• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#21 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:40 AM

Whoa, I see a Yondaime! Papa Blondie's made his appearance, and I definitely wasn't expecting to see him there. wow.png

I guess it's time for a father-son chat for Naruto, huh? As Smiter said, maybe we'll find out what happened to Kushina as well. happy.gif

#22 EarthBorn

EarthBorn

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:&gt;Science! and the Tech stuff. <br />&gt;Music (I do the Guitar, occasional Keyboard and Lyrics writing for a school band I'm a part of)<br />&gt;Writing<br />&gt;Gaming <br />&gt;One thousand other stuff...

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:35 AM

This was just *PURE BRILLIANCE*.

Kyuubi. 8 Tails. Unbelievable. Seriously.

Minato seemed to be surprisingly calm...does he know why his son has gone 8-tails? Does he know about Akatsuki? Madara?

We'll find out. Yamato's going to be in for a shock.

BTW, The Sage of Six Paths created The moon??? We're approaching (although nowhere near) DBZ power levels here. biggrin.gif

Edited by EarthBorn, 13 March 2009 - 10:35 AM.

#23 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:59 AM

Man, Pein has really been doing some major landscaping in Konoha. Rebuilding after this is going to be a major endeavor, if they're going to at all. A part of me wonders if Konoha's destruction is only the start and we will eventually see the other Hidden Villages fall. I only say that because Madara is out there somewhere and who knows what's going through his mind.

In two or so years when this arc becomes animated. It. Will. Rock!

I have a feeling that Nagato's mentioning of the Sage of the Six Paths will come back later. Chekov's law anyone?
End of line.

#24 Nawheetos

Nawheetos

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:33 PM

Excuse me while I peel myself off the ceiling omfg.gif

I can't wait for next Friday. Here's hoping the mini-moon falls on Nagato's stupid head.

#25 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:52 PM

Wow..................
holy mercy of all that is holy, this arc has been just one epic cliffy after epic cliffy!

Score cards will be need to sum this arc up in the end.

anyway, the Kyuubi offers to take away Naruto's pain by destroying all that hurts him, and finally, Pein looks shocked! I think the crap is about to hit the fan all around.

as for Konoha, I doubt they will even try to fill in that crater, If there is a "future" arc at the end of the manga, i think it will so a expaned village surrounding a lake. Though if there is going to be any major showing of Iwa in the manga, I bet it would be soon 'cause the state konoha is in.
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

#26 TheBugNinja

TheBugNinja

Sasuke's mortal enemy

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:anime, basketball, and writing.

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:06 PM

Beautiful chapter, really. It was a story in itself.

I think when you're a kid there's always a time like that for everyone where you're frustrated and looking for answers...I really couldn't have pictured a better scenario for Naruto to meet his dad for the first time.

Oh, and on a completely unrelated note, I'm now %100 sure on my previous theory that the 9-tails is going to prove too strong for even pain to control...he's going to turn to sasuke. Bet on it.

Edited by Derock, 13 March 2009 - 01:25 PM.
Try not to double post next time. ~Derock

I'm not cynical- I'm right.

#27 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (TheBugNinja @ Mar 13 2009, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think when you're a kid there's always a time like that for everyone where you're frustrated and looking for answers...I really couldn't have pictured a better scenario for Naruto to meet his dad for the first time.

All they'd need is a few ninja who can perform earth style jutsu to level the crater...

#28 Shadow-kun

Shadow-kun

Sage Wolf

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:24 PM

OMG! This was epic! Can't wait to see what will Minato say to Naruto next week! a_spaz.gif

Visit my cute Dragons!

Spreading the Horoism!

#29 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:52 PM

I almost forgot to add this to my previous post, as we know, Jiraiya said Minato only sealed the Yang Chakra inside Naruto. But what about the Yin? If I'm correct Jiraiya said it was sealed inside the Death God. But, according to some people, it may not even be inside the Death God after all. It might be sealed somewhere else. (my guess is that the Toad key holds the answer). Now, if the Toad key has the Yin Chakra then that means when Naruto wants to complete "that jutsu" he'll have to add the Yin chakra. Now, here's my theory... if Minato himself sealed a part of his soul in Naruto, what about Kushina? it could be possible that Kushina asked Minato to seal a part of her soul as well. But instead of being inside Naruto, she's sealed inside Toad key along with the Yin Chakra. So, if that's true then that means we'll see a touching tear-jerker family reunion wow.png shamefulcry0js.gif when Naruto tries to complete "that jutsu"

Edited by Newkerz, 13 March 2009 - 01:53 PM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#30 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 04:04 PM

Absolutely beautiful chapter - I don't know about you guys, but the graphics in this chapter just blew me away! The eight tails and Naruto's seal bleeding were completely made of win, and is nothing but eye candy to me. ^__^

Simply cannot wait to see Naruto's reaction next chapter, and to see if Kushina's fate is FINALLY mentioned!

