#221 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:49 PM

More from Martin:

Meanwhile, other wars are breaking out on other fronts, centered around the last few episodes of GAME OF THRONES. It is not my intention to get involved in those, nor to allow them to take over my blog and website, so please stop emailing me about them, or posting off-topic comments here on my Not A Blog. Wage those battles on Westeros, or Tower of the Hand, or Boiled Leather, or Winter Is Coming, or Watchers on the Walls. Anyplace that isn't here, actually.

Yes, I know that THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER named me "the third most powerful writer in Hollywood" last December. You would be surprised at how little that means. I cannot control what anyone else says or does, or make them stop saying or doing it, be it on the fannish or professional fronts. What I can control is what happens in my books, so I am going to return to that chapter I've been writing on THE WINDS OF WINTER now, thank you very much.

#222 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:54 PM

I think grrm acknowledge the liberty that taken by d&d as an adaptation.
I don't think he's angry like some authors to their book.

#223 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:31 AM

More from Martin:

So much this:

What I can control is what happens in my books, so I am going to return to that chapter I've been writing on THE WINDS OF WINTER now, thank you very much.

Fix this mess in the books GRRM....

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#224 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 02:58 PM

So much this:

What I can control is what happens in my books, so I am going to return to that chapter I've been writing on THE WINDS OF WINTER now, thank you very much.

Fix this mess in the books GRRM....

I have this headcanon of Martin absolutely hating the changes D&D have made, sitting in front of his computer, and furiously typing shouting out "I'll show you!"

Whatever gets the words on the page faster.

#225 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 02:12 AM

I think grrm doesn't hate this.

#226 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 02:27 AM

I think grrm doesn't hate this.

He already said he doesn't agree with some changes because they would snowball into bigger changes later and etc

and he also corrected D&D in one lore mistake they made in the shows about one of the past targaryen kings

#227 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 02:50 AM

He already said he doesn't agree with some changes because they would snowball into bigger changes later and etc

and he also corrected D&D in one lore mistake they made in the shows about one of the past targaryen kings

He disagree not hate it.

#228 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 02:01 PM

You guys may be right or you may not be. I agree that what D&D said in the preview was very vague, but it is not the only time grrm has defended them. For example, recently he talked about the rape issue(I'm not sure if he was referring to the books or the show), he basically said kitten happens. :) I agree with some of what he said of course, but it doesn't reflect what happens in the books or the show.

Anyway, I skimmed through the episode last night.

- I'm looking forward to Davos' return. I hope he skins Stannis.

- In the books, I think Stannis will not have a hand in Shireen's death. Mel will probably sacrifice her for Jon, and oh ~ they're all at castle black right now, with Stannis far far away.

- Dorne is a disgrace. And why is Myrcella so snappy? She's supposed to be a sweet young girl not much older than Shireen. They shouldn't have changed her actress at all, but I guess it's her turn to be sexualised.

- Let's hope she keeps both her ears on her way home..

- Arya will probably kill Meryn Trant and not be raped by him, because she is strong and butch enough to avoid that situation unlike her sis.  :shrug:

- Hope Dany's people are OK? Did the Harpy leave because she did or are they still kittened?

- I have no idea why D&D favours Ramsay of all people. I heard he's the dark!Jon. wtf. He's a sadistic monster much like the Mountain, yet he is given 20 good men to ruin Stannis' camp, and other characters, such as Stannis, Sansa, Reek are ruined by him. They've lost their mind.

Edited by sushi., 12 June 2015 - 02:31 PM.

ナルサク

#229 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 01:10 AM

- I have no idea why D&D favours Ramsay of all people. I heard he's the dark!Jon. wtf. He's a sadistic monster much like the Mountain, yet he is given 20 good men to ruin Stannis' camp, and other characters, such as Stannis, Sansa, Reek are ruined by him. They've lost their mind.

I really don't like what they did to Ramsay

THey kind of white washed him and made him A LOT MORE more capable than what he was in the books

#230 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 01:22 AM

I really don't like what they did to Ramsay

THey kind of white washed him and made him A LOT MORE more capable than what he was in the books

White washed him?

I think there's no book reek in the show is what make him look more capable than he's supposed to be.

#231 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 02:08 PM

White washed him?

I think there's no book reek in the show is what make him look more capable than he's supposed to be.

Yeah they kind whitewhashed him and Roose

In the books Roose doesn't wilts to his bastard son and accepts his suggestions

In the series however D&D changed one of the core lines of Roose's character so they could make a kind of heartwarming moment between Ramsay and Roose. 

Ramsay in the books is just a psycho sadist, he does't have much sense of fighting and strategy, yet in the series somehow he is awesome in both to the point where he can storm up an big army camp with just "20 goooood man"

#232 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 03:25 PM

Yeah they kind whitewhashed him and Roose

In the books Roose doesn't wilts to his bastard son and accepts his suggestions
In the series however D&D changed one of the core lines of Roose's character so they could make a kind of heartwarming moment between Ramsay and Roose. 

Ramsay in the books is just a psycho sadist, he does't have much sense of fighting and strategy, yet in the series somehow he is awesome in both to the point where he can storm up an big army camp with just "20 goooood man"

They just nerf stanis.

#233 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:53 AM

I'm dying. Just dying. Can't believe it....

spoiler

#234 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:28 AM

@trickstie
He will

#235 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 05:06 AM

Just finished and all I can say was that the episode felt super rushed :/

Edited by Muffins?, 15 June 2015 - 05:06 AM.

JLHza2T.png

#236 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 07:33 AM

I've defended this show a lot. A lot. And I might just be done with it now. That episode was so iffy in so many places. To say I'm unsatisfied is an understatement.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#237 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:02 AM

The for the watch is not enough foreshadowing outside olly.

#238 MoonDrop04

MoonDrop04

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:28 AM

Well damn........there goes my scenario for the season 5 finale...........and the rest of the show is now a mystery for everyone........

Time To Get To Work On What Happens Next!!! :fu:

#239 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:41 AM

Well damn........there goes my scenario for the season 5 finale...........and the rest of the show is now a mystery for everyone........

Time To Get To Work On What Happens Next!!! :fu:

The Hodor that sit the world.

#240 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:43 AM

Finale was entertaining.

I'm actually excited for next season. But I'm also bracing myself for the kitten they're going to pull. Now It's time for oitnb and sens8 tho. u guys should check that out

Edited by sushi., 15 June 2015 - 10:43 AM.

ナルサク

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users