#1 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:38 PM

I guess the people who wanted kishi to stop writing manga came true! lol

This news kinda surprised me i was not expecting that at all.

Heres the link explaining the situation.

http://sozo-ryokuart...nces-retirement

UPDATE: I found out that the article i provided had some mistranslation. kishimoto will not be quiting as a manga author but won't be writing/drawing anything naruto related anymore. 

Edited by rikakim94, 08 July 2015 - 10:29 PM.

#2 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:46 PM

Good riddence.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#3 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:55 PM

There is a God!!!!

Shame he retired with his head looking down in shame instead of his head held high with pride. Will always remember him as the sellout and not the 450 chapters before he sold out.

Edited by harry4e, 02 July 2015 - 02:57 PM.

iAnby7W.gif

#4 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:58 PM

it's a pity. he's retiring just when he was in the best moment of his career...

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#5 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:05 PM

Actually now im hearing that the article is a bit mistranslated. And someone who reads japanese said that kishi will not be drawing naruto anymore rather than him quiting as a mangaka.

#6 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:07 PM

yeah... more like that... The boruto stuff will be his final work about naruto's world. After this, he won't draw anymore regarding it.

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#7 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:39 PM

Amen.

#8 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:57 PM

So does this mean the end of the Naruto series?

#9 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:07 PM

So does this mean the end of the Naruto series?

We can only hope that's the case.

#10 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:13 PM

We can only hope that's the case.

So then this entire new generation was a crappy miniseries and a rehash movie? Lol

#11 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:32 PM

God is good.

I suppose the least I can do is thank Kishimoto for showing me what not to do as a writer. :goodjob:

#12 unhskikrforever

unhskikrforever

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:37 PM

Oh. Yay! Let's get this over and done with.

15f62c4.png

#13 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • Interests:Guilty Gear, Basketball, Futbol, and writing.

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:45 PM

Too bad and he was just done making the best arc ever. :sad:

Edited by Gaara's hair, 02 July 2015 - 04:45 PM.

#14 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:10 PM

kitten him.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#15 Sakura~

Sakura~

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:currently obsessed with Gintama and One Piece.
    http://clefairiess.tumblr.com

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:13 PM

That's even better than NS happening. 

harley_quinn___sign_by_ravenlsd-d8q43el.

#16 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:26 PM

he needs to retire considering how he butchered his own manga.

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#17 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:36 PM

Ok uh “The Boruto Movie, for the first time everything begins, starting with original characters. That is to say, it’s an original work of the author, me [Kishimoto], with everything existing completely and only inside my head. For the first time in the 11th Naruto movie I wrote the entire script by myself, devised the character designs, refining them until I was satisfied, than for the sake of perfection requested that the staff to refine them further. When serialization ended, immediately all the time I used to spend on the manga was poured into the movie. In truth this is the Naruto film I really wanted to make. One last word….after this I won’t draw anything further. “

First of all original characters? Boruto is basically a copy of Naruto but spoiled. Salad is a Sasuke/Karin smash-up, Shikamaru's kid looks like you went to xerox took Shikamaru and selected the copy with color option and boom you have his kid. Ino and Sai's kid is a zombified Sai.

Lee's kid is Lee. Then you have mop-head who looks like she's going to become the next Chucky doll and ChoChou who is the only one that has some originality behind her.

Everyone else is really xerox generation. So yeah more lies in your interview, fantastic job there mate.

Secondly so you wrote a Naruto that doesn't spend time with his own son because he's too busy with his Hokage job of doing nothing. And burrito as revenge destroys his sister's cake. Yeah I got nothing.

The only good thing is that you stopped.

Edited by Nostradamus, 02 July 2015 - 06:38 PM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#18 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:55 PM

Ok uh “The Boruto Movie, for the first time everything begins, starting with original characters. That is to say, it’s an original work of the author, me [Kishimoto], with everything existing completely and only inside my head. For the first time in the 11th Naruto movie I wrote the entire script by myself, devised the character designs, refining them until I was satisfied, than for the sake of perfection requested that the staff to refine them further. When serialization ended, immediately all the time I used to spend on the manga was poured into the movie. In truth this is the Naruto film I really wanted to make. One last word….after this I won’t draw anything further. “

First of all original characters? Boruto is basically a copy of Naruto but spoiled. Salad is a Sasuke/Karin smash-up, Shikamaru's kid looks like you went to xerox took Shikamaru and selected the copy with color option and boom you have his kid. Ino and Sai's kid is a zombified Sai.

