31579 replies to this topic

#27321 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 07:15 PM

......you do know there were empty theaters at captain marvel and disney actually bought out alot of the tickets to make sure it would do well right?

not only that, they changed the way rotten tomatoes does reviews then spammed positive reviews and rigged it in their favor, so all the real reviewers moved to metacritic.

First Rotten Tomatoes gets rid of the "Don't want to see" option because so many are voicing their displeasure about the marketing and how the movie looked bad. Then the reviews started pouring in. There were review bombs (which is bad for both begative and positive), but there were also legit negative reviews being deleted as well. I saw some people saying their 2/2.5 reviews were being deleted that also had paragraphs of written review. That's not a review bomb. Even then though, after the review bombs are deleted and people are basically have frozen accounts so they can't review it again, the audience score only goes up to like 50% and it's sitting at a 56% as of this post.

Except for Solo, but that seems to illustrate a point here. TLJ did great at the beginning due to the hype from TFA, but the negative word of mouth caused there to be fewer repeat viewings and a $700 million dollar frop from that movie. People in the industry generally hold it to have underperformed at the box office, combined with a drop in video and merch sales. Solo then lost Star Wars money in theaters.

Captain Marvel isn't going to instantly kill the MCU. Endgame is going off of Infinity Wars' hype, not Captain Marvel's. BUT considering the reaction to her movie ranges from "it's okay" to "it's bad," makes her status as the new face of the franchise questionable and people do point out how inconsequential she was in Endgame. Heck, the rumors of there being two cuts of the movie based on CM's reception could very well be true here.

BUT if people lose faith in the brand, then it's over. Just look at Naruto. TLJ shook audiences, and people are noticeably less hyped for episode 9. One bad film isn't going to kill the MCU, but if they release more movies in line with CM there could be a noticeable drop in sales. And of course, people could just be done with the MCU after Endgame, seeing it as the final chapter and any further movies would be a step down. Parodies, such as Airplane! and Blazing Saddles, have also ended genres by having it so audiences couldn't take them seriously anymore. Only time will tell what happens with Marvel.

It's also worth noting one film critic has said that sometimes they have to give softball reviews to maintain access with regards to CM, and at least one film director has said the same thing about (and that most of Hollywood secretly hates) TLJ.

What I think will kill the MCU is fatigue which I think will start to happen. Endgame was a good ending to the series. We don't really need more. Spiderman is gonna work because it's the "aftermath" of Endgame and all the final movie in Phase 3 and sorta the epilogue. I'm personally burnout and probably won't bother keeping up with the next phase except GotG3. 

Edited by jak123, 07 May 2019 - 07:18 PM.

#27322 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 07 May 2019 - 07:24 PM

As Kishimoto himself said, he just made it up as he went along. Look at the 2016 interviews. He admits he just made it all up as the story went. The ONLY thing he planned was the Sasuke and Naruto fight. That's it.

If by planned you mean rip off the liquid ocelot fight from Mgs4 cause it's a rip off of that only kittenter and no as build up.

#27323 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 07 May 2019 - 07:38 PM

she was jealous over a scarf that her beloved got from his DEAD MOTHER as his only memonto and reminder of her, and cared more for making a new scarf to replace that one when her sister got her eyes torn out of her skull. HOW ROMANTIC........ :zaru:  :lmao:

Agreed that was a bug problem I had its up there on one of the worst parts of the movie, also really think about this hinata really had no reason to go on the mission, look I know it's her sister but hinata seemed like she didn't even care about her like the knitting a scarf while her gets her eyes ripped out example.

One of many reasons why The Last is SO stupid XP

My biggest problem among the whole movie is them in space and acting like it's nothing plus now there's nowhere Naruto go now since once you go in space you have officially run out of ideas unless your Jason Voorhees, James Bond, power Rangers and pinhead.

See I'm seeing the opposite reaction. People saying that the story is crap.

Haven't played it yet but I heard Kitana got revenge on Shao khan and leads outworld.

