fixer redemption

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#21 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 25 September 2020 - 09:04 PM

Uuuh, RnB songs, pretty neat! Hmm, there's a certain mystery about Natsumi, gotta give you that.

I'm wondering how you'll tie it up together with canon manga, that's my main curiosity. :D

I for one, in my story, I'm portraying the Otsutsukis as the bad guys, but in a toootally different way!

I'm just tweaking a bit the story while still keeping its mechanics... xD 

OH AND SEER + DREAM INTERPRETATION??? I'm such a sucker for those too!

You're right about Natsumi. There are mysteries that she doesn't even know about and it is tied to her background story. There are going to be clues that are going to be obvious. Part 2 is going to reveal majority of it, including how it ties to the canon (exclude Boruto series).

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#22 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 05:21 PM

Well, good news, I'm starting to jot down everything right now in summary/brainstorm mode. I still can't get to picture my OC villain... yet. But it's coming. I want to tease my notes here on the Prologue and Chapter 1. As I said, I'm using R&B songs as titles. When I post the completed chapters, I may wanna do a contest of guessing the artist(s) who made the song chosen. Also Prologue and Epliogue titles are Intrudes from albums I selected. 

Part 1 Teaser

Natsumi seems like she is gonna be a pretty big part of all of this going into it. It sounds really great though!

#23 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 26 September 2020 - 09:55 PM

Natsumi seems like she is gonna be a pretty big part of all of this going into it. It sounds really great though!

She really is. As the story goes along, you'll see the real reason on what I have in store for her. 

latest?cb=20140126021943

#24 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 06:54 PM

She really is. As the story goes along, you'll see the real reason on what I have in store for her. 

In a lot of ways, it makes me think of the prominence Noel has in BlazBlue too, even if it feels so unassuming at first.

#25 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 09:31 PM

In a lot of ways, it makes me think of the prominence Noel has in BlazBlue too, even if it feels so unassuming at first.

I really don't think Natsumi's role is similar to Noel's. That poor girl went through a lot to the point that she's a clone of Amaterasu/Saya to become her oneself.  

latest?cb=20140126021943

#26 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 09:22 PM

I'm really excited to see how this plays out. How you'll 'rebirth' the story, lol.

Cuz basically that's what I'm doing with my story now. Cherry Blossom Rebirth is basically in a way going back to origins, to the 'genesis' of Naruto and rebirthing it again in a way that this whole human/ninja/gods thing will make sense.

Well, at least in my head sounds so, lol.

I hope I'll be able to also put it in writing.

I've never been a writer of long stories. I always wrote short stuff. Drabbles. So this one is going to be quite a challenge.

I'm also curious about what themes you're going to take upon in the story. Have you decided?

I for example have like 9 major themes I want to tackle upon as of now. 

Some the manga used to treat but dropped and some new ones I feel the story needs to introduce and that it would fit best in the whole narrative.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#27 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 10:37 PM

I'm really excited to see how this plays out. How you'll 'rebirth' the story, lol.

Cuz basically that's what I'm doing with my story now. Cherry Blossom Rebirth is basically in a way going back to origins, to the 'genesis' of Naruto and rebirthing it again in a way that this whole human/ninja/gods thing will make sense.

Well, at least in my head sounds so, lol.

I hope I'll be able to also put it in writing.

I've never been a writer of long stories. I always wrote short stuff. Drabbles. So this one is going to be quite a challenge.

I'm also curious about what themes you're going to take upon in the story. Have you decided?

I for example have like 9 major themes I want to tackle upon as of now. 

Some the manga used to treat but dropped and some new ones I feel the story needs to introduce and that it would fit best in the whole narrative.

On bold: I posted the themes on my first post. Mainly focusing on one's happiness, family/bonds, manipulation, and dreams/fantasies versus reality.  I think writing about one's happiness is tough because we're jumping into the Eastern lifestyle of thinking about others instead of yourself because you're being selfish. But in order to love others, you'll need to know and love yourself first and I want to tackle that. I also want to look at how manipulation comes into play without the characters realizing it until the "last" minute and how dreams and fantasies conflicting with reality. 

