58 replies to this topic

#21 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:54 AM

Can someone answer me this; how is it a "night on the town" to celebrate when only one person is drinking himself into a stupor and the rest are as sober as priests?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 03 August 2017 - 05:59 AM.

#22 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:05 AM

I was under the impression Naruto and Hinata were "so in love" they'd have 19 kids and counting. Wasn't that What SP was going for? 

Kishimoto only made two. One a poor NS left over child with really bad hair, and another a mutant mixture of Hinata and Naruto's traits. They can't make anymore kids until after the chunin exams, and they would have to force the manga (which has kishi as the "editor") to make more. Also they are very lazy, predictable, and un-creative bunch.

#23 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:54 PM

Is this story is even still about ninja anymore at this point ? . Did they finally admit they can't create a decent storyline and the sale keep dropping like a stone , so they decide to cater the shipping fans now ?

Expect this show's ending to have a rushed ending like Bleach. All cash cows dry up eventually.

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 03 August 2017 - 05:54 PM.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#24 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:10 PM

I tried watching this latest episode, but ended up cutting it off. Boring. Very boring. Flip the board, do a timeskip, change up the status quo. That's the only chance this show has.  :sleepy:

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 03 August 2017 - 06:11 PM.

Posted Image

#25 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:14 PM

Expect this show's ending to have a rushed ending like Bleach. All cash cows dry up eventually.

We already know the ending. Nail and Bolt will fight over whether to destory the ninja system or preserve it. Nail will be defeated Bolt will win and the same verse as the Naruto ending will happen. Then they will tell us to enjoy the story of Bolt's child Miruto.

I tried watching this latest episode, but ended up cutting it off. Boring. Very boring. Flip the board, do a timeskip, change up the status quo. That's the only chance this show has.  :sleepy:

The first half is the ova again so watch that or read the oneshot will save you some time. The second half is Naruto trying to hang out with his son who wants to do nothing more then whine about his daddy issues to the point I was elated when Fat Filler came.

#26 Yojeveka

Yojeveka

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku, Pokémon, Nuzlockes, Voice Acting

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:00 PM

Boruto Naruto Next Generation Episode 18: A Day in The Life of the Uzumaki Family. So they are trying to convince their audience that Hinata is the terrifying almighty Shounen mother again?

Oh the daughter is sick...great this is going to be an nH family focus episode isn't it (I don't look up the title so I don't know it until after the opening)? The last two episode honestly weren't that bad, since they focused on other character instead of Bolt. So this episode goal is to make us fall in love with this nearly perfect family if we haven't already. Right I'm muting the episode so I won't hear the over-dramatic music that will be playing throughout the episode to make us connect with this family. So bolt is taking care of her and she got sick because she ...stayed in a pool too long last week? Can that even happen cause I've never seen it? What with this family obsession with Hamburgers now? So hinata goes out and get the medicine, better not get it from Sakura or the nH fans will accuse Sakura of trying to poison their "perfect" daughter. So then Bolt looks that a photo that looks like it was taken in the Naruto's Hokage inauguration attire. must have happened the next day because Naruto was knock out cold. Bolt talks about how "(they) had a rough time with (the daughter) back then too." That's a nice way to gloss over the fact that she was hunting him down with the intent to beat him up with a move that causes internal damage.

Opening

Oh it is an nH episode...*deep sigh*. ...Wait. Are they doing a flashback to retcon the inauguration oneshot and ova? Oh my god they are!!! Hold on I did a comment about this months ago. Let me just copy it and see if it still holds up to this episode:"Honestly, it is just pathetic. You can tell that they made that image after seeing the one shot, and realizing the implication that "Naruto might be spurning the marriage bed even before he became hokage." Meaning before they had the excuse that he was swamped with work as the hokage. Which is probably was the case since kishimoto probably made that one shot out of spite to the ending by that point. So they quickly made that image to justify: "No, Naruto has not fallen out of love with Hinata (shown by sleeping in his office), and it utterly miserable (as shown with how he behaves in the one shot.)It's just... uh ... he has a hangover...YES! YES! THAT'S IT! HE WAS OUT LAST NIGHT DRINKING HIMSELF INTO A STUPOR!!! That why he was sleeping in his office, and look utterly miserable throughout the entire story! He just had a hangover. Even thought he showed no signs of having one. You all just seeing him on an off-day. That's it. Normally he's just so non-stop in love with his wife that they even have sex in front of the kids or going around the village that's how much they are totally in love with each other they are. Don't worry everyone, he'll be back to what he should be; once we get into the Boruto anime. And decided what the story-line is for ourselves." It does except the last bit but that's because they are bound by the movie. How is Naruto the only one that looks even the slightest bit intoxicated? He their boss after tomorrow why weren't they drinking along with them. Why were they all the designated driver? The image at least gave me the impression that they all got drunk and Naruto either drank too much/the most or was a light weight. Which Hinata says he is a light weight. Bolt woke up and looks at his drunk dad.

