8039 replies to this topic

#7841 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 04:19 PM

It was so refreshing with a new start.. generally I read the chapters slowly because so much Oda packs in a lot at once.

This chapter felt like a relief 😌

ナルサク

#7842 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 05:01 PM

EPIC CHAPTER

Nami is possibly on her way to become one of the strongest woman in the series. 

As much as i love it to happen. I don't think she Will ever become the strongest woman since she lack raw streght.

She Will become strong woman though.

#7843 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 07:27 PM

I still don't know how to feel about Sanji and Nami getting this big boost from no effort. Sanji is given a raid suit that makes his speed, strength, and flames MUCH more terrifying. Nami gets Zeus, which is able to create much larger bolts of lightning than she herself could make. Sanji will fight, get beat up, and then put on the suit and be near commander level? Also, I'm guessing Sanji gets the suit recolored. The suit should be yellow, but it needs to match his Black Leg Sanji name.

WAY too early post Wano bounty predictions:

Worst Generation Yonko:

Luffy: 1,800,000,000

Kid: 1,350,000,000

Law: 1,200,000,000

Bonney: 1,100,000,000

Straw Hat Pirates:

Zoro: 1,050,000,000

Sanji: 830,000,000

Jinbei: 750,000,000

Robin: 400,000,000

Brook: 370,000,000

Carrot: 350,000,000

Franky: 280,000,000

Nami: 250,000,000

Usopp: 230,000,000

Chopper: 10,000

Go ahead and question why I have Bonney up there. Sticking to that very bold prediction. Only Luffy will be a Yonko anytime soon.

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#7844 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 11:40 PM

I still don't know how to feel about Sanji and Nami getting this big boost from no effort. Sanji is given a raid suit that makes his speed, strength, and flames MUCH more terrifying. Nami gets Zeus, which is able to create much larger bolts of lightning than she herself could make. Sanji will fight, get beat up, and then put on the suit and be near commander level? Also, I'm guessing Sanji gets the suit recolored. The suit should be yellow, but it needs to match his Black Leg Sanji name.

Worst Generation Yonko:

Straw Hat Pirates:

Go ahead and question why I have Bonney up there. Sticking to that very bold prediction. Only Luffy will be a Yonko anytime soon.

Luffy doesn't need to be a yonkou when he Will become the pirate king.

I think Bonny is big mom daughter like what many speculate. Since she's the spitting image of her without her size and strength. I Will not surprise if she's turn out to be big mom and white beard daughter.

#7845 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 29 April 2018 - 06:35 AM

Dope chapter. Luffy's bounty is perfect, loved how he mistook it the first time, and loved how everyone flipped out about it when Brook told them. Of all the reactions, Shanks was the best. Loved seeing him back.

Worst Generation Yonko:

Straw Hat Pirates:

How is it that you say Nami got a power up with no effort? Given everything she accomplished this arc, the tip of the iceberg being how she used her intelligence to acquire Zeus. Sanji got a power up with zero effort (and a bounty raise as well), but Nami did not.

Sanji is above Jinbe for no reason in your list. This chapter again fortified that Jinbe is above Sanji, as is Zoro. Sanji shouldn't be above Jinbe.

If those are Wano predictions, why would Bonney be involved? You listed her there for no other reason than you like her, as far as I can tell. There is no indication shes going to be even involved in Wano, and she hasn't done anything in the New World that would put her close enough to warrant that kind of jump anyway. Also, your scaling of Law and Kid is backwards. Kid has a lower bounty than Law. It makes no sense for Kid to jump Law when theyll be doing the same thing on Wano and Law is already ahead.

Edited by AHK, 29 April 2018 - 06:59 AM.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#7846 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 11:09 AM

Haven't finished reading this arc yet, as I was waiting for the arc to end, (Looks like I timed rechecking the status at the right time. I'm not sure about Sanji but I do think Nami did require a upgrade, while she looked powerful compared to pre-timeskip, in comparison to what we've seen with the enemies we've faced, she does appear to lack in comparison to other, I wouldn't be surprised if Zoro gets a new sword or technique next arc either.

I will say this though I find it hilarious that Sanji's is the Yellow Power Ranger or more accurately the Yellow Sentai.

So any guesses on what role the pink haired character will play in the next arc? Will it be another princess, or a long lost family member, or the main enemy?

iAnby7W.gif

#7847 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 09:37 PM

How is it that you say Nami got a power up with no effort? Given everything she accomplished this arc, the tip of the iceberg being how she used her intelligence to acquire Zeus. Sanji got a power up with zero effort (and a bounty raise as well), but Nami did not.

Sanji is above Jinbe for no reason in your list. This chapter again fortified that Jinbe is above Sanji, as is Zoro. Sanji shouldn't be above Jinbe.

If those are Wano predictions, why would Bonney be involved? You listed her there for no other reason than you like her, as far as I can tell. There is no indication shes going to be even involved in Wano, and she hasn't done anything in the New World that would put her close enough to warrant that kind of jump anyway. Also, your scaling of Law and Kid is backwards. Kid has a lower bounty than Law. It makes no sense for Kid to jump Law when theyll be doing the same thing on Wano and Law is already ahead.

