• Please log in to reply
4307 replies to this topic

#3881 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts
  • Interests:Games, Anime, OUAT....stuff I can't remember...and music!

Posted 28 February 2017 - 07:52 AM

This what I get for ignoring and forgetting everything, I don't understand nothing :argh:

tumblr_m8a1skcZ6M1rx8yloo1_500.jpg

Joui Four

#3882 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:35 AM

Here is a fun fact when it comes to the whole the thing regarding Silver and Gray subplot. 

This comes directly from the afterward section to which Hiro Mashima stated in Volume 46 

"I had thought up the story of Gray and Silver long before The Tartaros Arc even began.. Including how it their fight played out to how it ends, the ramifications, what becomes of Gray, and what becomes of Silver. They were all decided beforehand." 

I'm not surprised. You can really tell the difference between Silver's story and Eileen's. Silver's might have been thrown together, but Mashima had a pretty good idea from the first place on what he wanted to do with the character. I'd say he had a rough idea of what he wanted to do since ToH. He only started putting things together just before Tartaros.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#3883 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 28 February 2017 - 04:45 PM

trailer for Dragon Cry is out: 

My discussion video: 

Edited by LuckyChi7, 28 February 2017 - 05:38 PM.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#3884 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:37 PM

While I agree the whole Silver thing was just as thrown together as Eileen's, I do think Silvers was slightly better, thought that's not saying much.

I'm pretty sure both Natsu and Gray were willing to kill each other during their fight, both of them were overcome by grief and allowed their demonic side to take over, so if you would call Gray Trash for his actions, you have to give Natsu the same treatment, he was trash as he was willing to go through Gray to reach the Zeref to get his revenge.

Not really. Natsu didn't willingly submit to the demon magic, he didn't seek Gray out to kill him. Natsu had a compulsion placed on him to kill Zeref, that wasn't his fault. That was explained in the manga. Gray sought out Natsu and actually wanted to kill him. 

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#3885 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:20 PM

Not really. Natsu didn't willingly submit to the demon magic, he didn't seek Gray out to kill him. Natsu had a compulsion placed on him to kill Zeref, that wasn't his fault. That was explained in the manga. Gray sought out Natsu and actually wanted to kill him. 

I don't think that was the case at all, Natsu's went primal when he woke up and saw Lucy being attacked, and thinking she was killed went ballistic and went on a war path, he met Gray on the way who also went primal after seeing Juvia stab herself to save him. Both of them were in a highly emotional state and were willing to destroy the other to reach their goal, to kill Zeref.

In fact if you look at their history, Natsu has less of a reason to go ballistic than Gray, Natsu's father sacrificed himself to give him the power to defeat Achnologia, but he got to say goodbye, Lucy was the only person he loved that he lost because of Zeref, and he was willing to go through his best friend to get revenge. Gray on the other hand lost his Parents, his sensie, and had to defeat his father possessed by a Demon of Zeref, and then Juvia. His actions were more understandable than Natsu's in that period.

iAnby7W.gif

#3886 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:51 PM

Now that I think about it.... Is Zeref going to gun for Happy and Lucy now? This looks like an ample oppoturnity more than anything.

248793.jpg

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#3887 Yojeveka

Yojeveka

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku, Pokémon, Nuzlockes, Voice Acting

Posted 28 February 2017 - 11:29 PM

I haven't seen this manga, but I do have a dumb question. I've read that Juvia is obsessed with Gray, is this true? Would you say is something similar to Sakura-Sasuke/Hinata-Naruto?

2r2sxtg.gif

*Needs an English Talker*

#3888 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 11:35 PM

Unfortunately yes :mellow: She's not a terribly interesting character for that fact alone. She has potential like Sakura did (not too sure about Hinata) as she does bond with a character or two but Her growth is stunted because Gray is all that's on her mind and I do not exaggerate on that

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3889 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 12:30 AM

Well at least she wins and stick to comic relief (like or not). Naruto has no one winning; not even the protagonist.

#3890 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 01 March 2017 - 12:40 AM

You know there's one thing I wonder if the manga is actually gonna end before Dragon Cry comes out.. what's the chances of Hiro releasing 2 possibly even 3 chapters a week lets say next week. 

I mean last we got 2 chapters for 3 consecutive weeks was around the time The Avatar Arc came to an end. 

The last time we got 3 chapters for two consecutive weeks was right after the Grand Magic Games came to an end.

I'm not saying it's gonna go that route, but it would be interesting if that's what happened with the chapter releases since the week before we got 2 chapters back to back.

#3891 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 12:47 AM

Well at least she wins and stick to comic relief (like or not). Naruto has no one winning; not even the protagonist.

Yes I grant her that and she DOES win fights on her own so it's not like she is a  weak character, just not complex :smile:

Edited by Phantom_999, 04 March 2017 - 05:27 AM.

#3892 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:43 AM

I like her design. Shame that it's not the character I would want but oh well.

#3893 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 02:08 PM

I haven't seen this manga, but I do have a dumb question. I've read that Juvia is obsessed with Gray, is this true? Would you say is something similar to Sakura-Sasuke/Hinata-Naruto?

She beats both when it comes to obsession, however she has one redeeming feature and that is she did what Sakura did with Naruto, she stands beside him, and trains to not be a hindrance, it's not like Naruto's female character obsessions, it doesn't make her a weak willed fangirl, she just goes Yandere on everyone who she thinks is eying her man, doesn't matter if male or female.

iAnby7W.gif

#3894 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 01 March 2017 - 05:54 PM

I don't think that was the case at all, Natsu's went primal when he woke up and saw Lucy being attacked, and thinking she was killed went ballistic and went on a war path, he met Gray on the way who also went primal after seeing Juvia stab herself to save him. Both of them were in a highly emotional state and were willing to destroy the other to reach their goal, to kill Zeref.

