• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:52 AM

So... my first Blog

1. Who are you?

name is officially Twin Artemis (took my wife's family name since I dun have 1) people may call me Twin, BlackLightning, BL, I don't really care... but call me Blackie or Twinny I'll swear to give you a horrible death. I'm 21 years old and I am married to a nice girl who is ALSO a member in this board. Who she is? I won't tell.

2 Why BlackLightning?

Actually it is my nickname given by my drift racing friends because I never use a brake when racing and my vehicles are all black colored, from my car to my motorcycle.

3. What are the things you like?

I like some things, namely games, animes, racing, doing sports, reading, spending time with my family and some rather private activities that I won't tell you, so never ask.

4. What about things that you dislike?

Too many to mention individually but if you wanna know what I hate the most? 1 word: Bastards

5. How do you describe yourself in 1 word?

I'd say: Intimidating. I don't look like it much but I like to think I'm quite good at some martial arts (Black belt Judo and Karate) I do swordplay too and own some swords at home (Yes, real sword) and I always have a blunt sword inside my bag, ready to taken out if the situation call for it.

6. What are you doing right now?

I'm currently studying in a University in Australia while balancing family and work at the same time too so I prob won't be on LC most of the time though I do keep track of the board. Though exam is coming soon so I can't spend much time outside of study for now....

7. Do you have anything that you're especially bad at?

Academic, I hate studying thats a fact but I will do it if necessary. another thing I can't drive a racing game to safe my life, which my friends keep on teasing me about since I race in real life like a pro. and lastly, I suck so bad at puzzles that even an average elementary kid can beat me.

8. Tell us your favourite quote(s)

You try and you fail miserably... moral of the story: Never try - Homer Simpson

Don't Try, just do it - Obi Wan

thats all you need to know about me... for now at least. I'll update it once in a while

Sunday, 09 November 4.57 PM local time Zone

well, my day starts off pretty boring. Wakes up, jogging around the suburb, goes back home, prepare breakfast (coz its my turn). lounging around the house, cleaning things, fixing whatever can b fixed, the stuff. Finished at 2 PM and relaxing while waiting for my time to go to work to start. Looking forward for problem-less day ahead, wish me luck

Edited by BlackLightning, 09 November 2008 - 06:00 AM.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#2 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 09 November 2008 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (BlackLightning @ Nov 9 2008, 12:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looking forward for problem-less day ahead, wish me luck

Good luck, Twin-kun :thumbs:

#3 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:47 PM

Awesome guy, BL, what kinda swords do you own?

#4 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Nov 10 2008, 04:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome guy, BL, what kinda swords do you own?

A pair of twin wakisazhi (for use at the same time), a Blunt Katana (Bought it for 20 dollar from some randow guy coz I needed it for my cosplay as Bankai Ichigo a few years ago), and a Real sharp Katana (Gift from a friend).

Monday 10 November 2008, 8.11 AM local time

Woke up just an hour ago and just finish doing my daily jog. gonna take a shower after posting this blog and getting ready to go to Uni class. also trying to decide which 1 should I take to Uni today, my Motorcycle (Daytona 500 GP) or my car (Subaru Impressa 2005). thats it for now, I'll post again during lunch break. Hopefully, there will be no trouble (unlikely).

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

#5 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 12:56 AM

Monday 10 November 2008, 11.50 AM Local Time

Lunch break, finally...

it seems my morning isn't as peaceful as I would have liked. I forgot that we got Economic Test this morning and I practically screwed up, worse, it worth 10% of my overall mark on the subject, I just hope I can at least passed it even if only barely so. I have about 30 minutes to spare right now, seeing that I never really need lunch, usually I just go for breakfast and dinner or just dinner. currently I'm trying to do some work done on my accounting assignment due next friday, a bit early I know but knowing my group members, better early than late. I'll post again later

