Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 04 November 2006 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE (Nettles @ Nov 4 2006, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Uzumaki Naruto @ Nov 4 2006, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hehe, yeah i guess it is a dead pairing imo. Now only if NxH can be destroyed, and the world will be a better place.

I say their arguement is that they matured and when they get near each other again, that love will blosom when they have to help each other get out of a like.....w/e circumstance that makes them stay together for a long time, or some crap like that.

NaruHina fans have painfully weak arguments...

I think Kishi is going to use Hinata as a tool to get Sakura to notice her feelings for Naruto. Like, Hinata gets the guts to tell Naruto her feelings, they go out, Sakura gets jealous, etc...

Though if that happens, I can see the NxH fans going "TOLD YA SO." Of course the breakup will be much sweeter then XD.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#202 Uzumaki Naruto

Uzumaki Naruto

Hokage

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (Nettles @ Nov 4 2006, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hehe, yeah i guess it is a dead pairing imo. Now only if NxH can be destroyed, and the world will be a better place.

I say their arguement is that they matured and when they get near each other again, that love will blosom when they have to help each other get out of a like.....w/e circumstance that makes them stay together for a long time, or some crap like that.

Yeah but they some what overpopulated in fandom =( or as i remmember a while back they used to be a good number of them that fought hardcore or just overpopulated Naruto fanfiction. I always got annoyed cause if i read one, it will be some reason they fall for each other for no reason, like Hinata just osme how snagged Naruto out of no where, or Naruto liked her since day one, when in the manga he barely knows who she is.

MagusKyros I so agree with you as Hinata being a tool, but im going more of the lines of
Hinata letting Sakura know what she has (when it comes to Naruto) and should not let herself be blinded. This of course will be a more emotional affect i think if its done right, pluse that elimantes Naruto dating Hinata! I dont think Naruto would be happy if he dated Hinata, he would just try to make her feel good while he becomes depressed being around her.

#203 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 12:48 AM

Uzumaki Naruto- I agree with you on what Hinata's purpose is. (That's what she does in my doujinshi. tongue.gif ) I predict much angst.

Back to the topic (It was SasuXSaku dying remember? laugh.gif )

It really needs to disappear. It's just so annoying when I go to cons and people keep telling me, "Oh! There's a Sasuke near the Game Room!" Or some such nonsense. Also, when you meet a fan of the series and you tell them that you identify with Sakura, their first thought is usually, "Oh God. A crazy immature Sasuke fangirl." Which I most certainly am NOT! mad.gif

Just the whole fanbase annoys me. I really don't see how Sakura and Sasuke can EVER get together since Sasuke left. The ideas these people come up with are so bizarre. (i.e.- Sakura gets lost from the mission in Grass country and meets up with Sasuke in his room and do the nasty.) I always tend to reply with, "WTF?" err.gif

I think the series will end with NAruXSaku or NOTHING at all. th_glomp.gif
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#204 Uzumaki Naruto

Uzumaki Naruto

Hokage

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 01:50 AM

Heheh Saku-chan! I agree with you on that it should end with NaruxSaku but as far as nothing at all....well maybe not, Kishi just may leave hints that could let you use your own imagionation to say who goes with who.
As for as SasuxSaku fanbase dieing off, i dont think that should happen, i think they maybe should be NaruxSaku fanbase but just enjoy reading fanfics of SasuxSaku, maybe like one of those people who just enjoy odd pairings ;p

This fanbase will not die completly, but they will come to the world of odd pairings such as NarutoxTemerai, we know it wont happen, but its something that is nice to read. Well at least from what i hear, im just to purely strict on NxS that i really can't enjoy other fanfics, but I will admit if its just not my taste but still good fanfiction.

As far as the manga, i think that pairing chance is dead or near dead, as far as fanbase, it may lose people from naruto, people come to acceptiance and stay with the pairing as just something they like and read fanfics about it, or they will move on to a diffrent pairing, one that is more realistic to happen in the manga or one that is not going to happen but they will enjoy it anyways, unless they fall with NxH, other wise, they will probably most likely move on to their second favorit pairing but still enjoy time to time their SxS fanfiction.

#205 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 04:32 AM

QUOTE (Nettles @ Nov 4 2006, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some do.

Some are fairly solid though. I fail to find them convincing, particularly compared to how I read the manga, but it doesn't make them wrong. Yet. B)

#206 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 05 November 2006 - 04:53 AM

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ Nov 4 2006, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some do.