Hinata just doesn't sell.
She would if they would've made an actual life size sex doll of her. Then she would fly off the shelves.

no doubt. I'm surprised that hasn't happened yet cause you think it would have.

#27324 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 08:16 PM

you know the crazy thing is that his next manga is gonna be debuting this week... it's not a matter of speculating now it's that a first chapter is dropping pretty much after four-five years. 

Anyway, I came across this on reddit, and thought it was worth sharing: 

mij555kjnwv21.png

This seems like Kishimoto right now only to get invovled in Samurai 8

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#27325 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:40 AM

Oh please. Well-intented. She was just being your typical "progressive" celebrity who thinks kittening on "the white man" would get her brownie points. If there wasn't a backlash, she would have never tried to clarify her comments. Brie Larson's portrayal is so poor and they want her to be the new focus of the MCU. 

BA Alita was infinitely better than Captain Marvel was. So was Shazam. You don't seem to understand that it had a lot of crutches. Captain Marvel had Disney marketing. The weekend it opened, many theaters were only showing that. So normal people who don't follow the news and go to see movies weekly really had no choices. (My local theater that I always frequent included only showed it the entire first weekend.) It was marketed as a MUST SEE to Endgame, but in reality you don't need to see it to know what's going on in Endgame at all so that was false advertisement. Once people realized they were being fooled, it saw a huge dip in sales the second week. There are pictures of sold out theaters with no one in them either. On top of the fact that Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel is one of the most poorly written characters in the comics. She was way better as Miss Marvel and Warbird. TLJ was crap as well and it made money. You don't seem to understand that no matter what, these big properties are gonna make money because they have name recognition behind them. 

Shazam was okay. I personally would take Captain Marvel over that one, as she was snarkier and the plot actually had a nice twist going in. Billy Baston got kind of annoying after a while and the final battle was a little bit too goofy for me, even if it did have proper context. But that's just my opinion.

But this is my point. It's one thing to not like Captain Marvel or Brie Larson. It's another entirely to keep obsessing over the movie or her months after the fact, over some dumb comment she made and act like she raped a box of kittens

All because she wanted more diversity in critics. Yes, maybe she could have worded it better. MAYBE she only said it for some kind of woke points, but it's not like we never had celebrities say controversial stuff before, and none of us are mind readers. Heck, I can understand to some degree what she meant. I'm a white dude, but I probably wouldn't be the best person to give an opinion on say a Madea movie. It's not my thing. If I watched one I'd feel comfortable expressing my opinion on it, good or bad, but I wouldn't blame someone if they took it with a grain of salt, because I'm not the target audience. 

While you're not wrong about the film getting a boost from Endgame, the notroversy surrounding the film also probably gave it a boost. A lot of people commented on how they were originally going to skip Captain Marvel, but because so many youtubers behaved like the SJWs they claim to hate over it, they decided to buy tickets just to piss them off. I doubt the quality of Carol Danvers' current comics have anything to do with its success or failure either, because if they did, Guardians of the Galaxy should have been a big time flop. NO ONE heard of these characters, but because they had the Marvel name, they became a huge hit. Same thing here: hard-core comics' fans may have a bone or two to pick with the character in the current canon, but general movie goers don't care.

But most importantly, Marvel doesn't make strict adaptations. All their movies are LOOSELY based on the comics, and many things are altered. When the Civil War story came out, everyone hated it. But the Civil War movie is very well-received. As a friend of mine said, at this point Marvel has to make a film of Disaster Movie quality to really start to lose its consumers. And making a film that bad is almost a talent in of itself

......you do know there were empty theaters at captain marvel and disney actually bought out alot of the tickets to make sure it would do well right?

not only that, they changed the way rotten tomatoes does reviews then spammed positive reviews and rigged it in their favor, so all the real reviewers moved to metacritic.

Of course there were some empty theatres at Captain Marvel. Not every showing is going to be filled up; that's just how movies roll. Especially if the photos were taken, say, late at night or in small towns. 

But there were plenty of showings that were packed, including mine. I honestly didn't expect it to be so, because I went in on a Tuesday afternoon. I'd figure everyone else was at work or in school. But there was a big line for the movie, including a whole class of kids, and most everyone enjoyed the movie. 

