#21 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Feb 7 2012, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's how I more or less read it. Despite all the progress she has made with being more confident throughout the entire series, it was abundantly clear from the last interaction that she still lacked genuine confidence in herself and saw herself as inferior to Naruto.

Regardless of what Naruto has done, she has never treated herself as his equal and has just latched onto his confidence.

Honestly, I mean - I'm not being biased, but I do think Hinata will be killed or something.

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#22 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Feb 7 2012, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not worked up at all, which is why I ask if you were around for that particular chapter thread.

Which one, are you talking about? 540 or the one where Naruto says about stuff to Hinata around the 560s? Because if it was 540, I joined like three days after that thread started and didn't read it, because heck, I just started, I did not know where the big conversations are at, at the time. But if you were referring to around the 560s, I was there and said pretty much the same thing: let's see how it plays out and where it goes.

Edited by Anguyen92, 07 February 2012 - 05:34 PM.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#23 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE (Fenris @ Feb 7 2012, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Honestly, I mean - I'm not being biased, but I do think Hinata will be killed or something.

While I would love Kishimoto to prove me wrong regarding my assumption that he doesn't have it in him to off one of the rookies, I doubt that will happen.

Anguyen92: No, it was Hinata's confession during the Pain fight. I think Illmatic had it in his sig for awhile. Then, yeah, that explains why you didn't know what I was talking about. There was quiet a bit of panic after that and several us had a bit of fun over it.

#24 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Feb 7 2012, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While I would love Kishimoto to prove me wrong regarding my assumption that he doesn't have it in him to off one of the rookies, I doubt that will happen.

Anguyen92: No, it was Hinata's confession during the Pain fight. I think Illmatic had it in his sig for awhile.

He killed Jiriya. Killing a rookie would be a piece of cake.

jus drein jus daun.

#25 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (Fenris @ Feb 7 2012, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He killed Jiriya. Killing a rookie would be a piece of cake.

It's not about fan favorites as it is about the whole younger generation surpassing the old.

He's had no issue killing the older generation. The younger generation....I think only villians of that age cohourt have died (Haku and the sound ninja) and it's been a good while since we even had that.

EDIT: I might be missing some cannon fodder ninja, I'm not 100% sure.

#26 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Feb 7 2012, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not about fan favorites as it is about the whole younger generation surpassing the old.

He's had no issue killing the older generation. The younger generation....I think only villians of that age cohourt have died (Haku and the sound ninja) and it's been a good while since we even had that.

I suppose. :/

Well if it's the younger generation surpassing the older; (Which Kishi has made a good point in pointing out) NS has the most "points" in that one.

jus drein jus daun.

#27 Madz

Madz

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:50 PM

Hmm, it was as I thought. Hinata did not have any "closure" at all. She STILL feel strongly about Naruto.
I'm not happy at all to have correctly interpreted this.

#28 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Feb 7 2012, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why? We know Hinata is going to make an appearence along with Sakura. It's not like they are going to do anything like kiss.

I'm sure you crushed the feelings of the fans who want to see Hinata and Sakura kiss. wink.gif

*If* the spoiler translation is accurate, then my highly biased take on it is...
- Hinata is all about "me" (wait for me, so I can hold your hand)
- Sakura is thinking about Naruto (how to lighten his burden, pride that the former outcast has many people are coming to help him)

#29 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (RedDelicious @ Feb 7 2012, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sure you crushed the feelings of the fans who want to see Hinata and Sakura kiss. wink.gif

*If* the spoiler translation is accurate, then my highly biased take on it is...
- Sakura is thinking about Naruto (how to lighten his burden, pride that the former outcast has many people are coming to help him)

I agree. Like that other chapter, where Hinata (Shippuden) was worrying about Narutos saftey and doubting his success, and Sakura was like "It's gonna take more than that to stop Naruto" right off the bat. It annoys me that Hinata thinks of Naruto as so little and insecure and she needs to be there for him every step of the way. He's done just fine without her.

jus drein jus daun.

#30 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:29 PM

I'm not going to let some spoilers from the actual chapter scare me into thinking they've switched sides, it's just a chapter for goodness sake, and adds to the story, nothing more. Don't let it get to you guys, that's what the other fans want.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#31 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Feb 7 2012, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm pretty calm Nate. Either its just a miss translation of the spoiler because it has happened plenty of times before. Or once again Kishi is showing that Hinata is the only character of the rookies that hasn't mature at all. Compare to what the other rookies are saying they're pretty much believe in Naruto but they want to be there to help him fight. However what Hinata is saying in the spoiler that she wants to grab his hand like they were going to have a walk in the park in the middle of a big fight against Madara like it was nothing it pretty much shows that she doesn't believe in him. It's like she sees him as a defenseless helpless little kid who can't do a thing for himself.

I feel like Kishi still feels bothered about the NH crazy fan mail he received from back at Jump Festa 2009 that he's showing Hinata into a negative character (at least in his eyes). Maybe I'm wrong maybe I'm exaggerating a bit but I believe Kishi has shown Hinata more in a negative light after that year of Jump Festa.

