• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:57 PM

I wish my love for the EU didn't throw cold water on my excitement for this movie. I want to be excited. D:

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#22 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 11:45 PM

Ah, yeah, because it was so bad with its dodgy effects, incestuous undertones, Ewoks, hokey acting and lack of central plot-narrative direciton.

Oh, wait, no, that's the Originals. Face it, if you examine both trilogies they're both pretty bad critically speaking. However, both are great movies if you just sit back, stop being a stubborn fanboy, and just enjoy the damn show. No one invited you to start throwing a tantrum at the movie-theatre over the efforts of some of the best art-directors, CGI artists, practical artists, actors, and a director that has brought not one but two great franchises to two separate decades of children and adults alike. Saying the Prequels are bad is saying the Originals are bad, and trying to defend them against one another is just being a stubborn fanboy.

Now watch as I be a stubborn fanboy myself (hypocritically): the Broadsword looks stupid, the black stormtrooper character will serve no other role than "I Am Black That Is My Character Development", the football-droid is going to be a toy and try to replace R2-D2, we'll get no scenes with the Original cast and replace them with characters on the level of Salad and Burrito (instead of the cool EU characters), the Broadsword looks incredibly kittening stupid.

Watch the Plinket reviews sometime. There is plenty about the prequel trilogy that makes them awful. Most of those reasons have nothing to do with fanboy love of the originals.

#23 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:34 AM

Watch the Plinket reviews sometime. There is plenty about the prequel trilogy that makes them awful. Most of those reasons have nothing to do with fanboy love of the originals.

Cool story

But alas 

I still enjoy the prequels just as much as the originals.

Look at how much I care

tumblr_m7dvu0CBc71rao9e3o2_500.gif

Edited by Fyuria'sLeo, 14 December 2014 - 03:36 AM.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#24 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:57 AM

New trailer!

Edited by rikakim94, 17 April 2015 - 12:58 AM.

#25 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:50 AM

Basically my autobiography in reaction to the trailer. The feelz!

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#26 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:05 PM

I loved the new trailer!  It completely nailed the look of the original trilogy for me, and I hope the story will be as good as it looks.

Another thing I loved, is that BB-8 isn't a computer-generated effect. It's completely real!

I want my own mini BB-8.  :P

#27 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:42 AM

Han Solo and Chewie a the end of the trailer  :boogie:

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#28 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:38 AM

Han Solo and Chewie a the end of the trailer  :boogie:

They will back, or we will get new Han Solo.

#29 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 02:50 PM

They will back, or we will get new Han Solo.

Of course they will be back, there is only ONE Han Solo :hm:

Edited by Nar123, 01 May 2015 - 02:50 PM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#30 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 11 July 2015 - 03:06 AM

Y'ALL READY FOR AN UPDATE?

New video came out at Comic-Con, behind the scenes of Star Wars The Force Awakens

I also wrote a little recap of the Star Wars panel at Comic-Con. Feel free to read it here.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#31 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 06:46 PM

I'm really excited for this, but at the same time I'm in the middle of a re-watch of Star Trek: TNG and it just reminded me how horribly Abrams has treated the Star Trek reboot. I hope he has more respect for Star Wars.

#32 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:36 AM

I'm really excited for this, but at the same time I'm in the middle of a re-watch of Star Trek: TNG and it just reminded me how horribly Abrams has treated the Star Trek reboot. I hope he has more respect for Star Wars.

While I think Into Darkness was a little bumpy, the 09 Trek in my view was handled well and received wide-spread acclaim from critics, high scores from Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes.

A new movie in the Star Wars franchise definitely raises question marks but I think Abrams is a real turn around artist. The Mission Impossible franchise was on life support, he brought it back. Star Trek Nemesis was disappointing and Abrams brought back good critical praise with the reboot. I wouldn't be surprised if he does the same with Star Wars.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#33 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 02:31 AM

While I think Into Darkness was a little bumpy, the 09 Trek in my view was handled well and received wide-spread acclaim from critics, high scores from Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes.