And yes, I really want to see Sasuke's face when he FINALLY shows up at Konoha and sees not only that there's only a few craters where Konoha used to be and a gigantic raging 8-tailed Kyuubi.
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#31 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (TheBugNinja @ Mar 13 2009, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

agreed, cant wait to see some quality Father-Son time happy.gif

#32 Nawheetos

Nawheetos

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Mar 13 2009, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I almost forgot to add this to my previous post, as we know, Jiraiya said Minato only sealed the Yang Chakra inside Naruto. But what about the Yin? If I'm correct Jiraiya said it was sealed inside the Death God. But, according to some people, it may not even be inside the Death God after all. It might be sealed somewhere else. (my guess is that the Toad key holds the answer). Now, if the Toad key has the Yin Chakra then that means when Naruto wants to complete "that jutsu" he'll have to add the Yin chakra. Now, here's my theory... if Minato himself sealed a part of his soul in Naruto, what about Kushina? it could be possible that Kushina asked Minato to seal a part of her soul as well. But instead of being inside Naruto, she's sealed inside Toad key along with the Yin Chakra. So, if that's true then that means we'll see a touching tear-jerker family reunion wow.png shamefulcry0js.gif when Naruto tries to complete "that jutsu"

That part of the manga really confused me - I hope it's explained better soon! Seeing as at the beginning its said Yondaime wanted Naruto to be seen as a hero for containing the kyuubi, when Jiraiya said the sole reason for sealing the Yang half into Naruto was so he could possess the kyuubi's chakra it didn't make perfect sense (unless there's some not-whole-truths going on somewhere). Jiraiya said only the Yin half was sealed with shiki fuuin - but does that mean it isn't in Naruto (in which case how can he only contain half the kyuubi?!) or just that the yin and yang halves are under different seals? I thought they were both contained within Naruto, partly because the seal on Naruto's stomache is similar if not the same as the one that appeared on sandaime, but I could be wrong... Yondaime please explain now!!

Unless Kishi forgot what he said before, in which case, feel free to make it up as you go along biggrin.gif

Also, when he appeared I figured it was more of a shadow-clone-esque Yondaime attached to the seal rather than the actual soul of the Fourth - but that was just my assumption and I really have no idea happy.gif

#33 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 04:48 PM

Holy kittene, it really is quite the excitement for both of the top shounen jumps. The chapter was awesome, with the breaking of Pain's technique and the fact that Naruto is finally going to realize he is royalty, not to mention we came to the very tips of Kyuubi being released, for a second I actually though it would happen. I can't wait to see what Minato is going to say though.

#34 Grizzly1

Grizzly1

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 04:58 PM

one bright side... They'll have to give Minato a voice in the anime now!

hopefully the current filler won't push away to many naruto fans that it ends up being canceled. I'm afraid that if they continue to pump out such utter crap viz will stop the anime before it gets to naruto Vs Pein fight.
Either way i m glad i read and watch as this chapter was epitasticle

#35 Shadow Legend

Shadow Legend

I must destroy all the evil the Prof. has created

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:I am the legend...

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:23 PM

arg.gif

Kishimoto and his cliffhangers...
I am the legend...

[/spoiler]
Internal Mistakes Suck --Click here to view--
[spoiler=Internal Mistakes Suck]

Do Not!!!!! go to this site unless you are not afraid of

Death by theTails Doll Can You Feel the Sunshine...
A True Story --Click here to view--

A True Story

A teenage girl about 17 named Diane had gone to visit some friends one evening and time passed quickly as each shared their various experiences of the past year. She ended up staying longer than planned, and had to walk home alone. She wasn't afraid because it was a small town and she lived only a few blocks away.

As she walked along under the tall elm trees, Diane asked God to keep her safe from harm and danger. When she reached the alley, which was a short cut to her house, she decided to take it. However, halfway down the alley she noticed a man standing at the end as though he were waiting for her. She became uneasy and began to pray, asking for God's protection. Instantly a comforting feeling of quietness and security wrapped round her, she felt as though someone was walking with her. When she reached the end of the alley, she walked right past the man and arrived home safely.

The following day, she read in the newspaper that a young girl had been raped in the same alley just twenty minutes after she had been there. Feeling overwhelmed by this tragedy and the fact that it could have been her, she began to weep. Thanking the Lord for her safety and to help this young woman, she decided to go to the police station. She felt she could recognize the man, so she told them her story. The police asked her if she would be willing to look at a lineup to see if she could identify him. She agreed and immediately pointed out the man she had seen in the alley the night before. When the man was told he had been identified, he immediately broke down and confessed. The officer thanked Diane for her bravery and asked if there was anything they could do for her. She asked if they would ask the man one question. Diane was curious as to why he had not attacked her. When the policeman asked him, he answered, "Because she wasn't alone. She had two tall men walking on either side of her." Amazingly, whether you believe or not, you're never alone. Did you know that 98 percent of teenagers will not stand up for God, and 93 percent of the people that read this won’t repost it?

Repost this if you truly believe in
God.