In fact if you look at their history, Natsu has less of a reason to go ballistic than Gray, Natsu's father sacrificed himself to give him the power to defeat Achnologia, but he got to say goodbye, Lucy was the only person he loved that he lost because of Zeref, and he was willing to go through his best friend to get revenge. Gray on the other hand lost his Parents, his sensie, and had to defeat his father possessed by a Demon of Zeref, and then Juvia. His actions were more understandable than Natsu's in that period.

Sorry, but that was the case. It was stated in manga. Zeref had placed a compulsion on Natsu to seek him out and kill him, just as he had the other demons. Natsu went apekitten when he saw Lucy like that, which started the demon change, which then started the compulsion. Natsu going ballistic was not his fault. Gray tried to kill Natsu because he's a moron. He arrived at FT before Natsu did, which means that he knew Natsu as a child, which means that he knew Natsu had nothing to do with the death of his family. He heard END and went to kill Natsu, he chose to do that, Natsu had no choice. His actions weren't understandable, they were plebeian, asinine, and moronic. 

Yeah, to both questions. And it's absolutely disgusting.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#3895 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:21 PM

https://mobile.twitt...915306773676032

今週号の感想ありがとうございます。某キャラのファンは来週、再来週あたりつらいと思うけど、耐えてくれー!
前にもどこかで書いたけどアルバレス編のテーマは「希望」なんだ!

Thank you for this week's impression. A fan of a certain character thinks it will be difficult for the week after next week, but bear it! I wrote somewhere before, but the theme of Alvarez 's hope

Well, if Acnologia's going to brutally kill Erza, we all know it won't stick, given what he's saying here.

248793.jpg

#3896 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:17 PM

I can't wait to be the straight man and see Mashima doing against completely different character. I'll go "Who is that!?!?!?!?!?"

#3897 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:30 PM

You know it's pretty evident in Hiro's writing of Fairy Tail, and for a very long time I had my suspicions, but I found something from Volume 39's afterward section with what Hiro said:

I get embarrassed by my old work, so I hardly ever read what I put out so long ago."

He did mention that he appreciates all the positive feedback he gets as a mangaka because of Rave Master, and encourages people to still check them out.   

Now as far as what he said, I totally get it was an amazing manga that had a sad yet sentimental vibe throughout it's run.  I know he wanted to make things different with Fairy Tail by making it a fun series with a happy ending... Which technically Rave Master did have a happy ending, it just had alot of tragedy throughout the story to get to that point.. So you can say it's more of a bittersweet happy ending. 

I've said this before, and I'll say it again  Fairy Tail itself is a good story and Hiro Mashima has proved that.. The way he set up Tartaros as early as the Oracion Seis arc,  to the Eclipse being an even bigger importance in the story then we thought it was during the GMG arc, and I think the biggest  twist of all is Zeref himself cause lets be real nobody would've ever guessed that Zeref was Natsu's older brother.   

I think it's just the execution of how certain things were handled in the series like the fights.. GMG I feel is where the biggest credit goes to, and some of the fights with the Spriggan 12, but even at that point that's when the fanservice really started shoot through the roof.. and feels more of a distraction to what is actually going in the story.   Also the fakeout deaths when it came to Gajeel and Juvia in the latest arc as well. "still keeping fingers crossed on the whole E.N.D. subplot being a thing.*

That's the big thing, I feel if the fanservice was as equal as it was pre-GMG arc, or that it's fights within the GMG and some of the Spriggan fights were just better executed *cough* Irene vs Erza *cough*... 

Then honestly I feel that Fairy Tail would probably be a great series like it's spin off prequel series Fairy Tail Zero. Which the fights in Fairy Tail Zero for how little there was were honestly some of the best fights similar to the fights from Tartaros Arc minus Erza vs Kyoka. 

Hiro Mashima so far in his manga career made two great to amazing series: 

Rave Master: Amazing

Fairy Tail Zero: Great

Fairy Tail is simply an okay series, but like I said it could be more than that if it's fights were better handled in GMG and some of the fights in this final arcs, and also if the fanservice was heavily  toned post Tenrou Island. 

But that's just about all I have to say. 

#3898 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 03 March 2017 - 07:14 AM

Volume 60 Cover came out and...

SMeDSiijPvxGIqm0Sl2Z6FXlWZp_22AjjB4410pm

We're doomed with a reminder of Irene and her horrific defeat :cry:

On one hand I actually didn't mind the Sting vs Larcade fight so it doesn't completely kill the cover. 

Still love Volume 59's cover though. 

edit - fixed

Edited by LuckyChi7, 03 March 2017 - 10:15 PM.

#3899 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:29 AM

Eh I think of it as breaking Erza' Mary Sue status truth be told, as in she didn't really defeat Irene in a straight up fight, Irene killed herself, to be fair

Edited by Phantom_999, 19 March 2017 - 11:26 AM.

#3900 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 04 March 2017 - 06:09 AM

Eh I think iof it as breaking Erza' Mary Sue status truth be told, as in she didn't really defeat Irene in a straight up fight, Irene killed herself, to be fair

You do bring up a good point.. she didn't pull the finishing blow that she usually does when it comes to her fights.

Maybe reading it in Volume format will be a different experience cause it was certainly like that with me when it came to tenrou island arc and Tartaros arc for sure.

Edited by LuckyChi7, 04 March 2017 - 06:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users