• Please log in to reply
19441 replies to this topic

#5481 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:20 AM

Not me. And Ron almost always gets kidnapped yet he's a better character than Hinata.

understatement of the century, at the end he went all "super monkey king" and basically murdered those aliens completely xD everyone I'm sure was like  :jawdrop: okay now I'll stop being off topic xD

Edited by ultranx, 02 November 2014 - 05:23 AM.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#5482 TsukiChan ♥

TsukiChan ♥

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Interests:Naruto <3 ;Drawing anime ; Watching anime and K-dramas; NaruSaku <3

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:21 AM

Hi guys, watch this, Thanks to meekosfreedom :happy:  http://meekosfreedom...ers-please-read

DEAR NS SHIPPERS PLEASE READ.

I was really confused about this NH suddenly happening just as all of you, so as a script/literature student for almost a year, and learning all about foreshadowing, character development, and plot treatment, I decided I should talk to someone who knew more than me.

I exposed this case (about NH in the last movie) to my professor, who has been a successful screen writer for 27 years, and his answer was.

"Well, if you want to get two characters together, you have to put them through a lot of situations, and make them feel everything, both sides, so you can explain why the bond is so strong. You can’t put two characters together which development is so poor, not even if the 3, or 4 moments they have had together are really meaningful. That’s only valid if you are writing a short film cause you don’t have a lot of time, but if the story is as long as you’re telling me, then you have no excuse. You have had plenty of time to put those character through more moments, and make a successful development. If you really intent to make this two characters end up together, then you should have give them more screen time"

the I asked him about the other character (Sakura) what was her case and he answered.

" It means he really didn’t think it through, and he has wasted years of paper and ink developing this relationship for absolutely nothing. Why would you spend so much time developing a relationship if you really didn’t mean it? As a story maker you have to keep in mind that you have to make things clear for the viewers, because if you don’t, things like this happen. It’s like a new trend in marketing to leave a really open plot so the viewers can make their own conclusions, and watch just cause they want to know if they’re right, and they do this without even consulting the writer. That is called comercial script, and it’s ruining the industry, darling. But if in the end you tell me this girl who has been with the main character all the time, and it’s clearly the main female character, is not ending up with him, you’re telling me the writer of this story hasn’t been able to keep his story in line. He practically took a side character out of nowhere, and created a relationship that through the story was not even foreshadow. It’s bad writing"

I explain about Hinata’s love for Naruto. 

"And have the main character acknowledge this love?"

I told him about Pein Arc, and her confession. he asked me to see the pages of the manga, and I showed them to him.

"But then this confession was not mention again. When you write about several characters, you have to give each of them a resolution, or else it will  be unfinished. This girls confessions was sudden, and it was not mention again, so in my experience this is just to help the character get its resolution. If to the main character, or to the main plot this confession is supposed to be a game changer, or something important, then it should have been mention again. I can see the main female is there again, and as you can see, or at least what it seems is that the girl is uncomfortable. Sometimes we have to take side characters to do things like this, so main characters can realise their own truth. And it’s use really often. You see a lot of movies about someone who doesn’t realise he or she is in love with their best friend until the best friend is with someone else. So having this confession, and the only person to acknowledge that moment is the other girl, then the confession is only important to those girls. As i told you before, the side character needs its resolution about those feelings, and the main character needs to realise some things that are link to the confession".

I explained that since then, Naruto and Hinata have a couple of moments, and I showed them to him as well.

"Okey, I can see your concern. As stories develop sometimes we create characters that we wish we would have seen more of. But as much as I watched about this character, the conclusion of every interaction they have (naruto and hinata) is the girl thinking the same thing. We never see him thinking about her, or about what she has done. In the case of the other girl (Sakura) we have both of them thinking about each other constantly. In this cases the side character (hinata) will have her own resolution thanks to the impact the main character have had on her, and the other two (sakura and naruto) are more likely to have a resolution together. You can decode this just by who they keep in their thoughts. The main character has been in love with the other girl (sakura) for the whole story, and it is constantly showed. You never get a hint that he is changing his mind, so it would not be logical for him to change his mind in the blink of an eye, and he’s the main character, he gets what he wants. In this kind of stories, he works his ass off, he gets what he wants, and the other characters learn from him"

So I asked him what about the movie and I tell him everything that is going on and he told me.

