290 replies to this topic

#21 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:58 AM

Well @James It's not about genre savvy. It was a bloody bare foot. I wonder who can it be? Could it be Hinata? Could it be Jiraiya? Could it be Santa Claus? Or could it be Thing from Addams Family? Oh wait Thing is a walking hand. Seriously Kabuto was the only bare foot guy that made sense. And yes it does look like Kabuto is sticking is junk in Sasuke. Everyone loves Sasuke. They just cannot get enough of him.

Edited by Nostradamus, 05 March 2014 - 06:59 AM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#22 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:00 AM

I liked the joke and somewhat reference to DBZ.

So Guy will sacrifice himself for nothing really , since it is certain he won't be the one to kill Madara , even with using the 8th gate . Though Madara seems to know about the taijutsu gates and does not seem eager to face off against the "red steam  " .

Also , why do I  have the feeling that we won't see Naruto and Sakura for the next few chapters :(

Well, Gai could stall time with Madara before maybe TenTen comes with a surprise attack. That said it has to be done.

As for Naruto and Sakura, I think the next chapter or 2 they will be. Must remain focus on things. Funny how it's paralleled each other. Obito/Kabuto doing a redemption cause as their lovers friends await for the awakening.

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 05 March 2014 - 07:01 AM.

#23 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:03 AM

Well, I called it when we first saw the foot back some chapters ago, and I'm glad to see that I was right about it being Kabuto, but damn does he still look ugly still. As far as Gai dying, I hope that isn't the case... we don't need him dying since we've already lost Neji, but we can't control that and only the next chapter will let us know what happens.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#24 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:04 AM

Now I doubt we'll even see what Sakuras reaction is. I'm pretty sure Kishi is just gonna have Naruto and Sauce appear out of nowhere to save someone 's ass in about 5-10 chapters

With that said this chapter was the most dissapointing thing I've ever read, granted Kabuto's explanation was legit but 12+ pages establishing that Juubidara>>>>Gai was the most unnecessary use if stalling I've ever seen.

eh10ut.jpg

#25 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:04 AM

Well @James It's not about genre savvy. It was a bloody bare foot. I wonder who can it be? Could it be Hinata? Could it be Jiraiya? Could it be Santa Claus? Or could it be Thing from Addams Family? Oh wait Thing is a walking hand. Seriously Kabuto was the only bare foot guy that made sense. And yes it does look like Kabuto is sticking is junk in Sasuke. Everyone loves Sasuke. They just cannot get enough of him.

Im sorry, but when about half the people I talk to kept telling "It is not Kabuto because Karin didn't recognize the chakra" yet the other half called it because they are aware of Kishi's writing antics....yeah, that's genre savvy.

It was the only answer that made sense and yet a good portion of people didn't believe it.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#26 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:05 AM

gai 8'th gate = red hulk

so there will be no training arc and straight to naruto vs sasukeh?

#27 Hiraishin

Hiraishin

infinite

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:07 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Sasuke got cells from Hashirama... yeah... Greeeaaatt. Rinnegan? Ugh.

Oh, someone mentioned it before me. Haha.

narusaku_ss_by_Cynthi.jpg

#28 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:09 AM

gai 8'th gate = red hulk

so there will be no training arc and straight to naruto vs sasukeh?

I don't know why people think it will be a separate training arc/timeskip. It will all end here, in the battlefield, I am sure of it.

Afterwards, we'll probably have an epilogue or something.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#29 Kster95

Kster95

Cat Sage

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Naruto, bleach, Sword Art Online, Young Justice, Game of thrones, Legend of Korra, Cats, Heroes

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:09 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Sasuke got cells from Hashirama... yeah... Greeeaaatt. Rinnegan? Ugh.

Oh, someone mentioned it before me. Haha.

Plus he was near death. 

43iduct.jpg

#30 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:10 AM

@James Yes people didn't believe it because Karin didn't recognized Kabuto's chakra but if I'm not mistaking even you pointed out, that moment was done for suspense, to keep the mystery. And that's really why it was done to keep the mystery. Problem is people read something and they don't think at all.

Edited by Nostradamus, 05 March 2014 - 07:27 AM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#31 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:10 AM

I don't know why people think it will be a separate training arc/timeskip. It will all end here, in the battlefield, I am sure of it.

Didn't think of training arc or such, but since everyone has to give it all in this battle, they need rest before Naruto and Sasuke fight each other 100%. Unless it won't be 100%. Either way, Madara needs to be taken care of first and foremost.

#32 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:14 AM

Kishi is really pissing me off with his stalling.

Like I said at this point Sakura having her own reaction doesn't seem likely anymore.

eh10ut.jpg

#33 Kster95

Kster95

Cat Sage

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Naruto, bleach, Sword Art Online, Young Justice, Game of thrones, Legend of Korra, Cats, Heroes

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:14 AM

I dont see it like that, I see them defeating Madara, then some healing from the war and then the final arc of dealing with Sasuke and Oro. 

43iduct.jpg

#34 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:15 AM

Not really sure if this chapter is the end of Volume 69 as it may get the volume 61 syndrome= Kishi including a couple more chapters after the tenth. Though if this is the final chapter of the volume then It has a really strong ending for what's to come in the next volume. 