Nami threw out black clouds and got Zeus to be with her. Now she just unleashes Zeus for all the work. 0 effort for much more power. I want Nami to get stronger through making better storms or something, not from just unleashing Zeus.

Sanji got 330 million bounty without having a full scale fight to show everything he has, and getting better haki. Not to mention the big spike up the suit gives him. Jinbei said it took ages to get up any after 300 million. He can back that up because he's only slightly past 400 million right now, after about 20 years of being a pirate. Jinbei's bounty increase will come mostly from him showing the world everything he hasn't, not from power ups like the rest of the crew will be getting.

Sanji got 330 million keeping Daifuku at bay and one hitting 2 low fighters on a Yonko's crew, and Zoro got 320 million defeating Pica. That's what I mean by battle feats Sanji has been getting. Keeping Daifuku at bay is better than beating Pica. He'll put on the suit and be pushed to his edge against someone around 800 million on Wano. Same for Zoro, except minus the suit and against someone around 1 billion. Or Sanji gets no big fight, even after the suit, and he falls waaay behind Zoro, and Oda makes the fanbase mad for the 3rd biggest character in popularity.

Nobody knows what is what with the supernova ranking. It is 100% speculation after Luffy being the best. Law could be Whitebeard and Kid could be Shiki. Then Law > Kid, but that's if that theory held up. After that, you gotta just guess the 4th. I'm guessing Bonney because of that 3-1 thing I said before, and because of the Blackbeard thing she went through during the timeskip. You can go with Monk or someone else if you want.

2XtVwF6.png

#7848 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 30 April 2018 - 01:03 AM

Nami threw out black clouds and got Zeus to be with her. Now she just unleashes Zeus for all the work. 0 effort for much more power. I want Nami to get stronger through making better storms or something, not from just unleashing Zeus.

Sanji got 330 million bounty without having a full scale fight to show everything he has, and getting better haki. Not to mention the big spike up the suit gives him. Jinbei said it took ages to get up any after 300 million. He can back that up because he's only slightly past 400 million right now, after about 20 years of being a pirate. Jinbei's bounty increase will come mostly from him showing the world everything he hasn't, not from power ups like the rest of the crew will be getting.

Sanji got 330 million keeping Daifuku at bay and one hitting 2 low fighters on a Yonko's crew, and Zoro got 320 million defeating Pica. That's what I mean by battle feats Sanji has been getting. Keeping Daifuku at bay is better than beating Pica. He'll put on the suit and be pushed to his edge against someone around 800 million on Wano. Same for Zoro, except minus the suit and against someone around 1 billion. Or Sanji gets no big fight, even after the suit, and he falls waaay behind Zoro, and Oda makes the fanbase mad for the 3rd biggest character in popularity.

Nobody knows what is what with the supernova ranking. It is 100% speculation after Luffy being the best. Law could be Whitebeard and Kid could be Shiki. Then Law > Kid, but that's if that theory held up. After that, you gotta just guess the 4th. I'm guessing Bonney because of that 3-1 thing I said before, and because of the Blackbeard thing she went through during the timeskip. You can go with Monk or someone else if you want.

Nami got stronger because she's smarter. She played Zeus because of her weather knowledge, and got stronger as a result. That's not zero effort. Also, you want her to create better storms? So you mean you want her to do exactly what Zeus is made to do?

That's not true. Sanji got his bounty because of his affiliation with the Vinsmokes. That was confirmed in this chapter, and was explicitly stated in the raws. He did not get better haki. He also did not get a bounty because of the raid suit. Nobody knew about the raid suit until this chapter, which means that the bounties came out before anyone knew Sanji's raid suit existed. Sanji didn't get a bounty for any reason that had to do with Diafuku. Keeping Daifuku at bay is not better than beating Pica. Not to mention, it wasn't that Zoro beat Pica, its that he obliterated him.

Jinbe said that its difficult to go up after 400 million, not 300 million. Also, it didn't take Jinbe 20 years to get his bounty. His bounty got frozen when he became a warlord, and he went years without accruing any bounty while he was a warlord. He jumped to 450 million when following his actions after the war. They government didn't count anything against him that he did while a warlord because he was legally doing whatever he did. That's an exaggeration on your part to try and make Sanji look better in comparison. Sanji's popularity is irrelevant. If he actually cared what Sanji's fanboys thought, the raid suit wouldn't exist, as it destroys the idea that Sanji is close to being on Zoro's level, as its meant to make Sanji better. He also wouldn't have Jinbe join, because Jinbe is stronger than Sanji. Jinbe is going to get stronger. There really isn't a reason he cant get a power up if need be.

Its pretty clear that Law is the WB of the generation to Luffy being the Roger. Thats already been established, given their interactions on Sabaody, following Marineford, and Punk Hazard and Dressrosa. So no, its really not speculation, as we already know the top 3. How does Bonney losing make her qualified to be up there with Luffy and the rest?

Edited by AHK, 30 April 2018 - 07:44 PM.

EXL5X4B.png

#7849 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 01:39 PM

Nami got stronger because shes smarter. She played Zeus because of her weather knowledge, and got stronger as a result. Thats not zero effort. Also, you want her to create better storms? So you mean you want her to do exactly what Zeus is made to do?