Spoiler

Rebirth the story:

Connection to the New Timeline

latest?cb=20140126021943

#28 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 01:35 AM

On bold: I posted the themes on my first post. Mainly focusing on one's happiness, family/bonds, manipulation, and dreams/fantasies versus reality.  I think writing about one's happiness is tough because we're jumping into the Eastern lifestyle of thinking about others instead of yourself because you're being selfish. But in order to love others, you'll need to know and love yourself first and I want to tackle that. I also want to look at how manipulation comes into play without the characters realizing it until the "last" minute and how dreams and fantasies conflicting with reality. 

Spoiler

Rebirth the story:

The way it also sounds with new timeline that it could be tough. And at least you got a simpler set point to go with potentially too, considering with Mortal Kombat in the last three games since 9 that it began right at the first tournament, and even then, there were some unusual inconsistencies, which I'd assume may have been due to Kronika's influence through Shinnok's amulet to lead Raiden to supposedly reset the timeline, just as she had done before over and over again, and that we also see how some events differ both due to her machinations as well as Shinnok's, since I wouldn't be surprised if Shinnok was aware of some of his mother's plans to manipulate events up until his defeat in MKX by Cassie, and before Raiden became corrupt not just by the Jinsei but Kronika's influence via Shinnok's amulet.

Man, there's so many possibilities of what you could do with how you're gonna approach this. Plus what you said is true. In some aspects of Eastern culture though, it can be OK to think of yourself a lot of times, since if you only think of others, it's gonna end up badly. I know from experience 'cause I'm  someone who can be seen as a people pleaser, and I try to not make conflict by thinking of others and that hasn't worked well for me.

#29 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 10:16 AM

Spoiler

Rebirth the story:

Ooh, right, sorry, my bad! I forgot about that part because of all the excitement.

I can't wait to see how you're going to be taking this resolution up. I made mine in my story. Actually, the romantic subplot was the easiest one to resolve, to be honest.

And it's done in a way to call-back to very important moments between all the 4 members of the cast. And with NaruHina, it's going to be my own way to also bring into the plot a new power-up for Hinata.

Because while I hate what she symbolizes and what she has become as a character, I do like what she originally represented. And that's the Hinata I don't want to abandon and do her justice as well.

I also found a loophole on how to bring Neji back - which I will, but I feel that there's this situation where I shoot myself on the foot with a certain thing.  But eh, I will manage somehow. 

As for my story, I've dropped Madara and Kaguya as villains, and basically you could say that I'm going in parallel with what Boruto's going down as of now - more Otsutsukis and why, but then, while highly similar, it's going to be highly different because it gives context through the background story which I have built.

And that background story has a heavy Haruno/Uzumaki influence. And it also explains the red thread of fate symbolism. It basically brings it to a whole 'nother level, lol.

But I'm really curious to see how you'' handle Madara/Kaguya to be honest. Because power-wise scale, I have to deal with the same thing. And I have to admit, that's the thing that kind of gives me certain problems. 

Because for one I have to create new villains and have to see how they're going to go get their way to get to their objective. Cuz I know what their objective is and how to get there. And that's mainly focused on the Uzumaki/Haruno.

But what power-ups to use, how to counter them and in the meantime also make it exciting and have 'aha' kind of moments? Well that'll be a challenge! 

#30 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 05:03 PM

Man, there's so many possibilities of what you could do with how you're gonna approach this. Plus what you said is true. In some aspects of Eastern culture though, it can be OK to think of yourself a lot of times, since if you only think of others, it's gonna end up badly. I know from experience 'cause I'm  someone who can be seen as a people pleaser, and I try to not make conflict by thinking of others and that hasn't worked well for me.

I also going to reveal this: I may gonna to tackle the "stigmas" and traditions of Japanese women in the background.  I don't know you guys noticed but following franchises, whenever it involves ageism towards females, pissed me off especially we're going to New Generations route. I'd seen it in Tekken and the Soul series, where characters like Jun Kazama, Michelle Chang and Taki gets replaced or retired. But when I look over to Street Fighter, Chun-Li is still active and maintained her youthful looks gracefully with age. It is not going to be a major theme but I will write about it, on how those stigmas are applied to Sakura, Natsumi and the other female casts, except Natsumi is currently breaking those stigmas (she's not the type to be tied down like that and will cussed anyone who trying to force her to live in that lifestyle) and can be an inspiration. 