"Then it means that in the main story the writer couldn’t really find a right way to give this character her resolution, so he created the perfect situation for her to have it. If this story is linked to the main one, then it will has no sense with her ending up with the main character. By the plot of this side story, I can tell that what you will mainly see is the final impact the main character has had on her, and the writer will be able to develop her story successfully, but as I see it, and talking with my own experience, her resolution will not be ending by the side of the main character. She will go through her own personal journey, she will finally give him the scarf as a sign of that chapter of her life ending because she will know new things about herself"

I thanked him, and as I was leaving his office he said to me. 

"Remember that stories have to make more sense than real life. So, if you want two people to end up together, you have to constantly show how that bond gets stronger. In stories nothing just happens, so I highly doubt he will love the other girl out of nowhere, not after the writer has spend 15 years invested on the other relationship, it will be kind of crushing. Can you imagine it? Spending so much time with the one you love going through the same things, and suddenly having to forget him because someone else loves you?" 

"No, sir"

"Yeah. Keep me updated, you have made me curious"

"Course I will"

So yeah, Im keeping my high hopes, or else I will be pretty disappointed. I don’t want to end up feeling disappointed.

I love what he has to say about the movie..because what he says is exactly what I am thinking about it actually being her resolution to her feelings for him..

but if NH actually does become canon, tell your professor and then tell us what he has to say about that, lol I would love to know his reaction to this nonsensical pairing

tumblr_inline_ndxjyuuF571qlo98f.gif

#5483 Awes9

Awes9

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:27 AM

Hi guys, watch this, Thanks to meekosfreedom :happy:  http://meekosfreedom...ers-please-read

I was really confused about this NH suddenly happening just as all of you, so as a script/literature student for almost a year, and learning all about foreshadowing, character development, and plot treatment, I decided I should talk to someone who knew more than me.

I exposed this case (about NH in the last movie) to my professor, who has been a successful screen writer for 27 years, and his answer was.

"Well, if you want to get two characters together, you have to put them through a lot of situations, and make them feel everything, both sides, so you can explain why the bond is so strong. You can’t put two characters together which development is so poor, not even if the 3, or 4 moments they have had together are really meaningful. That’s only valid if you are writing a short film cause you don’t have a lot of time, but if the story is as long as you’re telling me, then you have no excuse. You have had plenty of time to put those character through more moments, and make a successful development. If you really intent to make this two characters end up together, then you should have give them more screen time"

the I asked him about the other character (Sakura) what was her case and he answered.

" It means he really didn’t think it through, and he has wasted years of paper and ink developing this relationship for absolutely nothing. Why would you spend so much time developing a relationship if you really didn’t mean it? As a story maker you have to keep in mind that you have to make things clear for the viewers, because if you don’t, things like this happen. It’s like a new trend in marketing to leave a really open plot so the viewers can make their own conclusions, and watch just cause they want to know if they’re right, and they do this without even consulting the writer. That is called comercial script, and it’s ruining the industry, darling. But if in the end you tell me this girl who has been with the main character all the time, and it’s clearly the main female character, is not ending up with him, you’re telling me the writer of this story hasn’t been able to keep his story in line. He practically took a side character out of nowhere, and created a relationship that through the story was not even foreshadow. It’s bad writing"

I told him about Pein Arc, and her confession. he asked me to see the pages of the manga, and I showed them to him.

"But then this confession was not mention again. When you write about several characters, you have to give each of them a resolution, or else it will  be unfinished. This girls confessions was sudden, and it was not mention again, so in my experience this is just to help the character get its resolution. If to the main character, or to the main plot this confession is supposed to be a game changer, or something important, then it should have been mention again. I can see the main female is there again, and as you can see, or at least what it seems is that the girl is uncomfortable. Sometimes we have to take side characters to do things like this, so main characters can realise their own truth. And it’s use really often. You see a lot of movies about someone who doesn’t realise he or she is in love with their best friend until the best friend is with someone else. So having this confession, and the only person to acknowledge that moment is the other girl, then the confession is only important to those girls. As i told you before, the side character needs its resolution about those feelings, and the main character needs to realise some things that are link to the confession".

