58 replies to this topic

#21 zig-zag-zombies

zig-zag-zombies

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:03 PM

This chapter was fantastic. After reading the previous one, I was ridiculously excited to read 440 when it came out today.

It was really touching to see tears in Naruto's eyes when he realized that Minato is his father. I also really liked how he was angry - I think that it was a very human reaction, something that is needed to make a story feel real. Honestly, I don't feel that Minato will have a new place in the manga. I think that he placed a bit of his will within Naruto, but not his actual self. Personally, I feel that Minato is still dead. The older generation is disappearing, not coming back.

The father-son moments were very touching, and I really enjoyed seeing them. I have to say that I am still extremely curious about Kushina, but I'm not sure that those questions will ever really be answered.

It really freaked me out to see the Fox manifesting itself, so it's great to see Naruto back as himself in the fight - not to mention he's got a whole new will to fight! I do wonder where Sakura is during all of this, but I'm sure we'll see soon enough.

All in all, I think it was a great chapter!

#22 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Mar 19 2009, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uh... I think the library is destroyed just as the other buildings. I thought it will be possible for everyone to access the library if Naruto's heritage/or the secrets of the Uchiha will come up before the big finale come up in the past but then Pain had to come in and destory everything in sight.

In the Gaara rescue Arc is seemed to me that Sakura had learned a lot about some of the history behind Konoha. Things that most people in the village did not know. I did not mean to say that they would find all the details in the library. More or less that she knows of sources or resources that may help him piece things together. Think of the movie National Treasure. Just because clues are in plain sight does not necessarily mean everyone will understand what it means. And as Tsunade's pupil, she may have access to areas that the rest of the village does not have. Granted Konoha will be in rebuilding mode, there would still be opportunities if Tsunade and the older generation feel it is in his best interest to not know about his past.

Edited by Chivalrysae, 19 March 2009 - 10:29 PM.

#23 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:30 PM

Re-read this chapter a few times, I'm kinda teary at the father-son moments.

What cracked me up was Kyuubi being treated some housepet that just peed on the carpet. If the fox can grab Naruto to possess him, why not grab Minato and tear him apart? XD

#24 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Mar 19 2009, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Re-read this chapter a few times, I'm kinda teary at the father-son moments.

What cracked me up was Kyuubi being treated some housepet that just peed on the carpet. If the fox can grab Naruto to possess him, why not grab Minato and tear him apart? XD

I know. Kyuubi was treated from the great superior being to a mere housepet XDDDD

Kyuubi: RAAAAWWWWR!!!!! C'mon here, 4th so I can kill you for putting me in this MF-ing cage!!!

Minato: Please be quiet! Can't you see I'm talking to my son here.

Oh the lulz XDDDD

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#25 Orenji

Orenji

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:27 PM

I know he's just a manga character, but is anyone else just... overwhelmingly happy that Naruto now finally knows who his dad? I'm just so happy for him!

I didn't seem that rushed to me cause of the fact that Naruto was in the middle of a fight and Yondy came from a seal. I dont exactly think they would have been able to talk over tea. But wow! Yeah, I got a little teary-eyed from their talk. I'm just so happy!!

I sooo so so so can't wait for this episode. Can you just imagine how dramatic it will look when the 8-tails disappears and Pain to see Naruto standing there in sage mode looking f***ing bad ass?! I can't wait.

Excellent chapter!!

#26 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE (Orenji @ Mar 19 2009, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know he's just a manga character, but is anyone else just... overwhelmingly happy that Naruto now finally knows who his dad? I'm just so happy for him!

I know, this is the first time since the Chapter where Naruto learned that Jiraiya was dead that I actually cried a little.

uc.png

#27 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:35 AM

This chapter was quite heart warming, and how Naruto so easily shrugged off his burden saying, "I'm the son of Yondaime, I can take it" really makes me smile. Such a typical statement from our fav blond.

I'm intrigued though, Yondaime said he sealed 'half' of Kyuubi's chakra in Naruto. The other half? Might have misread it or sth, but meh.

Also, Naruto's back to Sage form. Can we finally see Pein get his ass kicked into the ground once and for all...?

Hm, looking forward to the next one now, heh.
You try to know everything , yet in the end, you truly understand nothing ....
Wilson's fanfic account : weixuan18

Witness teh awesomness that is Deidara Lover!!! <3

#28 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:39 AM

Easily my favorite part of the entire chapter.

Also, is Naruto completely healed from going eight tails? He was wrecked when he went four tails, so isn't having gone eight gonna be twice as worse?

#29 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE (True @ Mar 19 2009, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also, is Naruto completely healed from going eight tails? He was wrecked when he went four tails, so isn't having gone eight gonna be twice as worse?

I'm thinking Catsi has a theory about that here. I don't know it's possible but it does made sense.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#30 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (Verilance @ Mar 19 2009, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe it is because he was a projection set up before he died to assist Naruto if he ever was close to releasing kyuubi thus only had a limited amount of chakra to begin with.

or maybe it was like this

half of minato's soul went with Kyuubi's yin chakra into Naruto and half went into the death god it was all explained sort of how the jutsu worked when Sandiame fought Orochimaru (though thats seems like an eternity ago now) After all only a bit of Orochimaru's soul got taken up by the jutsu so maybe Yondiame got the death god to split his soul in half too as well as Kyuubi's

anyway that is my crack theory anyone else wanna have a go?

Interesting... i may have to think likewise, thanks for giving some insight.

Hehe I've punched my father before and it didn't end so nicely.