Ooh, right, sorry, my bad! I forgot about that part because of all the excitement.

I can't wait to see how you're going to be taking this resolution up. I made mine in my story. Actually, the romantic subplot was the easiest one to resolve, to be honest.

And it's done in a way to call-back to very important moments between all the 4 members of the cast. And with NaruHina, it's going to be my own way to also bring into the plot a new power-up for Hinata.

Because while I hate what she symbolizes and what she has become as a character, I do like what she originally represented. And that's the Hinata I don't want to abandon and do her justice as well.

I also found a loophole on how to bring Neji back - which I will, but I feel that there's this situation where I shoot myself on the foot with a certain thing.  But eh, I will manage somehow. 

As for my story, I've dropped Madara and Kaguya as villains, and basically you could say that I'm going in parallel with what Boruto's going down as of now - more Otsutsukis and why, but then, while highly similar, it's going to be highly different because it gives context through the background story which I have built.

And that background story has a heavy Haruno/Uzumaki influence. And it also explains the red thread of fate symbolism. It basically brings it to a whole 'nother level, lol.

But I'm really curious to see how you'' handle Madara/Kaguya to be honest. Because power-wise scale, I have to deal with the same thing. And I have to admit, that's the thing that kind of gives me certain problems. 

Because for one I have to create new villains and have to see how they're going to go get their way to get to their objective. Cuz I know what their objective is and how to get there. And that's mainly focused on the Uzumaki/Haruno.

But what power-ups to use, how to counter them and in the meantime also make it exciting and have 'aha' kind of moments? Well that'll be a challenge! 

Interesting. You're giving Hinata a power-up? Trying to give her relevance I see?  :hehehe:  I definitely want to see your take on that.

Speaking of Neji,

Neji

Now how will I handle Madara and Kaguya? Most of the stuff will be the same, but with different outcomes of how they will be defeated. I can't spoiled them right now because that's for when I going to start the New Timeline storyline.  

latest?cb=20140126021943

#31 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 08:05 PM

I also going to reveal this: I may gonna to tackle the "stigmas" and traditions of Japanese women in the background.  I don't know you guys noticed but following franchises, whenever it involves ageism towards females, pissed me off especially we're going to New Generations route. I'd seen it in Tekken and the Soul series, where characters like Jun Kazama, Michelle Chang and Taki gets replaced or retired. But when I look over to Street Fighter, Chun-Li is still active and maintained her youthful looks gracefully with age. It is not going to be a major theme but I will write about it, on how those stigmas are applied to Sakura, Natsumi and the other female casts, except Natsumi is currently breaking those stigmas (she's not the type to be tied down like that and will cussed anyone who trying to force her to live in that lifestyle) and can be an inspiration. 

Interesting. You're giving Hinata a power-up? Trying to give her relevance I see?  :hehehe:  I definitely want to see your take on that.

Speaking of Neji,

Neji

Now how will I handle Madara and Kaguya? Most of the stuff will be the same, but with different outcomes of how they will be defeated. I can't spoiled them right now because that's for when I going to start the New Timeline storyline.  

Ooh, oooh! I also want to tackle a bit upon that to be honest. About how the female cast is put behind.

It's actually tied to the whole Hashirama/Sakura parallelism I used to talk about in my theories. I can't spoil it as of now, but I will bring it up to the story, and I hope I'll do it in a nice manner.

One of the things i'm most afraid of is not being able to express the ideas as cool as they sound in my head, lol.

And yeah, I am giving Hinata and Neji a power-up. But it won't be this Tenseigan BS. I mean, in a way you could say that it will, but not in the way it's treated in Naruto/Boruto, that's for sure.

I want to go back to the initial symbolism that inspired the Hyugas. Because the symbolism from where they inspired the new Tenseigan for Hinata is kinda symbolism that would fit Sakura better, not her.

But there is a nice symbolism for them and it will have to do with the destiny part and the rebirth yeah. Because since Neji will be revived, well, it's gonna be fitting better.

Even with Naruto's symbol thingie. Remember how I used to do those theories because I saw the similarities, but couldn't exactly pin point where it led and what's meant to symbolise? Well, I found out now, years later and I finally know what to do with it and how to connect it.

