25 replies to this topic

#1 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 07:46 PM

Yeah so for a while last year, there was some confusion as to what avatar was being made. M. Night and Cameron were both signed to do a film called 'Avatar'. It wasn't until later than M. Night was discovered as the one directing the Last Airbender series. After that came word of groundbreaking work being done on Cameron's film called Avatar. But everything was kept tight-lipped, and up until a month or two ago almost nothing was known about the film itself-- what it would be about, if it was cgi or live-action, and only a few people of celebrity status had seen any portion of it. It was just hyped as a new way to shoot film and that it may change the film industry. Here is our look at the world of James Cameron's Avatar.

I wasn't too blown away at the beginning of the trailer, after all the hype, but towards the end I was very intrigued. For anyone able to attend it, the studio and James Cameron have okayed IMAX theaters to show 16 minutes of footage from the film this Friday. -- this is how confident they are that it will blow people away. The tickets are free, but you can find more information on the official website. or here.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#2 Shadow-kun

Shadow-kun

Sage Wolf

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:12 PM

Finally! I've been waiting for ages for some info to get out about this movie! It looks great!

Visit my cute Dragons!

Spreading the Horoism!

#3 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:14 PM

Wow, looks like a very entertaining movie! The graphics and scenery were out of this world.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#4 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:53 PM

It's beautiful! If the movie's good, this is a definite Blu-Ray purchase! >.<d

#5 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 20 August 2009 - 10:05 PM

OMG, I was super excited about this movie when Cameron came out during E3 and basically brought forth his idea about this film and its premise. Now, seeing the trailer, I think I just had a nerdgasm.

EPIC!!!

#6 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:33 AM

Jesus Christ the cgi looks absolutely stunning and the quality is amazing. But that's the only thing that catches my interest for now (and being a Cameron movie of course) since we have yet to know what the movie is actually about. Any idea what the budget for this movie is?

#7 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:36 AM

Finally James Cameron's new movie is coming out! woot.gif

Edited by FullmetalNinjaED, 21 August 2009 - 06:37 AM.

uc.png

#8 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (True @ Aug 21 2009, 01:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jesus Christ the cgi looks absolutely stunning and the quality is amazing. But that's the only thing that catches my interest for now (and being a Cameron movie of course) since we have yet to know what the movie is actually about. Any idea what the budget for this movie is?

$237 million

Copy pasta time!!

QUOTE (wikipedia)
The premise
The story’s protagonist, Jake Sully, is a former Marine who was wounded and paralyzed from the waist down in combat on Earth. Jake is selected to participate in the Avatar program, which will give him a healthy body. Jake travels to Pandora, a lush rainforest-covered extraterrestrial moon filled with incredible life forms – some beautiful, many terrifying. Pandora is also home to the Na’vi, a sentient humanoid race that humans consider primitive, but are actually more evolutionarily advanced than humans. Standing three meters tall, with tails and sparkling blue skin, the Na’vi live in harmony with their unspoiled world. As humans encroach deeper into Pandora's forests in search of valuable minerals, the Na’vi unleash their formidable warrior abilities to defend their threatened existence.

Jake has unwittingly been recruited to become part of this encroachment. Since humans are unable to breathe the air on Pandora, they have created genetically-bred human-Na’vi hybrids known as Avatars. The Avatars are living, breathing bodies that are controlled by a human 'driver' through a technology that links the driver’s mind to their Avatar body. On Pandora, through his Avatar body, Jake can be whole once again. Sent deep into Pandora's jungles as a scout for the soldiers that will follow, Jake encounters many of Pandora's beauties and dangers. There he meets a young Na’vi female, Neytiri, whose beauty is matched by her ferocity in battle.

Over time, Jake integrates himself into Neytiri's clan, and begins to fall in love with her. As a result, Jake finds himself caught between the military-industrial forces of Earth, and the Na’vi – forcing him to choose sides in an epic battle that will decide the fate of an entire world.

Edited by Sir Whirly, 21 August 2009 - 04:20 PM.

#9 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:30 PM

There he meets a young Na’vi female, Neytiri, whose beauty is matched by her ferocity in battle.

I just realized... when I went to a preview screening of District 9, during the Q&A afterwards someone from the audience asked the director if he could come up with a name for the aliens. He answered "the Na'vi" to which the host replied "That's taken already I think." and only a few audience members laughed... And now I know why. Cue:The More You Know. wave.gif

Edited by chouzu_tao, 21 August 2009 - 04:32 PM.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#10 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:28 PM

XD I guess the joke was lost because not a lot of people knew the alien name for Avatar!

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 21 August 2009 - 05:28 PM.

#11 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 04:25 PM

Okay, this will be very weird. I found this video that addresses a lot of my own thoughts and apparently popular views on the teaser and the clips shown at the IMAX theatres.

Oh yes, to the kiddies: Beware bad language-- there is some in this clip. Don't watch it. smile.gif

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#12 Shadow-kun

Shadow-kun

Sage Wolf

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:05 PM

I laughed so hard! laugh.gif How many parodies with this scene from the movie are there on the net?

Edited by Shadow-kun, 28 August 2009 - 06:05 PM.

Visit my cute Dragons!

Spreading the Horoism!

#13 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (Shadow-kun @ Aug 28 2009, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I laughed so hard! laugh.gif How many parodies with this scene from the movie are there on the net?

Too many to count. :zaru

Though are people really crapping on the movie that bad?

#14 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:44 AM

The extended trailer gives a broader glimpse into the movie.

Must say it looks quite impressive so far. Hard not to buy into the hype of a Jame Cameron's epic.

#15 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:34 PM

Already watched it & two words for it: F**CKIN' EPIC!!!! The man is a genius!!!! I especially loved the soundtracks!!!!

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#16 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 29 December 2009 - 07:37 PM

Saw it, James Camron is god! tongue.gif

I loved all his movies including Avatar. It has made 600 million world wide in a week.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 29 December 2009 - 07:38 PM.

#17 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Dec 30 2009, 01:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thread Necromancy, much? And this is about the trailer, not about the bloody movie.

It's still related though..., so fair enough....

248793.jpg

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#18 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 02:03 AM

Wow, now that's impressive.....

248793.jpg

#19 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:00 PM

Not when adjusted for inflation.....
It's in the 20s area....

#20 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:52 AM

Talk about taking Avatar to a whole new strange level >.>!

http://video.yahoo.c...998313/18194360

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users