#41 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Jan 4 2010, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...Naruto went 1 tail on him...and if he would have connected his rasengan with Sasuke chidori, Sasuke might have been blown away, while the Fox would have healed Naruto's arm, and any other injury.

But...Naruto has a heart...and i don't think he wanted to seriously harm Sasuke.

Exactly my point Naruto didn't wanted to kill Sasuke that's why he hold back on him. He wanted to bring him back to Konoha alive and in one piece. wink.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#42 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:30 PM

Graven, what omake is your ava from?

#43 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jan 5 2010, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The problem with Sasuke is that he doesn't have a high level of chakra unlike Naruto. Yes he's strong and he has strong techniques but the problem that he lacks the stamina and the chakra. If he uses techniques like Amaterasu and Susano that require lots of chakra to perform he will be weaken and wear out by using those techniques he will be left defenseless and open for an attack. This is exactly why Naruto will win over him he has more chakra than Sasuke as well as stamina its not a matter of strength and power its about endurance and Naruto has that. I think everyone agrees with me that the reason Sasuke won over Naruto at the valley of the end its because Naruto was holding back on him. I'm pretty sure Naruto would have won if he would have used his whole strength. cool.gif

Yeah it was obvous to anyone who paid attention to the whole fight that Naruto hesitated at the last moment, Before the fight began Sasuke told Naruto that he wouldn't be able to even lay a scratch on his headband , that was the difference in their skill levels, but at the end even though it looked like the two Jutsu's met head on, the fact Naruto scratched the Headband suggests he changed the direction of his Rasengan to avoid hitting Sasuke's heart and killing him. I think Sasuke knows this as well, from his reaction after his forhead protector fell off when he was leaning over him.

The only fight I remember Sasuke winning was in the prelim rounds of the Chunin Exams, when he used Lee's move. oh and against one of the Demon brothers.

Edited by harry4e, 05 January 2010 - 07:48 PM.

iAnby7W.gif

#44 kyuubi29

kyuubi29

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:43 PM

just a quick question are we expecting a chapter coming out this week?

#45 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (kyuubi29 @ Jan 5 2010, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just a quick question are we expecting a chapter coming out this week?

Nope. It's next week.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#46 kyuubi29

kyuubi29

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:48 PM

DAMN it! well chapter 478 better be worth the freakin wait because this will drive me crazy for the next week without spoilers

#47 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:23 AM

This thread really doesn't have much to do with predictions anymore, does it laugh.gif

Lord knows what Kishi is going to pull out of his hat. Whenever people try and predict, they are way off, 'cause Kishi is actually pretty unpredictable; I can tell you, I didn't see this current situation coming from a mile away. But all I can say is, there are lots of issues that haven't yet been resolved. (I notice Kurenai hasn't had her baby yet. Is she going to be like Bonnie from Family Guy? Pregnant for 10 years?)

Anyways, I wonder, besides Sasuke's "fight" (because we all know they're never really quite fights) what is the highest priority? Naruto's out cold, Sakura is heading to what others think as her death, Sai might be up to something... Actually, I think Sai might play an even bigger role soon.

I don't know. I'm just rambling now, but there's so much to think about. So much going on, which I guess means the story is reaching its climax, but then again, I thought the story was reaching its climax 200 ch.'s ago. laugh.gif

#48 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE (Froot @ Jan 6 2010, 04:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This thread really doesn't have much to do with predictions anymore, does it laugh.gif

Lord knows what Kishi is going to pull out of his hat. Whenever people try and predict, they are way off, 'cause Kishi is actually pretty unpredictable; I can tell you, I didn't see this current situation coming from a mile away. But all I can say is, there are lots of issues that haven't yet been resolved. (I notice Kurenai hasn't had her baby yet. Is she going to be like Bonnie from Family Guy? Pregnant for 10 years?)

Anyways, I wonder, besides Sasuke's "fight" (because we all know they're never really quite fights) what is the highest priority? Naruto's out cold, Sakura is heading to what others think as her death, Sai might be up to something... Actually, I think Sai might play an even bigger role soon.

I don't know. I'm just rambling now, but there's so much to think about. So much going on, which I guess means the story is reaching its climax, but then again, I thought the story was reaching its climax 200 ch.'s ago. laugh.gif

The Madara arc is reaching its climax...not the story xD

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#49 Froot

Froot

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:50 PM

I just don't know anymore.

But I thought since right now Madara is pretty much the main antagonist and his intentions have been revealed and he's close to being confronted, this was the story's climactic arc?

Edited by Froot, 06 January 2010 - 01:51 PM.

#50 Hak

Hak

Turmion kätilö

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (Froot @ Jan 6 2010, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just don't know anymore.

But I thought since right now Madara is pretty much the main antagonist and his intentions have been revealed and he's close to being confronted, this was the story's climactic arc?

I'd say this was just the calm wind or bad omen, before the hell, where Madara pushes things toward his goals.
Trust me, I'm an engineer!

#51 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (Froot @ Jan 6 2010, 07:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I still think that Madara is penultimate arc, and that Naruto/Sasuke (with a dash of Naruto/Sakura) is the final arc.
Mizura (of the awesome manifesto) did an analysis of Naruto storytelling a while ago. Pointed out that in each arc, the villain was introduced within the first 3 chapters, even if it wasn't obvious yet that the person would be the main villain. While Kishimoto doesn't have to follow this form, it seems meaningful that Sasuke and Sakura were introduced in chapter 3 of the entire manga.

