226 replies to this topic

#161 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:57 PM

They never have a chance airing this garbage the same time with Shingeki no Kyojin , but even if the anime died is the manga gonna die as well?? i really hope so. Maybe they not gonna admit the sales of the anime is bad if it does died and stop airing, they gonna said not enough source material and gonna wait for the manga to get far off and so the anime going to break for a while waiting for the manga.

Bolded in order for the anime to die, the manga must die first. If sales drop in high numbers (which I really hope so) then they might shut down productions. You fans keep saying that series like Sword Art Online sucks, and that is terrible, Well Boruto will always be worse than any bad anime ever. I don't see myself wasting my time watching that kitten anime (let alone watching The Last :sick:)

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#162 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:14 PM

No. That would make fans feel ok for not being ranked top 10. It's on a Wednesday slot. Attack on Titan is on Saturday, the same with My Hero Academia, who by the way ranked at top 10. There's no real excuse for Boruto. It lost because well it did.

#163 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:27 PM

It really isn't, and that's the sad thing about it. 

So far Boruto's biggest missed opportunity is the whole rivalry thing, and it trying to be different: 

• Like Naruto,  there is a shy girl that "likes" boruto 
  • DId the Talk no Jutsu to Iwabe  again that comes from his father. 
  • The mystery around Kawaki's character again is similar to Tobi again like Naruto
  • A possible rivalry between Kawaki and Boruto just like Naruto and Sasuke. 
  • Sarada finding Boruto annoying just like her mother Sakura did for his father Boruto.
  • Shikadai is a smart kid just like his father. 

I mean I think that would've been an interesting approach which Ria brought up was if Sarada and Boruto not only being "lovers", but were also rivals in training... Oh well what do I know.  Still tho  if anything Boruto so far almost seems to be hitting the same notes as Naruto note atleast at this point anyway.

Edited by LuckyChi7, 16 April 2017 - 03:29 PM.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#164 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:28 PM

They never have a chance airing this garbage the same time with Shingeki no Kyojin , but even if the anime died is the manga gonna die as well?? i really hope so. Maybe they not gonna admit the sales of the anime is bad if it does died and stop airing, they gonna said not enough source material and gonna wait for the manga to get far off and so the anime going to break for a while waiting for the manga.

I don't think it's the same timing with Shingeki no Kyojin. Based on the mature content of SNK, it'll never be aired earlier than 10pm local time (if my memory serves me correctly). Mature anime typically airs late at night, therefore you hardly see mature anime such as SNK, Death Note, etc made it to the top 10 anime ranking.

You'd typically see anime aimed at children and teenager in this list.

Wait. This is aired the same time as Attack of Titan's? Yeesh, no wonder their other anime failed. I joked about it before but TV Tokyo might be actually trying to kill the Naruto franchise.

SP are the ones that really want to keep Boruto going since it now their new breadwinner. If the anime goes there is very little reason to keep the manga around.

No, I don't think it's the same as AOT showtime. I might be wrong though. Mature contents typically airs late in the night.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#165 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:51 PM

No. That would make fans feel ok for not being ranked top 10. It's on a Wednesday slot. Attack on Titan is on Saturday, the same with My Hero Academia, who by the way ranked at top 10. There's no real excuse for Boruto. It lost because well it did.

Apologies for double posting. You can ask me to engineer a MATLAB program, but to merge posts in a web-based forum; that's something that even engineers/researchers need to be trained... haha...

Jokes aside, yes, I totally agree.

It lost because it did.

Metantei Conan, Dragon Ball, One Piece, Boku no Hero Academia; all of these are teenagers-aimed show and they are on the top 10 rank quite often with score above 3.0 or so...

The last episode of Naruto, which was NH / Hinata centrist didn't even make it to the top 10. You can dig enough on the interweb and see how Naruto animated series scores after the manga ending fiasco. I won't elaborate it here. It's all up to interpretation really. Basically their score is hardly goes beyond 2.1.

Granted, correlation does not imply causation. But I stand by my opinion that the studio has made a big mistake going with the way it did. And I think they start to learn it the hard way.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#166 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:21 PM

I don't think it's the same timing with Shingeki no Kyojin. Based on the mature content of SNK, it'll never be aired earlier than 10pm local time (if my memory serves me correctly). Mature anime typically airs late at night, therefore you hardly see mature anime such as SNK, Death Note, etc made it to the top 10 anime ranking.

You'd typically see anime aimed at children and teenager in this list.