Oh my god the kids do look somewhat slightly younger then they do in other episode! They can age! They can age! So they do the morning bit...we already know what happens so do i have to write about it? It is literally a copy of the ova. Are they trying to save money? So if this is just a copy of the ova I am going to end this summary becasue their is nothing else to talk about that we haven't already discussed before.Wait they kept that bit where she hunted him down!? So she beat her brother so bad that day he swore that he would never upset her again. What a wonderful family. He actually thought he was going to die. What a wonderful family.

OK end of flashback it seem only took half the episode. I do love that only the nH family were the only ones not at the ceremony. So now is the time for Bolt to complain about how dare his father not come home when his daughter has a fever. Then Naruto comes home once he done complaining to check up on the daughter. Naruto's cloak was inside out. After that they start to argue what they should give to daughter when she was sick. They argue so Hinata activates her almighty mom powers, and kicks them out of the house. They decide to get ramen. Bolt is not impressed. Naruto talks up ramen for a moment which was kind of funny. Naruto is using his wedding gift of an all you can eat coupon. They have a poster of Naruto eating ramen in the shop as advertisement. Honestly this is good but could be made better if Bolt wasn't there. Oh they brought up the two page date bit Kishimoto drew for the Last. So they talk and of course the daddy issues is the topic of ever discussion they have. Oh thank god the fat filler is her with Choji for their monthly ramen eating contest; please EAT UP THE REMAINING TIME ON THIS EPISODE SO I DON'T HAVE TO SUFFER ANYMORE OF BOLT'S WHINING!!! NOOOOO!!! Back to Bolt whining about his daddy issue and using those two for his complaining. (skipping) So stuff happens and Naruto at the end talks about how much he wants to protect his family.

Was this episode exist just so they could animate the drinking bit; so they could try to justify Naruto being on the couch again?

Lol, that's sad. And yes, very OOC. But even before this crappy ending-epilogue-milk maker-whatever, we knew that NH couldn't be possible without OOC. At least without any proper development. Yeah, their "hints" were one-sided and I won't change my mind about that.

See? You're perfect making summaries, and since almost everyone will prefer yours, this is why there should be one writer ;)

2r2sxtg.gif

*Needs an English Talker*

#27 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:09 PM

We already know the ending. Nail and Bolt will fight over whether to destory the ninja system or preserve it. Nail will be defeated Bolt will win and the same verse as the Naruto ending will happen. Then they will tell us to enjoy the story of Bolt's child Miruto.

The first half is the ova again so watch that or read the oneshot will save you some time. The second half is Naruto trying to hang out with his son who wants to do nothing more then whine about his daddy issues to the point I was elated when Fat Filler came.

Seeing how persistance SP are .... i'm not gonna surprise if they gonna continue this with Naruto grandchild / Boruto son xD.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#28 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:44 PM

Right, but the joke is scary mom. It's not the same thing, not sure why we are trying to force it into the same thing, which I believe is the mistake's source.

It's out of her character to be a scary mom. Plus, how she was portrayed doing this scary mom thing is very much out of her character. Tsundere characters do this depiction. It's not the first time, but it's the third time. Twice on-screen and once Boruto mentioning it.

It's very possible that they won't cut it out, and it's possible that they will add other kind of Tsundere behavioral and/or verbal expressions, thoughts and speech to Hinata.

#29 BlackShirtGuy

BlackShirtGuy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Videogames, Anime, Naruto, Dragon Ball, Spider-Man, Megaman, Ace Attorney Series.

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:49 PM

It's out of her character to be a scary mom. Plus, how she was portrayed doing this scary mom thing is very much out of her character. Tsundere characters do this depiction. It's not the first time, but it's the third time. Twice on-screen and once Boruto mentioning it.

