "actiony" then mediating, and two) its a recognizable ninja training method from part one of Naruto.

Now as for the element techniques I imagine they did learn about them -the reason we learn about it in part two is the same reason and way we learn about Chakra and Chakra points Naruto had to be taught it as a genin because he never learned it in the academy because he always skipped classes-, but Kakashi early on gave the reason they wouldn't be practice. They use too much chakra for their age, which is why he was surprise Sasuke was able to do it during the bell test.

nen? hxh?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 31 July 2017 - 08:44 PM.

#43 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:36 PM

Plus, all shoujo pairings don't go with the route that SS nor Sasuke's way regarding Sakura.

Most shoujo actually tell it straight. In Naruto they were deconstructing it (at least kishimoto's ability level of deconstruction) until the last minute when they decided to go with nH. Girls inserted themselves into Sakura only because they wanted to fantasize about being with Sasuke, and karin came in too late for them to switch over.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 31 July 2017 - 08:36 PM.

#44 The Doctor forever

The Doctor forever

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:47 PM

Most shoujo actually tell it straight. In Naruto they were deconstructing it (at least kishimoto's ability level of deconstruction) until the last minute when they decided to go with nH. Girls inserted themselves into Sakura only because they wanted to fantasize about being with Sasuke, and karin came in too late for them to switch over.

I agree its why I would rather watch something like the walking dead then Boruto I mean I think we all know how good that show is, true Boruto is for kids but even teens watch the walking dead, I think Boruto is for around 6 year olds maybe younger.

Same with other shows as well as I would like to quote Negan. "Bet you thought you're all gonna grow old together. Sittin' around all day at Sunday dinner table living happy ever after. No. It doesn't work like that Rick. Not anymore."

#45 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:06 PM

Yup in shoujo the dark boy usually show interest to the heroine. Heck most sasuke-esque character usually show some romantic interest one way or another unlike sasuke.

#46 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:29 PM

Yup in shoujo the dark boy usually show interest to the heroine. Heck most sasuke-esque character usually show some romantic interest one way or another unlike sasuke.

I honestly think it was for the best that sasuke had no interest in Sakura romantically, to bad it couldn't stay that way

#47 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:44 AM

More kitten of Boruto someone please end this horrible nightmare once and for all. :argh:

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#48 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:10 AM

Like I said in my summary it did make sense, until they showed that train boy didn't even understand what chakra was, and had to have Bolt explain it. Which train boy still didn't get. If it had been Shino that explained it I wouldn't have a problem with it. But. Instead it was a boy that had already starting training as a ninja before he even enter academy trying to explain it to a boy that is hearing about it for the first time. So it came off to me that Shino at best gave a brief explanation before starting the wall walking, and this was something that was a pass or fail the class test in a what was it a week after first leaning it?

You need to be able to walk before you can run. The thing is I thought it was implied (and shown once of twice) that the academy focus on using meditation as a way of learning the basic of chakra control. The Wall Walking/Tree Climbing,and Water Walking were consider advance training technique that genin learn. Neither Sasuke or Sakura knew about this training method before Kakashi showed it to them and it was suppose to be consider "taking it to the next level" for team 7. So why are they doing this advance technique when they haven't even done the basics? One) because it's more "actiony" then mediating, and two) its a recognizable ninja training method from part one of Naruto.

Now as for the element techniques I imagine they did learn about them -the reason we learn about it in part two is the same reason and way we learn about Chakra and Chakra points Naruto had to be taught it as a genin because he never learned it in the academy because he always skipped classes-, but Kakashi early on gave the reason they wouldn't be practice. They use too much chakra for their age, which is why he was surprise Sasuke was able to do it during the bell test.

nen? hxh?

Personally, I don't see the like of walking through water and wall as advance technique. Element ninjutsu and genjutsu should be the advance technique that teached in the early day of genin.
This is one of my criticism that it's too late for kishi to tackle element jutsu in part 2.

I know the reason Element ninjutsu and genjutsu doesn't teach to them, Because plot. but This is more like a what if scenario since I think that those technique are also basic for ninja. This will give advantage to the like of naruto, sakura, and perhaps shikamaru. Naruto because of his big chakra level and the other because they're smart and capable to perform ninjutsu. Kakashi could also teach sakura genjutsu so she would have an offensive ability.

Hunterxhunter is another jump extremely popular shonen manga and nen is their battle system. It's more like pseudo magic with more creativity and without resource system like chakra. Nen is different from one individu to another simply because it represent the individu while all ninjutsu are learnable with the exception of kekkei genkai, but you can learn it too by using their blood.

#49 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:43 AM

Personally, I don't see the like of walking through water and wall as advance technique. Element ninjutsu and genjutsu should be the advance technique that teached in the early day of genin.
This is one of my criticism that it's too late for kishi to tackle element jutsu in part 2.