Some are fairly solid though. I fail to find them convincing, particularly compared to how I read the manga, but it doesn't make them wrong. Yet. B)

That I can't agree with. Nick, i honestly haven't seen any good solid arguements for Naru/Hina, unless there is major fan interruptation. There just isn't enough substance from the manga to support it. Ok, I even though i wouldn't consider the Chunnin exam event a solid defense for it, but what else do you have? What do you have in the Rasengen arc or the Retrival of Sasuke arc. Or the arcs after the time skip?

I mean i dont' see Hinata fainting as a pro for Naru/Hina. Call me an evidence Nazi or whatever but i don't.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#207 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 12:37 AM

Uzumaki Naruto- XD You're right in saying that the fanbase won't die off. I was being too optimistic. sweatdrop.gif However, I don't think that they will totally enter the crack pairing hall of fame. They will probably just create a new catagory which they will call, 'nearly canon', along with NaruXHina fans. THta's my theory anyway.
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#208 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Nov 4 2006, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ Nov 4 2006, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some do.

That I can't agree with. Nick, i honestly haven't seen any good solid arguements for Naru/Hina, unless there is major fan interruptation. There just isn't enough substance from the manga to support it. Ok, I even though i wouldn't consider the Chunnin exam event a solid defense for it, but what else do you have? What do you have in the Rasengen arc or the Retrival of Sasuke arc. Or the arcs after the time skip?

I mean i dont' see Hinata fainting as a pro for Naru/Hina. Call me an evidence Nazi or whatever but i don't.

Well, obviously it's gotta all be centered around the chuunin exam. That's their only interaction.

The argument that I recall referred to his willingness to be emotional and share his emotions with Hinata right before his match with Neji. Simply being emotional doesn't really mean a lot for Naruto. He's shared his emotions with just about everybody in the series. But in this case, he actually admitted insecurity about his abilities and a lack of confidence. He doesn't do that around anyone else in part one. That's a bit less pertinent in part two, but she was able to cheer him up then and he's still seemed pretty down in part two. Although he was a lot better at faking in part one. I think he's out of practice or something. happy.gif

#209 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 08 November 2006 - 06:00 AM

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ Nov 7 2006, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, obviously it's gotta all be centered around the chuunin exam. That's their only interaction.

The argument that I recall referred to his willingness to be emotional and share his emotions with Hinata right before his match with Neji. Simply being emotional doesn't really mean a lot for Naruto. He's shared his emotions with just about everybody in the series. But in this case, he actually admitted insecurity about his abilities and a lack of confidence. He doesn't do that around anyone else in part one. That's a bit less pertinent in part two, but she was able to cheer him up then and he's still seemed pretty down in part two. Although he was a lot better at faking in part one. I think he's out of practice or something. happy.gif

I guess, but i think it's retarded to base a whole fan pairing and (strongly defend it as it was canon) over a five minute dialogue. Even I award SasuSaku fans more, because they do have plenty of interactions. I can see why someone would believe in a SasuSaku pairing...flawed as that vision is. But it actually has some merit.

But NaruHina, that's a pipedream even before it started. I mean there could have been a chance if the series, meaning manga, included more scenes between Naruto and Hinata, but that's it. Chunnin Exam is the creme del la creme. You don't see anything else.

But whatever man...

#210 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 03:32 PM

I'm not impressed with the arguments ... and more generally, their chances ... as a whole, but I thought that point was solid enough.

#211 Silent Shinobi

Silent Shinobi

Tatsumaru of the Cloud

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 04:11 PM

Yeah, that is a point... but touting a pairing as if it's canon over a single, solitary point or moment is pretty weak, IMO

#212 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (Silent Shinobi @ Nov 8 2006, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, that is a point... but touting a pairing as if it's canon over a single, solitary point or moment is pretty weak, IMO

Which is my point exactly. I mean all the other pairings, Tem/Shika, Ino/Shika, Sasu/Saku, Naru/Saku, Neji/Ten, Lee/Ten, (maybe) Lee/Saku, even Hina/Neji (which is circumstancial at best) they have more foundation then Naru/Hina which is based on one event in the series that's never even expanded passed that.

I say maybe to Lee/Saku because there is a point in the series that Lee stops pursuing Sakura that no one really pays attention to. After he defends her in the forest, he doesn't try to ask her out again. Even when they sit together during Naruto's match or when Lee tries to cheer her up when Naruto leaves out after Sasuke, he doesn't make any passes or anything to her.

