1002 replies to this topic

#961 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:37 PM

Yep this is an awesome night, 3 korra episodes tonight!

This is a moment when I should cheer saying I'm happy I live on the east coast of the U.S. :chuckle:

4! : D The finale is two episodes.

I'll watch it online saturday morning :P With chocolate, it was on sale <3

ナルサク

#962 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:15 PM

yeah getting 10,000 reblogs was way to easy btw if anyone cares i met janet varney again she joined this campaign called the apocalypse a few months ago to help raise money for there movie i even made a video with my phone showing her performance 

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#963 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:22 AM

I'm watching the episodes night of 1000 stars right now, the next is harmonic convergence.

I will say this, where this season was going pretty slow, this one episode puts everything into great motion, it goes from slow to epic and I cannot believe this is all in one night.

Edited by Inferno180, 16 November 2013 - 01:31 AM.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#964 Kster95

Kster95

Cat Sage

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Naruto, bleach, Sword Art Online, Young Justice, Game of thrones, Legend of Korra, Cats, Heroes

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:05 AM

Tonights episodes were great, I have seen some stuff on tumnlr saying the finale is going to be on nick.com at midnight.

43iduct.jpg

#965 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:06 AM

I'm watching the episodes night of 1000 stars right now, the next is harmonic convergence.

I will say this, where this season was going pretty slow, this one episode puts everything into great motion, it goes from slow to epic and I cannot believe this is all in one night.

Did you here about the finale for this season is going to air online tonight at 12:00am eastern time?

http://avataraang.tu...ream-masterpost

#966 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:25 AM

janet varney's voice when she was in the avatar state pure epicness i hope she does more voice roles in the future these episodes delivered i think what everyone wanted character development for mako bolin and bumi

#967 Kster95

Kster95

Cat Sage

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Naruto, bleach, Sword Art Online, Young Justice, Game of thrones, Legend of Korra, Cats, Heroes

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:56 AM

All 4 episodes are on nick now. 

Just amazing. Book 2  was awesome, but some questions are raised? 

Edited by Kster95, 16 November 2013 - 05:52 AM.

43iduct.jpg

#968 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:22 AM

Okay the finale was good, I liked it. While it was a nice one this left some good and bad things for a finale but it left some perplexing moments and well it had its good, bad, funny, and ugly parts.

The Good

The Bad

The ugly

All in all, while this was a decent season, it had its high points and low points, Verrick was a funny guy, a new era begins, just wonder what the writers will do from this point forward and how will season 3 go, ultimately how will season 4 come out when Korra's journey ends. Her series is stated for 51 episodes. 13 coming next season. With a new arc and new story, I hope we see more varirity this time. Well, heres to next fall. Lets see what lies in wait for Korra, Mako, Tenzin, and so on next year.

#969 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:22 AM

they still think its another zutara huh how funny well i don't they will get back together down the road but moving on from that i really enjoyed her and tenzin's character growth the bond between master and student was repaired i also liked the epic fight between her and unalaq that battle was truly awesome i also liked how jinora stepped in to help out and the team work with mako bolin desna and eska

#970 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:35 PM

Well as I said, avatar makes the romance just too obvious, even at the end of season 1, it was only the start of the series. Just cause Mako and Korra were together at the end of the first season didnt mean smooth sailing for another 3.

Pairing fans will be crying but this is why I choose not to ship anything in avatar, its just too obvious and maybe a bigger bloodbath than Naruto. Even then, the way it was ended, it obviously leaves both the possibly of them going back together again once more mature or its a done deal and makorra is dead in the dirt. The way they did this is so that its left those shipping makorra, just obviously it has a future or it doesn't even with the ending this season. At this point, even if it does come back I honestly would not be surprised. Mako and Korra have had impacts on each other and the writers have used fluctuating relationships many times even in the last airbender series. Theres no suprise that something would come up again between Mako and Korra, but the extent of it being done or not is something left waiting to be revealed. Otherwise the writers are just obviously going to stick Mako with Asaumi, just having a spare one right then and there, ya know, too convinent? Least this alt setup has had development unlike NH in Naruto. Where ATLA was more direct with love, the writers are outright tormenting the poor pairing fans with this one. I mean sheesh, it was obvious this season there would be issues between Mako and Korra, but the nature of the writers and just having another pairing for Mako, its just too obvious, either Mako-Korra resurfaces later when they are more mature or they have a shared conflict again like the equalists or its just going to be Mako-Asaumi. Both of these vary however when other new characters come in.