A new movie in the Star Wars franchise definitely raises question marks but I think Abrams is a real turn around artist. The Mission Impossible franchise was on life support, he brought it back. Star Trek Nemesis was disappointing and Abrams brought back good critical praise with the reboot. I wouldn't be surprised if he does the same with Star Wars.

I'm not really talking about what critics think. I mean, as a big Star Trek fan, his movies are disrespectful to Star Trek. They aren't Trek films. They're generic space action movies using Star Trek costumes.

#34 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 02:57 PM

I'm not really talking about what critics think. I mean, as a big Star Trek fan, his movies are disrespectful to Star Trek. They aren't Trek films. They're generic space action movies using Star Trek costumes.

Yes, it is.
That's why we need to treat it as different Star Trek.

#35 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:26 AM

New Trailer:

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#36 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 20 October 2015 - 09:25 AM

I really cannot wait for this film to come out.  It's looking fantastic so far.

Please let the plot be good.

#37 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga, history, unexplained mysteries, linguistics, geology, astrology, astro physics, chemistry, astronomy, sport cars, and racing cars, monster trucks, quantum mechanics and particle physics

Anime/Manga - Gaming

NaruSaku, Ash x Misty, (Pokyshiping) Ichigo x Rukia, Kiba/Hinata, Ichigo x Orihime, Uryū x Orihime, Cullen x Amell, Alastair x Warden, Cullen x Female Inqustior Ed x Winnry, Spike x May Valatine, Kaiden Alekno x Female Shepard, Garus x Female Shepard, Joker x Female Shepard, Angg x Katara, Zuko x Katara, Mako x Kora ( Avatar the last air bender - Legend of Kora) I don't see the ending of Kora as canon since its more of a fan service ending, since the canon pairing is not a properly developed paring.

VLD pairing: Plance, Shiro x Adam, Hunk x Shay, Kallura
    anti Allurance

The Dragon Prince: Cullum x Rayla

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)
    Angel x Buffy, Buffy x Spike, Angel x Cordila Chase (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Booth x Bones (bones)
    Tony x Ziva David, Abby x Timothy McGee, Timothy x Delia (NCIS)
    Dean x Castiel, Sam x Gabriel, Sam x Elaine, Dean x Jo (Supernatural)

Comics parings: Supes x Lois Lang, Peter Parker x Mary Jay Waston, Captian x Black Widow, Hawke Eye x Black Widow, Jean Grey x Cyclops, Jean x Wolverine, Rouge x Gambit, Batman x Slilena Kyle, Bruce x Black Widow

Movies pairings: Jurassic Park series (Owen x Claire, Malcome x Sarah) Han x Leia, Luke x Maria Jade, Finn x Rey, FinnPoe (Star Wars)

Dislikes Supes x Wonder Woman, as it's basically turns a feminist icon in to a baby maker, NaruHinata, Sasuke x Sakura abusive relationship ahoy.

Posted 20 October 2015 - 12:14 PM

I can't wait until this film comes out its on my top list of movies the new trailer looks good? So is this a next generation film or a reboot?
Them Duke boys never meant no harm.--------> my childhood.
Freedom of speech is no laughing matter, since it does take one person to stand up for the right too speak out.
firma__op__luffyxnami_nu__out__by_pjxd23

#38 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:37 PM

I can't wait until this film comes out its on my top list of movies the new trailer looks good? So is this a next generation film or a reboot?

It's next generation. Though there are some reboot-like qualities. Star Wars: Aftermath is clearly meant as a bridge novel between ROTJ and this film, so it won't be like Abrams wiping out the Star Trek canon.

Also, tickets purchased.

#39 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:33 PM

I''ll just wait in line ... and wait for a 5 days to pass...

#40 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 09:24 PM

My body is ready.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users