• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

#1 MBKon

MBKon

Hm hm hm hm hm

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • Interests:Girls, and girls, girls, did i mention girls?

Posted 25 February 2006 - 06:04 PM

My worst failure was at a fanfic. It had some hints of NaruSaku, even if he put that he hated her.

This was how it happened.

Author: Naruto + ?w?h?o?

Me and 20 other NarSak suporters: Sakura!

Random noob: ANKO!!11

120 others: Either ANKO!!11 or NaruKure Rules! Or NARUSASU!!!!222

I sent a mail to the author and a pm too and guess the reply.

Author: Sorry, i think that NaruSaku Reeks, it shouldnt even be there!

I was all like wacko.gif and tried to talk some sense into him and guess what then.

Author: Stop it! Only Iruka deserves him!

Marcus went crazy and flamed the story all over. Even today you hear the yelling and the screaming for help.

Marcus: :shamefulcry0js: that guy was crazy! Iruka and NARUTO!

Marko: There, there...

I failed miserably :shamefulcry0js: , but not anymore a_plotting.gif NaruIru suporters: a_smashy.gif a_smashy.gif a_smashy.gif

#2 Grengo

Grengo

Dance Dance

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:Anime, soccer, running, reading, blah blah blah

Posted 25 February 2006 - 06:14 PM

I can't stand stories with gimmicks like "The pairing in this story will be decided by votes thrown in via reviews!"

I also can't stand yaoi fics. You shouldn't have tried to convince the author, really :\

#3 MBKon

MBKon

Hm hm hm hm hm

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 06:25 PM

but it was so good! for a newbie author it was great! I would have even taken NaruIno, just not what it came to! It was....(dun dun duuunn)

NaruSasu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAHHHH!!!!

#4 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 25 February 2006 - 06:37 PM

I have little respect for fics decided by votes. It speaks nothing of a writer/author's skill if there was ever a search engine for fics by reviews.

I've never had trouble at converting though. Mainly because I don't really have a favourite pairing. (Naru/Saku is canon to me)
I can read nearly any Naru/whoever pairing (though not Yaoi, it's not my cup of tea) on one condition. It's done well.

#5 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 26 February 2006 - 08:19 AM

My friend, who's only evidence is that Naruto told Hinata that he liked her during the exams. Seems like my debating skills need help....because I don't know how to counter him....

#6 blessed_devil

blessed_devil

...Advanced Member?

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:Making fanfics, reading fanfics, watching TV especially Naruto, eating, sleeping, playing...

Posted 26 February 2006 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzamaki @ Feb 26 2006, 08:19 AM)
My friend, who's only evidence is that Naruto told Hinata that he liked her during the exams.  Seems like my debating skills need help....because I don't know how to counter him....

Maybe you should tell him about Sakura's blushing or Naruto saying "I finally know why I like Sakura-chan so much!"?

Um... my greatest failure in converting is from some guy who uses filler arcs as evidence. And then I was like "Filler arcs aren't canon, man!" and he was like "Ur juz s4ynig taht coz u cnt argue agianst it!"

Oh well...can't help it... :rolleyes:
Nothing is more reassuring than Kakashi saying "They'll be alright. Pakkun is with them."

#7 MBKon

MBKon

Hm hm hm hm hm

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 11:48 AM

OO what! he really wrote like THAT!

#8 blessed_devil

blessed_devil

...Advanced Member?

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:Making fanfics, reading fanfics, watching TV especially Naruto, eating, sleeping, playing...

Posted 26 February 2006 - 12:57 PM

Err...no...but...it's a parody. happy.gif
Nothing is more reassuring than Kakashi saying "They'll be alright. Pakkun is with them."

#9 MBKon

MBKon

Hm hm hm hm hm

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 01:20 PM

-.- ha.ha.ha. but, the parody sure is funny...NOT

#10 Quixotic Novice

Quixotic Novice

'Arf' means there's a dog nearby! ^_^

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 06:36 PM

Ugh, a whole gang of SasuSaku... not pretty...

#11 Jameshawking

Jameshawking

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (Quixotic Novice @ Feb 26 2006, 01:36 PM)
Ugh, a whole gang of SasuSaku... not pretty...

Ack! try doing that and a whole bunch of NaruHina ppl.

#12 sakurapetals

sakurapetals

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:NaruXSaku!!!!!^___^

Posted 28 February 2006 - 10:35 AM

Aaah! I can't do it! My friend is a totally loyal SasuSaku fan! She thinks he'll come home to Konoha, get rid of Naruto, fall in love with Sakura and have weird babies...

Well, I tried...I even asked her if she read chapter 296 but she didn't...:shamefulcry0js:

Must find another SasuSaku fan and think of an EEEBBBIIILL plan! a_plotting.gif

Latest LSS (Last Song Syndrome):
nothin' new...