Madara arc will probably be more physical (things blown up real good), but Sasuke/Sakura would end the manga on an emotional high, which I think would be more satisfying.

#52 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:13 PM

I'm partially expecting a Darth Vader-ish moment from Sasuke.

No, not the 'I'm you're father' one.

He'll do something to save Naruto or someone from Madara, getting redeemed in the process, but whatever he does kills him. It seems fitting, after all he's done.

Would perhaps be a bit cliche, though. Nearly everything these days has been done before, so... I wonder if Kishi can pull off something original.

#53 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jan 5 2010, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nope. It's next week.

WHAT???!!! th_confused0089.gif Are you saying we have to wait another week for 478 to be release???!!! err.gif arg.gif nnnnnnnnnooooooooooooo!!! arg.gif this makes me upset argh1.png wallbash.gif that means we have to wait two weeks for the chapter to be release Kishi is really torturing us with the cliffhanger he left at 477 with itachi appearing next to Danzo.

This makes me blowup.gif whoa looks like I've over reacted but I'm cool no problem another week without manga I can wait wink.gif a_thumbs.gif

As for freakazoid's question I don't know which omake I got my ava it must be from the middle episodes probably from the fire temple filler arc. huh.gif

Edited by Gravenimage, 06 January 2010 - 04:11 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#54 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jan 6 2010, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WHAT???!!! th_confused0089.gif Are you saying we have to wait another week for 478 to be release???!!! err.gif arg.gif nnnnnnnnnooooooooooooo!!! arg.gif this makes me upset argh1.png wallbash.gif that means we have to wait two weeks for the chapter to be release Kishi is really torturing us with the cliffhanger he left at 477 with itachi appearing next to Danzo.

This makes me blowup.gif whoa looks like I've over reacted but I'm cool no problem another week without manga I can wait wink.gif a_thumbs.gif

As for freakazoid's question I don't know which omake I got my ava it must be from the middle episodes probably from the fire temple filler arc. huh.gif

Yeah...be prepared to be disappointed xD

Edited by Strangelove, 06 January 2010 - 06:04 PM.

#55 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:12 PM

Wait so we have no Manga this week either? So they are taking a two week break? That doesn't happen often, I know last week we got no Manga because of new years break, bu how come no manga this week?

iAnby7W.gif

#56 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Jan 6 2010, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait so we have no Manga this week either? So they are taking a two week break? That doesn't happen often, I know last week we got no Manga because of new years break, bu how come no manga this week?

Its supposed to be a long break, period. They still on winter break.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#57 Froot

Froot

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:35 PM

I doubt this is the last arc. Unless all the Naruto/Sakura/Sasuke is resolved in this arc. This arc's still fairly new, (I think? Didn't the last arc end recently? The Kage arc?)

I agree with RedDelicious, though, that this might be the penultimate arc. Lots of issues have been adressed in the last 3 or so arcs, lots of important issues.

#58 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Jan 6 2010, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Two week break. It's their longest holiday season, from Amaterasu's Day, what Wiccans and most other modern pagans call Yule and what is generally called in the west the Winter Solistice- December 21-January 3- end of Shogatsu. The New Years holiday is the most important holiday in Japan, like Christmas and Thanksgiving put together in the US, buisnesses close early on December 31 and don't reopen until January 4th. People generally spend the holidays with their friends and family. From the 21st-25th is more for friends and romance (Christmas Eve marriage proposals are almost cliche in modern Japan...) Then from the 26th-3rd it's family time, like we Americans do for Thanksgiving and Christmas people journey to a family members home for that part of the holiday. Chances are Kishimoto wasn't even in Tokyo during that time, but at his parents home. People head back on the 3rd of January- so like the Sunday after Thanksgiving in the US, roads, trains and planes in Japan are especially overcrowded on that day.

Edited by ciardha, 06 January 2010 - 09:45 PM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#59 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:18 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jan 6 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Two week break. It's their longest holiday season, from Amaterasu's Day, what Wiccans and most other modern pagans call Yule and what is generally called in the west the Winter Solistice- December 21-January 3- end of Shogatsu. The New Years holiday is the most important holiday in Japan, like Christmas and Thanksgiving put together in the US, buisnesses close early on December 31 and don't reopen until January 4th. People generally spend the holidays with their friends and family. From the 21st-25th is more for friends and romance (Christmas Eve marriage proposals are almost cliche in modern Japan...) Then from the 26th-3rd it's family time, like we Americans do for Thanksgiving and Christmas people journey to a family members home for that part of the holiday. Chances are Kishimoto wasn't even in Tokyo during that time, but at his parents home. People head back on the 3rd of January- so like the Sunday after Thanksgiving in the US, roads, trains and planes in Japan are especially overcrowded on that day.

Well...it better be a 40 page chapter, fill with Naruto stuff

cuz i don't think i want to see Sasuke face anymore lol.

#60 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:09 AM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Jan 11 2010, 12:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well...it better be a 40 page chapter, fill with Naruto stuff

cuz i don't think i want to see Sasuke face anymore lol.

Considering what's been going on in the manga lately I'm not sure I want to see Naruto either.
bd5.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users