6 replies to this topic

#1 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

So I was wondering about the parallel drawn with Naruto and Hashirama, plus Sasuke and Madara. Orochimaru is saying Sasuke will become Stronger than Madara, while Tobirama stated that Naruto reminds him of his brother, which may or may not indicate Naruto surpassing Hashirama's strength too as the he (Tobirama) said Naruto will become a Hokage greater than Hashirama. Is it a bit unrealistic? I'd say so, cause with all the s*** that Kishi pulled with Hashirama and Madara in regards to their power, I'd say Naruto and Sasuke have worlds to measure up to. Then there's the fact that even if it was plausible, it such a thing will probably take away focus of other characters that we like if Naruto continues on like that, just as Dragon Ball did during the Z arcs. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this whether Naruto and Sasuke surpassing their predecessors is a good or bad thing.    

Edited by Phantom_999, 08 October 2013 - 04:26 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#2 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

At this point, it's kind of a "why not" scenario. Naruto and Sasuke are already ridiculously overpowered (in my humble opinion) so why not keep it up? The powerups are, unfortunately, unlikely to stop, so I won't be surprised but you're right in saying they have a long way to go.

#3 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:12 PM

^Yeah, why not - at least in terms of power.

But if you're taliking about what Hashirama did for/to the world, that's where Naruto and Sasuke needs to surpass them.

ナルサク

#4 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

^Yeah, why not - at least in terms of power.

But if you're taliking about what Hashirama did for/to the world, that's where Naruto and Sasuke needs to surpass them.

And that's what I truly hope Kishi will end up putting the focus on. I really couldn't care less whether Sasuke and Naruto surpass their predecessors (Hashirama and Madara) in 'God Status'.

Edited by BakeNeko-Chan, 08 October 2013 - 06:17 PM.

#5 narusakuforlife1667

narusakuforlife1667

Kaneki Ken did nothing wrong!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Interests:-My bae Blake is my interest if you know what I mean
    -NaruSaku are my babies they deserve to be together and have many children together because they deserve it
    -EreMika *.*/
    -Madoka Magica will forever be my top 10 anime

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:52 PM

I guess kisi does exaggerates with all the power ups he gives Naruto when we all think Naruto is done with all his powering up theres another one I understand its cool but sometimes all those power ups are ridiculous im not saying I don't like them though :sleepy:

http://glimmeringsky1890.tumblr.com

Also if you want visit my fanfiction account

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5372808

#6 Question22

Question22

TNJ master

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Interests:Love to read manga , like to read fanfictions too

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

Why not parallel them? they're like super op saiyans? xD

Our ship has maybe sank but our memories of debate , struggling , defending ... will stay in our hearths

-Question22

#7 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

There was one quality about Hashirama that stood out to me besides the glaring power discrepancy. It's that he handled Sasuke in a different manner - he took a different approach to reason with him. Naruto was always trying to appeal to his sense of decency and suppressed emotions, hoping that they're memories together would somehow rekindle the spark of humanity which Sasuke extinguished. It didn't address the root cause for Sasuke's aggressive state of mind. From Sasuke's perspective, Naruto might have come off as a naive child, oblivious to the circumstances of what made him what he was.

Sasuke's fury intensified when he interpreted the happy expressions of the Rookies in his mind as being symbols of ignorance and complacency. That right there should have been an indication that it was more than just severed relationships and a lust for power that made Sasuke resent Konoha. 

On the other hand, Hashirama had the knowledge and the willingness to communicate with Sasuke regarding his grievances and questions. Unlike Naruto, he didn't have a one-track mind and he openly admitted that the harsh realities which Sasuke begrudged the village for having were true (at least somewhat). He thoroughly explained everything which Sasuke wanted to know while maintaining an impartial tone. Hashirama didn't come across as arrogant or selfish with a holier-than-thou attitude which arguably Naruto might have. I believe that it was because of the fact that this man, a Senju, was able and willing to confront an Uchiha about the injustices they believed they suffered and admit to the mistrust and bias that existed in the village, is what really persuaded Sasuke to follow in Itachi's footsteps (in his own mind). It wasn't brushed aside or hand waved with an indefinite "I understand why you did it" remark in the hopes that he would simply come frolicking back to Konoha. 

That's why I have much more respect for Hashirama as an Hokage and as a voice of reason than Naruto.  He actually knows what to say and has the finesse to properly acknowledge when a wrongdoing has been committed, whereas Naruto just stutters and provides one of his several ambiguously worded retorts without much understanding of the depth that it holds or how he is supposed to reach that objective. "Because that's my ninja way" or "I'm going to believe in what Jiraiya believed in me". He's just blindly riding on what he says, hoping that it will all turn out for the better in the end. 

Say what you will about Hashirama's pitiful display during the first Kage summit, but at least he had an actual plan for trying to enact peace by allowing the five nations to maintain an equal balance of power through the bijuu. 

Edited by Atheck, 19 October 2013 - 10:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users