Close
Photo

Why was Sasuke so cruel to Sakura in the end?

Sakura Sasuke

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 AzureWaters

AzureWaters

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:25 PM

Kishi actually said that he doesn't like writing Sasuke because the character "doesn't listen" and does such troublesome things. He seems to think his characters have a mind of their own. To answer the question I think he makes Sakura into Sasuke's morality pet. Meaning that when he wants to show Sasuke being bad Sakura is used to bring that point home ( genjutsu then Kakashi admonishing him for his treatment of her). Also in contrast, when he's redeemed she is also used to show his change ( he apologozies and agrees to be with her later on). At least that's how it seemed to me at the end. I find it terrible for Sakura myself.

#22 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:23 AM

Kishi actually said that he doesn't like writing Sasuke because the character "doesn't listen" and does such troublesome things. He seems to think his characters have a mind of their own. To answer the question I think he makes Sakura into Sasuke's morality pet. Meaning that when he wants to show Sasuke being bad Sakura is used to bring that point home ( genjutsu then Kakashi admonishing him for his treatment of her). Also in contrast, when he's redeemed she is also used to show his change ( he apologozies and agrees to be with her later on). At least that's how it seemed to me at the end. I find it terrible for Sakura myself.

In good writing you allow characters to have a mind of their own. This is the whole point the Naruto fandom was trying to make because Sasuke always had no interest in Sakura and was against going back to Konoha to be friends with Naruto. Kikitten FORCED the ending on Sasuke and also Naruto and Sakura since Naruto's character had never loved Hinata and the Sakura who worked so hard to change herself was reverted back to her 12 year old self. If the characters themselves could choose this ending wouldn't have happened. Kishimoto is a terrible writer who makes his own characters OOC for the sake of pleasing fans.

#23 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 07:49 PM

it's his way of expression how much he loves sakura.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#24 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 07:52 PM

it's his way of expression how much he loves sakura.

The ultimate tsundere.

#25 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 07:58 PM

He wants to kill her because he loves her. All emotional obstacles must be eliminated.

#26 Nami

Nami

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:41 AM

To make Twilight watchable.

LOL oh you're brilliant, you know that?

Anyway, tricksie, I would love to answer your question, but I'm still trying to figure out why Sasuke was evil in general up to chapter 699 and then did a face-heel turn. Did Naruto just beat the stupid out of him like he said he would? Although it may run in the family.

But that's not even the main problem for me. Like I said, maybe it's just generally an Uchiha thing. What bothers me the most is that Sakura just put up with all of his crap without complaint and still groveled at his feet in the end as if we were a deity that was to be worshiped. 

#27 Therece

Therece

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:10 PM

If Sasuke did have some thoughts about Sakura the pairing wars would have ended awhile ago because Sakura's love  isn't one sided anymore.

It seems that Kishi also wanted to keep the tension between the love triangle with SS vs NS inside team 7 and the mystery about Sasuke's redemption in part 2.

Because of this Kishimoto only showed the result of love triangle and made SS Canon with Sasuke being soft and sweet with Sakura in the very last chapter when He was redeemed.

Kishi always wanted to make Sasuke's character   ambiguous towards Sakura  in war

Better exemple:

Chapter 631 smiled to  Sakura and saved her

Later he was cruel with her.

After Sasuke holding Sakura preventing her from falling while he is looking deep in her eyes.

Later delivered a Genjutsu to her.

Kishi  after tried to explain this

Sasuke  came to feel that Team 7 was his family, at times he indulged those feelings, and at other times he despised himself for the weakness it represented. He knew he could not be weak to go with revenge.
He needed to cut his ties  because staying there meant giving into the weakness of Team 7 which represented family to him.

SS has mutual reciprocation at the end when Sasuke was redeemed and stopped try cut his ties. At this moment It's obvious he will accept Sakura's love.

Not to mention there's no reason to Naruto vs Sasuke when Sasuke already loves Sakura and accepted his bond with her.

Imagine if Sasuke accepted  Sakura's love in her second confession in 693 and give up his fight against Naruto...

Edited by Therece, 24 January 2015 - 10:03 PM.

#28 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:49 PM

Team 7 triangle always would've ended:
Sasuke --> Sakura
or
Sakura--> Naruto
Unfortunately for us it was the one that didn't make sense. Sakura had more reasons to return Naruto's love than Sasuke did to return Sakura's.

#29 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:23 AM

I think it was entirely to help set Sasuke back to rival-gone-bad for the following fight with Naruto. Kishi pretty much ruined the build up to their showdown when he brought Sasuke back to fight with Naruto, Sakura, Kakashi against the like 5 different final final villains. Right before sending the two to the fight we all knew was going to happen (and should have happened sooner), he had to make sure we knew that Sasuke was SO EVIL to give Naruto reason to look heroic when he inevitably won.

Since Kishi pretty much views the girls as little more than pairing fodder, abusing Sakura was probably the best method he could think of  :zaru:

#30 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:29 AM

Being an ass to the heroine is a sure way to make yourself look evil. This is probably why Sakura got the brunt of abuse from Sasuke. It has to do with the women-in-refridgerators thing.

#31 Candleguy

Candleguy

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:22 PM

If Sasuke did have some thoughts about Sakura the pairing wars would have ended awhile ago because Sakura's love  isn't one sided anymore.

It seems that Kishi also wanted to keep the tension between the love triangle with SS vs NS inside team 7 and the mystery about Sasuke's redemption in part 2.