Thats not true. Sanji got his bounty because of his affiliation with the Vinsmokes. That was confirmed in this chapter, and was explicitly stated in the raws. He did not get better haki. He also did not get a bounty because of the raid suit. Nobody knew about the raid suit until this chapter, which means that the bounties came out before anyone knew Sanjis raid suit existed. Sanji didnt get a bounty for any reason that had to do with Diafuku. Keeping Daifuku at bay is not better than beating Pica. Not to mention, it wasnt that Zoro beat Pica, its that he obliterated him.

Jinbe said that its difficult to go up after 400 million, not 300 million. Also, it didnt take Jinbe 20 years to get his bounty. His bounty got frozen when he became a warlord, and he went years without accruing any bounty while he was a warlord. He jumped to 450 million when following his actions after the war. They government didnt count anything against him that he did while a warlord because he was legally doing whatever he did. Thats an exaggeration on your part to try and make Sanji look better in comparison. Sanjis popularity is irrelevant. If he actually cared what Sanjis fanboys thought, the raid suit wouldnt exist, as it destroys the idea that Sanji is close to being on Zoros level, as its meant to make Sanji better. He also wouldnt have Jinbe join, because Jinbe is stronger than Sanji. Jinbe is going to get stronger. There really isnt a reason he cant get a power up if need be..

Its pretty clear that Law is the WB of the generation to Luffy being the Roger. Thats already been established, given their interactions on Sabaody, following Marineford, and Punk Hazard and Dressrosa. So no, its really not speculation, as we already know the top 3. How does Bonney losing make her qualified to be up there with Luffy and the rest?

Alright. If you're okay with it, that's good for you, but don't be mad when Zeus is 90% of Nami's big fight in Wano.

Sanji did not go up from being a Vinsmoke. He held back Daifuku, 1 shot 2 pirates with 100+ million bounties, and attacked Big Mom while living to see another day. They just put Vinsmoke on his bounty because they know his full name now. I know he got the bounty before the raid suit. He also got the bounty before getting a big fight to increase his haki. He'll show the world both of those in Wano, and get a huge bounty increase. Like Zoro, but fighting against someone with a bounty 100-200 million lower.

Bounties freeze, sure. They also jump up after leaving to what they would of been. When Jinbei left, his bounty rose up 150+ million. When Luffy and Law tag teamed Doflamingo (Government thinks so), they both got 500 million bounties even though Doflamingo was below 500, meaning his bounty was going to be 700-800 million if he left the Warlords. Sanji got the raid suit because he must also throw away his pride for Luffy, like Zoro did. Nami is nothing without the staff. Franky is nothing without the cyborg parts. So yes, Sanji can put on a raid suit that only he can put on. No the fandom won't take away from Sanji for it, because we don't do that to the other Straw Hats who use science to fight. Be ready for a beat up Sanji to face his family's name for Luffy's sake and throw on the raid suit.

Show me some comparisons. Not saying you're wrong, because I can definitely see a Law-WB and Kid-Shiki comparison making sense. Bonney fighting a Yonko before anyone else takes guts. She also has a past with Akainu and Whitebeard. She knows the biggest players, and doesn't mind going up against them as a rookie. She'll be strong. Saying she'll be stronger than Drake, Monk, Hawkins, etc is a complete speculation though.

2XtVwF6.png

#7850 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 07:42 PM

Alright. If you're okay with it, that's good for you, but don't be mad when Zeus is 90% of Nami's big fight in Wano.

Sanji did not go up from being a Vinsmoke. He held back Daifuku, 1 shot 2 pirates with 100+ million bounties, and attacked Big Mom while living to see another day. They just put Vinsmoke on his bounty because they know his full name now. I know he got the bounty before the raid suit. He also got the bounty before getting a big fight to increase his haki. He'll show the world both of those in Wano, and get a huge bounty increase. Like Zoro, but fighting against someone with a bounty 100-200 million lower.

Bounties freeze, sure. They also jump up after leaving to what they would of been. When Jinbei left, his bounty rose up 150+ million. When Luffy and Law tag teamed Doflamingo (Government thinks so), they both got 500 million bounties even though Doflamingo was below 500, meaning his bounty was going to be 700-800 million if he left the Warlords. Sanji got the raid suit because he must also throw away his pride for Luffy, like Zoro did. Nami is nothing without the staff. Franky is nothing without the cyborg parts. So yes, Sanji can put on a raid suit that only he can put on. No the fandom won't take away from Sanji for it, because we don't do that to the other Straw Hats who use science to fight. Be ready for a beat up Sanji to face his family's name for Luffy's sake and throw on the raid suit.

Show me some comparisons. Not saying you're wrong, because I can definitely see a Law-WB and Kid-Shiki comparison making sense. Bonney fighting a Yonko before anyone else takes guts. She also has a past with Akainu and Whitebeard. She knows the biggest players, and doesn't mind going up against them as a rookie. She'll be strong. Saying she'll be stronger than Drake, Monk, Hawkins, etc is a complete speculation though.

I won't be, because she has to know how to use him for him to be effective. That's on her, and is her skill.