However, of all the claims made, Disney buying tickets to inflate the box office is THE DUMBEST ONE EVER. No company does that! It's not even a Zero-sum game, as they don't get 100% of the ticket sales profits. If Disney was buying tickets to boost the numbers, they have lost TONS of money for nothing! Disney has made bombs before (A Wrinkle in Time and The Lone Ranger), but didn't lift a finger to "save" them. If a studio makes a flop, they're not going to spend money beyond advertising to save it, and the execs usually get a free screening to begin with. They're not going to spend money actually buying tickets to a movie they already own and saw.

Except for Solo, but that seems to illustrate a point here. TLJ did great at the beginning due to the hype from TFA, but the negative word of mouth caused there to be fewer repeat viewings and a $700 million dollar frop from that movie. People in the industry generally hold it to have underperformed at the box office, combined with a drop in video and merch sales. Solo then lost Star Wars money in theaters.

Captain Marvel isn't going to instantly kill the MCU. Endgame is going off of Infinity Wars' hype, not Captain Marvel's. BUT considering the reaction to her movie ranges from "it's okay" to "it's bad," makes her status as the new face of the franchise questionable and people do point out how inconsequential she was in Endgame. Heck, the rumors of there being two cuts of the movie based on CM's reception could very well be true here.

BUT if people lose faith in the brand, then it's over. Just look at Naruto. TLJ shook audiences, and people are noticeably less hyped for episode 9. One bad film isn't going to kill the MCU, but if they release more movies in line with CM there could be a noticeable drop in sales. And of course, people could just be done with the MCU after Endgame, seeing it as the final chapter and any further movies would be a step down. Parodies, such as Airplane! and Blazing Saddles, have also ended genres by having it so audiences couldn't take them seriously anymore. Only time will tell what happens with Marvel.

It's also worth noting one film critic has said that sometimes they have to give softball reviews to maintain access with regards to CM, and at least one film director has said the same thing about (and that most of Hollywood secretly hates) TLJ.

The main reason why Solo bombed was because it was sandwiched between Infinity War and Deadpool 2, both eagerly anticipated movies. I imagine having an actor who's not Harrison Ford also was a factor. It still means that the movies with Rey made more money than Solo, so that is what Disney is going to go with in the near future. The Last Jedi may not have pleased everyone, but it is in no way a bomb. The Transformers movies are kitten, but they make them because they make money. The prequels divided fans as well back in the day, but they were made to completion, GL not giving a damn what the naysayers said.

I seriously doubt there are two cuts to Endgame. Marvel had been working on it for over two years (Infinity War and Endgame were shot simultaneously), and moved the release date UP by a month. The movie was intended to be a sendoff for the original Avengers from the start, not CM2. If CM was received that badly, there would have been no time to change the movie so drastically. Again, judging by the BO, if anything Disney would have demanded MORE CM. But again, not enough time to make it so. What we got was what was intended from the get-go. At BEST, maybe we will see a few interesting deleted scenes from the movie. I know one actress was cut from the movie (I forgot her name).

As for how Captain Marvel will affect the MCU going forward, anyone's guess. Marvel typically doesn't like to repeat itself, so the sequel is going to be very different if this trend continues, and they often look for ways to reinvent their characters. If for any reason the sequel under performs, Marvel has tons of characters to profit off of and it just means they'll try Danvers one last time with a different formula before another Team-Up movie where different characters will attract different audiences.

Seriously, the movie was okay at worst, and I found it pretty good. Not the MCU's best, but it's still worth checking out. There is absolutely NOTHING controversial about it. It's a standard superhero/sci-fi movie, and you're either on board with it or you're not. That's all there is to it. If you put a gun to my head and forced me to choose between Captain Marvel and any other movie, I'd say a solid 6 out of 10 times I'd pick CM.