It's basically gonna go like this Haruno/Uzumaki (cuz they're kinda the same, because the red thread of fate goes waaay beyond) - the source base for Hyuga plot.

Because after all, Hyugas are 'towards the sun'.. I don't want to throw away that symbolism. However they're not the sun itself, so there's that slight difference.

Glad to hear you're also not giving up on Neji. 

Can't believe people had no problem with dude being killed. Even moreso, they were okay and found no problem that the main branch/second branch thing continued in the last. Bleah.

Aah, can't wait to see your take on how to defeat Madara & Kaguya. :D

Edited by Chatte, 01 October 2020 - 08:07 PM.

#32 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 06:03 AM

Funny enough, all of Derock's talk of what he's gonna do for his idea makes me curious about the end product, as well as what I'd want to do for my own Naruto story, "The Demon Within". It's funny, 'cause The Demon Within began as an RP my friend Kurt and I did during the Sasuke Retrieval Arc, and how we just winged it, but since then, we've been having revamping about that as well as a fanfic.

#33 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 01:01 AM

I forgot to add this.

In regarding to the chapter naming as song titles, there will be some chapters that has 2 songs as titles. And most of the songs has meaning within the chapters themselves. 

I might gonna revise some stuff because:

Upcoming fight chapters

latest?cb=20140126021943

#34 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 09:49 AM

Hah, I'm so curious to see your take on the chapters with song names.

Bryon, what about your story? You have it posted somewhere or?

For me as of now I have covered the background of it all, the Otsutsukis, Haruno/Uzumaki connection and Sakura powerup. I'm glad I have found something really awesome to work past her Byakugou shortcomings.

That part has always been one that kind of bugged me, because it feels like it cuts away from Sakura's own power. Like... she barely got one that allows her to be on the battlefield, only on the long run to eat away at her life? How cruel is that?

But gladly, I have found a way around it, that Sakura's own life span won't ever be a problem to her anymore. 

#35 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 05:59 PM

Hah, I'm so curious to see your take on the chapters with song names.

Bryon, what about your story? You have it posted somewhere or?

For me as of now I have covered the background of it all, the Otsutsukis, Haruno/Uzumaki connection and Sakura powerup. I'm glad I have found something really awesome to work past her Byakugou shortcomings.

That part has always been one that kind of bugged me, because it feels like it cuts away from Sakura's own power. Like... she barely got one that allows her to be on the battlefield, only on the long run to eat away at her life? How cruel is that?

But gladly, I have found a way around it, that Sakura's own life span won't ever be a problem to her anymore. 

Sadly, I haven't posted TDW anywhere yet. Though I've worked out a few chapters of it; a prologue and the first two, with the third close to being done but I had hit a stumbling batch of writer's block as well as just self-doubt due to the rabid NH fans out there. I know I have had some cool ideas to work with it as well.

EDIT: OK, so I was wrong, Chatte. I actually posted the prologue on my Deviant Art account.

https://www.devianta...ologue-86335210

Here!

Edited by Bryon_Konoha_Ninja, 06 October 2020 - 05:21 PM.

#36 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 08:48 PM

Good news! 

I got some names of my main villain. I have two or three names:

Villain name is

Also, Chatte will love this info:

Character hidden promotion

latest?cb=20140126021943

#37 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 04:11 AM

Good news! 

I got some names of my main villain. I have two or three names:

Villain name is

Also, Chatte will love this info:

Character hidden promotion

Neat ideas! :)

#38 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 05:18 PM

Neat ideas! :)

I'm debating the latter but the former may work. Maybe one of the minions will receive the name. 

latest?cb=20140126021943

#39 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 05:38 PM

I'm debating the latter but the former may work. Maybe one of the minions will receive the name. 

Taking more nods to the Tale of the Bamboo Cutter wouldn't be so bad with the former for sure, considering how many have been made in the series itself, given Orochimaru, Kusanagi itself...

#40 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 05:44 PM

Taking more nods to the Tale of the Bamboo Cutter wouldn't be so bad with the former for sure, considering how many have been made in the series itself, given Orochimaru, Kusanagi itself...

The name does acknowledge the folklore and the connection with Kaguya. Although, it doesn't sound menacing enough. But then again, maybe the actually Japanese title as my villain's name will work.

latest?cb=20140126021943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users