That's not true. His bounty went up because he is now affiliated with Germa. Sanji said that himself, and the raw text confirms that. He did absolutely nothing against Daifuku that warrants a bounty increase. He blocked one attack. That means nothing in regards to the massive bounty increase he saw. Again, it was confirmed that Sanji got his bounty increase because of his Germa roots. If you honestly look at what Sanji did this arc, then you'd know he did nothing to get that bounty.

That's not true. Jinbe's bounty didn't move after he left the Warlords. His bounty jumped up because of his actions at Marineford. The 200 million increase came from the fallout. The bounties don't account for actions taken while the warlord is with the government, because their actions are legal. There's no accounting for it. That's also not why Sanji has the raid suit. Sanji has the raid suit because he's not good enough. This is confirmed by everything that's happened in the New World, and again shows that Sanji was never as close to Zoro as people tried to make it seem. Sanji will put it on because he has to, because he isn't strong enough. It's also not comparable to Franky or Nami, and I never said that the "fanbase won't take away from Sanji for it," I'm not really sure what that's referring to, or why you mentioned that (along with Franky or Nami, given that they're entirely different from Sanji).

Roger and Whitebeard were friends as well as being rivals. From the glimpse we got at the relationship between those two, it resembles what Luffy and Law share. They hold high respect for each other, and are rivals. Their disposition is similar to the dynamics of Roger and Whitebeard. Kid is not comparable to Whitebeard. Kid is legitimately evil and murderous, whereas Law is more composed. She didn't seek out Teach, she ran across him and he annihilated her. There was no guts involved. Having a past with Akainu and Whitebeard doesn't really mean anything, because we don't know about it. You can't assume someone is strong because they know somebody else, much less assume that she's stronger than her peers sufficiently enough to be a Yonko, despite having zero feats to back that up.

EXL5X4B.png

#7851 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 10:22 PM

I won't be, because she has to know how to use him for him to be effective. That's on her, and is her skill.

That's not true. His bounty went up because he is now affiliated with Germa. Sanji said that himself, and the raw text confirms that. He did absolutely nothing against Daifuku that warrants a bounty increase. He blocked one attack. That means nothing in regards to the massive bounty increase he saw. Again, it was confirmed that Sanji got his bounty increase because of his Germa roots. If you honestly look at what Sanji did this arc, then you'd know he did nothing to get that bounty.

That's not true. Jinbe's bounty didn't move after he left the Warlords. His bounty jumped up because of his actions at Marineford. The 200 million increase came from the fallout. The bounties don't account for actions taken while the warlord is with the government, because their actions are legal. There's no accounting for it. That's also not why Sanji has the raid suit. Sanji has the raid suit because he's not good enough. This is confirmed by everything that's happened in the New World, and again shows that Sanji was never as close to Zoro as people tried to make it seem. Sanji will put it on because he has to, because he isn't strong enough. It's also not comparable to Franky or Nami, and I never said that the "fanbase won't take away from Sanji for it," I'm not really sure what that's referring to, or why you mentioned that (along with Franky or Nami, given that they're entirely different from Sanji).

Roger and Whitebeard were friends as well as being rivals. From the glimpse we got at the relationship between those two, it resembles what Luffy and Law share. They hold high respect for each other, and are rivals. Their disposition is similar to the dynamics of Roger and Whitebeard. Kid is not comparable to Whitebeard. Kid is legitimately evil and murderous, whereas Law is more composed. She didn't seek out Teach, she ran across him and he annihilated her. There was no guts involved. Having a past with Akainu and Whitebeard doesn't really mean anything, because we don't know about it. You can't assume someone is strong because they know somebody else, much less assume that she's stronger than her peers sufficiently enough to be a Yonko, despite having zero feats to back that up.

Sanji didn't say that. He said they added the Vinsmoke part to his name. That is all. You keep bringing up raws having him say it went up because of his name. Show them.

If I had a 200 million bounty, and I was to take down a 600 million pirate bothering the marines (completely legal). Then the next day, I tell them I don't want to work for them no more, there is no way I leave without a giant bounty increase of 400+ mil. They know that's how much of a risk I am, at the very least. Jinbei went from 250 million to 400+ million from everything he did at Marineford/Impel Down, and everything he did as a Warlord. We have no idea what he did as a Warlord. We just know Luffy did more at Marineford and Impel Down, and got a bounty less than Jinbei's, so there is no way Jinbei did nothing as a Warlord.

Sanji and Zoro have always had a gap, sure. However, the gap isn't by much. 320,000,000 to 177,000,000 only happened because Sanji wasn't there for long in Dressrosa. 320,000,000 to 330,000,000 only happened because Zoro wasn't in Wano, and Sanji wasn't able to show everything he had. You're right, the gap was larger. Sanji's power comes from his legs, haki, and speed, but also his Vinsmoke family. They have to use science to truly let their powers unleash. Speed, strength, special ability (for Sanji, that's flame). All 3 are nearly doubled with science that only applies to their family. Whatever gap there was between Zoro and Sanji is now very small, but will separate with Zoro getting more haki than Sanji will.

