James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Nov 3 2009, 05:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Easy, buddy. sleep.gif

I am sorry. I didn't mean to get like that. I think my Bi-polar is acting up again. So before I make an ass of myself, I shall excuse myself and not post until I am in my right mind again.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 03 November 2009 - 12:52 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#402 Chesh

Chesh

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:20 PM

So after 21 Pages i can say 90+% of us still have the faith that Narusaku will survive this and them Blossom into full on love smile.gif

Most likely when they meet up with sasuke again

NxS Forever

Edited by Chesh, 03 November 2009 - 01:20 PM.

I'm making perfect sense your just not keeping up

#403 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:26 PM

That is a very good assumption and things look very much like they are going in that direction.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#404 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:34 PM

Indeed they do.

#405 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 02:21 PM

Probably won't be any 470 spoilers today due to a National Cultural Day Holiday in Japan. I guess Nja is taking a internet break as well. sleep.gif

#406 Merger Knight

Merger Knight

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE (AnimeLeader @ Nov 3 2009, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes some people tend to do them to mess around with everyones head because of the situation currently in chapther 469. Hopefully within the next chapter or two things will get cleared up between Naruto and Sakura.

people confuse m e sometimes

QUOTE (Chesh @ Nov 3 2009, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So after 21 Pages i can say 90+% of us still have the faith that Narusaku will survive this and them Blossom into full on love smile.gif

Most likely when they meet up with sasuke again

NxS Forever

only 90%?

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Nov 3 2009, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Probably won't be any 470 spoilers today due to a National Cultural Day Holiday in Japan. I guess Nja is taking a internet break as well. sleep.gif

I hate suspense huh.gif

well were kind of talking bout it here

http://www.narusaku....?showtopic=9348

#407 deafdrum

deafdrum

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:16 AM

Well, I doubt I can articulate any truly unique feedback, as this topic has been covered quite extensively already, but as a fan (albeit a lurker), I feel I must give my thoughts as well.

Reading this chapter by itself over and over admittedly got me discouraged, as the "confession" seemed to feel less and less authentic every time I went through it. However, something I did afterward which I would encourage everyone who feels the same discouragement I did, is to go back through and re-read your favorite handful of NaruSaku moments (the ones I would recommend off the top of my head would be the bench scene in chapter 3, the PoaL, the scene afterward in the hospital in chapter 236, chapters 296-297, and the feeding scene in 343). These scene provide an enlightening context that in my mind reiterated the development of the pairing and made me a little more optimistic for the future.

A major thing I noticed is how the PoaL has evolved, at least in Sakura's mind, over time since Naruto gave it to her. It went from "Please save Sasuke, you're the only one who can do it," to "We'll save him together," to "I'll save Sasuke for you," and finally, "You don't have to save Sasuke for me anymore." This is significant, because it shows her increased consideration for what Naruto has gone through, from physical to emotional hardships. At each instance that she makes these changes, she is thinking about the pain that Naruto is in, and what she can do to alleviate it.

Putting the authenticity of her statements in 469 aside for a moment, the determination she shows as she prepares to tell Naruto these things seems to imply that she is prepared to accept whatever consequences arise should her requests be followed. We often hear of people doing the "right things for the wrong reasons," but in this case, I believe Sakura is doing the "wrong things for the right reasons." her request to Naruto to essentially "give up Sasuke" was spoken with Naruto's well-being in mind. I am actually reminded of when Jiraiya tried to do the same thing at the end of Part I, since he knew through his ordeal with Orochimaru the extent of what Naruto could go through. What Sakura is essentially trying to do is to take her feelings (at least, any feelings she feels for Sasuke) out of the equation, and only focus on Naruto's. To me, this is actually a very noble thing Sakura does, but she fails to fully understand is that Naruto has already been doing the same thing for her through the very thing she is asking him to forget about--the PoaL. This is the tragic paradox of self-sacrificing love. Even if you ignore your own feelings for the sake of someone else's, that person's feelings are already dependent upon yours, and thus you only end up hurting them.

Perhaps the reason Naruto finds it hard to accept that Sakura's feelings have changed is because he has always seen much of himself in her (exhibit A: chapter 3), and the bond that he has developed with Sasuke hasn't changed, at least on Naruto's end, despite all that Sasuke has done.

On the bright side, I do think that there is a positive solution that still allows for NaruSaku, but I don't think this can occur until Team 7's bonds have been solidified, and that is going to depend on the actions and feelings of Sasuke. Only then can the "particulars" of those bonds be made known. As far as whether or not her feelings about Naruto are genuine, I believe that Sakura's self-sacrificing mentality serves at least as another brick in the foundation of a romantic relationship. We know she wants Naruto to be happy, and is prepared to reciprocate his feelings to that end, but what I believe is also important is what she feels when she no longer has to force herself--or in other words, what she feels on reflex. This will be determined largely in part by her actions in the future, which are going to have a much more lasting impact and are going to reflect her feelings much more accurately than her words alone.

Sorry for the long post. I hope someone found it at least partially insightful.

#408 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:29 AM

@deafdrum

Awesome post! I think you highlight many encouraging thoughts about the chapter that NS fans should keep in mind. I especially liked how you showed how the POAL had evolved because I had never thought of that. Even amidst all of the awkwardness there is evidence that Sakura is maturing. She's not quite there yet, but at least there is a trend. And her self-sacrificing habit is extremely similar to what Naruto does for her...and of course we know Naruto does it because he is in love with her happy.gif

#409 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:02 AM

People...

This thread has past the Spoilers Thread, 21 pages... lord have mercy...

Another item that will move to the Museum very soon...

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#410 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:03 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Nov 4 2009, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People...

This thread has past the Spoilers Thread, 21 pages... lord have mercy...

Another item that will move to the Museum very soon...

You build it, they will come.

pictureem0.gif

#411 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:05 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Nov 4 2009, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

pictureem0.gif

I didn't build this thread... tongue.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#412 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Nov 4 2009, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

pictureem0.gif

I just can't believe that you actually used that line XD

#413 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:01 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Nov 3 2009, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

pictureem0.gif

You forgot the "If"

QUOTE (Derock @ Nov 3 2009, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't build this thread... tongue.gif

You didn't? I must be going crazu!!! Ah!

Wow, I've stayed away from this thread to steer clear of pessimistic posts, it feels like that seems to be clearing now.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#414 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:53 AM

We built this thread on rock and roll

*with apologies to starship LOL*
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users