LiveChat: Temporarily Closed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
91 replies to this topic

#1 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:26 AM

The LiveChat chatroom is temporarily closed to all members except for Administrators and Moderators.

No one is allowed to enter, until it has been officially re-opened to the rest of the boards.

Thank You.

#2 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 19 March 2007 - 01:53 PM

Oo, no wonder a password box showed up :X.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#3 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 19 March 2007 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 19 2007, 02:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The LiveChat chatroom is temporarily closed to all members except for Administrators and Moderators.

No one is allowed to enter, until it has been officially re-opened to the rest of the boards.

Thank You.

Ok question...

Is there problems, bugs, etc. on the LC?

Just being curious thats all happy.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#4 PhantomNinja

PhantomNinja

Crazy little brunette

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:drawing, reading, writting, cooking... (i have a lot of 'ings')

Posted 19 March 2007 - 02:56 PM

*blinks* Somethings wrong with Live Chat?

#5 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 19 March 2007 - 03:25 PM

For now, the Admins have decided to close Live Chat while we decide on its future.

The issues are not technical, it is in perfect working order. But, over the past few months, we have seen some situations involving members (nobody specific, and I do not wish to see any finger-pointing) that have made us extremely concerned.

So, please wait for any further announcements from us.

Thanks for your patience.

#6 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 03:35 PM

That's a problem all chat rooms have. You have to have at least one moderator in the chat room at all times; otherwise things will get out of hand.

It's the same with any online community, especially the forums.

#7 Silent Shinobi

Silent Shinobi

Tatsumaru of the Cloud

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 03:43 PM

True Magus, but things were relatively peaceful in FC. I can't help but feel partly responsible. I was in two asanine arguments lately. *sigh*. I know you said no finger-pointing Smiter, but does that count when you point a finger at yourself?

#8 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (Silent Shinobi @ Mar 19 2007, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
True Magus, but things were relatively peaceful in FC. I can't help but feel partly responsible. I was in two asanine arguments lately. *sigh*. I know you said no finger-pointing Smiter, but does that count when you point a finger at yourself?

Yeah, I was in one argument with SB, but I apologized for that.

Oh woe is us :[.

#9 Angel

Angel

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Video Games, Magic the Gathering, eating healthy and exercising.

Posted 19 March 2007 - 03:58 PM

The FC has been good getting the members to know each other on a closer basis, something the Forum itself couldnt provide that well, but with that also come the classes of likes and dislikes in heated discussionas that get out of hand, This is what is problably being talked about by the Mods, weighing the pros and cons and then making the decision of is the FC worth it. Not just that either but someone must be paying a pretty penny for the FC, so Im thanking whoever (I've been told it was Smiter) for letting us have it so far.

((for those who dont know I have this strange thing of calling the Live Chat, Flash Chat which is represented by "FC" ))

#10 Myrkr

Myrkr

Havoc♥

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 07:03 PM

Are we really that immature here? I mean I don't see how someone can take such offence to something, this is the 'internets' people if your all serious this isn't your place. Trolls run rampant, emos are everywhere, its not like your the only one thats suffered in this world. I've known a lot of "trolls" to be some of the least secure people I've known and thats okay because they get over it and just have fun like the internet is for. Suck it up buttercup and talk it out, if you can't then ignore them like everyone else would. They're not even worth your time in that case. To the people that stirred this stuff, watch what you say, not everyone has the same experience as everyone else, though I wish they did in some cases.

I'm seriously disappointed by this. I hate this stuff.

Forum Maturity -1

#11 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (Historic @ Mar 19 2007, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are we really that immature here? I mean I don't see how someone can take such offence to something, this is the 'internets' people if your all serious this isn't your place. Trolls run rampant, emos are everywhere, its not like your the only one thats suffered in this world. I've known a lot of "trolls" to be some of the least secure people I've known and thats okay because they get over it and just have fun like the internet is for. Suck it up buttercup and talk it out, if you can't then ignore them like everyone else would. They're not even worth your time in that case. To the people that stirred this stuff, watch what you say, not everyone has the same experience as everyone else, though I wish they did in some cases.