#31 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE (Orenji @ Mar 19 2009, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't seem that rushed to me cause of the fact that Naruto was in the middle of a fight and Yondy came from a seal. I dont exactly think they would have been able to talk over tea. But wow! Yeah, I got a little teary-eyed from their talk. I'm just so happy!!

I sooo so so so can't wait for this episode. Can you just imagine how dramatic it will look when the 8-tails disappears and Pain to see Naruto standing there in sage mode looking f***ing bad ass?! I can't wait.

Excellent chapter!!

agreed, it was touching happy.gif

#32 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE (True @ Mar 20 2009, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah that was one of my favourite parts too, it was nice to see Naruto didn't go all mushy and forgave him without some sort of retribution.

I think Catsi is correct in that it does have something to do with the Natural Chakra he gathers when in Sage mode, maybe it works as a purification filter for the Poisonous Kyuubi Chakra, so it can heal him without harming him? Also when in Sage Mode Naruto is multiple times stronger and his pain threshhold increase too, remember when he completed his training and fell off the needle point down a hundred plus feet and didn't get hurt at all?

What I want to know is how he got into Sage Mode in the first place? Didn't he need the summoning scroll to call on his last Sage Clone? Then how did he summon it, or did he go into deep meditation to gather Natural Chakra around him and the Clone is still at Mount M?

Well next week will be interesting, will Naruto destroy Pein, or forgive him, will he discover the answer to Pein's question? And will the Search team find Negato and Konon?

iAnby7W.gif

#33 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:58 AM

It reminds me of a certain ghost lion from a certain movie, that's for sure. Motivators aren't really that funny, or well done btw....

#34 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:10 AM

This chapter was very heartfelt. I also feel it was a tad rushed, but a multi-chapter-long chat could have dragged out (thinks of Madara narrating Konoha's past and Itachi's life). Seeing Naruto hesitting between happiness and anger was nice.

My biggest gripe, of course, is Kushina wasn't mentioned. Wasn't Naruto feeling curious about his mother? Or was he so confused he forgot about that?

Maybe Kishimoto is keeping Kushina like a card he'll use in other moment.

And indeed, Minato told nothing about he hoping Kushina raised him. Probably it means he knows she's dead as well.

By the way, notice how Hinata never was mentioned. They mentioned Konoha's ruin and Jiraiya's death between Naruto's grievances, but neither of them spoke about Hinata. I'm not trying suggesting Naruto doesn't feel guilty or sorrowful about it, but it cements my belief it was the final straw and not the sole trigger.

I'm puzzled about Naruto being completely healed right now, but perhaps Catsi's explanation may be good. I could shout: "Oh, no, now Sakura won't be able heal him again!", because if I had to look in each event from a "How this can help or further my favorite pairing?" perspective, I'd gone crazy (like most pairing tards). Kishimoto doesn't like to repeat scenes, and we don't know how it'll play out, so speculating it's a waste of time.

I wonder if in the next chapter we'll see Sakura, either reaching Hinata or realizing the fox's burning chakra no longer lingers on the atmosphere.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#35 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:03 AM

I have to say I greatly enjoyed this chapter, and I was surprised to see it so early. I came back home from the hospital, expecting it to be out today, but there it was. I guess the hype made the scans come faster, and the chapter was probably easier to clean than usual with less lines to redraw.

I'm happy for Naruto though. He even got to talk to his father after his death, and got to call himself someone's son. I think that would be a big deal for him, and now that he knows who's legacy he has to live up to, he'll start to kick ass.

Anyone else feel a tear threaten to blow through when Naruto called himself weak and stupid? I was all "LOL, remember that one time you threw that huge assed summon?"

#36 Hak

Hak

Turmion kätilö

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:46 PM

For a first time in a long time there is a situation where Naruto can be for a little while truly happy, at least there aren't any big misfortunes waiting to come true, well Danzo, but he's a small fly. Well I mean that in the second part there have been alvays something wery bad coming up when Naruto has managed to gain some happines, like Jirayas death when he had just managed to defeat Kakuzu and so on..
Trust me, I'm an engineer!

#37 roninmedia

roninmedia

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:21 PM

I'm getting the rushed feeling in terms of revelations in the previous chapters. sad.gif

And if Minato could have just reinforced the seal back to it's normal state if times got that desperate, what about the key?

#38 Shadow-kun

Shadow-kun

Sage Wolf

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (roninmedia @ Mar 20 2009, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And if Minato could have just reinforced the seal back to it's normal state if times got that desperate, what about the key?

I think him appearing and reinforcing the seal was a one time only last defense kinda solution that he built into the seal.

Edited by Shadow-kun, 20 March 2009 - 01:33 PM.

Visit my cute Dragons!

Spreading the Horoism!

#39 roninmedia

roninmedia

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE (Shadow-kun @ Mar 20 2009, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think him appearing and reinforcing the seal was a one time only last defense kinda solution that he built into the seal.

I know but it can be like, Minato reinforced the seal to such a point that we can skip the key training arc and etc.

#40 Cali

Cali

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:18 PM

Yeah, that was a bit hurried; good job spending all those chapters on Uchihas & not on interesting people, Kishi. Still, everything got expressed which was needed to be expressed, even if it wasn't everything that could have been looked at. Minato is dead, he really ought to stay dead.

So, yeah, where's the other half of the Kyuubi? and was that a clone or did he really suimmon himself from the shinigami's stomach ( I'm tending towards the latter ).

Some hilarious panels, specially that last one of Naruto looking up like he broke his neck...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users