32 replies to this topic

#1 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:47 AM

Lets listen to the mods and use this this new thread to discuss about kishimoto's injured hand and his level of involvement in chapter 573 instead of the movie thread.

#2 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:01 AM

Filler or not, 573 was just an overall waste of time. Nothing happens. At all. So what if Hinata decides that she needs to be more proactive or something? Yippie.

#3 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:04 AM

A filler chapter...?... Sorry, but that's a huge stretch. Sure, we can think of it ourselves, but we should definitely avoid bringing that into any debates. It just...sounds outrageous. The definition of "filler" is stuff that isn't in the manga, right? All I know is, whether Kishi was injured or not, whether he drew this chapter or not, it just...wouldn't stand as a firm argument.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#4 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE (Dragunov @ May 1 2012, 01:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Filler or not, 573 was just an overall waste of time. Nothing happens. At all. So what if Hinata decides that she needs to be more proactive or something? Yippie.

You're right. Nothing happened. For the first 3 - 4 pages it was a drawing of the ground with footprints.

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#5 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:45 AM

I can't believe people are still talking about this. Whatever if it was in the manga then it's canon so what? It's not like Hinata is actually going to approach Naruto and tell him to get together with him or she will kill herself please. sweatdrop.gif. She knows very well that he will never like her and that he has always like Sakura, there's nothing she can do. It took her 400+ chapters to finally tell him the three words, and that was thinking she was going to die. If it wasn't for that she would still be keeping the secret to herself. Stop taking it too seriously 573 it was just Hinata doing her usual wishful thinking of what she wants to do with Naruto, she's not really going to go through with it.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#6 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:58 AM

Well, if he didn't write it, then he must have said something to that respect. Just because he injured his hand doesn't mean he cannot dictate it? Can he?

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#7 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:00 AM

Even if he didn't write it himself in this case, it premiered in the manga so it's canon. The canon might be changed a little if the chapter was not what he wanted, but right now, it's canon. There's no denying that. The only 'fillers' are non-manga extra's like the anime and movies.

Posted Image

Sig made by me though. XD

Check out my father and son Minato and Naruto group on FF.net
http://www.fanfictio..._No_Yaoi/74936/

#8 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:10 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Apr 30 2012, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't believe people are still talking about this. Whatever if it was in the manga then it's canon so what? It's not like Hinata is actually going to approach Naruto and tell him to get together with him or she will kill herself please. sweatdrop.gif. She knows very well that he will never like her and that he has always like Sakura, there's nothing she can do. It took her 400+ chapters to finally tell him the three words, and that was thinking she was going to die. If it wasn't for that she would still be keeping the secret to herself. Stop taking it too seriously 573 it was just Hinata doing her usual wishful thinking of what she wants to do with Naruto, she's not really going to go through with it.

Naruto knows very well that Sakura still has feelings for Sasuke, and Kishi show the readers that she still maintains her feelings for him.
So to be honest there are still the Same.

Nara>>>>Saku
Hina>>>>Naru
Saku>>>>Sasu

with some Drama between Sakura>>>Naruto.

#9 The Tax-Man

The Tax-Man

Sapien Chronologia

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:17 AM

First, this is in the wrong forum.

On point, even if his hand was injured, he would himself dictate what was being drawn. All an injured hand would do is perhaps make the actual illustrations of lesser quality. Nothing more. I doubt the guy who said this was telling the truth, since he never showed any proof he had any sources. So even an injured hand is a total rumour in my opinion. Forget a 'non-canon' chapter.

naruto.gif

1. "This is worthless NONSENSE."
2. "This is an interesting, but perverse, point of view..."
3. "True, but quite unimportant."
4. "I ALWAYS SAID SO!"

#10 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:18 AM

This doesn't belong in the Konoha Theater since it only talks about a manga chapter.

Moving thread.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#11 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:43 AM

*Goes to check Chapter 573* OK there is zero chance this chapter is a filler, afterall it would be silly if Kishi didn't dictate the contents of the chapter, and the entire Nin force of the five nations were not meant to meet up with Naruto and fight together.

I wouldn't worry too much about what Hinata said, until the feelings are confirmed by Naruto, as was shown when her confession almost got forgotten. I've found not caring much about the pairing suggestions in the manga is best thing to do, as we get trolled too often in the manga, we get hints of SasuSaku, the NaruSaku, then it's NAruHina then SasuKira, it's a vicious cycle, and honestly the romance part of the manga is starting to lose it's appeal.

iAnby7W.gif

#12 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:28 AM

QUOTE (The Tax-Man @ Apr 30 2012, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First, this is in the wrong forum.

