H&E Upgrade on 21/06/2006

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

#1 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 17 June 2006 - 09:29 PM

As you will already have read in the announcement above, the Heaven & Earth boards will be upgraded. smile.gif

So what does the upgrade entail? Well, a variety of things; here is a short summary:

Board upgraded to 2.1.5

Because IPB no longer support this version and there were many excellent features available for the newer 2.1.5 board, we have decided to upgrade. There are many new features, most of them small, but the board should be faster and more stable. smile.gif Polls, topics, posting have been overhauled for ease of use.

The upgraded boards will retain ALL existing features (gallery, flashchat, library) and will also contain a couple of new features, such as a Who's Online list for FlashChat so you can easily see who is chatting. smile.gif

Gallery upgraded to 2.0.7

Because of the board being upgraded, the Gallery will also be upgraded. The most apparent difference is its new visual layout, for example the latest image will be thumbnailed in the description of each gallery on the list, rather than just at the bottom of the page.

Subgalleries are also tucked away into a drop-down menu by each gallery's title for much neater organisation.

Artists do not need to worry, all existing artwork already in the gallery will survive the upgrade. happy.gif

New Rules

We have spent time rewriting and reorganising the rules, and the new rules will be published when the boards are upgraded.

The reason we have redone the rules is because we wanted to make sure they were watertight, and we will be strictly enforcing them. The biggest change you may see will be the use of warning bars, which shall be visible to everyone. They appear under your avatar in your posts and profile. All the mods and admins will use that warning bar for moderating and delivering penalties.

Most of you will have no need to worry. smile.gif We just want to ensure the board will be a place where you can all relax and enjoy yourselves, and the new rules are geared towards making the place more friendly.

So, when the new rules are published, please take a few minutes to read them. happy.gif

New Help and Guides section

This will be placed inside the news and rules forum and will consist of FAQs and guides to using the various features on the board, such as the Library. happy.gif

We want to help everyone get the very best out of the boards!

New Privileges

This will come soon after the upgrade, but we are working on a plan where regulars can enjoy new things the longer they remain on the boards. smile.gif For example, people who have settled into the community can enter contests. There will also be one or two privileges that members who have been on these boards for a long time (and truly become part of the community) can look forward to.

And lastly...

Contest!

The mods of H&E have been planning a contest for months, details of which will be revealed sometime after the upgrade. smile.gif This is a contest where you can actually win prizes, and a contest which we hope everyone will enjoy, even if they are not taking part!

This is only a brief round-up of what we have so far. We are definitely planning more things, such as a graphical overhaul which will come after we are sure the new board has settled down.

We hope that the upgrade will make the board a better place and that you will enjoy them. smile.gif

#2 Toa

Toa

Shota shota night fever~

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:Computer, anime, music, drawing, arts, literature...a lot XD Neil~

Posted 18 June 2006 - 04:36 AM

Okies! Thanks for the announcement and good luck!

#3 Memories

Memories

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 06:53 PM

Ooohhh...I've been gone without internet a little over two weeks...on vacation and to Girls State. Now I'm back only to have H&E temporary close in a couple of days.... :shamefulcry0js: .....How long will the upgrading take?
Just to say hi and I'm not dead
I only forgot to write sooner...but my memory is so very bad
Funny I should say that and still so very young...while my name may be Memories...all it means is "I'm sunk."
Now I sit here...with a migraine in my head...instead of posting this signature...I've saved it instead.

and my banner says, "Sealed at birth...to hold Kyubi's wrath...only to be shun...abandoned...and laughed at...Dreaming of a future worth living...he wants to be Hokage,...the largest goal of any ninja...This is his journey... from beginning...to end...He's Naruto...a fighter among men.

#4 cherry_bubblegum

cherry_bubblegum

LeeTen! W00t!

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:Anime, FFXII, anything Japanese(minus the food), drawing

Posted 18 June 2006 - 08:22 PM

Contests?! a_spaz.gif YAY!What kind of contests?...wait,nevermind,you can't realease details yet...but would it be with,like,actual "real" prizes?Or would it just move your rank up or something like that?Whoohoo,excitement!

#5 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 09:00 PM

The upgrade should be complete ... or at least enough for Heaven & Earth to be up and running ... by the end of Wednesday. After all, we wouldn't want to be shut down when the latest chapter of the manga comes out.