#6 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:24 PM

Tuesday, 11 November 2008, 8.00 AM Local Time

Just wake up an hour ago and finish my daily jog. still feeling a bit sleepy and dizzy, probably because I had just came home at 3 AM from work. Speaking about said work, I totally hate those drunkies. They ALWAYS make trouble in my bus, from screaming obsenities to kicking the chair or the window (don't ask me about the latter). Too bad I can't throw them out of the bus otherwise I'll get sue for lack of professionalism (Australian law states that drunk people are not responsible for their action, thus can't be sued unless they make severe damage). the worst 1 last night was probably the drunk at my last drive, here is the story:

It was past midnight and my last drive was from the city to the eastern suburb, the bus was practically empty except for a few people sleeping inside. Hey, they passed their stop? not my problem. For some unknown reason there seem to be more drunkies that night than ussual but again, it doesn't bother me much. That is until this 1 group of people comes in. The reek of alcohol so much that they can't even walk straight, its almost a wonder how they manage to dip their ticket into the machine.

They sit at the far end of the bus and sit there, chatting nonsense, and I kinda hope that they won't make trouble inside. Too bad for me though, 1 of them seem to drunk to realize he's in public place and friggin pour a can of beer on the chair in front of him before throwing the can toward the window. The other drunkies just laugh it up before another 1 take another can and smash it down on the bus floor and another tried to SMOKE inside. I immediately pull the bus to the side of the road and stop it before marching down toward the group. I tried to reason with them until 1 of them flip me the finger and tell me to literally "kitten Off".

Hello... this is my bus... you're the passenger. I tried to reason again and 1 of them kicked me on the stomach. Ok, that was the last straw, I walked back to my driver seat and took my blunt sword under the seat. I told them to either get the hell out of my bus or I'll chop them into pieces, penalty be damned. They didn't take me seriously at first, that is... until I stabbed the seat right next to the kicker's head. Well, they immediately sober up and run out of the bus. I drive the rest of the way in totally foul mood until I reach the depot, check out my shift and went home. I slept the night away the moment I hit the bed.

So... yeah, I got pretty eventful night and I probably gonna get suspended from work if the inspector saw the recording from the camera inside the bus. I said probably, because what I did was self-defence and everyone in the depot know that my sword was blunt, I never harm them, merely threatening. O well... its 8.24 AM now, gotta get ready for class. Ciao

#7 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 11 November 2008 - 03:33 AM

Lol, that's great dude, that sounds like how I would threaten someone...Blackie biggrin.gif

Edited by Kyuudaime, 11 November 2008 - 03:36 AM.

#8 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:26 AM

I'm not sure exactly what the laws in Australia are like, but that sounds like the dumbest thing you could do. You get caught on camera threatening a bunch of people with a deadly weapon (hey, THEY don't know it's blunt, and you certainly made it look like you would kill them!). Getting suspended would be the least of my worries; I would be worried about spending time in jail. Not to mention you damaged the bus in getting those drunks off.

And what the hell were you doing carrying a sword everywhere you go!?

#9 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (Kodachi Claws @ Nov 11 2008, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not sure exactly what the laws in Australia are like, but that sounds like the dumbest thing you could do. You get caught on camera threatening a bunch of people with a deadly weapon (hey, THEY don't know it's blunt, and you certainly made it look like you would kill them!). Getting suspended would be the least of my worries; I would be worried about spending time in jail. Not to mention you damaged the bus in getting those drunks off.

And what the hell were you doing carrying a sword everywhere you go!?

Nah... for job with pretty high risk (driving a bus at night is pretty dangerous as robbery is pretty common at this time) like mine, we are allowed to have weapon on our body. As for damaging the property, at most I will get a cut on my next salary to pay for the damage. its just Australian Law, you won't get caught for insulting or threatening someone (unless they have a heart dissease and died from heart attack because of you) but if you hit or harm someone physically, you'll have the police on your asses.

Ok, that finished...