#27326 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 02:45 PM

But this is my point. It's one thing to not like Captain Marvel or Brie Larson. It's another entirely to keep obsessing over the movie or her months after the fact, over some dumb comment she made and act like she raped a box of kittens

You don't seem to see the hypocrisy. If this was some dude saying we don't need more women or something, he would have been vilified.I hate when people do this. You have racist and sexist comments, but then try to downplay it because there's this mentality that you can't be sexist towards men or racist towards white people which is complete and utter kitten. It's the piss poor justifications of a racist and a sexist.

All because she wanted more diversity in critics. Yes, maybe she could have worded it better. MAYBE she only said it for some kind of woke points, but it's not like we never had celebrities say controversial stuff before, and none of us are mind readers. Heck, I can understand to some degree what she meant. I'm a white dude, but I probably wouldn't be the best person to give an opinion on say a Madea movie. It's not my thing. If I watched one I'd feel comfortable expressing my opinion on it, good or bad, but I wouldn't blame someone if they took it with a grain of salt, because I'm not the target audience. 

That logic doesn't make any sense at all. The critic's race/sex/etc shouldn't matter to know if its a good movie or not. By that logic, a black person wouldn't be a good critic for something that's predominately white, but if someone were to say that, they would be labeled a racist. 

While you're not wrong about the film getting a boost from Endgame, the notroversy surrounding the film also probably gave it a boost. A lot of people commented on how they were originally going to skip Captain Marvel, but because so many youtubers behaved like the SJWs they claim to hate over it, they decided to buy tickets just to piss them off.

You downplay it, but fans of the MCU were kitten on. You can't say "this isn't a movie for you" because it's part of a massive set of movies those people have been seeing for years. Why are the youtubers being SJWs? Maybe they genuinely didn't like the movie as well as kittening on the stupid marketing comments.

Edited by jak123, 08 May 2019 - 02:45 PM.

#27327 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 04:23 PM

Getting back on track to an extent... for my fanfic, my friend Kurt and I came up with a good way to make things work for the changes we've talked about for Naruto: The Demon Within. One idea Kurt had was this; rather than Obito being alive still was that Madara, after my idea of him making himself a White Zetsu-like cloned body, did something similar to Obito and turning him into a hybrid that basically is used to try to find a way to restore Madara's old body and his old power for the Moon's Eye Plan to work :)

#27328 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 08 May 2019 - 08:17 PM

Shazam was okay. I personally would take Captain Marvel over that one, as she was snarkier and the plot actually had a nice twist going in. Billy Baston got kind of annoying after a while and the final battle was a little bit too goofy for me, even if it did have proper context. But that's just my opinion.

While you're not wrong about the film getting a boost from Endgame, the notroversy surrounding the film also probably gave it a boost. A lot of people commented on how they were originally going to skip Captain Marvel, but because so many youtubers behaved like the SJWs they claim to hate over it, they decided to buy tickets just to piss them off. I doubt the quality of Carol Danvers' current comics have anything to do with its success or failure either, because if they did, Guardians of the Galaxy should have been a big time flop. NO ONE heard of these characters, but because they had the Marvel name, they became a huge hit. Same thing here: hard-core comics' fans may have a bone or two to pick with the character in the current canon, but general movie goers don't care.

But most importantly, Marvel doesn't make strict adaptations. All their movies are LOOSELY based on the comics, and many things are altered. When the Civil War story came out, everyone hated it. But the Civil War movie is very well-received. As a friend of mine said, at this point Marvel has to make a film of Disaster Movie quality to really start to lose its consumers. And making a film that bad is almost a talent in of itself

Of course there were some empty theatres at Captain Marvel. Not every showing is going to be filled up; that's just how movies roll. Especially if the photos were taken, say, late at night or in small towns. 

But there were plenty of showings that were packed, including mine. I honestly didn't expect it to be so, because I went in on a Tuesday afternoon. I'd figure everyone else was at work or in school. But there was a big line for the movie, including a whole class of kids, and most everyone enjoyed the movie. 