I know the reason Element ninjutsu and genjutsu doesn't teach to them, Because plot. but This is more like a what if scenario since I think that those technique are also basic for ninja. This will give advantage to the like of naruto, sakura, and perhaps shikamaru. Naruto because of his big chakra level and the other because they're smart and capable to perform ninjutsu. Kakashi could also teach sakura genjutsu so she would have an offensive ability.

Hunterxhunter is another jump extremely popular shonen manga and nen is their battle system. It's more like pseudo magic with more creativity and without resource system like chakra. Nen is different from one individu to another simply because it represent the individu while all ninjutsu are learnable with the exception of kekkei genkai, but you can learn it too by using their blood.

Thematically it make sense during the wave Kakashi is using an advance train method to teach them instead something basic that they should have learned by that point. In other words "Zabuza and haku are such threat that team 7 needs to move into the next level to even have a chance of surviving against them," instead of, "Wow those two are strong I guess it's time Kakashi actually taught them something."

Again its that they haven't master the basics before the move into something more advance is the problem with it in Boruto.

As for the elemental training...there wasn't anytime because they instantly move into the chunin exams after the wave arc

The arc/what Naruto learned in the arc:

Part 1:

Introductory arc/shadow clone

Wave arc/Tree climbing

Chunin exams arc/ Water Walking (to finish that up), summoning (to deal with Gaara), and using Kurama's chakra (to deal with neji)

Search for Tsunade arc/Rasengan

Sasuke Retrieval arc/ started immediately after the previous arc so more introduction to the cloak form

Part 2:

Rescue Gaara arc/ Reintroduce Naruto and Sakura and how they improved (him just getting wind here seems kind of cheap)

Bridge arc/ Started also immediately after previous arc shows dangers of relying on Kurama's chakra

Zombie duo arc/ introduce wind element, better understanding of Shadow clones, and creation of rasenshuriken

Hunt for Itachi arc/ A Sasuke centric arc

Pein arc/ mastery of Sage mode and rasenshuriken

5 Kage summit arc/Sasuke/Team 7 drama centric no time to train

Great Ninja war arc/Mastery over Kurama's chakra as well as all those forms that came out of using Kurama's chakra

If Naruto was going to learn the elemental chakra in part 1 there need to be at least two arcs before the chunin exam. One to finish up the chakra control with the water walking, and then one for that focuses on the element training.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 01 August 2017 - 01:58 AM.

#50 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 04:01 AM

They should learn walking on the water and wall in academy because it pretty much basic. I can understand if only naruto who need to do that but not sasuke and sakura.
That walk is so basic that give you question what will it do in the battle again powerful enemy like zabuza an haku.

That's why I think naruto and co should learn element ninjutsu and genjutsu because it will give them combat advantage and it show that kakashi is inept ninja. I mean naruto have big chakra level, sakura is genjutsu type and have perfect chakra control, and sasuke is sasuke.

Kishi can make at least give sakura a justu in the beginning of chunin exam by idk give her a manual of her respective element. She's a booksmart type character. The only thing that would hinder her is the low chakra level.

I disagree on naruto should not learn wind jutsu in the first arc of part 2, simply because it doesn't make any sense that jiraiya several element ninjutsu can't teach a single wind jutsu to naruto and how sakura doesn't learn any element ninjutsu and genjutsu. P

#51 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:45 AM

They should learn walking on the water and wall in academy because it pretty much basic. I can understand if only naruto who need to do that but not sasuke and sakura.
That walk is so basic that give you question what will it do in the battle again powerful enemy like zabuza an haku.

That's why I think naruto and co should learn element ninjutsu and genjutsu because it will give them combat advantage and it show that kakashi is inept ninja. I mean naruto have big chakra level, sakura is genjutsu type and have perfect chakra control, and sasuke is sasuke.

Kishi can make at least give sakura a justu in the beginning of chunin exam by idk give her a manual of her respective element. She's a booksmart type character. The only thing that would hinder her is the low chakra level.

I disagree on naruto should not learn wind jutsu in the first arc of part 2, simply because it doesn't make any sense that jiraiya several element ninjutsu can't teach a single wind jutsu to naruto and how sakura doesn't learn any element ninjutsu and genjutsu. P

We think its basic and it is for genin but that because we saw it early on in the story. We don't know what they do in the academy or what they teach. And I doubt we will really learn about that from Boruto. Even Sasuke a gifted genius that was at the top of his class, and Sakura that was a bookworm that memorized the textbooks didn't know anything about it.

Now I agree they probably should have learn element and genjutsu and had more training, but like I was trying to get at in my previous post; that after the chunin exam railroad the plot their wasn't anytime to do that. Even then Naruto learned something new in every arc that wasn't focused on Sasuke.

Now granted Kishimoto should have given Sakura something. The problem is that he wanted her to be an average girl so she had nothing at the start that made her stood out at the beginning of the manga, and because their wasn't any arc for her to learn a new technique before the chunin exams she had nothing for the rest of part one. Then in part two she was a Tsunade clone.

It seems cheap to me and I think Kishimoto a) wanted to actually write him learning his element, and b) have Kakashi teach it.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 01 August 2017 - 06:49 AM.