Chuck Norris facts --Click here to view--
Human cloning is outlawed because if Chuck Norris were cloned, then it would be possible for a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick to meet another chuck Norris roundhouse kick. Physicists theorize that this contact would end the universe.

Someone once tried to tell Chuck Norris that roundhouse kicks aren't the best way to kick someone. This has been recorded by historians as the worst mistake anyone has ever made.

NaruSaku Fanfiction
M-Rated NaruSaku
NaruSaku Tragedies
The NaruSaku C2
M-Rated J/A
M-Rated Kingdom Hearts
Shadow the Hegdehog 07
lem
NaruIno
DP
DP2
Kyuubi Gift ch:1
Kyuubi Gift ch:2
Kyuubi Gift ch:3
Kyuubi Gift ch:4
Kyuubi Gift ch:5
Kyuubi Gift ch:6
Kyuubi Gift ch:7
Kyuubi Gift ch:8
Kyuubi Gift ch:9
Kyuubi Gift ch:10
Kyuubi Gift ch:11
Kyuubi Gift ch:12
Kyuubi Gift ch:13
Bs
Bp ch:1
Bp ch:2
Bp ch:3
Bp ch:4
Bp ch:5
Bp ch:6
Bp ch:7
Bp ch:8
Bp ch:9
Bp ch:10
Bp ch:11
Bp ch:12
Bp ch:13
Bp ch:14
Bp ch:15
Bp ch:16
Bp ch:17
Lc
Uzumaki Naruto ch:1
Uzumaki Naruto: ch:2
UN: ch:3
UN:ch:4
UN:ch:5
UN ch:6
UN ch:7
UN ch:8
UN ch:9
UN ch:10
UN ch:11
Un ch:12
BP
Sakura's Choice
I'll won't let you go Sakura
I will Believe ch:1
I will Believe ch:2
I will Believe ch:3
I Will believe ch:4
I Will Believe ch:5
I Will Believe ch:6
I Will Believe ch:7
Ch:8
Never Let Go
EP ch:1
EP ch:2
Ep ch:3
Ep ch:4
Ep ch:5
Sacrifice
LW
LW 2
Above and Beyond
Nothing Last Forever
NLF Ch:2
NLF Ch:3
I Do ch:1
I Do ch:2
I Do ch:3
I Do ch:4
I Do ch:5
I Do ch:6
I Do ch:7
I Do ch:8
I Do ch:9
I Do ch:10
Get Glory in this hand ch:1
Get Glory in this hand ch:2
Get Glory in this hand ch:3
What if ch:1
What if ch:2
What if ch:3
What if ch:4
What if ch:5
WHAT IF CH:6
What if ch:7
What if ch:8
What if ch:9
What If ch:10
What if ch:11
What if ch:12
What if ch:13
Only Going Up
My Downfall a JN story
Girls are Wired ch:1
GAW ch:2
GAW ch:3
GAW ch:4
GAW ch:5
GAW ch:6
GAW ch:7
GAW ch:8
GAW ch:9
UTU CH:1
UTU ch:2
UTU ch:3
UTU ch:4

#36 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:24 PM

I can't wait till they finally get to animating this! It's going to be epic. They should make this part into a movie, it'd be even more epic!

I've also been thinking about whether Naruto will find out about his true relationship with Jiraiya. How he's not just Naruto's pervy sensei, but also his Godfather. And following the Pein aftermath, I wonder if he will reveal his father to Sakura. Could this be an epic NaruSaku moment in the making?

#37 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:45 AM

Out of all the most plausible guardians (dead or alive, flashbacks or not) to appear to reinstate confidence back to Naruto, I didn't even consider Minato to reappear in that crucial moment.... Kudos to Kishi. Hopefully the next chapter or so reveals a few quirks that Minato may or may not have, after all, the father of Naruto isn't all just calm, collected, and a seal master. Yes, I know Naruto got his attitude from his mother, but it'd be nice to get to know Minato more.

#38 Cali

Cali

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 02:30 AM

Um, wow; that came out of left-field. And, wow, again. Got to love a chapter that makes you say "woah, that was so cool" at the end... keep it coming Kishi, your karma is on the rise again.

Lol, The village hidden in the Pit. Even the Hokage heads are gone, it seems. I also can't wait for Sasuke to turn up & see that... what's he gonna try & kill next?

So, guess Kakashi really is dead, but this is a far more dramatic way of Naruto finding out, is it not?

#39 Orenji

Orenji

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 03:46 AM

AHH! OHMYGOD I hate it when he ends a chapter like that!

This chapter was AMAZING. I saw the spoilers, but I still didn't really expect that! 8 tails, holy wow.

On a little side note, am I the only one who thought of a striptease when Naruto ripped off his shirt like that... hahaha. And no one cares about Hinata now haha, its nice.

I'm counting the days for the next chapter!

#40 pal2002

pal2002

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 04:33 AM

Epic stuff. I'm not a yondaime fan but still, him in the flesh sure surprised me.
NF had a 'yondaime temple' forum for a while, lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users