I explained that since then, Naruto and Hinata have a couple of moments, and I showed them to him as well.

"Okey, I can see your concern. As stories develop sometimes we create characters that we wish we would have seen more of. But as much as I watched about this character, the conclusion of every interaction they have (naruto and hinata) is the girl thinking the same thing. We never see him thinking about her, or about what she has done. In the case of the other girl (Sakura) we have both of them thinking about each other constantly. In this cases the side character (hinata) will have her own resolution thanks to the impact the main character have had on her, and the other two (sakura and naruto) are more likely to have a resolution together. You can decode this just by who they keep in their thoughts. The main character has been in love with the other girl (sakura) for the whole story, and it is constantly showed. You never get a hint that he is changing his mind, so it would not be logical for him to change his mind in the blink of an eye, and he’s the main character, he gets what he wants. In this kind of stories, he works his ass off, he gets what he wants, and the other characters learn from him"

So I asked him what about the movie and I tell him everything that is going on and he told me.

"Then it means that in the main story the writer couldn’t really find a right way to give this character her resolution, so he created the perfect situation for her to have it. If this story is linked to the main one, then it will has no sense with her ending up with the main character. By the plot of this side story, I can tell that what you will mainly see is the final impact the main character has had on her, and the writer will be able to develop her story successfully, but as I see it, and talking with my own experience, her resolution will not be ending by the side of the main character. She will go through her own personal journey, she will finally give him the scarf as a sign of that chapter of her life ending because she will know new things about herself"

"Remember that stories have to make more sense than real life. So, if you want two people to end up together, you have to constantly show how that bond gets stronger. In stories nothing just happens, so I highly doubt he will love the other girl out of nowhere, not after the writer has spend 15 years invested on the other relationship, it will be kind of crushing. Can you imagine it? Spending so much time with the one you love going through the same things, and suddenly having to forget him because someone else loves you?" 

"No, sir"

"Course I will"

So yeah, Im keeping my high hopes, or else I will be pretty disappointed. I don’t want to end up feeling disappointed.

That is brilliant, these are clearly the words of a true writer, everything he said is spot on.

Honestly tough I can't be mad if NH happens this is so poor and lazy that it can only be laughable, such awful writing will speak volumes about Kishi as a writer.

Edited by Awes9, 02 November 2014 - 05:28 AM.

#5484 ALEX SENJU

ALEX SENJU

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  • Interests:NARUSAKU(obviously),Anime,Manga,Video-games,Books,Technology, Science,Animals,plus a lot of random things.

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:27 AM

@Sakura_Haru Wow great post, totally agree with everything the professor said.  :thumb:

Edited by ALEX SENJU, 02 November 2014 - 05:29 AM.

mikasa2_zpsrd1mhs49.gif

#5485 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:30 AM

This is all happening like it did with Digimon, and it's not a good thing.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#5486 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:30 AM

"No, sir"

"Course I will"

This made me happy~ ^_^

hopefully kishi knows what he's doing.

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#5487 Raito

Raito

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Playing Football(Soccer)®

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:33 AM

Lets hope Kishi's thinking the same thing. 

Fate%2Bstay%2Bnight%2B6.gif

#5488 Kster95

Kster95

Cat Sage

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Naruto, bleach, Sword Art Online, Young Justice, Game of thrones, Legend of Korra, Cats, Heroes

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:34 AM

This is all happening like it did with Digimon, and it' not a good thing.

What happened with digimon? I keep hearing alot about it.

43iduct.jpg

#5489 Chucky-kun

Chucky-kun

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:36 AM

Dijimon was an asspull, and everyone was pissed at that... Kishi won't make the same mistake dun worry

c1a2d1a877.jpg

#5490 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:39 AM

I'm not sure myself...but I think it has something to do with Sora not choosing Taichi but the other guy instead.

When I was a kid I always assumed Sora got with Tai.....(I never saw the ending)

Edited by merryGOflava, 02 November 2014 - 05:40 AM.

#5491 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:40 AM

In the series Naruto and Sakura become a couple then in the movie they fight and fight, then they break up like Tai and Sora?