But that's besides the point, anyway, Naru/Hina fandom is strange to me because of its weak foundation, yet fiercely strong fanbase.

#213 VRWC

VRWC

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:17 PM

I suppose as a convert from naruhina I feel somewhat obligated to certainly not defend them but make sure that they are dissected properly.

I certainly can't speak for part 2 since by then I'd come to my senses and started waving my NaruSaku flag. But as far as part 1 goes it's not so much the sheer mass of interaction between them, even when I had my NaruHina flag I laughed at the people who tried to make it sound like they nearly lived together.

Instead it's more an idea of quality over quantity, Naruto had at that point never really opened up to anyone that we knew and here he was doing it to Hinata. Which in my then gullible mind, along with the minds of alot of other people translated to, Hinata can get through the layers to the real Naruto, and being able to do that is what makes a stable relationship.

Fortunately or unfortunately, I'm now on the fortunately side, Naruto never really dug through Hinata's layers. And then came Sakura who managed to do what Hinata had done only it was a mutual diving through the layers.

I hope this brief insight into the mind of a one-time NaruHina fan helps, even if I wonder from time to time what the heck I was thinking back then.

#214 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 10:13 PM

Thanks for that explanation and welcome to the light. tongue.gif

That's been sort of my understanding. While I have definitely run into a few that seem to think NaruHina is canon or definitely going to happen, I'm not sure if one can really say anything about whether they are the majority of NaruHina fans or not. The debating threads tend to attract the more fervent fans and even the polls have ample room to be wildly inaccurate since it's not random and because they are over a long period of time so they can reflect people that have since changed their minds in either direction.

#215 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 09 November 2006 - 02:38 AM

I used to be a Naru/Hina and Sasu/Saku supporter, and I even disliked (not hated) the Naru/Saku pairing :x.

However, I'm a guy who bases things off of evidence and proof before jumping to conclusion. I thought Naru/Hina was going to happen because Sakura ignored Naruto a lot, and Hinata had a crush on him. Plain and simple as that.

Throughout the first part, Sakura was always trying to get Sasuke to go out with her, and never payed much attention to Naruto. She was constantly worrying over Sasuke in the chunnin exam, though I understand that it was because of the cursed seal. Also other things happened as well, like Sakura giving Sasuke the credit for defeating Gaara, or when she hugged him in front of Naruto. Then to top it off, she asked Naruto to bring back Sasuke in the retrieval arc. I figured then she would never end up with Sasuke.

As for Naru/Hina, she had a crush on him and admired him from afar. Naruto cheered her on when she was fighting Neji in the preliminaries. Also, like stated before, he opened himself up to her before fighting Neji. Naruto never did that with Sakura. Of course, that was the only interaction they truly ever had.

My line of thought changed when I saw the anime again and read the manga. I saw events and characters in a different light.

Edit: Reworded my post so it could be understood more clearer. I also got rid of the labels I gave to Naru/Hina and Sasu/Saku fans; I apologize if I offended anyone. I was a little tired yesterday when I posted, so, yeah that's my reason smile.gif.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#216 gamerman_007

gamerman_007

Shodaime Smexkage

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Females, Internet/computers B(o)(o)bs.

Posted 09 November 2006 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE (MagusKyros @ Nov 8 2006, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I used to be a Naru/Hina and Sasu/Saku supporter, and I even disliked (not hated) the Naru/Saku pairing :x.

However, I'm a guy who bases things off of evidence and proof before jumping to conclusion. I thought Naru/Hina was going to happen because Sakura ignored Naruto a lot, and Hinata had a crush on him. Plain and simple as that.

Throughout the first part, Sakura was always trying to get Sasuke to go out with her, and never payed much attention to Naruto. She was constantly worrying over Sasuke in the chunnin exam, though I understand that it was because of the cursed seal. Also other things happened as well, like Sakura giving Sasuke the credit for defeating Gaara, or when she hugged him in front of Naruto. Then to top it off, she asked Naruto to bring back Sasuke in the retrieval arc. I figured then she would never end up with Sasuke.

As for Naru/Hina, she had a crush on him and admired him from afar. Naruto cheered her on when she was fighting Neji in the preliminaries. Also, like stated before, he opened himself up to her before fighting Neji. Naruto never did that with Sakura. Of course, that was the only interaction they truly ever had.

My line of thought changed when I saw the anime again and read the manga. I saw events and characters in a different light.