Wednesday 9.09 AM, Local Time

Ahh... Wednesday... the only day in a week that I get day off from Uni (though I still need to go to work later... bummer) as you can see I woke up later than usual (though not as late as I would like...) planning to spend the whole day lazing around the house or going to the city to have fun for once, instead of doing my homework. All in all, not much to tell/do for today...I hope. will tell you guys later if anything extraordinary happen today. Ja Ne

#10 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:48 PM

Thursday 13 November 2008, 9.40 AM Local Time

Just got to Uni, a bit late due to oversleeping, I blame the race I did last night, damn... twas intense. My opponent last night was from the Nothern side of the city and he's damn good. I won though but considering the fact that my team was the host, its not exactly a comforting fact since I only managed to beat him because I did the last turn a few second faster than him. Next week my team will go to their territory and I don't exactly feel confident we will win. Meh, we will take it when the time comes. All in all, the race was dead tiring, but I survive and kicking while getting a good 300 dollar from winning the race, if we win the race next week, we will get another 600 dollar for winning both race (Away and Home).

Enough about last night, today I have 2 of my most hated subject at Uni, hope I won't fall asleep. If all goes well, I should be able to got home early and got some time to rest before going to work later. Wish me luck.

#11 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 12:51 PM

Saturday 15 November, 11.40 PM Local time

This will be 2 days worth of Blog, I'm afraid they won't be much interesting though. Meh, I'll write it anyway.

Friday... the day started okay, woke up like usual at 7, goes to Uni and all that stuff. pretty much eventless until the night which I got work. 1 thing: WORK AT WEEKEND SUCK!! ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE A BUS DRIVER!! Seriously, the city was buzzing with noises, drunkers everywhere, bar fights, police, everything goes, literally. The only saving grace is the fact that most of the passengers will give extra tip when they board the bus which isn't that much either...

I had to throw out a few passengers because they were making trouble and nearly got into a fight because I tried to stop a drunkies from running away from police because he started a bar fight. well, I manage to put him into an arm lock before the police comes and take him over. Hey, I got a pat on the back for it. It might sound quite an eventful night, but trust me, it happens nearly every weekend so its not really special for me.

Saturday? Its rainy for the whole day, it ruined my weekend plan but hey at least Sunday is sunny. the original plant was for me, Lisa and a few friends to go to the beach, having Barbeque and have fun. Too bad it had to be cancelled, o well we will do it the next day, so not a big loss. Had work too tonite and has just finished it. The night is surprisingly tame, not much parties, drunkers don't make trouble in the bus although some of them was kittening because they missed their stop but its not my fault so its cool. The only bad thing today is the fact that petrol prices goes up again, and I had to buy petrol to fill my car, bummer. Just got home, gonna take a nice, hot shower and then goes to sleep. Gotta wake up early tommorrow to prepare to go to the beach. laters

EDIT: Oh yeah, did everyone remember the Drunkies event a few days ago? The 1 where I threaten some drunkies with a sword. I surprisingly got away without any trouble other than a 500 dollar fine which I pay in cash on the spot. Heck, the whole depot practically hailed me like a Hero. Apparently the drunkies group was pretty common for making ruckus in busses and none of my colleague are brave enough to throw them out of the bus, until I did it. Hell yeah.

Edited by BlackLightning, 15 November 2008 - 12:58 PM.

#12 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 02:17 AM

Sunday 19 December, 1.15 PM local time

Yeah, bored out of my mind at work enough to make me remember about this blog and revive it. Pretty tame day so far, minor trouble and hopefully will continue until the rest of the day. Will post again later at the end of the day

#13 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 02:41 AM

awesome biggrin.gif I would have loved to see you threaten those losers with a sword!
why so secretive? I'm totally curious who your wife is now cool.gif

Edited by Nee-sama, 19 December 2010 - 02:43 AM.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#14 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 03:11 AM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Dec 19 2010, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
awesome biggrin.gif I would have loved to see you threaten those losers with a sword!
why so secretive? I'm totally curious who your wife is now cool.gif

I still bring my blunt katana everywhere in my backpack, it won't kill but its enough to incapacitate people if need be

#15 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 19 December 2010 - 03:37 AM

I'll be sure never to mess with you, BL laugh.gif That would be quite painful.

I mean, real swords? Ouch...

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#16 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 03:43 AM

QUOTE (KonaKonaFan @ Dec 19 2010, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll be sure never to mess with you, BL laugh.gif That would be quite painful.