But this is why I don't ship anything in avatar, its too obvious and its just a web of torment, people think Naruto pairing is intense? The manga team in naruto doesn't go out of their way to do stuff like the avatar team does, in naruto the anime and spin-off/other media teams do but that is just filler, hell thats why the avatar writers took potshots at the Zutara crowd in the ember island players. Maybe the end of Makorra this season was just in spirit again them hating zutara? As I said, either Makorra comes back later or its just Mako and Asaumi. The writers make this too obvious but they arn't going to go the full simple open route way either, obviously Mako-Asaumi cannot just happen and should have its own issues as plots move on, but seriously, the base point is the avatar writers really stink at trying to keep love suspenseful, its wide open and either something happens or it doesn't.

Seriously, unlike Naruto's wiki or pairings wiki, the avatar wiki actually has a page dedicated to shipping. While it seems peaceful, there is a lot of blood underneath all that text.

#971 Enkai

Enkai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:I like watching anime, reading manga, and watching TV shows.
    I also enjoy watching/playing football(soccer) and playing video games. I like coding and software development too, as well as having a interest in technology. Oh how can I forget drawing! Although I don't really do it as much now, used to love it as a kid.

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:01 PM

Overall the second half of Book 2 has saved this entire series. At least that's what I think since before it was an okay series but not as good as ATLA but now it is on track to be as good if not better. I really am happy that they fixed Korra since before this she wasn't much of an Avatar well not a good one, however now she is really good and worthy of having the Avatar title. So long as they keep developing Korra and the rest of Team Avatar, book 3 and 4 will be really good if not amazing. 

Ep 11-14 thoughts

10wnpqp.jpg

#972 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:20 PM

Just saw watched the finale.

Let me start by saying I despise the Nick.com video player. Almost every minute the video would have to buffer. I watch hour long videos all the time on YouTube and never have an issue, but watching a 20 minute video on Nick.com gave me trouble all the time. So frustrating.

Anyways, that was a good way to end the season, I enjoyed the final battle, the animation was flawless. The writers seem to have improved the series, mainly a lot of the issues people were having with it, over time, which was also nice. I still have problems with this season and the series overall, but this was pretty good.

I don't know about living with the spirits, though. It will be all fine and good until that giant spider comes into the living world and starts throwing it's web at people :unsure:.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#973 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:31 PM

I didn't see the finale yet, but regarding episodes 11 and 12: In the first season I kind of liked Bolin, even though he was lacking in development, but I have to say he's kind of getting on my nerves, I don't know why but I'm just not liking him at all. And, Mako... just Mako, Korra comes back and can't remember their fight and rather than telling her the truth he just plays it off as if it wasn't a big deal, and completely throws Asami to the wayside. :glare: Poor girl just keeps on getting used. On a side note, Bumi reminds me very nostalgically of Sokka, and while Verrick may be a 'bad guy', I love him, he's hilariously eccentric and devious and he always seems to steal the show when he's around.

#974 Enkai

Enkai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:I like watching anime, reading manga, and watching TV shows.
    I also enjoy watching/playing football(soccer) and playing video games. I like coding and software development too, as well as having a interest in technology. Oh how can I forget drawing! Although I don't really do it as much now, used to love it as a kid.

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:15 PM

Just saw watched the finale.

Let me start by saying I despise the Nick.com video player. Almost every minute the video would have to buffer. I watch hour long videos all the time on YouTube and never have an issue, but watching a 20 minute video on Nick.com gave me trouble all the time. So frustrating.

Anyways, that was a good way to end the season, I enjoyed the final battle, the animation was flawless. The writers seem to have improved the series, mainly a lot of the issues people were having with it, over time, which was also nice. I still have problems with this season and the series overall, but this was pretty good.