My guess is Sanji uses the suit for Wano and maybe 1 or 2 other big arcs, then he is so fast and strong, the suit doesn't help anymore. His max is beyond the suit, so to speak. Regardless, with the suit, Sanji will surely fight and beat someone in Wano who is stronger than anybody Jinbei has ever beaten. Then, with all the improved haki, and suit, he will be stronger than Jinbei. Jinbei will get stronger too, as he needs to be the 4th strongest on the pirate king's crew. That means he should be around 1 billion at the ending. But I think Jinbei is already worth around 600-700 million. He just hasn't shown that to the world yet.

Already said the Bonney stuff was 100% speculation. Nobody in the world except Oda and some editors know who the 4th strongest will be in the Supernova. Bege tanked some Big Mom hits. Monk took out the 6th strongest Big Mom pirate. Bonney has an interesting backstory yet to be told. Who knows? Somebody has to be #4.

2XtVwF6.png

#7852 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 12:57 AM

Sanji didn't say that. He said they added the Vinsmoke part to his name. That is all. You keep bringing up raws having him say it went up because of his name. Show them.

If I had a 200 million bounty, and I was to take down a 600 million pirate bothering the marines (completely legal). Then the next day, I tell them I don't want to work for them no more, there is no way I leave without a giant bounty increase of 400+ mil. They know that's how much of a risk I am, at the very least. Jinbei went from 250 million to 400+ million from everything he did at Marineford/Impel Down, and everything he did as a Warlord. We have no idea what he did as a Warlord. We just know Luffy did more at Marineford and Impel Down, and got a bounty less than Jinbei's, so there is no way Jinbei did nothing as a Warlord.

Sanji and Zoro have always had a gap, sure. However, the gap isn't by much. 320,000,000 to 177,000,000 only happened because Sanji wasn't there for long in Dressrosa. 320,000,000 to 330,000,000 only happened because Zoro wasn't in Wano, and Sanji wasn't able to show everything he had. You're right, the gap was larger. Sanji's power comes from his legs, haki, and speed, but also his Vinsmoke family. They have to use science to truly let their powers unleash. Speed, strength, special ability (for Sanji, that's flame). All 3 are nearly doubled with science that only applies to their family. Whatever gap there was between Zoro and Sanji is now very small, but will separate with Zoro getting more haki than Sanji will.

My guess is Sanji uses the suit for Wano and maybe 1 or 2 other big arcs, then he is so fast and strong, the suit doesn't help anymore. His max is beyond the suit, so to speak. Regardless, with the suit, Sanji will surely fight and beat someone in Wano who is stronger than anybody Jinbei has ever beaten. Then, with all the improved haki, and suit, he will be stronger than Jinbei. Jinbei will get stronger too, as he needs to be the 4th strongest on the pirate king's crew. That means he should be around 1 billion at the ending. But I think Jinbei is already worth around 600-700 million. He just hasn't shown that to the world yet.

Already said the Bonney stuff was 100% speculation. Nobody in the world except Oda and some editors know who the 4th strongest will be in the Supernova. Bege tanked some Big Mom hits. Monk took out the 6th strongest Big Mom pirate. Bonney has an interesting backstory yet to be told. Who knows? Somebody has to be #4.

Yes, he actually did. In the MS translation, Sanji says that "My bounty only went up because of Germa's notoriety." JB is typically better than MS, but MS got that particular scene correct. Sandman confirmed this on AP. Sanji's bounty went up purely because of his last name. He didn't do anything this arc otherwise that would cause his bounty to rise.

That's not true at all. Again, nothing that they do during their time as Warlords is incorporated to their bounty when they leave, because all of their actions are legal. The government can't acknowledge that they were doing illegal activity while under government employ, because that lowers the government's credibility and defeats the purpose of the Warlords. Jinbe's bounty went up solely for his actions in Impel Down and Marineford.

No, the gap between Sanji and Zoro is "not very small". It's sizable. The same logic that applies to the gap between Luffy and Zoro, which is large, applies to the gap between Zoro and Sanji, which is large. The mere presence of the raid suit implies that. Sanji is not close to Zoro. Also, what evidence do you have to say that those traits are "nearly doubled"? How is it that you've even determined that? Nothing of that has even been said. And Sanji's strength comes from his legs, haki, and speed? Haki? Sanji has yet to show proficiency with haki that implies it enhances his strength by a great margin. Again, he hasn't even shown hardening yet.

That doesn't make any sense. Sanji isn't getting the raid suit only to discard it. It's clear now that he has it, that his peak is relative to the suit. That's like saying that Luffy is going to outgrow his hands, or Zoro is going to outgrow his swords, or Nami is going to outgrow her climatact. Regarding Jinbe, you just simply assume he isn't going to fight anyone of like caliber. Sanji is not now stronger than Jinbe, and will not be. You seem to forget that Jinbe will be fighting people just as if not stronger. Jinbe does not need to be the 4th strongest on the crew. That's literally you just looking over Jinbe because you're a Sanji fan. We've literally just got confirmation that Sanji was never as strong as you made him out to be. There is zero reasons to assume that Sanji would be stronger than Jinbe.

Edited by AHK, 01 May 2018 - 01:01 AM.