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#5492 DarkRadeon

DarkRadeon

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:41 AM

Taiora was a ship with confirmed romantic interactions but then the at the end Sorato a ship with no buildup happened.kitten was a absolute fcking disaster.It literally came out of nowhere and is even bigger asspull than NH.It was a painful moment for me along with many others as Taiora was the larges fandom too and they got trolled

Those guys were so rude they didn't even give an epilogue IIRC

Edited by DarkRadeon, 02 November 2014 - 05:42 AM.

#5493 Namikaze Sakura

Namikaze Sakura

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:44 AM

Here's a bonus question:

If the story summary actually said that Naruto is searching for love, and you have all these details you see now, what would you be feeling now?

That would have to mean that Naruto has already given up on Sakura and moved on to find a new one? 

I really couldn't imagine that. 

#5494 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:44 AM

Taiora was a ship with confirmed romantic interactions but then the at the end Sorato a ship with no buildup happened.kitten was a absolute fcking disaster.It literally came out of nowhere and is even bigger asspull than NH.It was a painful moment for me along with many others as Taiora was the larges fandom too and they got trolled

whoa....sounds intense...kinda glad I was just a kid and didn't know much about ships when that went down XD

Why did the creator of Digimon do that??? 

#5495 unhskikrforever

unhskikrforever

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:45 AM

I can't be certain of it, because the way sakura carries the torch of saying I love you whether she means it pr not really does make me believe she can dump naruto for sasuke if he were to return her feelings. It's just the way kishi has portrayed her love for sasuke and it won't be coming as surprising to people if she ever did that to naruto. It won't be to me at least but it will make me hate her very very much for sure.

And if you woldn't confess till you have feelings for the guy, then you do believe that Sakura confessing to Sasuke in 693 was because she has feelings for him. And if Sakura still treats Naruto and Sasuke as equals after all the good things Naruto has done and all the bad things Sasuke has done, I think it is pretty clear who she loves more.

Well, I guess that's how you see her. She's not like that to me.

I don't understand why everyone thinks it's a confession. I've always seen it as her saying she still loves him as a friend and as a person. Love has a lot of meanings. After all Sasuke has done, wouldn't a friend say that he/she still loves him? And it's pretty clear to me she doesn't love Sasuke in a romantic way anymore.

15f62c4.png

#5496 unhskikrforever

unhskikrforever

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:46 AM

Oooo, dayum. That would have broke my heart real bad. That's seriously a stupid move! :argh:

15f62c4.png

#5497 Kster95

Kster95

Cat Sage

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Naruto, bleach, Sword Art Online, Young Justice, Game of thrones, Legend of Korra, Cats, Heroes

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:47 AM

I loved digimon, didn't know they had ship wars. Yeah I saw Tai and sora too but for season 2 didnt Matt and Sora get interaction as well?

Digimon did get an epilouge.

43iduct.jpg

#5498 Raito

Raito

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Playing Football(Soccer)®

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:47 AM

Which translation should l be reading from now on? Mangapanda or Stream? which one is accurate?

Edited by Raito, 02 November 2014 - 05:47 AM.

Fate%2Bstay%2Bnight%2B6.gif

#5499 TsukiChan ♥

TsukiChan ♥

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Interests:Naruto <3 ;Drawing anime ; Watching anime and K-dramas; NaruSaku <3

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:48 AM

Sorry guys but I don't think kishi is going the digimon route at all..

While Sora and Tai eventually did date, from what I;m reading, Sora breaks up with Tai for his bestfriend Matt?

What convinces you that Naruto or Sakura would break up with each other after all they've been through?

tumblr_inline_ndxjyuuF571qlo98f.gif

#5500 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:49 AM

I'm not sure myself...but I think it has something to do with Sora not choosing Taichi but the other guy instead.

When I was a kid I always assumed Sora got with Tai.....(I never saw the ending)

exactly, plus what they did with the triangle with hikari, daisuke, and takeru, having hikari getting together with neither supposedly. I wasn't involved in the wars either, I was like you, and then I'm like "why does everyone hate daisuke so much? he's sorta like naruto 0.0" I think naruto is the first fandom I got really involved with. and I've watched countless anime, movies, tv shows, everything xD

@darkradeon that might be rectified possibly, did you hear the news? they are making a digimon adventure 03, it comes in 2015, its about taichi in his high school days EDIT: here hold on:

Edited by ultranx, 02 November 2014 - 05:56 AM.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users