18 replies to this topic

#1 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:00 PM

Did you guys ever consider Sasuke to be Asexual given his lack of interest in girls and romance in general?  Obviously this was proven false in the final two chapters were he was shown to have returned Sakura`s feelings and had a child.  But before that, did you believe he was celibate?

#2 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:09 PM

No.... I thought this would be wrapped up in his resolution story, with him starting a family. But not in the way we got in canon. 

I thought that Sasuke would transform either into a family man by putting his past behind him and settling down to start a family. Or he would chose to atone for his crimes and spend his days wandering as a Jiraiya/Itachi figure who protects Konoha from the outside. 

Instead, we got both. Sasuke has a family that he has no interest in or responsibility for, while he can still be his old taciturn, withdrawn self-centered self and wander the world, beholden to no one. 

I think the Sasuke in the story was non-sexual. I don't even think that was something he considered, no matter how much fanfics want to pretend he did.

#3 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:26 PM

I honestly didn`t think he would end up with anyone given his apathy and treatment towards women.  Even if he ended up with Karin it would feel a bit OOC.  I just wish Kishi would have given hints that he had some interest in girls.  That way if he ended up in a relationship near the end of the series it would have been more believable

#4 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:58 PM

He was asexual all the way and most probably aromantic as well. We all know that the ending was pure bullsh**.

Edited by theunburnt, 04 March 2015 - 11:58 PM.

dumbo-pink-elephants-on-parade1.gif?w=50

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#5 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:09 AM

Definitely asexual because Sasuke never had any interest in girls and he admitted that several times throughout the series.

I think the best way to finish Sasuke's character arc would be with him being brought back to the village and he would have to answer for his crimes if he wants any amount of redemption. Obviously he shouldn't have a wife or family because it'd be best if he was prepared to die as the last of the Uchiha, then finally the cycle of hatred within the Uchiha clan would stop with him which could go a long way in achieving peace as the Uchihas would just be a relic of the past.

What we got though was completely OOC and I know we're going to get more of that from him in part 3. Just pure bullsh**.

Edited by RedFaction, 05 March 2015 - 12:10 AM.

#6 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:24 AM

No.

That he wasn't interested in the particular people who showed interest in him does not mean he is asexual. I think people are reading far further into that disinterest than they should be.

#7 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:19 AM

Absolutely. He showed no romantic or sexual tension towards anyone in the series. If we had to choose his sexuality, then asexual would have to be the first answer. Aromantic too. There was nothing ever hinting at his own personal attraction to anyone in the series.  

Now, in my head I would like him to be demisexual. His bond with Naruto was the strongest in the series (well, it was portrayed that way, not actually fleshed out. Let's be honest, they barely interacted in all of Part 2) It's very easy to see him only attracted to Naruto if they were to get in a relationship. 

I also see Karin as a potential choice mostly because she's an Uzumaki, already likes him, and spent more time with him than both Sakura and Naruto throughout Part 2.  

Even in canon, he's either still asexual or demi for Sakura. I can't imagine him being attracted to entire group of people. (Well, if Kishimoto has his way...)

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#8 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:57 AM

No, he's not.

#9 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:19 AM

UUUUUUUh, probably not. He DOES need a baby maker after all. (I'm gonna keep saying this. That's what Sakura was reduced to.)

Edited by Phantom_999, 05 March 2015 - 02:19 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#10 AzureWaters

AzureWaters

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:30 AM

He obviously wasn't interested in women as a teenager. I do recognize that he's a full fledged adult in chapter 700 though, and interest and priorities can certainly change with age. He's married to Sakura so I suppose that he has  enough interest in sex for a long term relationship to work and bear fruit. *shrugs*

So I would say no interest as a teen but he grew out of it some years down the line and functions like any male.

#11 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:29 AM

Let's not forget that Sasuke wasn't in the healthiest mindset in the manga, and being asexual isn't a choice or circumstance but an orientation. Luffy from One Piece was apparently stated to be asexual even though he had some instances of interest. Sasuke is tricky because he obviously settled down in canon and had a child and even that doesn't exclude being asexual (people of this orientation can have sex for reproductive means), but likewise the same can be said. Just because someone's sexual and romantic life isn't touched on, or seems scarce, doesn't mean they're automatically asexual. Also given Kishimoto's idea of romance I don't see him seriously considering his characters' sexuality. 

