Close
Photo

Popularity of Naruto in Japan since ending?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Master_Naruto

Master_Naruto

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:52 PM

Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've checked things out here! Does anyone know how the fandom in Japan is taking the NH ending? Also is the anime still popular? because I kind of hope its failing lol. Don't be hating. Also I heard there were revolts and stuff at the expos. I could be wrong though, does anyone want to fill me in?!

Edited by Master_Naruto, 17 March 2015 - 09:52 PM.

Naruto%2BGif%2BRun%2Baway%2BHInata%2BCreRUN NARUTO!!!!

#2 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:25 PM

Well if it makes you feel better, merchandise sails for Naruto has been failing. The final volume also sold poorly as well. And the views for the Naruto anime have been piss poor. The animation quality has dropped due to the budget of the film

#3 Master_Naruto

Master_Naruto

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:35 PM

Good to know. Do you think the anime will get cancelled?

Naruto%2BGif%2BRun%2Baway%2BHInata%2BCreRUN NARUTO!!!!

#4 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:47 PM

I don't think the anime will get cancel. Since naruto already end and the popularity doesn't really that bad to allow it to get cancelled.

#5 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:48 PM

Maybe. Only time will tell. They're doing a filler arc right now.

#6 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:46 AM

Decadent  :pimp:

dumbo-pink-elephants-on-parade1.gif?w=50

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#7 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 03:07 PM

They had a chance to make this manga rememberable...now it is just forgettable...and soon it will become an old cliche, after that boring cringe comedy, and then internet obscurity.

To be honest I don't even remember the manga that much anyways. Was Madara some kind of food thing?

Edited by Strangelove, 18 March 2015 - 03:10 PM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#8 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:25 PM

Maybe. Only time will tell. They're doing a filler arc right now.

That tells you all you need to know, dispite no longer needing to make fillers and just use source material to get to the end SP are intent on milking every penny out of this franchise, just cut the budget in half and keep stretching the show uptil nobody cares anymore. I hope other SWJ mangaka's are clenching their butts tightly, because SP is going to be in the market for another victim to destroy very soon.

iAnby7W.gif

#9 Catwho

Catwho

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 02:41 PM

They'll cancel the anime if toy sales and viewership drop to a certain low point.  Anime like Naruto exist for one reason: Advertisement.  Advertisement for Naruto products, and commercial space.  

If they're not getting the eyeballs on the cartoon to justify the time slot any more, they'll kill it.

Read my stuff! Some of the stories are even finished! Catwho on Fanfiction.net
I also now have a Tumblr like thing:  http://tprara.tumblr.com/

#10 Catwho

Catwho

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 04:17 PM

Hasn't stopped them from cancelling popular shows before.  We call those shows "FYGRTM - f*** you, go read the manga."  Sometimes it's because there's not enough material to keep going, other times it's because of a falling out between the manga artist and the anime studio (Kare Kano being the most famous example of that), but quite often it's because they don't think the show is making enough money.  

They'll finish out the season, wrap up the story somehow, and call it done.  If you are lucky, they'll resume the series in a few years when more material is out (Full Metal Panic!) and if you are very very lucky, they'll redo the series entirely (FMA Brotherhood.)  

But most of the time, they stop at the end of the season, mid-story, and just never resume, because they won't recoup the production cost via advertising or toy sales. 

In the case of Naruto, it's clearly still got enough of an audience to justify making more filler. 

Some other examples:  http://www.dramafeve...he-manga-ended/

Read my stuff! Some of the stories are even finished! Catwho on Fanfiction.net
I also now have a Tumblr like thing:  http://tprara.tumblr.com/

#11 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 01:12 PM

Hasn't stopped them from cancelling popular shows before.  We call those shows "FYGRTM - f*** you, go read the manga."  Sometimes it's because there's not enough material to keep going, other times it's because of a falling out between the manga artist and the anime studio (Kare Kano being the most famous example of that), but quite often it's because they don't think the show is making enough money.  

They'll finish out the season, wrap up the story somehow, and call it done.  If you are lucky, they'll resume the series in a few years when more material is out (Full Metal Panic!) and if you are very very lucky, they'll redo the series entirely (FMA Brotherhood.)  

But most of the time, they stop at the end of the season, mid-story, and just never resume, because they won't recoup the production cost via advertising or toy sales. 

In the case of Naruto, it's clearly still got enough of an audience to justify making more filler. 

Some other examples:  http://www.dramafeve...he-manga-ended/

Wow- interesting list! Shame they didn't add a footnote to FMA that FMA:B actually did it right.

#12 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:45 PM

Well there was a Naruto booth recently that almost NO ONE went to if that is any indication.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#13 EmperorZeo

EmperorZeo

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 01:14 AM

Well there was a Naruto booth recently that almost NO ONE went to if that is any indication.

I only saw one picture. Are there more available?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users