However, of all the claims made, Disney buying tickets to inflate the box office is THE DUMBEST ONE EVER. No company does that! It's not even a Zero-sum game, as they don't get 100% of the ticket sales profits. If Disney was buying tickets to boost the numbers, they have lost TONS of money for nothing! Disney has made bombs before (A Wrinkle in Time and The Lone Ranger), but didn't lift a finger to "save" them. If a studio makes a flop, they're not going to spend money beyond advertising to save it, and the execs usually get a free screening to begin with. They're not going to spend money actually buying tickets to a movie they already own and saw.

The main reason why Solo bombed was because it was sandwiched between Infinity War and Deadpool 2, both eagerly anticipated movies. I imagine having an actor who's not Harrison Ford also was a factor. It still means that the movies with Rey made more money than Solo, so that is what Disney is going to go with in the near future. The Last Jedi may not have pleased everyone, but it is in no way a bomb. The Transformers movies are kitten, but they make them because they make money. The prequels divided fans as well back in the day, but they were made to completion, GL not giving a damn what the naysayers said.

I seriously doubt there are two cuts to Endgame. Marvel had been working on it for over two years (Infinity War and Endgame were shot simultaneously), and moved the release date UP by a month. The movie was intended to be a sendoff for the original Avengers from the start, not CM2. If CM was received that badly, there would have been no time to change the movie so drastically. Again, judging by the BO, if anything Disney would have demanded MORE CM. But again, not enough time to make it so. What we got was what was intended from the get-go. At BEST, maybe we will see a few interesting deleted scenes from the movie. I know one actress was cut from the movie (I forgot her name).

As for how Captain Marvel will affect the MCU going forward, anyone's guess. Marvel typically doesn't like to repeat itself, so the sequel is going to be very different if this trend continues, and they often look for ways to reinvent their characters. If for any reason the sequel under performs, Marvel has tons of characters to profit off of and it just means they'll try Danvers one last time with a different formula before another Team-Up movie where different characters will attract different audiences.

Seriously, the movie was okay at worst, and I found it pretty good. Not the MCU's best, but it's still worth checking out. There is absolutely NOTHING controversial about it. It's a standard superhero/sci-fi movie, and you're either on board with it or you're not. That's all there is to it. If you put a gun to my head and forced me to choose between Captain Marvel and any other movie, I'd say a solid 6 out of 10 times I'd pick CM.

saying nothing is wrong with captain marvel with the bad acting, the political mess the actress pushes, the rigged reviews, and everything else, by that logic there's nothing wrong with the recent game awards leaving xenoblade chronicles 2 and the other REAL rpgs out of the list and giving the best rpg award to monster hunter world when its not a real full fledged rpg, or giving the best award in the show to fortnite when its not even a full fledged complete game and as I recall was a beta.

also I don't get how people disregard the bad acting in the movie just because of the build up to endgame.

that's all I will say on this though, I'm staying out of the topic.

Edited by ultranx, 08 May 2019 - 08:20 PM.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#27329 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 04:28 PM

OK, since we're done with all this, I just wanna say that I can bet we know why Kishimoto draws Naruto as he was in Shippuden as well as why that version is used all the time as a character for advertising and for video games. Because Studio Pierrot just wants to keep making money, when they know their version of Naruto can piss off, but they fail to see they ruined Naruto as a series beyond much repair thanks to their taking it and twisting it to what they wanted it to be, same with his editors at Shueisha. They need to come out, admit they screwed up, let Kishimoto fix things without their hands in the cookie jar...  MAYBE then Naruto can be salvaged, given they keep having to force us to believe Boruto is a success.

#27330 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 09 May 2019 - 05:34 PM

I was listening to this english cover from fruits basket anime by Amanda Lee, and while listening to it I kept thinking of Sakura you know the one we all supported: 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=HhlqtB2pD3U

Edited by LuckyChi7, 09 May 2019 - 05:34 PM.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#27331 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 06:47 PM

OK, since we're done with all this, I just wanna say that I can bet we know why Kishimoto draws Naruto as he was in Shippuden as well as why that version is used all the time as a character for advertising and for video games. Because Studio Pierrot just wants to keep making money, when they know their version of Naruto can piss off, but they fail to see they ruined Naruto as a series beyond much repair thanks to their taking it and twisting it to what they wanted it to be, same with his editors at Shueisha. They need to come out, admit they screwed up, let Kishimoto fix things without their hands in the cookie jar...  MAYBE then Naruto can be salvaged, given they keep having to force us to believe Boruto is a success.

