naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:36 AM

Here!
Good Chapter --Click here to view--
Wow....that was actually a pretty good chapter. Only thing was that it was far too short! Now we know they can be beat otherwise...by seeing something dear to them. Of course Kishi would put something like that. Makes sense biggrin.gif

Edited by naruto-z, 25 November 2010 - 12:47 AM.

#2 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:46 AM

very good chapter biggrin.gif

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#3 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:46 AM

Great chapter, but I'm a little disapointed with Deidara and Sasori performances.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#4 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (alexander @ Nov 25 2010, 01:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great chapter, but I'm a little disapointed with Deidara and Sasori performances.

only the first....but make sure to use spoilers.

#5 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:52 AM

Good chapter.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#6 narukunsakuchan

narukunsakuchan

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:02 AM

hmm interesting --Click here to view--
So the thing that kills them is their soul finally resting in peace? If that is the case, then I guess I can see why Jiraiya wasn't summoned as he seemed ok with his death. While everyone else died with regret. Sai's brother=Sai, Asuma=Shikamaru/kurenai, Dan =Tsunade and all the others. Just makes it more interesting now. and I can see why orochimaru used tags on the first and the second otherwise they may have moved on immediately.

Edited by narukunsakuchan, 25 November 2010 - 01:04 AM.

He is her earth, her foundation upon which to grow, and she is his heaven, his peace and tranquilty and also his reason to shoot for the stars.

#7 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:17 AM

wait a minute --Click here to view--
so the impure world ressurection technique can be stopped if the person broght back has an existential moment?
I'm confused, but I still liked the chapter.

#8 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:22 AM

Being able to free the people by using their emotions actually makes sense, and fits in well with the Naruto universe.

Sai finally shows why he's one of the elite. Some damn cool moves, and some real emotional reactions from him. I wanna give him a hug, now.

Y'know, Kankurou using Sasori as his puppet is way creepy.

#9 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:35 AM

Confusing and possible inconsistent chapter --Click here to view--
QUOTE (alexander @ Nov 24 2010, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same, but on a side note, Sasori doesn't have any of his puppets, especially the one he made of the Third, so he is for all intents and purposes useless.

QUOTE (sardns @ Nov 24 2010, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so the impure world ressurection technique can be stopped if the person broght back has an existential moment?
I'm confused, but I still liked the chapter.

Same. Why couldn't the First or Second do this when fighting the Third?

How did they find out Deidara's explosions could be defused by lightning? From his former village? It would have to be. But at the same time, how did they know they would be fighting the undead Akatsuki?

Why don't they just force Deidara to C4 the crap out of everyone? He can't die, and neither can his comrades. End of war, you win the game!

Edited by chouzu_tao, 25 November 2010 - 01:40 AM.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#10 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 02:06 AM

Very good so far --Click here to view--
Good chapter, too short but I won't complain much as we know now how to beat those zombies...and it really does make sense if we think about it.

Sai vs his brother was good, short and sweet, it was obvious after seeing the book cover how Sai's brother would be defeated. As for the others, I guess we have to find out what would free their soul. For Asuma, it would be something that concern his unborn child ( BTW, he-she much be on the way soon right!?). Neji's father would probably be to see how much the Hyuuga's belief has change since his death. To see that Neji is 'free' from his destiny and that he can get along with the main branch, in that case, Hinata.Some would be more difficult to guess ( At least to me) since we don't have background story for them, like the jinchuuriki. Anyway, that just a guess but I think it will be fun to see that.

One think that made me omfg.gif is to see THAT face.This was predictable but still...scary to see that for real!

#11 crazyefra

crazyefra

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:Living, Having a lot of friends. <br />In terms of music, anything but Bachata (excluding Juan Luis Guerra), Reggaeton and Merengue. <br />In terms of anime and T.V. shows, Naruto, Bleach, Kekkaishi, Psych, Burn Notice, Mythbusters, Family Guy, Attack of the Show, White Collar, Heroes. <br />In terms of movies, anything but Twilight, &quot;girly&quot; movies, high school &quot;dramas&quot;, horror movies (excluding zombie flicks). <br />In terms of fanfics, I only read stories with NS as the pairing or Naruharem fics with Sakura being part of it and nothing where Sakura or Naruto gets bashed constantly and killed like if they were animals.

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:02 AM

meh, could been better. So some were right about Kankuro. Omoi looked cool with the way he cut Sasori's threads.

そして、あなたの声は私が聞いたすべてだった
しかし、私に値するものを手に入れる

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSaku, (Fem)NaruSaku, NaruSasu (as brothers, rivals, best friends), ShikaTema, NaruInoSaku, NaruHarem (excluding Hinata), MinaKushi, ChouIno, YahiKona
Fairy Tail: NatsuLucy, NatsuErza :D
Bleach: IchiRukia

Characters:
Naruto: Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru, Konan, Gaara, Kushina, Kakashi, Ino
Fairy Tail: Erza, Happy, Natsu, Grey, Lucy, Gajeel
Bleach: Ichigo, Nell, Kenpachi, Rukia, Karin, Kon

Misc.: Linkin Park, Green Day

In between Anti and Pro: --Click here to view--

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSakuHina, SakuHina, NaruTayu, KibaHina, SakuKarin
Bleach: IchiHime