#13 Twisting_Neather

Twisting_Neather

The Original Ninja Pimp Master

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Go, reading manga, watching anime... things like that.<br />Oh, I and I like to cosplay :)

Posted 11 March 2006 - 11:59 PM

I was in a forum (don't remember which) and these people were all like " nosebleed8rx.gif NaruSasu is the best"
I was like " omfg.gif you guys are sick!" (yes it was a buch of guys)
And then they were like " :devil: Join us or die! :devil: "
Needless to say I never went back. *shiver*
They scare me :shamefulcry0js:

#14 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 12 March 2006 - 03:30 AM

I just don't understand those Naru/guy fics, I mean, Naruto is totally straight, you're looking at the kid who created the Sexy No Jutsu. Damn! Plus, those sasusaku people don't like Naruto, so if Naruto gets killed by Sasuke without Sasuke also dying, what's the show going to be called, "Sasuke?"Great Gods!

#15 PeacefulPhoenix

PeacefulPhoenix

THE PANDACAPOLYPSE SHALL BE SWIFT AND FUZZY

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:18 AM

i managed to get one supporter of NaruHina to Neutreal, but she said that she'd wait for a bit to see more, and she need a bit more emotion from Naruto before she joins us.

While the other guy was, and Quote "N4RUXHIN4 4 3V3R".......
i was laughing for hours after that, but i only manage one at a time...and y only girls???

#16 Unknown-san

Unknown-san

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 12:32 AM

Well.. let's see.. I tried to get my sister to convert (she's a huge NaruHina fan) by reading this Plus I showed her some real good arguments.. And she ended up hating the couple more then she did before (mainly cause it's a threat to her own favorite couple) Then she started to hate sakura (Probably because to her Sakura's like competition for Hinata now and Hinata's her favorite character..)

And I'm a huge NaruSasu fangirl sweatdrop.gif Don't kill meh X_x I just like the way they interact..

#17 Guest_algernon81_*

Guest_algernon81_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2006 - 12:52 AM

Great link, though for your NaruSasu punishment, you must post in the enrollment thread and I ask Won-Ton and Krisk to welcome you...no holds barred.

Have fun!

#18 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

Just your friendly, neighborhood zombie hunter.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:27 PM

My biggest failed attempt was at an fairly big anime forum. There was a naruto fan club with a favorite pairings topic.

I left a reply with NaruSaku and a few good reasons why it should be. Couple hours later checked the topic. Their was like 30 differ post behind mine saying. "YOU BITE FOR LIKING NARUSAKU-NARUSASU RULEZ-SASUSAKU WAS MEANT TO BE-YOU WILL DIE IF YOU DON'T LIKE NARUHINA- AND- NARUKAKA IS DESTINY!

I just left a big :blink: And haven't visited in a few months.

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

#19 puckreathof

puckreathof

The Old Lion grows weary...

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 08:45 PM

I also do not understand the whole Naruguy thing. I understand when it's a friendship thing. Even a close friendship. (Some fics that do label NaruGaa or what have you, they're all about the friendship.) I have no problems with that, because they do have a great dynamic. As for Sasuke killing Naruto and the series becoming 'Sasuke' I call it the 'Zero Syndrome'. It has happened in other game,s but to date, Megaman is the first I recall in which it happened. Where another character, who one could even call a Mary Sue to some extent, shows up, is COOLER and much more fun to use by far than the main character, and more focus starts getting placed on him. It's ... INSANE! It happens in Castlevania too, where I would much rather play as Alucard in Symphony of the Night, and Zero in Megaman. There are other instances, but none come to mind right now.

My worse failure converting comes to discussing the dub, not NaruSaku. God did I get flamed for not liking it and stating my opinion. (Which I still hold, that the dub is of poor quality.) I'll admit I did not state myself well in the beginning, but even after I restated myself in a more reasonable and clear fashion, the reaction was only marginally improved. As for the NaruSaku conversions, they're usually so steeped in personal preference that I'll argue, but not really try to convert in any way. Ah well, such as it is.

#20 gamerman_007

gamerman_007

Shodaime Smexkage

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Females, Internet/computers B(o)(o)bs.

Posted 26 April 2006 - 03:35 AM

about fillers, what if there was a filler with plenty of narusaku goodness? would you use it?

Bunny: Sasuke, join me.
Sasuke: What will I receive if I join you?
Bunny: POWER! UNLIMITED POWER!
Sasuke: Sweet! what do I do?
Orochimaru: Sssssssssssssaaaaaaasssssssssukkkkkkeeeeeee-kkkuuuuuunnnn!
Sasuke: oh f***

Sono nantomo ienai sekushii na oshiri wo ore no kokan ni okittensukete rizumu ni awasete kosurinasai = Back that ass up. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users