EXL5X4B.png

#7853 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 11:19 PM

Yes, he actually did. In the MS translation, Sanji says that "My bounty only went up because of Germa's notoriety." JB is typically better than MS, but MS got that particular scene correct. Sandman confirmed this on AP. Sanji's bounty went up purely because of his last name. He didn't do anything this arc otherwise that would cause his bounty to rise.

That's not true at all. Again, nothing that they do during their time as Warlords is incorporated to their bounty when they leave, because all of their actions are legal. The government can't acknowledge that they were doing illegal activity while under government employ, because that lowers the government's credibility and defeats the purpose of the Warlords. Jinbe's bounty went up solely for his actions in Impel Down and Marineford.

No, the gap between Sanji and Zoro is "not very small". It's sizable. The same logic that applies to the gap between Luffy and Zoro, which is large, applies to the gap between Zoro and Sanji, which is large. The mere presence of the raid suit implies that. Sanji is not close to Zoro. Also, what evidence do you have to say that those traits are "nearly doubled"? How is it that you've even determined that? Nothing of that has even been said. And Sanji's strength comes from his legs, haki, and speed? Haki? Sanji has yet to show proficiency with haki that implies it enhances his strength by a great margin. Again, he hasn't even shown hardening yet.

That doesn't make any sense. Sanji isn't getting the raid suit only to discard it. It's clear now that he has it, that his peak is relative to the suit. That's like saying that Luffy is going to outgrow his hands, or Zoro is going to outgrow his swords, or Nami is going to outgrow her climatact. Regarding Jinbe, you just simply assume he isn't going to fight anyone of like caliber. Sanji is not now stronger than Jinbe, and will not be. You seem to forget that Jinbe will be fighting people just as if not stronger. Jinbe does not need to be the 4th strongest on the crew. That's literally you just looking over Jinbe because you're a Sanji fan. We've literally just got confirmation that Sanji was never as strong as you made him out to be. There is zero reasons to assume that Sanji would be stronger than Jinbe.

Mmmmh this chocolate milk is so good. Anyway, I still need that link, boss.

If they know I can beat up an admiral, they aren't keeping me at 200 million.

We got confirmation that he is worth 330 million without a full fight (and the development it brings to the young straw hats) or raid suit perk. Jinbei needs to get to Wano first. That is being delayed. I'm a Jinbei fan too. Just doesn't make sense for Zoro to leap to being 2x stronger than Sanji, giving room for Jinbei to be #3. If Sanji wasn't intended to keep up with Zoro (but never be on par), he wouldn't of got the suit.

2XtVwF6.png

#7854 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 05:19 PM

Mmmmh this chocolate milk is so good. Anyway, I still need that link, boss.

If they know I can beat up an admiral, they aren't keeping me at 200 million.

We got confirmation that he is worth 330 million without a full fight (and the development it brings to the young straw hats) or raid suit perk. Jinbei needs to get to Wano first. That is being delayed. I'm a Jinbei fan too. Just doesn't make sense for Zoro to leap to being 2x stronger than Sanji, giving room for Jinbei to be #3. If Sanji wasn't intended to keep up with Zoro (but never be on par), he wouldn't of got the suit.

You know, it's pretty funny that I gave you the place you could find it, and yet you still "need that link". The denial is strong with you, on this (also, JB has updated the translations to reflect this):

http://www.arlongpar...l=1#post3889385

Doflamingo was around as strong as Yonko commanders, and his bounty was frozen at around half of what the commanders bounties were. Once it's frozen, it's frozen.

No, we got confirmation that he's worth 330 million because of daddy's last name. It was related to his affiliation to Germa, nothing else. Doesn't matter if it's being delayed, he's going to be there. It makes perfect sense. The same reason Luffy is well beyond Zoro is the same reason why Zoro is well beyond Sanji. He's fighting people that are well stronger than the ones Sanji is fighting. That only gets more pronounced as the series goes on. We just had confirmation that Sanji was never as strong as you made him out to be, and there's no reason to think that he's beyond Jinbe or will be beyond Jinbe. The fact that his bounty only went up because of his affiliation, not his strength, supports that. The suit is an admission that he can't keep up with Zoro, as it artificially augments his strength.

Edited by AHK, 02 May 2018 - 05:28 PM.

EXL5X4B.png

#7855 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 11:03 PM

You know, it's pretty funny that I gave you the place you could find it, and yet you still "need that link". The denial is strong with you, on this (also, JB has updated the translations to reflect this):

http://www.arlongpar...l=1#post3889385

Doflamingo was around as strong as Yonko commanders, and his bounty was frozen at around half of what the commanders bounties were. Once it's frozen, it's frozen.

No, we got confirmation that he's worth 330 million because of daddy's last name. It was related to his affiliation to Germa, nothing else. Doesn't matter if it's being delayed, he's going to be there. It makes perfect sense. The same reason Luffy is well beyond Zoro is the same reason why Zoro is well beyond Sanji. He's fighting people that are well stronger than the ones Sanji is fighting. That only gets more pronounced as the series goes on. We just had confirmation that Sanji was never as strong as you made him out to be, and there's no reason to think that he's beyond Jinbe or will be beyond Jinbe. The fact that his bounty only went up because of his affiliation, not his strength, supports that. The suit is an admission that he can't keep up with Zoro, as it artificially augments his strength.