I should have appologize using wrong word and causing misleading, when i said airing at the same time of course i do not mean the same exact hour / day. I mean Suesha / SP should wait until Attack on Titan / Shingeki no Kyojin finish airing / done all of it's episode (i heard this second season only has 12 episode). I mean i'm not an expert at this but even though the time they appear on TV might be different , choosing the same month i think it's bad idea.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#167 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,554 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:55 PM

I should have apologize using wrong word and causing misleading, when i said airing at the same time of course i do not mean the same exact hour / day. I mean Suesha / SP should wait until Attack on Titan / Shingeki no Kyojin finish airing / done all of it's episode (i heard this second season only has 12 episode). I mean i'm not an expert at this but even though the time they appear on TV might be different , choosing the same month i think it's bad idea.

Well thanks for clearing that up.

...Why would it matter that they are on the same season? Most new anime seem to all be start at roughly the same week or so because that's when the season starts. Boruto and Attack of Titans releasing their episodes in the same season, means absolutely nothing other then they are on the same season. They don't effect each other unless people don't have enough time to watch both, which means they may be indirectly competing against each other but its the same with any other show. If they were on the same time of day on the same day then they are directly competing against each other, then it a battle of popularity for ratings which Boruto would loss.

Bolded in order for the anime to die, the manga must die first. If sales drop in high numbers (which I really hope so) then they might shut down productions. You fans keep saying that series like Sword Art Online sucks, and that is terrible, Well Boruto will always be worse than any bad anime ever. I don't see myself wasting my time watching that kitten anime (let alone watching The Last :sick:)

Anime can die before the manga and negatively impact it. Look at Toriko. It was once considered to be the next big manga, until the anime ended and then it slowly faded into obscurity.

Out of general curiosity would anyone know what is on the same time as Boruto?

It really isn't, and that's the sad thing about it. 

So far Boruto's biggest missed opportunity is the whole rivalry thing, and it trying to be different: 

• Like Naruto,  there is a shy girl that "likes" boruto 
  • DId the Talk no Jutsu to Iwabe  again that comes from his father. 
  • The mystery around Kawaki's character again is similar to Tobi again like Naruto
  • A possible rivalry between Kawaki and Boruto just like Naruto and Sasuke. 
  • Sarada finding Boruto annoying just like her mother Sakura did for his father Boruto.
  • Shikadai is a smart kid just like his father. 

I mean I think that would've been an interesting approach which Ria brought up was if Sarada and Boruto not only being "lovers", but were also rivals in training... Oh well what do I know.  Still tho  if anything Boruto so far almost seems to be hitting the same notes as Naruto note atleast at this point anyway.

Other then Bolt is far more unlikable then his father ever was, its not trying to be different in the slightest. The only difference I see is between Bolt and Naruto. Naruto was an idiot that when people first met him nobody respected, but slowly over the course of an arc he would convince his nay-sayers to believe in him after showing them his hard work. grit, determination, empathy, and sticking with his values. With Bolt, he walks in everyone thinks he is a jack-ass then he wins a fight then everyone worships him. That's happened at least twice so far episode two and the movie/manga chapters 1-10. They are just copying the formula that been doing for years in filler but they don't understand why it works for Naruto but doesn't work for Bolt.

Also making Salad a clone of Sakura without the flaws that made people hate her but that doesn't matter.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 17 April 2017 - 12:57 AM.

#168 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:19 AM

Apologies for double posting. You can ask me to engineer a MATLAB program, but to merge posts in a web-based forum; that's something that even engineers/researchers need to be trained... haha...

Jokes aside, yes, I totally agree.

It lost because it did.

Metantei Conan, Dragon Ball, One Piece, Boku no Hero Academia; all of these are teenagers-aimed show and they are on the top 10 rank quite often with score above 3.0 or so...

The last episode of Naruto, which was NH / Hinata centrist didn't even make it to the top 10. You can dig enough on the interweb and see how Naruto animated series scores after the manga ending fiasco. I won't elaborate it here. It's all up to interpretation really. Basically their score is hardly goes beyond 2.1.

Granted, correlation does not imply causation. But I stand by my opinion that the studio has made a big mistake going with the way it did. And I think they start to learn it the hard way.

Im curious i hear a lot of naruto fans are coming to accept the naruto ending and they are posting a lot of boruto pics on pixiv and i heard a lot of positive comments regarding  the naruhina wedding. And i heard that theres were little to no negative comments regarding the ending anymore. Is this true as of now? At least in the japanese fanbase? Aside from what the tv ratings tell us? 