It's very possible that they won't cut it out, and it's possible that they will add other kind of Tsundere behavioral and/or verbal expressions, thoughts and speech to Hinata.

It's contradictory to the plot too, if Hinata was as scary as Burrito mentions she is, he and her sister wouldn't have growned up to be the disrespectful little shi ts they are.

“There are many types of monsters in this world, monsters who will not show themselves and who cause trouble. Monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood, and, monsters who always tell lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance, they are much more cunning than other monsters. They pose as humans, even though they have no understanding of the human heart. They eat, even though they've never experienced hunger. They study even though the have no interest in academics. They seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such a monster, I would likely be eaten by it, because in truth, I am that monster.”   -L. Lawliet

#30 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:05 AM

Wait analyzer, if Boruto is already such an "instant success" that has already surpassed it predecessor in sales and is beat both one piece and dragonball super; why shouldn't they make the sequel Miruto (looking), then another sequel of Suruto (then), and then a sequel Teruto (with shining)? And so on till the end of time? According to you the Naruto franchise cannot fail because it so flawless, and immune from people getting sick and tired of it?

#31 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:28 AM

Hinata is not a Tsundere character, so it doesn't fit. She's not being cold and hostile, really, just a protective (And here scary) mother. It's not OOC either, because she's grown into a mom, and her motherly traits cannot be 100% implied or guessed at.

Either you're being stubborn or you're not understanding what I'm saying.

A character growing to a mom doesn't have to act that way unless they're Tsundere which Hinata is not a Tsundere. Protective in that way falls for a Tsundere character. Hinata is being out of character when she does act in a Tsundere way.

#32 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:10 PM

No, Kishimoto just made two. Why are we bashing SP?

1. It was SP that that wanted Hinata to be Naruto's waifu. If you say that I or anyone here can't prove that, "can YOU prove that they had no hand in it"? If not, leave it at that.

2. I'm well aware that Kishimoto made 2 kids only. I'm merely wondering why that this so called perfect family is not even acting like a proper family. Naruto avoids his wife and kids like a plague, and he's not putting any effort into seeing them, even before he became Hokage. And speaking of which why was he sleeping on the couch on the day of his "starting office" ceremony instead of with Hinata? If Naruto and Hinata are "so in love" why is this what their relationship is reduced to?

Edited by Phantom_999, 04 August 2017 - 10:10 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#33 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:33 PM

And it is Naruto's generation that forms really the answer to the question of peace: Unity and Cooperation. Obito and Madra alone are not the cause for the Allied Shinobi Alliance.

In the sense that this wasn't their objective, sure. The villages still had to decide to do this. However, it is why they do. I always found this unsatisfying and shallow. I think the cycle of hatred theme worked far better when it issue between individuals. This was developed from the get-go.

I think it's lost much of its effectiveness when it was taken between villages because the causes that started and kept it going became more and more general. In one of your answers, you talked about the aftermath of WWII. The aftermath of that war is also illustrative of why limits of this answer and why it felt so unsatisfying. Their reason for unification and cooperation never went far beyond "the enemy of my enemy." We knew very little about the inner workings of other villages and why the villages hated each other. In the aftermath of WWII, the alliance between the West and the USSR evaporated when the mutual threat did. The underlying issues that the mutual threat paper over rose back to the surface and the world endured a 40 year cold war that included several proxy wars. Did the kid of issues that existed between the west (particularly the US) and the USSR exist between villages? We don't know. I don't even recall them mentioning "economy" a reason and, as a reader, that is not enough to make me care.

I think taking the idea "world-wide" made sense when it was made, but I think it watered down this theme significantly and was a major contributing factor to the issue that plagued the series after the Pain arc.s

It's one of the many reasons I'm such an anti-ender.

This child soldiers argument is silly for a few reasons:
1: There's no problem with it, it's an accepted part of the setting. The problem with the setting was really, the cycle of hared, as mentioned, and economy. Child soldiers were never equated in Naruto as being part of the problem. They are affected by these things, feel these things, but they are not the problem.
2: Moving away from the world itself, young ninja work to match the audience's ages, making it something exciting that they can relate to, as their chronic issues are going to be relatable problems.
3: The last bit is bashing, because No one is easily refutable, making it statements of just bashful air.
4: We don't know the extent of Naruto's full work load, but we see from images of his office, and what he says himself, that his tasks are not simple nor things that can be finished quickly. We also never saw Tsunade beset with family responsibilities, or the Third Hokage, so these comparisons lack equitable variables. We do see Naruto sometimes make time, as in this episode actually, when he leaves a shadowclone to work with Shikamaru, coming home to see if his daughter is okay.