Doflamingo never left.

Man you really sticking to that Vinsmoke crap. Yeah, 170-330 wasn't because of the 2 100+ million guys being 1 shot and him kicking away Daifuku's crazy fast and strong haki. Nah it's all the name, right? Cause Sanji at 330 plus the raid suit is going to make him at least 700 million, and you're not sure Jinbei will be there after Wano? But I'm in denial? Nah. I still love you though.

You just said Zoro is fighting stronger guys. Vergo, Doflamingo, Daifuku. All stronger than Pica and pill-less Hody. Remember you just said the other day Pica was a joke. That has been Zoro's best feat so far man. Yeah, Zoro is waaay stronger than him, and yeah he is getting a fight with Jack or something in Wano, but nah, he ain't fight nobody even close to the names Sanji has fought. Sanji will fight someone at Doflamingo/Daifuku level in Wano, with his raid suit. Zoro will fight someone even better. Jinbei? He'll probably show up half way through the arc and be support or be fighting someone real tough like Sanji's opponent (not as strong as whoever Zoro is taking care of).

With or without the suit, Sanji was getting better haki at an unbelievable speed come Wano and other arcs. The suit? Oh that just secures his spot at #3 for everything beyond Wano.

2XtVwF6.png

#7856 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 06 May 2018 - 01:30 AM

So far this is my biggest accomplishment in terms of Podcasts  with my very first One Piece Podcast (also my longest podcast to date) on Whole Cake Island, and I got to thank TouKen4Life and BlueStarSaber for being apart of this discussion, and I'd love to share it with you guys. 

So be sure to grab some food and drinks, etc, and enjoy the podcast ya'll :D 

Whole Cake Island Arc Podcast: 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#7857 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:40 PM

I felt the arc was pretty dragged out. Not by any means the worst offender but still. :mellow:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#7858 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 09:46 PM

Doflamingo never left.

Man you really sticking to that Vinsmoke crap. Yeah, 170-330 wasn't because of the 2 100+ million guys being 1 shot and him kicking away Daifuku's crazy fast and strong haki. Nah it's all the name, right? Cause Sanji at 330 plus the raid suit is going to make him at least 700 million, and you're not sure Jinbei will be there after Wano? But I'm in denial? Nah. I still love you though.

You just said Zoro is fighting stronger guys. Vergo, Doflamingo, Daifuku. All stronger than Pica and pill-less Hody. Remember you just said the other day Pica was a joke. That has been Zoro's best feat so far man. Yeah, Zoro is waaay stronger than him, and yeah he is getting a fight with Jack or something in Wano, but nah, he ain't fight nobody even close to the names Sanji has fought. Sanji will fight someone at Doflamingo/Daifuku level in Wano, with his raid suit. Zoro will fight someone even better. Jinbei? He'll probably show up half way through the arc and be support or be fighting someone real tough like Sanji's opponent (not as strong as whoever Zoro is taking care of).

With or without the suit, Sanji was getting better haki at an unbelievable speed come Wano and other arcs. The suit? Oh that just secures his spot at #3 for everything beyond Wano.

Doesn't matter, that's not the point I was making.

Lol I'm "really sticking to that Vinsmoke crap" when MS, JB, the raws, and now even the official translation of the manga have all confirmed that Sanji's bounty went up solely because of his name, and that otherwise, he did nothing that warranted the bounty increase. Hate it all you want, but it's fact. Daifuku was irrelevant (btw, nice exaggeration on his "crazy fast and strong haki", again might I add).

First, you have absolutely no proof to say that Diafuku is stronger than Pica. Also, I said that Zoro obliterated him, and that's what mad it a good feat. Sanji got absolutely humiliated by Doflamingo and Vergo, and Daifuku isn't nearly the feat you make it out to be. Coincidentally, Zoro squared off briefly and had a good showing against Fujitora, who if you remember, is a Navy admiral and far stronger than those that Sanji had faced (or had been humiliated by).

Yeah, actually he wasn't. You have absolutely zero evidence that Sanji's haki was getting better. None. Vergo broke his leg. Sanji hasn't even shown hardening yet. The suit doesn't "secure his spot at #3 for everything beyond Wano," it makes it so that he can compete in the New World. Sanji was not at a level where he could do so, the raid suit is an admission of that. There's nothing that says he'll be stronger than Jinbe.

EXL5X4B.png

#7859 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 12:51 AM

Lol I'm "really sticking to that Vinsmoke crap" when MS, JB, the raws, and now even the official translation of the manga have all confirmed that Sanji's bounty went up solely because of his name, and that otherwise, he did nothing that warranted the bounty increase. Hate it all you want, but it's fact. Daifuku was irrelevant (btw, nice exaggeration on his "crazy fast and strong haki", again might I add).

First, you have absolutely no proof to say that Diafuku is stronger than Pica. Also, I said that Zoro obliterated him, and that's what mad it a good feat. Sanji got absolutely humiliated by Doflamingo and Vergo, and Daifuku isn't nearly the feat you make it out to be. Coincidentally, Zoro squared off briefly and had a good showing against Fujitora, who if you remember, is a Navy admiral and far stronger than those that Sanji had faced (or had been humiliated by).