#169 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,554 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:07 AM

Im curious i hear a lot of naruto fans are coming to accept the naruto ending and they are posting a lot of boruto pics on pixiv and i heard a lot of positive comments regarding  the naruhina wedding. And i heard that there's were little to no negative comments regarding the ending anymore. Is this true as of now? At least in the japanese fanbase? Aside from what the tv ratings tell us? 

The anime just ended. So you have a large group of American/International fans that never read the manga dealing with the ending right now. Some like it. Some hate it. Most will probably move on to something else soon enough. Will probably see another surge like that once the dub ends.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 17 April 2017 - 03:45 AM.

#170 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:41 AM

The anti-ending/burrito/hinata/nh fandom is strong on tumblr. I love them.

Concerning the anime's comment of 'scary angry hinata

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#171 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:05 AM

The anti-ending/burrito/hinata/nh fandom is strong on tumblr. I love them.

Concerning the anime's comment of 'scary angry hinata

The inconsistency is real!!

I mean look I'm not against prequel stories, but you also have to consistency when it comes to the original timeline.  Like Boruto's eye showcasing the byakugan in Episode 1 prior to him joining the academy does come out of nowhere.  I mean when you open the episode it's the first couple pages for the manga chapter 1,  and that was fine since it was years into the future after the movie. However, having it be a thing that Boruto is born (possibly) retcons that part of the story as far as the anime is concerned.  Same thing with Hinata you don't see her being what Boruto describes her to be in the first couple episodes especially when you have the movie. She lets her son do whatever she wants, and 4life knows exactly what I'm reffering to when I mention that because as a parent she fails.  

It doesn't matter that she's showcasing those qualities in the anime, but again it's a damn prequel so things need to line up with what's already come, and last I check Boruto The Movie came out long before The anime did.

Ugh.. I can't believe a series like this would stoop this low, and I know There will probably never be a day where I make peace with this series cause the damn ending took away any credibility it had left. 

#172 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,554 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 07:07 AM

The inconsistency is real!!

I mean look I'm not against prequel stories, but you also have to consistency when it comes to the original timeline.  Like Boruto's eye showcasing the byakugan in Episode 1 prior to him joining the academy does come out of nowhere.  I mean when you open the episode it's the first couple pages for the manga chapter 1,  and that was fine since it was years into the future after the movie. However, having it be a thing that Boruto is born (possibly) retcons that part of the story as far as the anime is concerned.  Same thing with Hinata you don't see her being what Boruto describes her to be in the first couple episodes especially when you have the movie. She lets her son do whatever she wants, and 4life knows exactly what I'm reffering to when I mention that because as a parent she fails.  

It doesn't matter that she's showcasing those qualities in the anime, but again it's a damn prequel so things need to line up with what's already come, and last I check Boruto The Movie came out long before The anime did.

Ugh.. I can't believe a series like this would stoop this low, and I know There will probably never be a day where I make peace with this series cause the damn ending took away any credibility it had left. 

Remember its not just a byakugan as some people have pointed out. It is a tenseigan, much worst and far more bull-kitten-ty.

The problem is with that lines is have we even in the anime ever seen Hinata get mad? She may have gotten serious, but has she ever gotten mad? Even then the next episode when Hinata was watching over bolt all she was doing was smiling while he freaked out. So even they don't even show her getting mad and going disciplinarian on him when she had the full rights to.

Honestly I been thinking about it and there is vast difference between Naruto's and His son (I hate this term) Talk-no-Jutsu. Both how they do it, and what the message is behind it. As I mention above how both are handle are vastly different despite the same out line; "Naruto was an idiot that when people first met him nobody respected, but slowly over the course of an arc he would convince his nay-sayers to believe in him after showing them his hard work. grit, determination, empathy, and sticking with his values. With Bolt, he walks in everyone thinks he is a jack-ass then he wins a fight then everyone worships him." And the message behind them are the complete opposite.

Lets look at the first two people both of these two main character changed through their actions Konohamaru and Inari for Naruto and Train Boy and The Repeater for Bolt.

Konohamaru starts out as a boy trying to assassinate his own grandfather. His reason for doing this is he feels he doesn't have his own identity and he is merely living in his grandfather's shadow, so by killing him he hopes to gain recognition beyond being the Third's grandson. After Naruto teaches him the sexy jutsu, and gives him a speech about how difficult the path to becoming hokage really is, this changes Konohamaru into a hard working boy that wants to work his way to becoming hokage.

Inari starts off as a pessimistic boy who thinks standing up for oneself is pointless because all it leads to is death. After both Naruto and Inari learn more about each other, Naruto intense training, and saving Inari and his mother. All this was able to changed Inari into a boy that was willing to stand up to Gato even if it meant death and was able to convince the entire fishing village to stand up with him. 