For most of the series #1 was true, but during the war arc the First specifically complained about children having to fight and effectively said that while even what they did during his reign (they started at 12-13) was not good, it was progress from what the old system was like. The child soldier thing was definitely an issue for the First. In addition, in Chapter 700 Chouji asks what is the place for ninja in this era of peace? I've said in other threads, that I think this was an obvious route for Boruto to go in an era where Naruto achieved World Peace, but it was ignored because of the reason you site: this is a ninja manga aimed at 12-13 boys. The series could get away with it if it didn't bring it up. But the series brought it up and then proceeded as business as usual for ninja.

As for (4), you are right. We don't know, but that's not the issue. And that is a big problem. It's why I tend to concur about the complaints to Naruto's character. It's not hard to believe Naruto would through himself into that job and inadvertently neglect his own family. It is hard to believe he would do so on the paperwork end and would almost willfully do so (texting Boruto rather than seeing him). Naruto's personality was one of a Patton type of leader and not an Eisenhower. I could see Naruto personally injecting himself into every dispute both between villages and between citizens because he wants that cooperation and cares that much about both. It's so much harder to buy that he'd skip his daughter's birthday over generic paperwork. Maybe he needs to fix that treaty or it's Ninja War 5? Who knows because the story doesn't say and the time gap is so wide we don't know at what point he was willing to choose paperwork of kids birthday. The story of the Kage is Naruto is almost exclusive that of the military leader and not the day-day or civilian aspect of the job.

Some explanation justifying the action or character change would have been nice. Some idea of the nature of the work and what he's working on would help. We're just left assume it's a big work load and super important that he can't even attend a birthday party.

This, from a writing stand point, is probably my biggest contention with Boruto as a series: it's been pretty lazy on the details. They are important. 

2: You should watch the Anime? It largely disproves and answers your questions: Naruto isn't -avoiding- his family, he does try to spend time with them, albeit maybe not in a balanced way yet, and hey, he was up late and drunk. The couch is clarified now. Look, NH is not a perfect family, and no one is saying that. But they aren't this other  wild theory sort of family you are putting forward either.

I would agree that many of the anti-NH arguments (as they pertain to Boruto) suffer from the idea that because he isn't shown doing X, he must never do X or its cousin because he is shown doing Y once he must do it all the time. Kinda of like Tsunade as being portrayed as always drunk on the job in fanfiction. I think the manga provides sufficient evidence that Naruto has issues as a father (workaholic/has trouble understanding Boruto) without having to assume stuff into existence.

NH bores me, but I don't think the series is trying to portray it as an unhappy family. There problems are what we see on paper. 

#34 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:46 PM

Thanks, I really loved this response. Probably my favorite I've seen, because its really nicely put and stated, also, doesn't include bashing, and I find myself agreeing a lot.

Because yes, one of the brilliant things, and short-comings is all of these really cool elements, different nations, backstories of all these different clans, past tensions, get mentioned, sometimes fleshed out slightly, in this really interesting deep world. Kishimoto doesn't explore all of it though, and IMO spends too much time on the Uchiha/Sasuke things that sort of bog down the plot.

I see this same fault. But ultimately the End does wrap up things nicely, so I put myself on the like the end side.

On the last part, it is also an interesting the take.

An episode could solve this, explain what Naruto does, or an explanation of zest, and really wanting to focus on his dream of seeing the village of his family, or really, show his work ethic.

But as you mentioned, the exact details aren't shown, they're more informed. So the execution here isn't perfect.

I don't even think it would hurt empathy towards Boruto if they also created empathy toward Naruto, and you show the tragedy of the burden of a heavy, very important world leader sort of job.

But a possible reason why it is not done, is they may think that it is not an interesting point for the general audience to be interested in seeing fleshed out, since it's, I assume, probably lacking any fun action.

Thanks, I really loved this response. Probably my favorite I've seen, because its really nicely put and stated, also, doesn't include bashing, and I find myself agreeing a lot.

