• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 24 September 2015 - 07:52 PM

naruspot 

screenshots, pedos included

sasuke x karin scene, similar to naruto x sakura scene in ova 2011

SUMMARY OF EPISODE 431: TO SEE THAT SMILE JUST ONE MORE TIME [FILLER]
  • We start with a flash forward: a dying Karin asking Sasuke to smile like he did that day.
  • The starts the flashback to Karin’s (mostly) filler background: Karin’s mother dies and a young (less than 10 years old Karin) takes her role in Kusagakure’s medical unit. Which means being bitten by men all over.
  • She endures the abuse due to being an outsider who was taken in by the village, and is then sent to the Chuunin exams (to act as the healer of her group) where she meets Sasuke (the scene is slightly extended to show a blushing Karin).
  • Due to her poor performance, she is sent to another mission. There she realizes that if this keeps up, she’s going to die.
  • Once again we see Pierrot’s filler first meeting between Orochimaru and Karin (he saves her from being trafficked).
  • She meets Kabuto and starts being abused again right away.
  • Karin helps in Juugo’s experiments (not shown) which grants her the position as jailer of the Southern Cell. She thinks she’s finally free from being bitten now. 
  • Karin sees Sasuke again in the hideout and is told he will become Orochimaru’s  vessel.
  • Then we see some old scenes:
    • Sasuke beating Oro.
    • Sasuke coming to recruit Karin.
    • Karin saving Sasuke during the Killerbee fight.
    • Karin saving Sasuke during the Danzou fight.
  • Then starts Karin’s actual Tsukuyomi dream: it’s unclear whether Sasuke stabbed her in her dream, but I assume he didn’t because after beating Danzou, Sasuke thanks Taka after bringing down Danzou and lets them know he plans to become Hokage and build a new Konoha. He actually succeeds. Juugo comes to let Sasuke know that Karin is in trouble. Karin has been attacked and captured by the same people who abused her in the past. She frees herself and kills the main culprit. She wakes up to a worried Sasuke, tells him it’s too late for her and asks him one last favor: for him to smile again. He begins to do so and we pan to Karin inside her Tsukuyomi cocoon, smiling.

The episode is really uncomfortable to watch. Emphasis on the really. So here is a more thorough summary for those who would like to know what happened in more detail! (including all the ways Pierrot disregarded Karin’s Databook background because well why not).

We meet Karin’s mom, who died after being suck dry by Kusagakure ninja. After her death, a really young Karin (around 8 years at most) is taken in to work (or be exploited) in the medical care unit, which basically means being bitten over and over again by strangers in different areas of her body.

Given that the manga hinted pretty clearly that Karin’s healing-bite was most likely the result of experiments from Orochimaru, the above is really, really out there.

Pierrot also airs again their filler version of Karin’s and Orochimaru’s first meeting, which has Oro saving Karin from being trafficked and sold as a child. 

This goes against her canon background - as far as the databook is concerned - which states that:

Once, in a village destroyed by the fires of war, a young girl stood, totally unscathed. She said, “I knew a lot of people were approaching.” This is how Orochimaru came to bring Karin to Otogakure.

Then there is filler of Pierrot’s take on Sasuke and Karin’s 2nd meeting, which seems to happen when they’re both 15. So in Pierrot’s timeline, Karin did serve Orochimaru out of undying loyalty for him (nevermind that even in this filler Oro promises her that no one “is going to touch her again” only to use her in the same way the Kusagakure ninja were doing). 

The databook, on the other hand, states that:

Which seems to be backed up by how Karin only ever seems to address Orochimaru as ‘sama’ when he’s within earshot.

However, although she was Orochimaru’s subordinate, she never felt any loyalty to him. She continued because of her love for Sasuke.

Of course, this is nothing but me beating a dead horse since Karin’s background was never explored nor alluded to in the manga in one way or another. But still, there were quite a few ways in which Pierrot could have explored it, IMO lol

copied review from a sasuke x karin blog x

Edited by Hanabi, 24 September 2015 - 08:17 PM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#2 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 24 September 2015 - 07:54 PM

few things i want to say about this..