Because of this Kishimoto only showed the result of love triangle and made SS Canon with Sasuke being soft and sweet with Sakura in the very last chapter when He was redeemed.

Kishi always wanted to make Sasuke's character   ambiguous towards Sakura  in war

Better exemple:

Chapter 631 smiled to  Sakura and saved her

Later he was cruel with her.

After Sasuke holding Sakura preventing her from falling while he is looking deep in her eyes.

Later delivered a Genjutsu to her.

Kishi  after tried to explain this

Sasuke  came to feel that Team 7 was his family, at times he indulged those feelings, and at other times he despised himself for the weakness it represented. He knew he could not be weak to go with revenge.
He needed to cut his ties  because staying there meant giving into the weakness of Team 7 which represented family to him.

SS has mutual reciprocation at the end when Sasuke was redeemed and stopped try cut his ties. At this moment It's obvious he will accept Sakura's love.

Not to mention there's no reason to Naruto vs Sasuke when Sasuke already loves Sakura and accepted his bond with her.

Imagine if Sasuke accepted  Sakura's love in her second confession in 693 and give up his fight against Naruto...

I love the fact that you and I guess kishi as well thinks glances and a smile are equal to or balance out mental and physical abuses. He was going to let Sakura die on the lava and he constantly made her feel ashamed of herself.

I've never seen the concept of "he was pushing her away" be used so cruelly. And the difference between this and SN is that long ago Kishimoto made it absolutely clear the connection Naruto and Sasuke had (white background speaking through fists) Naruto was genuine threat to Sasuke's mindset.

Sasuke could not have treated Sakura worse without having that connection with her. 

Edited by Candleguy, 08 February 2015 - 08:59 PM.

#32 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:32 AM

because he wanted NAruto and Sakura-Chan to get together. He tried to show that Sasuke will never love Sakura-Chan. And he aqueezed it in there for a purpose.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#33 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:23 AM

because he wanted NAruto and Sakura-Chan to get together. He tried to show that Sasuke will never love Sakura-Chan. And he aqueezed it in there for a purpose.

Lol that's what I always thought! I thought Kishimoto was deliberately showing how bad Sasuke makes Sakura feel so that readers would understand why she got with Naruto at the end. I gave Kishi too much credit. XD

#34 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:46 AM

Lol that's what I always thought! I thought Kishimoto was deliberately showing how bad Sasuke makes Sakura feel so that readers would understand why she got with Naruto at the end. I gave Kishi too much credit. XD

Yup. That and Sasuke is suppose to be a villian.... even if Kishimoto didn't have the guts to end it like that.

#35 Qia

Qia

Little Weasel

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:46 PM

To emphasize how much Sasuke needed to be "saved". And then with him apologizing like that in the end, in a way, he "came to his senses". Perhaps also to show how he was pushing the people he cared for away from him, even if by the cruelest means. He was willing to kill Naruto, after all. 

single-cherry-blossom-tree-4k-high-quali

#36 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:57 PM

To emphasize how much Sasuke needed to be "saved". And then with him apologizing like that in the end, in a way, he "came to his senses". Perhaps also to show how he was pushing the people he cared for away from him, even if by the cruelest means. He was willing to kill Naruto, after all. 

I wish he would've killed Naruto.. then Sakura then himself. Team 7 kamikaze to spare themselves from the ending.

#37 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:03 PM

There is a difference in his actions for Naruto and Sakura as it was explained . With Naruto  he wanted to kill him himself bc he was the only one who affected him  his only "friend"  and even when Naruto was in danger he still reacted showed emotions  . But with Sakura he severed his "bond" with her when he left  , if you look trough his actions  he was indifferent toward her whether she lives or dies  that's not pushing someone away from you  that's called indifference  its even worse .  Really Kikitten's logic is even more f**cked up  and how this kitten come to an end bc it makes no sens .

But judging by his interview SS happen just like NH bc of pity  not bc Sasuke had any feelings for her  his sexist comment  should  be enough indication for it .

Edited by NarutoFireFoxUzumaki, 08 February 2015 - 09:09 PM.

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#38 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:13 AM

Because Sasuke loved Naruto but Naruto always loved Sakura :zaru:

mind_blown.gifmind_blown.gifmind_blown.gifmind_blown.gifmind_blown.gifmind_blown.gifmind_blown.gifmind_blown.gifmind_blown.gifmind_blown.gifmind_blown.gifmind_blown.gif

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#39 XJohnnyApprovesNarskuX

XJohnnyApprovesNarskuX

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, LuNa, NaLu, IchiRuki, Video games, Anime, Manga, Wrestling,Poetry, writing

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:28 AM

Sasuke lacks a single care in his body. He didnt love sakura. Thats all it ever was with him. He would rather kill her then love her.

hqdefault.jpg

NaruSaku is heaven and earth without one there'd never be the other

narusakuFTW LuffyXNami

#40 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:48 AM

Because...........huh I think I broke brain. Well all joking aside you'd think that his cruelty to her would be reason for them NOT to get together but that didn't stop the man from making such a misoginistic message that girls are supposed to keep their feelings of first love always even if it's unhealthy and detrimental to their self worth and limits their development. Women are SUPPOSED to obsess over their first love even if the man is downright abusive towards them or else they are horrible women that are not real women. What a GREAT Aesop to be teaching to girls am I right? :zaru:  (Sarcasm if you didn't catch on)

Edited by Phantom_999, 13 March 2015 - 03:40 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sakura, Sasuke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users