20 replies to this topic

#21 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:00 PM

I ended up watching this a little after it finished. I was expecting it to fall flat of the massive amounts hype it has, but I tried to go in open minded and give it a chance.

Overall I feel it's pretty average. Some decent characters, okay storyline, the animation for most of the skating scenes was pretty awful though, with only a few exceptions. I hated watching most of them cause they looked so awkward. I know it's hard to animate that kind of thing, but with ice skating being one of its main draws you'd think more effort would've been put into it. It was disappointing.

People (on Tumblr at least) have been treating Yuri on Ice like its the best thing to ever happen to anime just because of the relationship between Yuri and Victor (which frankly, I've seen better, but whatever) to the point it started to drive me a little nuts. It's DVD sales have even beaten One Piece, last I heard. To each their own I guess, but it's a shame how YOI ended up completely overshadowing some other significantly better shows from the last year.

Okay, rant over.

I watched the first few episodes of it, and honestly I didn't get the hype of the series... But I'll finish it before I judge 

When this came out and my social feeds keeps on showing Yuri on Ice i was not in anyway interested. as i don't like going with the popular fad of the crowd.

but just the other week, I spent my weekend watching this (dubbed)

I have so many things to do that time and has tons of backlogs to watch but for some unknown reason i ended up watching the whole thing.

and guess what?

I actually like it. so much that i find myself re watching some episodes... I guess i really enjoyed the show.

and my youtube feeds keeps on showing ice skating videos lol.

Its unexpectedly a good watch. Sure it isn't the best anime out there.. animation-wise, story-wise etc.. but i just really enjoyed watching it and i guess that is enough.

I really liked the animation of the series tbh. It was beautiful! I really love figure skating, and they did the animation really well :)

Edited by Mixer, 24 January 2017 - 05:04 PM.

tumblr_nsqg2qQqZ61utjwzwo1_500.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anime, MAPPA, fall 2016, ice skating, yaoi vibes?, original anime

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users