#52 The Doctor forever

The Doctor forever

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:08 AM

More kitten of Boruto someone please end this horrible nightmare once and for all. :argh:

It might after all I think you have said that Boruto in the Dragonball GT of Naruto, so maybe it will get 64 episodes before it gets axed I mean true some will say that is not fare but however its to show people don't want that.

I mean look at how season 6 of the walking dead ended there was a huge backlash the the people doing it learned not to do this again, after all we as fans judge what is good and what is bad and for all the mistakes that the walking dead have done killing Dale off too soon and killing off Sophia, they make up for it in what they do, I will admit season 7 was a tad slow but that ending and the growth was very well done.

The point is when something is not liked we the fans voice how we don't like something, so people doing the show comic or anything knows that its bad.

#53 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:13 AM

Part of me tells me if GT existed like right now, it would actually be going on much longer than it is.

#54 The Doctor forever

The Doctor forever

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:21 AM

Part of me tells me if GT existed like right now, it would actually be going on much longer than it is.

Really? I mean me I don't think so the reason why GT was so hated was because Goku became a kid Vegeta and many others were just side lined Piccolo didn't show up other than to get his ass handed to him by Baby and then just die. There is a reason why many fans joke about that GT stand for Goku Time.

#55 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:35 AM

I know but think about this. Today's era has ways to spread across the globe. Boruto may not do that good in Japan but region like China will be "good enough" for the studio to continue to produce more episodes. It's like with Ultimate Muscle, Sonic X, and I forgot that series name, it starts with a B. Anyway, it was USA audience that helped them to create more episodes.

DBGT was only in Japan and USA know about it far later on after the storm was settled. If it airs today, will it be hated? Sure. Will it go on? Chances are much higher than airing on one area (Japan). We got streaming sites (legal), internet has grown massive so anyone is practically equal (in terms of use of internet), and all of those ads can really pay up their loss. If Boruto would air in DBGT era, it can be cancelled within 100 episodes. Lucky for them, they can go on as much as they like.

#56 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 08:08 PM

You are both right and wrong. GT couldn't even exist right now because Toriyama is involved with Dragonball now. GT existed because Toriyama was done with Dragonball but the anime wanted to continue so they made GT. But if you consider Super the GT of today last Sunday it just had it's 101st episode.

We can't really predict if it would be hated, as the taste of the target audience changes with each generation.

You are right and that is why Boruto is in constant danger of being cancelled. When Naruto first came out it did not have to face very much competition either in Japan or internationally. In Japan One Piece, Naruto, Bleach and other were able to carve up their own niche that they appeal to certain people taste. That very niche now has two other manga that were inspired by Naruto right now that are more popular then Boruto; My Hero Academy (which is the second biggest manga running on Shounen jump right now), and Black Clover(which will soon get it own anime made by SP). Internationally anime isn't as popular as it was at the start of the 2000's, and when Naruto came to the states there was basically no real competition running against while it aired since all the ones that could compete against it finished before it started; which its success in the states allowed it spread to other countries which allowed to become an international success. Dragonball Super at the start of the champa saga if I heard this right will be on prime time. Dragonball Z was the only anime that had a larger more loyal fanbase when it aired in the states then Naruto. So it getting first dibs at the youth of America (not sure how it doing internationally but it will hit other countries long before Boruto).

So Boruto is now facing something Naruto never had to deal with; genuine competition that is trying to aim for the same audience.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 02 August 2017 - 01:33 AM.

#57 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 01 August 2017 - 08:52 PM

I know but think about this. Today's era has ways to spread across the globe. Boruto may not do that good in Japan but region like China will be "good enough" for the studio to continue to produce more episodes. It's like with Ultimate Muscle, Sonic X, and I forgot that series name, it starts with a B. Anyway, it was USA audience that helped them to create more episodes.
DBGT was only in Japan and USA know about it far later on after the storm was settled. If it airs today, will it be hated? Sure. Will it go on? Chances are much higher than airing on one area (Japan). We got streaming sites (legal), internet has grown massive so anyone is practically equal (in terms of use of internet), and all of those ads can really pay up their loss. If Boruto would air in DBGT era, it can be cancelled within 100 episodes. Lucky for them, they can go on as much as they like.

Are you referring to ether Bo-bo-bo, bayblade or b-daman?

#58 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:58 PM

It was Bakugan! Now I remember. That shouldn't get a continuation but it did. It was solid as it was but Boruto effect happened so yeah. No real damage but the milk was spilled.

#59 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 03:26 PM

A poor man's Sakura:

:no:

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#60 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:17 PM

This isn't Sakura, or a "Poor man's" Sakura, and this is also humor. 

Why the bashing?

This isn't Sakura, this is a poor man's Sakura and this is also humor. Whaddya' know? We agree 2 out of 3. That's a new record. :P Though I'll add one more for good measure: It's OOC.

Why not the bashing?

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 02 August 2017 - 04:18 PM.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users