Yeah, actually he wasn't. You have absolutely zero evidence that Sanji's haki was getting better. None. Vergo broke his leg. Sanji hasn't even shown hardening yet. The suit doesn't "secure his spot at #3 for everything beyond Wano," it makes it so that he can compete in the New World. Sanji was not at a level where he could do so, the raid suit is an admission of that. There's nothing that says he'll be stronger than Jinbe.

He says his bounty says Vinsmoke and gets depressed. In what translation does it add "my germa name made it go up." Why would Sanji even say that? How in the world would he even know that? The paper says Sanji was involved in the Big Mom assassination plot. Give me one translation where Sanji adds to it. A picture, panel of one of those sites, anything. MS sure doesn't say it. Sanji says "my name... it's... vinsmoke sanji..." That sure isn't it. So where is it? That's the only time Sanji mentions his family name.

You really put Daifuku that low? Oven was wrecking the fishmen and Sanji dealt with him pretty well too. Both Oven and Daifuku were top 7 pirates on a Yonko crew. 1 shotting 2 pirates over 100 million, getting the better of Oven, keeping up with Daifuku, being one of the main fighters at the Big Mom party. That is worth 330 million, more if he had more time and could beat Oven or learn enough haki to surpass Daifuku.

He broke his leg against Vergo and then could deflect Daifuku's black blade. From next to no fighting, he got THAT much haki. Get ready for Sanji and Zoro to go crazy in Wano. Him being the 3rd strongest in the crew for about 850 chapters now and just now getting a suit that makes him 2x stronger and quicker after Jinbei joining? Yea, that secures it. The suit allows him to keep up with Yonko Commanders in about 100 chapters.

2XtVwF6.png

#7860 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 07:11 PM

He says his bounty says Vinsmoke and gets depressed. In what translation does it add "my germa name made it go up." Why would Sanji even say that? How in the world would he even know that? The paper says Sanji was involved in the Big Mom assassination plot. Give me one translation where Sanji adds to it. A picture, panel of one of those sites, anything. MS sure doesn't say it. Sanji says "my name... it's... vinsmoke sanji..." That sure isn't it. So where is it? That's the only time Sanji mentions his family name.

You really put Daifuku that low? Oven was wrecking the fishmen and Sanji dealt with him pretty well too. Both Oven and Daifuku were top 7 pirates on a Yonko crew. 1 shotting 2 pirates over 100 million, getting the better of Oven, keeping up with Daifuku, being one of the main fighters at the Big Mom party. That is worth 330 million, more if he had more time and could beat Oven or learn enough haki to surpass Daifuku.

He broke his leg against Vergo and then could deflect Daifuku's black blade. From next to no fighting, he got THAT much haki. Get ready for Sanji and Zoro to go crazy in Wano. Him being the 3rd strongest in the crew for about 850 chapters now and just now getting a suit that makes him 2x stronger and quicker after Jinbei joining? Yea, that secures it. The suit allows him to keep up with Yonko Commanders in about 100 chapters.

It says that in literally every single translation. Raws, MS, JB, and the official translation:

spoiler

Sanji knows that his bounty only went up because of Germa, because they bothered to print his real name on the Wanted Poster. That is evidence enough.

Where did I ever rank Diafuku? All I said was that you have absolutely no evidence that he's stronger than Pica, let alone by a significant margin. My point was that he was absolutely ravaged by Zoro. He didn't get the better of Oven. He snuck up on him. Not to mention, Morgans was not there to see that. So that statement is irrelevant, in that it wouldn't have had anything to do with the bounty increase anyway. He didn't one shot two pirates over 100 million. If you're counting Bobbins in that, again, Morgans didn't see that. As for Raisin, we didn't see what happened to him, and then immediately after that he got slammed by Yuen. Both of those instances offset, and Morgans would have seen those. He also would have seen Germa saving Sanji, if you really want to go there. So no, Morgans didn't see anything that Sanji did that would have resulted in that increase. That again backs up the fact that Sanji's bounty increase came from his name, which he said himself. And none of what you mentioned is deserving of that regardless.

He didn't get "that much haki". Sanji has still yet to show that he has hardening. He didn't take Daifuku's black blade. The genie wasn't using hardening either, or Sanji would have ended up like he did against Vergo. Sanji had trouble defending against an normal spear blade when he fought Judge. He did not gain haki like you said he did.

Sanji was only the third strongest in the crew because nobody else joined that was stronger than him. That doesn't mean that somebody can't join in the future that is stronger than him. Jinbe already joined, and is stronger than Sanji at this moment which is displayed by the presence of the raid suit. With or without the raid suit, it doesn't matter. Sanji isn't getting the raid suit to be stronger than Jinbe, he's getting the raid suit to compete in the NW. That doesn't mean he will be stronger than Jinbe or Zoro, it means that he has to catch up. Jinbe has fought against a Yonko. His strength isn't going to just plateau so that Sanji can save face. There's no reason to think that Jinbe will be weaker than Sanji, when Sanji would need a raid suit to begin with to even keep up with him.

Edited by AHK, 08 May 2018 - 07:15 PM.

EXL5X4B.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users