My Review for the Chapter: 

Edited by LuckyChi7, 05 March 2014 - 07:42 AM.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#35 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:16 AM

So Team Hebi and Karin are back to their usual dynamics, which considering the tone before is just weird. Kabuto wasn't surprising, though his explanation of "oh I found myself" doesn't endear him to me, and Suigetsu's legit suspicions are just so easily shrugged off with that--again, weird--comedic tone that Team Not-Seven has. I mean it's no secret that I'm not a fan of them, but there was a time where I really liked Suigestu, ya know. Kabuto too. Then that one time with Karin... Those were the daaays...

Anyways, Gai-senseeei! Did anyone else find Minato's kind of shocked, eyebrow raised, "what the?" amusing? To me it was as if he was thinking, "what the heck am I looking at right now?" which is possible, but it has that touch of attitude I don't expect from such a mild-mannered guy.

Also, James, you never talked to /me/ or I'm sure half the people actually on this forum reading this, so try not to go all general statements about how we're interpreting the manga. I guessed it'd be Kabuto too, but I don't accuse those who didn't of being genre blind. 

Edited by Broken Figurine, 05 March 2014 - 07:19 AM.

#36 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:24 AM

it's not a training arc(sorry), but more like a training session, like naruto training in the wave arc, chunnin arc, search for tsunade arc, and the other. 

the reason why I think there would be a training session because I believe that naruto will gain the uzumaki fuuinjutsu.  

#37 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:27 AM

This chapter almost put me to sleep. It's nice to see Guy fighting though.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#38 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:30 AM

I've got mixed feelings about this chapter, Suigetsu's part was funny, and I liked Guy vs. Madara (even if it didn't do anything), but the Kabuto part irked me, I know Sasuke was going to be saved and all but there might of well be a giant sign in the background saying "This is my pathetic attempt at explaining how Sasuke getting Rinnegan is not an asspull - Masashi Kishimoto".

Normally I'd say I can't wait for the next chapter, especially with Guy using the 8th Gate but, to me Kabuto's bit seemed to drag on for me (and I my computer didn't even have much trouble either) and because of that I'm not that excited for next week, (maybe Bleach will excite me for next week, make me wish I was father ahead in One Piece (I'm at the Little Garden arc in the Manga and the Post-Alabasta arc in the Anime).

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#39 neoshadow

neoshadow

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:37 AM

Why do I get the feeling that since we had a few chapters without Sasuke between the mysterious man tease and this chapter we're going to have a few chapters without Naruto now?

I don't think anyone will be surprised it was Kabuto and as much as I wish we had just a few more pure villains it is an interesting dynamic that both men responsible for starting the war are now seeking redemption in some way. Taka's relationship with each other is always quite funny, Suigetsu thinking up names for what Kabuto would be called with Sasuke's eyes got me smiling, seems like a direct nod to Kabutomaru (refresh me was the name Kabutomaru ever spoken in the manga or is it something the fandom came up with?).

Even though Minato being able to use Sage mode did come out of nowhere I do like that this chapter expanded on it and how proficient he is with using it which isn't very well, seems like Jiraiya and Naruto are much better at using it, I wonder if Minato's facial markings being more like Jiraiya's would've sold that he's not very good at using it better but I'd understand if Kishi just simply forgot about the whole perfect Sage mode thing. Either way I could see that in my own little head canon as something Jiraiya had been teaching Minato to pass everything on in the time before Minato died or became Hokage but Minato never had the opportunity to ever master it.

I'm torn between not wanting Gai to die and wanting to see what all 8 gates being opened is like, if I remember properly wasn't it explained like a civilian could gain the power of a Kage using all 8? If so Gai will be amazing using them, and if Gai dies I'd put very good money on Kakashi dying too, they're just such perfect partners. opposites and friends that I can't see one living and the other not.

#40 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:42 AM

Well it wasn't the chapter we wanted and it was based on Sasuke being healed and kabuto returned while guy took on Madara.
While the action was nice and we saw kabutos reasons for his actions, this doesn't nessessarily rule out a ns recovery scene in the next couple of chapters I mean it took a few chapters to go back and forth between some of these events, but sasukes event is done as well. Guess I'll say that it is a suprise kabuto still has his sage mode but it's not a suprise he has hashiramas DNA, so we all know what this means, Sasuke will get the rinnegan as speculated.

It wasn't the best chapter but it wasn't expected either. So it had some action and some feel of what was important but now we see that guy is prepared to die so we may see a sad moment next chapter. Though again this doesn't rule out the chance of a ns recovery scene as long as naruto isn't shown, I mean again this is all happening at about the same time so we may still get an event like that otherwise action may bypass it and naruto makes a sudden return though it would seem a bit funny to not show naruto waking up to at least talk with obito aside from sakura. I was suprised with how minato said he wasn't that good with sage mode though.

So yeah better luck next week, we may get a sakura scene next chapter or so, this ends volume 69 and while it could have ended differently, it's not bad, Sasuke is recovered and going to gain a rinnegan. Guy is prepared to die, lee came in for a save, tenten is elsewhere checking on the tools. Hopefully we get the ns recovery scene we want I mean there's still reason for naruto to talk with obito about why or something like that. Long as we still don't see naruto standing we can get a chance of this scene we want with sakura reacting to narutos recovery (otherwise a short flashback could always occur showing him get up but whatever) kinda like how we thought the events from 662 would occur then but they instead occurred in 663, ah well let's see where this goes. The setup for a good ns moment is still there but we had a short action scene with guy against Madara which wasn't bad. Maybe a mix of action and drama has been what we have seen these past few chapters. Oh well here's hoping for next week we get a ns moment.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users