On point, even if his hand was injured, he would himself dictate what was being drawn. All an injured hand would do is perhaps make the actual illustrations of lesser quality. Nothing more. I doubt the guy who said this was telling the truth, since he never showed any proof he had any sources. So even an injured hand is a total rumour in my opinion. Forget a 'non-canon' chapter.

Exactly. I don't believe it because it in no way fits what happens when a mangaka gets ill or injured. And the website that was pointed out as the source of this rumor isn't even Japanese. It's a Brazilian Naruto forum....
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#13 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:30 AM

To be honest, does it really even matter? Its a bit too much to kitten it up like that. Yeah, the chapter was bad, but it cant be misconceived either. If Kishimoto didnt want it, theres no way in hell that it could be published.

#14 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:03 AM

Wait....what now? I missed something.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#15 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE (donjoseph19 @ Apr 30 2012, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Naruto knows very well that Sakura still has feelings for Sasuke, and Kishi show the readers that she still maintains her feelings for him.
So to be honest there are still the Same.

Nara>>>>Saku
Hina>>>>Naru
Saku>>>>Sasu

with some Drama between Sakura>>>Naruto.

To Kishi Hinata will be only one thing Hinata=pairing fodder to add drama and tension in the development of the main pairing, just like Sasuke in the topic of NS development.

Edited by Gravenimage, 01 May 2012 - 09:55 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#16 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ May 1 2012, 01:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lets listen to the mods and use this this new thread to discuss about kishimoto's injured hand and his level of involvement in chapter 573 instead of the movie thread.

I think we should not get fooled by this hoax. Even if it turns to be true, what's done is done, like it or not. I bet the person who started this is laughing right now due to our reaction smile.gif

Case closed?

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#17 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:52 AM

Wow.. Why're we even discussing this? Honestly now.. Who cares. There is no way a chapter would be released without Kishimoto's approval anyways. "Filler" or not it's still a chapter and just take it as it is. No need to be scared just because Hinata said she wants to "hold Naruto's hand and walk with him". C'mon guys...

#18 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:47 AM

A filler is for me "something that isn't relevant to the story at all".

If it is a filler, he'll make up for it.

ナルサク

#19 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:48 AM

QUOTE (Namaenash @ May 1 2012, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think we should not get fooled by this hoax. Even if it turns to be true, what's done is done, like it or not. I bet the person who started this is laughing right now due to our reaction smile.gif

Case closed?

Agreed. It's not like anything could have been done without Kishi's approval.

#20 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:04 PM

Ok, I just looked at the chapter to see what this is all about....

And all I have to say is: Are you kidding me?

First, the source is highly questionable. Murky details from a website that no one from here regularly participates in. (So we can't even trace it to a source to verify...well, anything.)

Second, Kishimoto certainly uses secondary artists and assistants to produce Naruto on such a tight schedule. I don't know how many, or in what capacity (filling in backgrounds or inking, for example), but he absolutely cannot work alone. It would be humanly impossible to produce it at the level he does nearly every week for 10+ years without help. So the fact that someone else illustrated part or even all is a non-issue. If Kishimoto's hands was bitten off by a shark, then he could still approve of the work of artists who's sole job is to imitate his style in carrying out his story. And if Kishimoto's eyes were bitten off by a shark, then his editor would still be there to push through the original intent of Kishimoto's storyline and champion his vision. (Let's hope none of him has to fend off a shark though!)

In a nutshell, Kishimoto doesn't work alone. And just because an artists assists with some or all doesn't necessarily make it a worthless "filler" chapter.

Which brings me to my last point: This is not a filler chapter. It's clear from the sweeping scenes to the time spent giving voice to so many familiar characters that this was a chapter Kishimoto had planned for a while. Particularly with the visual repetition of feet running in the mud (bringing a loud, thundering sound to mind as you read it) only to switch that to rain drops on a unmoving footprints (the sound also switches to a soft pattering). There is a visual pause with the repetition of those images, a build up...then the crack of lightning brings back Sasuke. Could it get more dramatic?!

The same thing happened with Kabuto in the last chapter. The dripping blood was a visual cue uniting the whole chapter. So these are particular points in the overall story that Kishimoto has had dancing around in his head for a long time. It shows in the extra details.

He's done yawn-worthy chapters, don't get me wrong, but 573 wasn't one of them.

Edited by tricksie, 01 May 2012 - 01:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users