Close
Photo

What got you hooked to fanfiction?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#21 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

Just your friendly, neighborhood zombie hunter.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:37 PM

What got me hooked to fanfiction? Gotta be when I was starting to read Ranma 1/2 manga back in 98 I think. Happening to come across some Ranma fanfic. The fic "Hearts of Ice" got me started reading more fanfic because it was never finished until just a couple of years ago. But yeah, thats what got me hooked.

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

#22 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (Burning_Wulf @ Apr 3 2011, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The fic "Hearts of Ice" got me started reading more fanfic because it was never finished until just a couple of years ago. But yeah, thats what got me hooked.

*eyes boggle* It was finally finished! O.O

And zomg, you read that story back in the day too! That story is still a classic to me to this day. One of the first truly great epic fanfics I ever read! happy.gif

#23 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

Just your friendly, neighborhood zombie hunter.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:47 PM

Yeah, I was dissappointed for a long time because it was never originally finished. Got curious about a year or so ago about it and found it finished. Check FF.net for it.

Edited by Burning_Wulf, 03 April 2011 - 06:49 PM.

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

#24 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (Burning_Wulf @ Apr 3 2011, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Check FF.net for it.

Will do, thanks! a_thumbs.gif

#25 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Apr 3 2011, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will do, thanks! a_thumbs.gif

*budges into convo*
I finished it on the site itself ^^

#26 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (Burning_Wulf @ Apr 3 2011, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I was dissappointed for a long time because it was never originally finished. Got curious about a year or so ago about it and found it finished. Check FF.net for it.

Same here for me. I had actually given up all hope that this story would ever be finished, and actually forgot about it for the longest time, so this is quite a pleasant surprise you've given me that the story is actually complete ^^

And lol wow, I've actually stumbled across the original website I believe I first started reading this epic tale happy.gif

http://www.akane.org...rtsofice/story/

Edit - LOL, I just saw your post, Kushina. Great minds think alike! a_thumbs.gif

111191.gif @ Kushina and BW, two fellow readers of this awesome story~

Edited by Sakura Blossoms, 03 April 2011 - 08:56 PM.

#27 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Apr 3 2011, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Same here for me. I had actually given up all hope that this story would ever be finished, and actually forgot about it for the longest time, so this is quite a pleasant surprise you've given me that the story is actually complete ^^

And lol wow, I've actually stumbled across the original website I believe I first started reading this epic tale happy.gif

http://www.akane.org...rtsofice/story/

Edit - LOL, I just saw your post, Kushina. Great minds think alike! a_thumbs.gif

111191.gif @ Kushina and BW, two fellow readers of this awesome story~

111191.gif

I know, I was so overwhelmed with nostalgia when I found it again! I'd thought it might have disappeared into the abyss of the internet or something.

#28 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 04 April 2011 - 01:50 AM

What got me hooked. Was that I was on google and i was looking up stuff for my favorite tv shows and I found a fanfiction.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#29 Yoshimoya

Yoshimoya

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:animeee :D manga :D tennis :D life :D

Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:04 AM

Awesome authors portraying the dynamics and love between Naruto and Sakura. It's just a great feeling and overall satisfying to see the two characters portrayed well in various situations and predicaments. Then the author delivering the confession or lemon or their first kiss xD. It's like a similar feeling to what I would feel if it were to finally happen in the manga! Sometimes even better! So Naruto and Sakura fics, and the awesome romantics really got me hooked on to fanfiction. I read ANYTHING Romance and NaruSaku. Everyday I'm on fanfiction.net :]

^Adam Couple. KPOP couple <3 google them! They're like an anime couple I swear to God. Watch their show. PM me for link :]

#30 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:27 AM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Apr 3 2011, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm glad I was still an innocent kid back when I was fanboying on GW. So I didn't "stumble" on the dark side. And I think I'm particularly blessed that I NEVER discovered GW yaoi back then. biggrin.gif (otherwise I would've been mind raped by then)

DuoxHilde all the way damn it!!!! 111193.gif

I read fanfiction for the first time on dA. And then I went on NF and looked up a ShikaTema doujin on the SxT FC. That was how I got introduced to ff.net

I was fortunate. I learned of it and what it mean through non-NC17 fics and not images like Kodachi did.

And, sorry, dood. I enjoyed DuoxRelena (and Heero/Hilde) more. In part because of a fic that I enjoyed so much that it's still one of my favorites.

#31 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 02 August 2011 - 04:52 PM

Bump, well while looking at deviantarts for some random narusaku doujins since I found the "dreams come true" one, I found this well written valentine fanfic where Naruto was doing everything he could to make sure that Sakura would have a better day (a locket, getting an apartment for her and paying first month's rent). From that point on, if I could find anything on that level, then I would be satisfy with it. Months later, and after reading numerous fictions, there were plenty that was on that level.

Edited by anguyen92, 02 August 2011 - 04:52 PM.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#32 Yoshimoya

Yoshimoya

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:animeee :D manga :D tennis :D life :D

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (Kim @ Aug 2 2011, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hm... Well I was a perverted teenager obsessed with the Inuyasha anime and I started researching about my favorite couple on google when I came across fanficion.net and adultfanfiction.net. The whole term fanfiction was new to me so I read some to see what it was about. That's when I read my first M-rated fic... and what can I say? I immediately wanted to read more. drooling.gif biggrin.gif I only read M-rated fics back then but when I ran out of those I figured out other ratings weren't bad, either.
So yeah, that's how it started. Now every time I get hooked on some anime, maga, book or show pairing, I go straight to fanfiction.net. biggrin.gif

LMFAO. I was too embarrassed to mention the rated-M fics. I love those too ahahahah and it made me want to read more. Some were pretty intense especially the NaruSaku ones! O.O

^Adam Couple. KPOP couple <3 google them! They're like an anime couple I swear to God. Watch their show. PM me for link :]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users