Because yes, one of the brilliant things, and short-comings is all of these really cool elements, different nations, backstories of all these different clans, past tensions, get mentioned, sometimes fleshed out slightly, in this really interesting deep world. Kishimoto doesn't explore all of it though, and IMO spends too much time on the Uchiha/Sasuke things that sort of bog down the plot.

I see this same fault. But ultimately the End does wrap up things nicely, so I put myself on the like the end side.

On the last part, it is also an interesting the take.

An episode could solve this, explain what Naruto does, or an explanation of zest, and really wanting to focus on his dream of seeing the village of his family, or really, show his work ethic.

But as you mentioned, the exact details aren't shown, they're more informed. So the execution here isn't perfect.

I don't even think it would hurt empathy towards Boruto if they also created empathy toward Naruto, and you show the tragedy of the burden of a heavy, very important world leader sort of job.

But a possible reason why it is not done, is they may think that it is not an interesting point for the general audience to be interested in seeing fleshed out, since it's, I assume, probably lacking any fun action.

My biggest reasons for being anti-end was the lack of accountability. It happened so many times and, in some cases, some really awful behavior effectively went unpunished (if not outright ignored). It was pretty egregious. I still can't think of a more cringe inducing line than "Obtio, is a cool guy." Kabuto running an orphanage was the visual representation of this. 

#35 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 02:36 AM

World peace doesn't necessarily mean no show. I've always imagined a post-cycle of hatred world where Ninjas fought on a professional setting (kind of like Pro-bending in the Legend of Korra). They could also do a show where shinobi are obsolete and Boruto, the only remaining shinobi maybe, is trying to find his place in a post-shinobi world.

Of course, I don't like the whole "cycle of hatred" idea in the first place and feel it was a misguided attempt to escalate the stakes of this series to their highest conceivable point. Which was completely unnecessary. Bigger (solving a world wide metaphysical problem) does not always mean better and all these efforts to make Naruto into something he has never been (destine child, child of prophecy, reincarnation of some uber-power dude of the past, etc) set Kishimoto up for some checks he was never going to be able to cash and paved the way for the mediocrity of the ending. Naruto already had goals (save Sasuke and become Hokage). Didn't need to keep escalating further and further.

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 05 August 2017 - 02:38 AM.

Posted Image

#36 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 07:51 AM

https://someone-who-...cters-immensely

"They really do change the characters immensely. Now Naruto is a proto-fascist, declaring his love for the huge family, lmaooo! They couldn’t sugarcoat a murderous ideology anymore, could they? 

What’s coming next? Naruto claiming that his dream of being the Hokage isn’t important? Whoops, my bad, that already happened in the recent episodes."

...Apparently I should not have skipped that last bit apparently if this happened.

Also someone was finally able to explain the difference between Bolt's and Naruto's behavior.

"Naruto was a different kind of brat. He played pranks and broke stuff because he was alone and after attention. Boruto is just a little kitten, he’s rude to his teammates, his father, his teachers, and blatantly disobeys an order from the hokage by using illegal ninja tools. They make it seem like he does it “for attention” but Boruto gets plenty. “Boo hoo my daddy spends more time than I like at work” but yet he’s treated as a genius, gets the love and attention from his peers and teachers that Naruto never got from anyone but Iruka. And kitten man, his family isn’t dead! So what the hell is the kid whining about?

I know myself well enough to know I’m going to watch Boruto anyways, but that being said, mostly I watch because Sarada is pretty cool, and I wanna know what’s up with Mitsuki. But tbh Borutos character is just a little twat, and I’m hoping he grows out of it, fast."

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 05 August 2017 - 08:12 AM.

#37 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:20 AM

tumblr_ou47rqEJLS1thuiero1_1280.jpg

https://asumiiis.tum...nto-new-kushina

I have to say being in anti boruto tag tumblr is extremely breezy and enjoyable.

Edited by Yyubie, 05 August 2017 - 11:27 AM.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#38 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:43 PM

Hinata goes sakurafication. What a great writing :zaru:

#39 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 04:56 PM

Hinata goes sakurafication. What a great writing :zaru:

Canon: 

Gey4m12.jpg

Posted Image

#40 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 05:56 PM

It's one of those jokes that is "hahaha" on one end, but "Wait a minute, there might be something to this . . ." on the other. :ermm:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users