I mean, real swords? Ouch...

Well... actually it was a steel sword for decoration only but... yeah its still lethal if I smack someone up the head with it. In a way its much like the Sakabatou from Rurouni Kenshin except that rather than the edge is reversed, there is no edge on it at the first place, so... yeah I can't even cut a sponge cake with it but I can give concussion or breaking people
s bone with it

Edited by BlackLightning, 19 December 2010 - 03:45 AM.

#17 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 09:42 PM

Monday 20 December, 8.30 AM Local Time

Just finished my morning routine and waiting for time to go to work at 9, thought I gonna update here about what happened after my last entry. It figures really that what I hope rarely happens... including to have a peaceful day ._.

Right after I put my last post here, I have a shouting contest with a customer and have to kick out several people from the premises. here is the sequence of events:

1. I got called by the guy in the register that several customers are complaining about another customer
2. I go down to talk with this "rude" customer
3. Apparently they are taking spaces that are supposed to belong to another customer and being a total jerk about it by saying: If they are having problem, just go to another PC
4. I argue with them, of course to have them respect other sutomers but they actually dare to tell me to mind my own business (which is ironic since it IS my own business since I own 1/3 of the business)
5. We got into a shouting contest and they argue that they will pay extra if I leave them alone, of course I said no. I don't care if they pay 3x the rate since letting them be will make me lose more customers which of course is a not acceptable
6. Finally one of them considering he's bigger than me seem to THINK that he's superior and I should be afraid of him told me to literally kitten Off, thats the last straw
7. I go to the register, forefully log them off and tell them to get the hell out of my place and never come back
8. Apparently the guy from before took offense of it and tried to "teach me a lesson"
9. I in capacitate him and put his friend (who tried to hit me from behind mind you) in an arm lock on the floor
10. I told them to get the hell out of my place, never to come back before I call the police.
11. They run like bat out of hell, I got an applause from the other customers and reassurance that they will have my back as witnesses if those people tried to go to the court (which considering I have the whole event on a tape by security camera, definitely gonna help)

Edited by BlackLightning, 20 December 2010 - 11:12 PM.

#18 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:11 PM

Tuesday 21 December 10 AM Local Time

This year's summer is officially the strangest EVER, the weather is 27 Degrees Celsius in average which is by itself is already strange since summer supposed to be at least 30+. Its even stranger that the wind is still cold which makes it as if the season is still in late autumn or early spring, though its not necessarily a bad thing but it sure as hell unusual.

On another note, my best friend in Indonesia gonna be married to my wife's best friend early next month and I gonna be the best man and my wife will be the maid of honor. They both promised us that when they have a child, we will be the godfather and godmother which I admit will be awesome and a great honor... if not a bit worrying... I mean... lets admit it, I'm not exactly a parent material (which is one of the reason why me and my wife hasn't got a kid yet either).

Due to the marriage, me and Lisa gonna have to take a flight to Indonesia on Christmas night to get fitted for the suit and dress as well as helping with the wedding preparation so neither of us prob gonna be online much during the time.

#19 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:42 AM

I feel ya on the child thing, I'm definitely not 'parent material'.

And you know, I thought it was just me but the weather here seems abnormal at times.

#20 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:17 AM

Thursday, 13 January 2011 3.07 PM Local Time

Finally, back to Australia yesterday night. I collapse on the bed right after I arrived at home and snore the night away, thank god I have today off from work still so that I can have enough time to reset by bio clock back to Australian time (Indonesia and Australia is 4 hours difference: 1 o clock in Indonesia = 5 o clock in Australia, go figure).... at least that was the plan... until my wife somehow remembered that she still got an assignment due tomorrow and she barely started, so now I have to help her with it. at least at this time we still have at least a full 24 hours before its due so hopefully we will manage to finish it on time... yeah no sleep for me tonight and I have to start work again tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully I will be able to squeeze at least a few hours of sleep tomorrow morning, I am quite good at many type of driving but driving while sleeping is definitely not one of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users