I'm seriously disappointed by this. I hate this stuff.

Forum Maturity -1

It's more of the chat problem than the forum. Forums are easily moderated, as mods can delete and/or edit posts that people make. You can't change what people write in chat. Not everyones views are the same here, so some discussions will get heated. Some people, can't hold back what they say sometimes.

#12 Myrkr

Myrkr

Havoc♥

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 07:22 PM

Everyone in that chat is from this forum, and they should learn or lifes really going to be a b*tch to them.

#13 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (Historic @ Mar 19 2007, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Everyone in that chat is from this forum, and they should learn or lifes really going to be a ***** to them.

lol

Well, that's the problem for people in the real world to. It's the real world that influences their behavior.

#14 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 07:42 PM

Well geez...with this news and Ash leaving, I've become really confused. I've always seen this place as one of the friendliest I've ever been to. It's one of the reasons I'm here; people on other forums tick me off =/ But I've never seen any of these heated arguments or whatever is going on, everyone is always having a good time whenever I'm in LC, and apparently this has been been going on for a few months?? :blink:

#15 Silent Shinobi

Silent Shinobi

Tatsumaru of the Cloud

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (Historic @ Mar 19 2007, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Everyone in that chat is from this forum, and they should learn or lifes really going to be a b*tch to them.

Well, my sentiments exactly. But many here are young, immature, or simply haven't learned that life lesson yet. What can you do, y'know?

#16 Myrkr

Myrkr

Havoc♥

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (Silent Shinobi @ Mar 19 2007, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, my sentiments exactly. But many here are young, immature, or simply haven't learned that life lesson yet. What can you do, y'know?

Beat it into them. :devil:

#17 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:09 PM

Well....the chat closing is a shocker. D=

...since the chat is closed... PSO anyone? XDD!!

#18 PhantomNinja

PhantomNinja

Crazy little brunette

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:10 PM

I guess it's a double edged sword, like anything else. On one hands, LC was fun and lets people become closer, but also leaves room for hurt...

What to do? *sigh* there's probably no direct way to approach this, the two extremes would either be a ) putting it back up without any modification and b ) taking it down permenantly.

Age limits are unfair and don't work because although a person may be younger or older, their level of maturity cannot be determined by their age...

Good luck to the mods as to how to resolve this issue.

#19 krazzedkyubbi

krazzedkyubbi

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:NaruxSaku just meant to be, my Brittney-chan, bowling, great friends, hanging out, and krazee music. My interest also include getting to know weirdos like me!

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:55 PM

This reminds me of grade school, punish the class from the actions of a few. The real reason the LC is closed is because of the gaps in maturity in our members and the absense of Ms. Riot. Historic is right, life is not all peaches and cream. Members will have arguments and feelings may get hurt. This is were the moderators step in and ban them from the LC for a determined period of time to cool themselves off. If it continues then you ban them for good. I mean that is the moderators job correct? My point is don't punish the whole because of the actions of the few moderators.

#20 PhantomNinja

PhantomNinja

Crazy little brunette

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (krazzedkyubbi @ Mar 19 2007, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This reminds me of grade school, punish the class from the actions of a few. The real reason the LC is closed is because of the gaps in maturity in our members and the absense of Ms. Riot. Historic is right, life is not all peaches and cream. Members will have arguments and feelings may get hurt. This is were the moderators step in and ban them from the LC for a determined period of time to cool themselves off. If it continues then you ban them for good. I mean that is the moderators job correct? My point is don't punish the whole because of the actions of the few moderators.

Agreed. I can't count how many times in middle school I had to sit in an assigned seat because a few tables at lunch were being to loud and obnoxious, the teachers decided to punish the whole, and it made me miserable.

Perhaps just leave LC down for a few weeks or so? If there's somebody SPECIFIC causing trouble, than those people should be punished... ah... what am I saying? (is being a stuck up mod wannabe)

But krazzedkyubbi does have a point, and so does everyone in here who makes sugestions... I think we can make this WORK, we just have to suport the mods desicions and hope for the best.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users