#6 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 18 June 2006 - 10:09 PM

Wow, prizes and contests! Is it a real prize? Or a special privilege?

#7 tangerine_fever

tangerine_fever

T to the A to the N-C-H-A-N iiiiit's TAN CHAN!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 01:10 AM

cooool...yeah I have the same question, is the prize 'real' 'real' as in, gets sent to us, or an online prize?

#8 Pocky-chan

Pocky-chan

Cavelady from 2005 or something

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
  • Interests:William Riker and his beard

Posted 19 June 2006 - 02:04 AM

Well I bow to thee, hail the mods! Er... I mean Anbus and Hokages! I bow to thee!

Prizes! w00t.gif

#9 ForgottenChuunin

ForgottenChuunin

The check should be in the mail.

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime, Manga, Video Games, Science, Mathematics

Posted 19 June 2006 - 02:04 AM

A rank up sounds cool for the forum. What would they give us for a prize? Maybe like we decide what they want us to draw for artwork or something like that. That sounds like a good prize.

#10 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 19 June 2006 - 03:20 AM

Yes, the prize for the contest will be a real prize that we will mail to the winner(s) happy.gif

We will also be granting special privilages to members who meet certain requirements happy.gif

#11 ForgottenChuunin

ForgottenChuunin

The check should be in the mail.

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime, Manga, Video Games, Science, Mathematics

Posted 19 June 2006 - 06:39 AM

Nice, I'm looking forward to this upgrade.

#12 jmf

jmf

the hermit of h and e

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Interests:am a kw addict,a former h and e addict but am now an h and e hermit(lurker)

Posted 19 June 2006 - 05:23 PM

ok that's good i'm going to have work on my post's seeya when i seeya if myspace dutys don't get in the way.

2z3z1wm.gif

#13 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 02:29 AM

:blink: OOooOoOOO!!!

a_dance.gif Yay!! New ranks, prizes, and SPECIAL privledges!! Yayy!! I love this board!! a_spaz.gif a_spaz.gif w00t.gif

#14 Guest_algernon81_*

Guest_algernon81_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2006 - 03:25 AM

Wow, I only need to stop being lazy and take the time to read these announcement threads to be reminded about how great this place is.

Many thanks to all those who have worked on those upgrades!

*chants "We're not worthy!!!"

Edited by algernon81, 20 June 2006 - 03:26 AM.

#15 jmf

jmf

the hermit of h and e

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Interests:am a kw addict,a former h and e addict but am now an h and e hermit(lurker)

Posted 20 June 2006 - 02:06 PM

praise the admin and all of the mods yeah.

2z3z1wm.gif

#16 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 20 June 2006 - 06:37 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! How can i live without H&E for a day noooo i'll be dead by that time!!!!!!

Just dramatising . Do your job well and we will wait for Heave and Earth to come back!!!!!
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#17 jmf

jmf

the hermit of h and e

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 10:54 PM

you know there are other sites out there right,it's good to have a back up site ready to go and i'm really looking forward to my day off,see you all on thursday.

2z3z1wm.gif

#18 Danni

Danni

..life..hard

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 04:05 AM

So the warning thing is for what exactly?
See my say 0% is that good, Sorry i act like a preschool to computers. And i gonna miss the spiky thing's under your avatar, Cause you replaced it w/ these block's. Can you PLEASE bring back the spiky things. And what are the new ranking's gonna be?

HYPER+RANDOMNESS=ME

I be there in 2 months YAAY!

#19 Toa

Toa

Shota shota night fever~

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:Computer, anime, music, drawing, arts, literature...a lot XD Neil~

Posted 22 June 2006 - 10:53 AM

Yeah...I'm also going to miss those, because I prefer them than the blocks but good work with the update! I like this site better than before!!! wub.gif

And weeeee!!!! Prizes! I hope I'll win one! w00t.gif

#20 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE (TennisWeird @ Jun 22 2006, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And i gonna miss the spiky thing's under your avatar, Cause you replaced it w/ these block's. Can you PLEASE bring back the spiky things.

QUOTE (Jeri-chan @ Jun 22 2006, 06:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah...I'm also going to miss those, because I prefer them than the blocks but good work with the update! I like this site better than before!!! wub.gif

And those blocks just need to be changed back into the Shurikens, which we will fix as soon as we get the chance happy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users