Train Boy is a coward that father wants him to become a ninja because he was a ninja before he became rich and feels that it will toughen up his boy and teach him good work ethics. Bolt tells him to just ignore his father by logic is that Bolt's father is kitten and doesn't follow through with his punishments so Train boy should just ignore his father because of that. Then Bolt runs off because it late and he doesn't want to get his mom mad at him. Then Train Boy get possessed, fight happens, and then he goes to become a ninja just like his father wanted along.

The Repeater resents the fact he was hold back despite his obvious skill because he didn't care about the other education in the school that wasn't ninja training. His resentment leads to him acting like a bully, that then Bolt beats up. Then he goes to all his classes like a good boy.

Now Naruto deals with people that normally have lost faith in themselves, the people that have given up and have just taken the easy road what that maybe:killing the hokage, being a pessimistic spoiled brat, a psychopathic killer, a fatalist kitten, nut jobs that want to destroy the world, and so on. Then through Naruto's actions and words he inspires them to not give up on their dreams or life and take the difficult path in order to pursue those once abandoned dreams. Since Naruto was alone for the first 12 years of his life all he had were his dreams and if he gave up on those he would be the same as all those he faced, and changed.

Bolt despite his initial claims that he is a rebel that ignores adults and doesn't care about what people think because he is just too awesome. But if you look at how he actually behaves and what he ultimately teaches those two boys is conformity, and obeying your adult figure in your lives to the point that their desires are more important then yours'.  He is ultimately just a brat that wants his father to discipline him, and he has no goal other then continue Sasuke's line of work because it looks cool.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 17 April 2017 - 08:44 AM.

#173 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:03 PM

Ign's review and this time its not that nice

http://uk.ign.com/ar...ages-son-review

#174 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:08 PM

Seems like a good sign! 

#175 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:58 PM

Ign's review and this time its not that nice

http://uk.ign.com/ar...ages-son-review

The reviewer voted the episode mediocre lol. Though in my opinion it should be" sucks ass" but oh well mediocre will have to do.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#176 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:54 PM

That site comment section really belittling the reviewer and to tell him to quit.

#177 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:58 PM

That site comment section really belittling the reviewer and to tell him to quit.

Who cares let the pro Naruto/NH enders vent their anger on him just because he's telling the truth. 

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#178 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:32 PM

Not everything has to be seen in a positive light... people in this world are just different and honestly they just need to accept that. I know the most people can agree The Bleach ending was rushed, and I don't blame them for feeling that way. Their are some people who love Fairy Tail over Rave Master, and while I may not agree with that opinion.. I at the very least respect their opinions.. it's not like Oh you just a stupid idiot for liking trash.. no people are entitled to their own opinion.... Same thing with Naruto I hated the ending with a burning passion, but to people who like it and I'm like well whatever.. Even with the pairings I'll be like look NaruSaku is better because of chemistry, development, and how they are realistically as a couple oh that also includes moments as well. I'm not gonna be like NaruHina sucks because i prefer NaruSaku or with SasuSaku  there has to be a legit reason behind it.   Throughout the course of the series Naruto and Hinata just didn't have that much interaction with another, and between Sasuke and Sakura the only thing that happened was that Sasuke treated her like kitten throughout most of the series, and it comes off as an abusive relationship esepecially in Part 2.  

More than anything I feel the biggest thing the remaining Naruto fans who are still loyal to the series are holding onto Nostalgia, and that's the issue... They just can't help but hold onto something that was so dear to them, and having any negatives would just make that person a hater because they don't share the same opinion.   

Unfortunately that's one of the reasons why Boruto exists cause some people won't just learn to let go.. I've done it before with countless series before.   Yu-Gi-Oh and Avatar: The Last Airbender were a big apart of my childhood, and when they ended it definetly made me feel sad, but I accepted that all good things must come to an end... and the same thing with Pokemon XY/XYZ too like I think that's the best anime Pokemon has had and I'll admit some of the thing towards the end could've turned out better, but the final episode was great,  I mean sure there is Sun and Moon, but then again I don't see Pokemon ending anytime soon lol..  But you guys get my point behind this they are just too blinded by nostalgia, and I feel they need to look at the bigger picture to help or it was the very first thing they got into with Anime. 

#179 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:02 PM

Man, if I ever do a podcast on Boruto, the intro should be "here comes the money!"

#180 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:35 PM

You mean here comes the debts? XD

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users