I would have preferred him alone because he has serious issues, regardless of his sexuality. Of all his strong potential love interests, Karin, Sakura, and Naruto, he attempted to kill each one. In my non-canon preferences, if he were to be with anyone, I would want this addressed, and in the end I don't particularly care for him as a romantic element. Asexual, aromantic, or otherwise, I think the real issue is his behaviour and what he's done. 

#12 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:30 AM

I think he was attracted to power, or atleast that's how I always saw it, I know one of the first ever things that puzzled me when I started watching the series was why did someone who claimed to want to revive his clan, never show interest in the opposite sex? he had all those girls throwing themselves at him (something I always found extremely sexist of Kishi even early on, every single male Ninja (except Jiraiya,) never cared if their opponant was a attractive female, yet every single female (except Tsunade) seem to drool all over Sasuke.) Yet never looked at any of them...I think it's part of the Uchiha curse, being attracted to power, even Madara seemed that way.

Even in the epilogue, he had one daughter with Sakura and that was it, no attempt at a boy, I was surprised someone as sexist as Kishi would not give Sasuke a son to continue the Uchiha line, because we can all see Sarada is nothing more than a plot device to get Boruto to fall in love with, because misery loves company.

Edited by harry4e, 05 March 2015 - 12:25 PM.

iAnby7W.gif

#13 Therece

Therece

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:51 PM

Sasuke was traumatized as a child, having his brother who was the dearest person to him kill his entire clan, then make him relive those moments for 72 hours.
It's obvious he not have any interest in any FanGirl at the age of 13 with this terrible trauma to focus in his revenge objective.

Only because he wasn't interested in any FanGirl or  the creepy Karin  before 17 does not mean he is asexual.

Sasuke wasn't in the healthiest mindset in the manga because of his dark past.

When sasuke finally come back to his good sense in the last two chapters.

Sasuke didn't had any problem to accept Sakura's feelings and  do the most intimate act between a couple (sex) with her and start a family.

This is shounen manga not a romance manga. Girl's feelings are much  more emphasized than Boy's feelings.

Edited by Therece, 05 March 2015 - 05:00 PM.

#14 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:58 PM

Asexual? He took the most beautiful and hot woman in Konoha. Not at all dumb.

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#15 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:05 AM

I thought he was...but when I started seeing a little SasuKarin, I thought that perhaps he could go for her since he spent the entire manga having no interest in Sakura.

Of course we all know that we can't really trust what we see in that manga anyways. :glare:

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#16 RamenxBlossom

RamenxBlossom

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku
    Fanfiction
    Kpop
    Kdramas
    Anime/Manga
    Drawing

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:47 AM

To be honest, I wouldn't have been surprised if he was, but ultimately no.

I would have like him to serve some punishment at least, but I liked to think that instead of starting a family, he would rather been a jounin sensei at some point in his life, and instead pass on his ninja way to his students.

Or eventually wander around the ninja continent (maybe with Team Taka again?) but this time without leaving a family behind.

... Does that make sense?

output_FAafXs_zpsoj0idcx1.gif?t=14375663

#17 Candleguy

Candleguy

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 12:57 AM

Sasuke was traumatized as a child, having his brother who was the dearest person to him kill his entire clan, then make him relive those moments for 72 hours.
It's obvious he not have any interest in any FanGirl at the age of 13 with this terrible trauma to focus in his revenge objective.

Only because he wasn't interested in any FanGirl or  the creepy Karin  before 17 does not mean he is asexual.

Sasuke wasn't in the healthiest mindset in the manga because of his dark past.

When sasuke finally come back to his good sense in the last two chapters.

Sasuke didn't had any problem to accept Sakura's feelings and  do the most intimate act between a couple (sex) with her and start a family.

This is shounen manga not a romance manga. Girl's feelings are much  more emphasized than Boy's feelings.

Are terrible SS defense arguments making their way here as well?

#18 Candleguy

Candleguy

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 01:02 AM

I'll just say this for 699 out  700 chapters of the story you could make a better case that he was asexual than not.

#19 AzureWaters

AzureWaters

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:00 AM

^ Technically 698 lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users