1. uzumaki chains are a birthright, healing bites is karin and only karin's ability

2. studio pierrot staff are pedos

Edited by Hanabi, 24 September 2015 - 07:59 PM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#3 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 07:57 PM

So if you're a fan, you would know this is The Last continuity error level.

#4 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:13 PM

Ok this is uhh... I got nothing.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#5 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:15 PM

All I can say is, what the hell?

#6 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,037 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 24 September 2015 - 09:06 PM

This is awful. I mean... why?

509356167_759751.gif?4

#7 Swagkura

Swagkura

真夜中の太陽

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts
  • Interests:KakaSaku & NaruSaku

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:11 AM

That's disgusting as f**ck ugh...
The SasuKarin scene looks really beautiful though :sad:
tumblr_o2ymbkICMv1ttuk3wo3_500.gif

#8 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,037 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:24 AM

That's disgusting as f**ck ugh...
The SasuKarin scene looks really beautiful though :sad:

Yep. Why couldn't this and NS be canon? Is it because of money? Is it because they're pervs?

509356167_759751.gif?4

#9 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:30 AM

Yep. Why couldn't this and NS be canon? Is it because of money? Is it because they're pervs?

Within the second question lies the answer.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#10 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:55 AM

All I can say is what the kitten Studio Pierrot, what the kitten? Do you hate Karin that much that you have to degrade her, and the other female Naruto characters? But wait, that's what you always do isn't it? Bunch of sick people...

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#11 Michi

Michi

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 01:35 AM

...are you sh-tting me?

bunch of nasty f-cks. UGH.

I can't even... POOR KARIN. I LOVE HER.

how dare they do this to her?

aeb83504-2ae7-426f-b3d0-4fb11dcfd84b_zps

pfeffersteak.tumblr.com

#12 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,037 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 02:16 AM

...are you sh-tting me?

bunch of nasty f-cks. UGH.

I can't even... POOR KARIN. I LOVE HER.

how dare they do this to her?

How dare they do this to every character we once loved? 

509356167_759751.gif?4

#13 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 25 September 2015 - 05:51 AM

First Hinata's naked dance recital and now this bdsm crap?

Disgusting. They're not even high school age, they're kids for pete's sakes.(And even then high school age is pushing it.)

cut.gif

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#14 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,037 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:52 AM

First Hinata's naked dance recital and now this bdsm crap?

Disgusting. They're not even high school age, they're kids for pete's sakes.(And even then high school age is pushing it.)

cut.gif

Even Jonah Hill hates this and he made Allen Gregory.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#15 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 05:00 PM

That's just sick

What the kitten is wrong with Pierrot?

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#16 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 25 September 2015 - 05:36 PM

Sp and its kitten staff needs to be put away in an asylum immediately. 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#17 Toby

Toby

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 02:10 AM

I was creeped out and there's that scene where Karin murdered her father I think? 

#18 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 16 October 2015 - 08:04 AM

WELL. I think this guarantees no alternate ending like some were hoping, if anything it worsens the series even more and the anime already has less people watching it and isn't even close to the top anime in japan anymore, and now this, if they keep pulling this pedo crap the anime could die,its already beating a dead horse with other it dreams, not like I give a crap though. disgusting though. I'm glad I have left the anime behind for good now, this would have been horrible, I swear if this shows on toonami, oh boy....

Edited by ultranx, 16 October 2015 - 08:06 AM.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#19 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:10 PM

I wonder if the staff that were against the ending are really sabotaging the anime on purpose. 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#20 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 16 October 2015 - 01:15 PM

WELL. I think this guarantees no alternate ending like some were hoping, if anything it worsens the series even more and the anime already has less people watching it and isn't even close to the top anime in japan anymore, and now this, if they keep pulling this pedo crap the anime could die,its already beating a dead horse with other it dreams, not like I give a crap though. disgusting though. I'm glad I have left the anime behind for good now, this would have been horrible, I swear if this shows on toonami, oh boy....

yep I mean we have both pokemon and Dragon ball super at least both of which are far better than Naruto.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: karin, that smile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users