Edit: Reworded my post so it could be understood more clearer. I also got rid of the labels I gave to Naru/Hina and Sasu/Saku fans; I apologize if I offended anyone. I was a little tired yesterday when I posted, so, yeah that's my reason smile.gif.

That answers some questions I had.

But for me, I don't think SasuSaku will happen. All because of Sasuke. That's why I don't have any faith in it at all. If Sasuke wasn't obsessed with making out killing Itachi, things could have been better.

And Hinata's not important enough to date Naruto. laugh.gif

Bunny: Sasuke, join me.
Sasuke: What will I receive if I join you?
Bunny: POWER! UNLIMITED POWER!
Sasuke: Sweet! what do I do?
Orochimaru: Sssssssssssssaaaaaaasssssssssukkkkkkeeeeeee-kkkuuuuuunnnn!
Sasuke: oh f***

Sono nantomo ienai sekushii na oshiri wo ore no kokan ni okittensukete rizumu ni awasete kosurinasai = Back that ass up. :D

#217 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE (VRWC @ Nov 8 2006, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I suppose as a convert from naruhina I feel somewhat obligated to certainly not defend them but make sure that they are dissected properly.

I certainly can't speak for part 2 since by then I'd come to my senses and started waving my NaruSaku flag. But as far as part 1 goes it's not so much the sheer mass of interaction between them, even when I had my NaruHina flag I laughed at the people who tried to make it sound like they nearly lived together.

Instead it's more an idea of quality over quantity, Naruto had at that point never really opened up to anyone that we knew and here he was doing it to Hinata. Which in my then gullible mind, along with the minds of alot of other people translated to, Hinata can get through the layers to the real Naruto, and being able to do that is what makes a stable relationship.

Fortunately or unfortunately, I'm now on the fortunately side, Naruto never really dug through Hinata's layers. And then came Sakura who managed to do what Hinata had done only it was a mutual diving through the layers.

I hope this brief insight into the mind of a one-time NaruHina fan helps, even if I wonder from time to time what the heck I was thinking back then.

Now if this is what is on the minds of a lot of Naru/Hina fans then even still that's an even weaker reasoning. The reason why i say this is because, lets be honest; Naruto isn't a deep character. Rather Naruto isn't a character that uses deep thinking or reflective thinking a lot. He's more linear in his mindset. He has an adjective and will see that is completed succeed or fail.

Now the reason why i bring this up is because of this. The way i see this scene is this. Naruto probably forgot about the whole encounter after it happened. He probably didn't forget that he talked to Hinata, but he's not going to delve deeper into any emotions that might have arrisen during the conversation. And to be honest, Ikura was the one that first recognized, accepted and openly showed Naruto affection not Hinata.

So it was like Hinata just had her five minutes in glory, but that was it. Naruto was already thinking about winning his fight.

And I'll be honest with you, there isn't anything in that conversation that specifically screams that it was important that Hinata was with him at that very moment. I could honestly see Sakura, replacing her there. I say this only, because Hinata doesn't leave a very strong impact on the Naruto series.

#218 Silent Shinobi

Silent Shinobi

Tatsumaru of the Cloud

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 01:28 PM

Well, as a timid character with a passive personality and an unimportant role, she's not a character that leaves an impact on the series in general. She's too weak a character. That's not to bash Hinata (I like her, personally), but to say that when faced with the emotional, eccentric, and colorful characters in the rest of the cast, Hinata fades into the background.

#219 taker5400

taker5400

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:manga/anime<br />electric guitar<br />metallica<br />finding flaws in the world<br />drawing manga/anime

Posted 26 December 2006 - 05:42 AM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ May 27 2006, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, judging from the new chapter that's put out. With Sasuke's total lack of hesitation to kill Sakura or anyone else for that matter...

What else can SasuSaku people say really?

they cant say anything cuase it wasn't gonna happen in the first place, and wat r they goin to do ignore all those narusaku mements, just brush them aside? well guess wat there were a hell of alot more of narusaku than sasusaku we win.

#220 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 06:06 AM

QUOTE (taker5400 @ Dec 26 2006, 12:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (No WhereMan @ May 27 2006, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, judging from the new chapter that's put out. With Sasuke's total lack of hesitation to kill Sakura or anyone else for that matter...

What else can SasuSaku people say really?

they cant say anything cuase it wasn't gonna happen in the first place, and wat r they goin to do ignore all those narusaku mements, just brush them aside? well guess wat there were a hell of alot more of narusaku than sasusaku we win.

Yeah! Whatever this guy said...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users