Lee's kid is Lee. Then you have mop-head who looks like she's going to become the next Chucky doll and ChoChou who is the only one that has some originality behind her.

Everyone else is really xerox generation. So yeah more lies in your interview, fantastic job there mate.

Secondly so you wrote a Naruto that doesn't spend time with his own son because he's too busy with his Hokage job of doing nothing. And burrito as revenge destroys his sister's cake. Yeah I got nothing.

The only good thing is that you stopped.

Is he really trying to tell us he managed to write the script and everything himself and get the movie made less than a year after he finished the original manga, yet the movies before where he only had a smaller role, took years to make? I smell BS there. He did a lousy job promoting the movie as well with the mini series, how does he expect people to care for Boruto when the series that leads to the movie has like five panels with him inside?

And he says how this is how he always envisioned the end? So he always envisioned Naruto being a lousy father whose own son dispises and Sasuke being on a 'what if' mission that meant he could not even come home even once in over 12 years? A research mission would not take 12 years and would allow for atleast a couple of weeks break every year at the very least. Nothing Kishi can tell us can convince me otherwise. Specially as it seems he has not found out a single thing in all those years. A Akatsuki guys were not even what he was researching.

iAnby7W.gif

#19 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 12:30 AM

Is he really trying to tell us he managed to write the script and everything himself and get the movie made less than a year after he finished the original manga, yet the movies before where he only had a smaller role, took years to make? I smell BS there. He did a lousy job promoting the movie as well with the mini series, how does he expect people to care for Boruto when the series that leads to the movie has like five panels with him inside?

And he says how this is how he always envisioned the end? So he always envisioned Naruto being a lousy father whose own son dispises and Sasuke being on a 'what if' mission that meant he could not even come home even once in over 12 years? A research mission would not take 12 years and would allow for atleast a couple of weeks break every year at the very least. Nothing Kishi can tell us can convince me otherwise. Specially as it seems he has not found out a single thing in all those years. A Akatsuki guys were not even what he was researching.

Truth is nothing that came out his mouth made sense or had any relevancy. Long before the ending he said he was going to give Kakashi and Sakura their moments to shine but nothing happened. After the ending it just got a lot worse. So now trusting anything that comes out of his mouth is impossible. Everything he says is BS.

All he's going right now is damage control to try to justify this. Because truth is none of this crap was planned and people can see it.

Problem is him with the rest of the idiots still try to sell us that this is really how everything was supposed to go, that it was always planned this way and we're just too stupid and read it wrong.

Without realizing that what they're doing is actually damage. Because all they're doing is lying to us.

I remember that interview he did a couple of years ago where he said "I'll end Naruto conclusively" oh yeah so much for that. Naruto ends with absolutely no conclusion at all. He just moved on to the new project.

Edited by Nostradamus, 03 July 2015 - 12:37 AM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#20 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:02 AM

It's still mind boggling that he's allowed things to go this far. If Kishi would have just shut his mouth after The Last then his train wreak ending would have just slowing burnt out, but no, he had to make Gaiden and this sorry excuse for a movie which was just gasoline to add to the still burning wreckage that is the universe he butchered himself. All that happened in Gaiden was, we got more question then answers, people hate Sakura even more now, nobody likes chocho, and Naruto is proof of how far hero's can fall.

Nothing but more hate has resulted in the fandom and its all thanks to his actions, and this is coming from someone who tried to base their story on ending hate!! I know for a fact that I wouldn't loathe Naruto's children if Naruto The Last Movie, was indeed the last freaking movie! Dislike perhaps, but not loathe. Instead I got to see plenty of more material that just validates how crappy they are, and for Himawari there's nothing but her ugly design, which is literally Hinata spawn with a bad haircut and whiskers! All Kishi did was further assassinated all his characters and their core values. If this is him trying to ensure that no one will touch this franchise again then good luck. Naruto equals money.

I am however happy that he's walking away from Naruto. It needs to die, and while that isn't going to happen in a day its good to know that he wont be writing anymore Uchiha soap operas any time soon. I wonder if he's doing this because he really does regret everything he did? I won't lie, it's fun to think that's the reason why. He could have ended things on such a good note, but sadly crashing and burning was more his style. 

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users