Bravo boogie.gif

I agree that Hinata is still way behind with her faith in Naruto. Everyone's words are encouraging, they all believe in Naruto. Where as Hinata wants to baby him and make sure shes there to save him again. It does get me frustrated that spoliers like this cause a disturbance, especially because of the NH fans, that can be so rude and ruthless sometimes. Their reactions are going to go through the roof argh1.png However I'm confidant for the future. We all know Naruto loves Sakura, he's said it before. So why would he jump ship when he's shown no romantic emotion towards Hinata. That and she still knows so little about our hero, why should she be there for him in a special way when she's never done that before. I agree that perhaps Kishi is making Hinata lag behind the rest of the rookies, it seems that she still thinks Naruto's just a little boy. Besides Sakura's little speech was last, and we all know you save the best for last heheelq7.png

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#32 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Feb 7 2012, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Between this and the debate thread enough people are expressing enough fear that I'm wondering if we need to whip out the abandon ship stuff again.

tongue.gif Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

But yeah, let's wait till the actual chapter comes out before we start flipping out. I swear, I've only been on this site for a year and this is like the third time I've seen this happen. If the translation is accurate, we can reassess what Kishi's doing, but it's kind of pointless to do it before the actual release.

QUOTE (Fenris @ Feb 7 2012, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm, it's possible I suppose, but I think it's pretty unlikely. Why would Kishi almost kill her off during the Pain fight, only to actually kill her off later? That'd seem like pretty tacky writing to me. Plus, I think it would add an unnecessary amount of extra angst into a story that already has too much angst, IMO.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#33 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Feb 7 2012, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

tongue.gif Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

But yeah, let's wait till the actual chapter comes out before we start flipping out. I swear, I've only been on this site for a year and this is like the third time I've seen this happen. If the translation is accurate, we can reassess what Kishi's doing, but it's kind of pointless to do it before the actual release.

Hmm, it's possible I suppose, but I think it's pretty unlikely. Why would Kishi almost kill her off during the Pain fight, only to actually kill her off later? That'd seem like pretty tacky writing to me. Plus, I think it would add an unnecessary amount of extra angst into a story that already has too much angst, IMO.

Yeah if Hinata would have died it should have happened in the Pain fight. It wouldn't make much sense for it to happen now, to much unneeded angst. Plus with everything going on I think it would be awkward to kill a character off, the audiences heads would explode.

#34 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

Looks like Hinata's character hasn't changed one bit, judging from her little comment... It reeks of "I'm trying to show character development, but it's only a facade".
She still seems to think that everything with Naruto will work out. Seems like she still is basically the exact same character that she was in Part 1. I feel sorry for her, actually. Such shallow development...

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#35 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (RedDelicious @ Feb 7 2012, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes.gif Very well put, her comment is all about her, where Sakura is thinking of Naruto.

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Feb 7 2012, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like Hinata's character hasn't changed one bit, judging from her little comment... It reeks of "I'm trying to show character development, but it's only a facade".
She still seems to think that everything with Naruto will work out. Seems like she still is basically the exact same character that she was in Part 1. I feel sorry for her, actually. Such shallow development...

Very shallow, and NH fans get upset when ppl call her just that. Yet it's so true, if anything we should see this as a blessing, Hinata hasn't develop at all.

Edited by Konohakitten, 07 February 2012 - 06:55 PM.

#36 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Feb 7 2012, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anguyen92: No, it was Hinata's confession during the Pain fight. I think Illmatic had it in his sig for awhile. Then, yeah, that explains why you didn't know what I was talking about. There was quiet a bit of panic after that and several us had a bit of fun over it.

I have this sudden regret for not joining sooner. If Ch 540 was even half of that...Would be a very good time.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#37 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (Konohakitten @ Feb 7 2012, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very shallow, and NH fans get upset when ppl call her just that. Yet it's so true, if anything we should see this as a blessing, Hinata hasn't develop at all.

Exactly. It is a blessing in disguise.

QUOTE (TheOmegaMan @ Feb 7 2012, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have this sudden regret for not joining sooner. If Ch 540 was even half of that...Would be a very good time.

Agreed.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 07 February 2012 - 07:02 PM.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#38 Destiny

Destiny

Queen of the hard hitters!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:06 PM

I will no longer react until Naruto does something. Until he reacts to either Sakura and Hinata. We all know Hinata is still in love with him. Sakura is most likely in love with him. No point in worrying about what either of them says until Naruto makes a move wink.gif

Love is everything.

#39 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (Destiny @ Feb 7 2012, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will no longer react until Naruto does something. Until he reacts to either Sakura and Hinata. We all know Hinata is still in love with him. Sakura is most likely in love with him. No point in worrying about what either of them says until Naruto makes a move wink.gif

That is true. Plus, Naruto has only been interested in Sakura for 12 years. Lol. tongue.gif

jus drein jus daun.

#40 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:12 PM

ABANDON SHIP THREAD

I had it in the sig for a while, its a good "how to" guide in panicking and abandonment of all hope.

\

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users