I still think they should just go with the theory that Boruto is just them stuck in the Infinite Tsukuyomi. 

#27332 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 06:53 PM

I still think they should just go with the theory that Boruto is just them stuck in the Infinite Tsukuyomi. 

Agreed since that will make sense, however I think the best option is to chuck the entire ending and every single thing that came out after it right in the trash can where it belongs because it should've never existed in the first place. And start over from a certain point.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#27333 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:02 PM

Hey check this out someone from bleach did naruto artwork https://comicbook.co...ruto-shippuden/

#27334 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:05 PM

Hey check this out someone from bleach did naruto artwork https://comicbook.co...ruto-shippuden/

Eh, it's just of Sasuke.

#27335 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:23 PM

Eh, it's just of Sasuke.

Sorry should of mean more specific

Anyone I'm also wondering everyone thoughts on this video https://youtu.be/wHi0xi11oDo

#27336 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 10:48 PM

Anyone I'm also wondering everyone thoughts on this video https://youtu.be/wHi0xi11oDo

Claim's Kishimoto's honest, but lies about NaruHina.

#27337 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 09:01 AM

Damn it. Now I'll have balls deep recommended to me for months again. Great. Well might as well summaries it.

"The real reason Naruto's Ending was Rushed & Samurai 8 Looks Jaw Dropping"

Before watching it. The reason the ending was rushed was because it had to end a month before the Last movie came out to hype up that movie as much as possible. 8 has not been worked on for..what is it now four years in secret to make it perfect or something. It was something Kishimoto was coming up on the side as he was ordered to help fix Boruto. Which exist because of an agreement that he could end Naruto, and do something else with his life. Which again, led to the Last that necessitated the last four years be spent trying to fix Boruto.

Watching it. Annoying voice rambles about how great Naruto and Kishimoto is so Samurai 8 must be great. Brings up pandora's box...I don't have to explain what that is to anyone? Makes guess about what the plot will be about, and again because it from the same guy that did Naruto it must be great because Naruto is great. So, the mangakas' oft both Boruto and 8 want their stories to be short. Ok that's three minutes in, and I now have a migraine.

Is he one of the few people still doing anime review of Naruto on youtube at this point?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 10 May 2019 - 09:01 AM.

#27338 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 02:12 PM

@Bail Right click on links and select open in incognito/private window and problem solved. No more recommendations.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#27339 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 02:40 PM

No thanks, that guy is a complete wacko :no:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#27340 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 06:22 PM

*reads Claws' post and facepalms*

Yeah, I am not touching that one and how many double standards can be pointed out.

All I will say is this: I still love how Marvel can change their canon as much as they want and people are willing to accept it, but DC wants to give Superman a new take on him and people lose their minds saying "This is nothing like the comic." So why does Marvel get a pass, but DC does not? Why is Marvel held to such a low standard, but DC is held so high that if Superman even sneezes wrong..."OMG, This is so unlike the comics."

So, sorry, but this excuse of "not like comics" is BS when you only apply to DC, but excuse Marvel for bastardizing some of its canon....like Hulk and Black Widow.

My thought is this. So Kishimoto gets a pass because he made NH canon, but Kubo gets full force for Bleach. I hate this world sometimes. The double standards is ridiculous and sad seeing so many excuse.

Seriously, whether Marvel and DC or Kishimoto and Kubo or other mangaka...why are some hand waved excuses while others are just vilified? Why can't people hold everyone to a set standard?

The excuses are worse. If I hear the "you have to understand, it is only a shonen" one more time to excuse bad plots and forced pairings...I am going to seriously just burn everything to the ground.

Hey guys, why don't you watch the Dragonball Z abridged rather than the actual series? It is far superior in terms of plot.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 10 May 2019 - 06:26 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

5 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users