Characters:
Naruto: Hinata, Tayuya, Karin, Itachi
Bleach: Orihime, Chad

Misc.: Yuri :D

Pairings:
Naruto: SasuSaku, NaruHina, NaruSasu (as gay lovers), KakaSaku, SasuAnyone, ShikaIno

Characters:
Naruto: Sasuke, Madara, "fanon" Hinata (not to be confused with canon Hinata), Kabuto
Bleach: Aizen, Yamamoto

Misc.:Twilight, Yaoi, Fillers, Sakura bashing

#12 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:03 AM

Wow. I was thoroughly impressed. My fears about this turning into another Gotei 13 vs Arrancar were blown out of the water. This is exactly what I've wanted to see: treat this like an actual war. I just loved the teamwork that came into play here. I was pretty disappointed how quickly Sai's brother was dealt with, but if nothing else I was glad to see Sai do something useful for once after a long time.

Some might be disappointed by how quickly Sasori and Deidara were defeated. Remember, however, they are still alive, and I don't think anything the shinobi forces can do will free their souls. They could come back to wreck more havoc. By the way, lightning inactivates Deidara's techniques because they are earth jutus, which are neutralized by lightning jutsus (that's the main reason Sasuke was able to beat him in the first place).

And yeah, I was at first "WTF!?" seeing how Sai's brother left, but thinking about it now, it makes since in the realm of Naruto and it's theme of love (of people, not romantic...not yet anyway). However, this probably won't work on the revived Akatsuki and many of the jinchuriki; the kages probably will be a challenge to bring peace to as well.

So, the 4th Shinobi War is off to a good start so far. I don't mind seeing the good guys have the upper hand for a while, but Madara and Kabuto are going to have to make a comeback to keep this interesting).

Edited by Kodachi Claws, 25 November 2010 - 03:06 AM.

#13 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:23 AM

Happy that Sai was pitted against fellow artist Deidara, and Sai's art won.

Soooooo.... since Sasori's off the market, I putting my money on Sakura vs. Kabuto. (I think Chiyo is going to fight Kakashi to resolve her zombie issues.)

#14 hotwyr

hotwyr

Shadow man

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:11 AM

I CAN DO SPOILERZ NOW! --Click here to view--
A few of you are having a bit of trouble with the lightning against Deidara's attacks thing, i have a solution.

They wouldn't know that they were gonna fight him, so they wouldn't take precautions against that, but you gotta remember, these are countries that have been to war against each other, and there are members from both sides from where Deidara was from. With someone as "big" as Deidara, they would be able to remember details from his past, like how someone could have found out he had a weakness for lightning back when he was working for his country. Make sense? I mean, with someone and something like that, an opposing country would inform all it's forces of a weakness like that, and someone is bound to remember.

Bit of a ramble, but i think i get the point across tongue.gif

As for freeing the souls of the hokage's, i think it's every hokage's fear that they couldn't do more for there country (or at least in part).

So i see Naruto showing up, acting all badass and stating to them like he has to so many, that "I will become a hokage better than the rest, and bring this world peace" or something along those lines. Naruto would probably make them truly believe it, with him having his sage cloak and looking all badass, then going into RM tongue.gif

... What? A guy can dream tongue.gif but yeah, something like that to put them at ease, and they'd probably be "I'll leave it to you then happy.gif"

Bit rough around the edges, but that kinda baseline, with kishi's style, and i could see that as an epic chapter biggrin.gif

What if life was just black and white ?

Should we actually wonder what if ?.... No.

You have the power to change the future, so stop complaining and change it. No one's gonna fix it for you.

As for me, I shall grasp the sky with my fingertips.

#15 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:13 AM

It was a short chapter, but for all it was worth, it was definitely great and see Sai acting badass was pretty cool too, I'm glad to see he's not as useless as people think he is. sleep.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#16 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:15 AM

Seriously I thought the fight sucked. Kank mopped the floor with Sasori and Deidara with ease. Kishi could of shown something more interesting between Sai and his brother flashback but at least the final page of the book scene was nice and Sai's brother disappearing shortly after.

Edited by Dreamer, 25 November 2010 - 04:18 AM.

#17 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:16 AM

the guy that uses earth element is likely from Iwa >.>

#18 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:53 AM

Whoa! Loved the chapter :D So cool...

#19 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:56 AM

So, I've read this chapter twice and I've been thinking.

For those who don't understand why the resurrected folks are sucking so bad... well, that probably ties in to why it's called Impure resurrection. They're obviously not as 'pure' as the original, so it would seem to make sense that they're probably not as good. They may have the mentality, but if they're actually dead then it's probably harder to control your skills compared to when you were alive.

Another thing about the Impure part... apparently the purpose of that technique is to bring people back who have regrets, or something that they really wish they could have done before they died. When Sai's 'brother' saw the drawing, it cleared up whatever regret he had, and he was able to move on. So in essence, he was likely converted into a Pure soul, and therefore Kabuto's technique no longer had any hold on him. From the looks of things at the end of the chapter, Kankuro is making an attempt at doing the same thing to Sasori. Or at least that's what it's looking like so far.

#20 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:05 AM

Neat character development on Sai's part. I loved Sasori's deadpan response to Kankuro using his puppet body as a weapon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users