I don't know about living with the spirits, though. It will be all fine and good until that giant spider comes into the living world and starts throwing it's web at people :unsure:.

I watched it on another site since it had it up really early but yeah I haven't used Nick.com video player but since it had problems for you I recommend to check out anime4fun as they have very good quality video and I had no problem with buffering.

10wnpqp.jpg

#975 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:53 PM

First of all, I overall enjoyed it. Janet Varney, Korra's voice actor is officially my favourite. And I love Korra with her hair down.

Bumi, Sokka and Bolin

Lin and Varrick

Asami, and the romance

It all ended too fast though. The final battle reminded me of Ozai vs. Aang, and Giant Korra got me back to Aang's sea-spirit-monster in season one. The fight should've been a bit shorter and left more conclusion to the characters. It left me clueless of some parts, but I suppose that will draw me to book 3. Clever, Bryke. Korraspirit.tumblr.com/watch has all the episodes. I'll stick with her now that avatarchapters.tv is shut down.

The stake..

Edited by sushi., 16 November 2013 - 09:04 PM.

ナルサク

#976 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:06 PM

I'll review it today but the idea of the title series is beginning to make sense when you truly think about it.

#977 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:19 PM

Yeah^I can see why this is "The legend of Korra" now.

So I wonder if Varrick escaped prison? Or if he was recaptured, if they'll reintroduce him and all.

The next season will have an earth plot. Hopefully they'll introduce the Earth queen. :yes:

ナルサク

#978 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:34 PM

Yeah^I can see why this is "The legend of Korra" now.

So I wonder if Varrick escaped prison? Or if he was recaptured, if they'll reintroduce him and all.

The next season will have an earth plot. Hopefully they'll introduce the Earth queen. :yes:

Varrick escaped and I think we can expect him to return. This season has more opening than last season. Then again, season 1 is like a prologue when you think about it. Season 1 left nothing open. Here, it does as well as what's next in the new lifestyle.

It's worth noting in a way at least to me is how can they top this in term of scale. Dark Avatar is like equivalent to Rikudou Sennin Obito. It somewhat makes me wonder.

#979 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:45 PM

First of all, I overall enjoyed it. Janet Varney, Korra's voice actor is officially my favourite. And I love Korra with her hair down.

Bumi, Sokka and Bolin

Lin and Varrick

Asami, and the romance

It all ended too fast though. The final battle reminded me of Ozai vs. Aang, and Giant Korra got me back to Aang's sea-spirit-monster in season one. The fight should've been a bit shorter and left more conclusion to the characters. It left me clueless of some parts, but I suppose that will draw me to book 3. Clever, Bryke. Korraspirit.tumblr.com/watch has all the episodes. I'll stick with her now that avatarchapters.tv is shut down.

The stake..

yeah janet fits korra perfectly and korra is her first voice over role to

#980 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:58 PM

Wow so much happened in these four finally episodes I think I might just like them more the the Sozin's comment final, have to think about that though. Watching just about 4 episodes of Korra together has me convinced you need to see alot together like with the Naruto chapters to get the full impact and enjoyment.

Anyway so much nostalgia Iroh, Aang and even Zhao, I guess he got a fitting punishment for what he did with the spirits.

Bolin was back I knew we had to wait for the good part for him to come.

Varrick still love him, I wonder if we will see him again though as a good guy or bad?

Wow Ign reviewer was right on the Dark Avatar thing, loved every minute of the fights.

Man I don't want Korra's connection with the other Avatars to go away I want to see her and Aang talk more, but I guess it would be interesting to see how she would solve problems with asking for advice from her past life.

Nice to see Aang give Tenzin some advice, kinda of wish all the his kids could see him but oh well.

Knew the Twins would turn good.

Well I'm done with shipping in the world of Avatar except Kataang, then again I didn't really care much for pairs in the legend of Korra. Man the writters know how to tease the Pairing fandoms, it defiantly gonna be worse than Naruto now. I must admit I did like how they ended the Bolin and Ezsaka pair even though I didn't see it coming. for Makorra I have no idea if it's truly the end, but I guess I have to watch and see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users