1433 replies to this topic

#1421 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:19 AM

If this is out of desperation, then they haven't been paying attention. They've been trying to bait N/S fans with B/S since the manga began and none of us have bought it. Non-shippers left this franchise years ago and aren't returning, and from what I've seen after browsing through 2chan and Tumblrs, SP may have enraged their last bastion against bankruptcy with this franchise because of their allusion to the N/S relationship in this episode.

Boruto/Clone shippers are pissed because they believe that SP is using Sakura as a device to promote BS, whereas the NH/SS are accusing Sakura of attempting to vicariously realize the romance she wished to have with Naruto through her daughter's own relationship with Boruto, claiming not only is she manipulating her daughter to alleviate her past regrets but that she's also emotionally "cheating" on Sasuke by doing so.

It's freaking hilarious.

Well of course they pissed off the pro-enders with even hinting at NS, especially NS=BS, and Salad in general after they have made the Clone.

But honestly, they got no choice. One) BS is the canon pairing (and has been since Chapter 700 of Naruto) like NS was before Kishimoto was pressured into changing it, and after what happened last time. The manga is unlikely to change it again. Two) The pro-enders are so worthless because they barely put any money into the franchise. That they have no choice but to go back, and try to win the NS fans back. While also not admitting they made a mistake. In hopes some return in order to keep this franchise afloat.

So they have to ship Bolt & Salad together, and they have to parallel it to NS.

If she didn't emotionally cheat on Sasuke, she would be an emotional virgin forever.

...That is true.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, Yesterday, 01:14 AM.

#1422 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:28 AM

I heard the anime episode right now bring back Toneri ... smells hinata moment coming.

Toneri was also brought back during the first arc to hype up that stupid eye Bolt has.

#1423 DrK

DrK

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:31 AM

...That is true.

Isn't it? I mean Naruto at least got to know what it's like to be in a relationship with someone who loves him. Even if they go together like oil and water. But Sakura is just isolated and miserable, raising a daughter by herself wearing a fan on her back because she was brainwashed. All because Kishimoto was okay with hurting her to please a cancerous fanbase. Fans who never spent a penny on a manga ever.

Edited by DrK, Yesterday, 12:32 AM.

#1424 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,142 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:08 AM

Not gonna lie I don't think this episode was that bad.. I'll even say it was good.

There is a scene between Sarada and Sakura when it comes to the subject of Naruto and Boruto.

Sakura: "it's your first sleepover with friends." 

Sarada: "I'm not going because I really want to go."

Sakura (pats Sarada on the forehead): "Come on for someone going off to have fun, you sure don't look excited.  Did something happen?

Sarada: "No it's just that idiot Boruto being stupid again." 

Sakura (laughs): "Oh Boruto again." 

Sarada (curious): "What?"

Sakura: (smiles with laughter): "It's just that I used to say that about Naruto." 

Sarada (surprised): "To Lord Hokage?" 

Sakura: "To me he's just Naruto." 

Sarada: "Hey mom, were you two good friends?" 

Sakura: "Well.... maybe not much in the academy, but when we became a team. We were more than family." 

Sarada: "So you can get close after graduation?" 

Sakura: "Of course." 

That's pretty much the scene, I mean there's a little more regarding eternal friendship, but that was mainly the jest of it. One of the few things that stuck out to me when it came to this episode. 

Next week, I think is going to be the prelude to the Graduation Exams, so I'll be keeping my eye on that and the next two since I think they cover the exam stuff, unless I'm wrong on that note. 

And that's why you lost 2 subscribers with that opinion of yours.

#1425 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,060 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:57 AM

And that's why you lost 2 subscribers with that opinion of yours.

Lol that was actually from monday after I did my TG review it was weird. Since then it's been at a standstill. 

13b4e136608e88c6.jpg

PROTECTING EACH OTHER TILL THE END!!

#1426 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,060 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:00 PM

They are line-stepping, though.

When you have characters have conversations like this...well, it's gonna get messy.

I mean, if they are going to use NaruSaku as a basis to why Boruto and Salad get together and why they make sense....then it is going to lead people to question "Why didn't Naruto and Sakura get together then?"

It's a catch-22 again.

Well, LuckyChi7, here is your new argument....if Salad and Boruto are so good together and compatible, then why didn't Naruto and Sakura get together? It's an oxymoron that one arguments works for one, but it doesn;t work for the other and in the same breath say that Boruto and Salad are like NaruSaku.

If Boruto and Salad getting together is like NaruSaku and pro-enders like them getting together, why did they hate Naruto and Sakura hooking up for the same reasons? These people give me a headache. This is where we should be going "Well, Salad is a b---h and a wh-re. Boruto should totally go with Sumire because she is so much more loving and caring for Boruto."

I can see them saying: "But they aren't compatible" or something like that and you can be like "So why did you like Naruto and Hinata and not NaruSaku if Boruto and Salad have the same dynamic."

AGAIN,
CUTTING OFF YOUR LEG SO YOU DON'T SHOOT YOURSELF IN THE FOOT.

The more they try to explain, the more they show how the ending was a bad idea.

Oh well, great, it only took them what? 2-3 years?

Yeah when people bring this up I'm just like wow look at the double standards right there. I've been convinced ever since 615 that all they cared about was for their ship to be canon and since that's the case their totally fine with BoruSara. The other excuse I've heard is that well unlike Sakura, Sarada devote her life to loving a guy that doesn't pay any attention to her or has tried to killed her let alone beat the kitten of him. The only thing she's done is just scold him for being stupid.    

Okay the hitting Naruto part is a tsundere trait in anime I mean Bleach had it, so did Fairy Tail, O-Parts Hunter, Yu-Yu Hakushou, even One  Piece they all have this trait. So that excuse doesn't work.   

The only one where I get their point is devoting their life to a loving a guy that didn't really care, but even then it really shouldn't count. I'm all for suspension of disbelief in stories, but by the time 5 Kage Summit rolled around it just didn't make any sense. If you told me Early 2.. maybe by like 2%  and that's being extremely generous. SS shippers its like I said are so blinded by Part 1, and that's where the issue lies is Part 1. 

It's like I brought I adressed in the debate thread, Nostalgia can either be a good thing or bad thing. In the case of NH/SS it was a bad thing. The only developments NH got were in Part 1 and only 2 during the timeskip, but then The Last happened an ugh.. Scarf Kun and the genjutsu  came in the worst plot device for a romance to ever happen. 

Regarding the ending, yeah the more they try to explain it the more it shows why the ending doesn't work, and the scene between Sakura and Sarada proves it.   

Funny thing is my best friend suggested that what if Boruto is suppose to be a pseudo-reboot of the Naruto series only modernized.... I feel it's a little far fetched, but I could see it some ways. 

Still they're a little too late to realize it now. I mean if BoruSara in their mind is suppose to salvage NaruSaku then I'm sorry it just doesn't work. It shows you preference mattered to you then what the story was, and that's why the ending turned out the way it did. 

You know I'd like to see RTN situation with Boruto and Sarada except instead of being in a genjutsu world they get sent back in time during Naruto's era like idk say maybe towards the end of Part 1 maybe in the middle of Part 2... Given with the whole technological aspect that's in the series. That would be cool to see, but I think it's like you said it would just further prove why the ending was bad. 

13b4e136608e88c6.jpg

PROTECTING EACH OTHER TILL THE END!!

#1427 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:26 PM

Yeah when people bring this up I'm just like wow look at the double standards right there. I've been convinced ever since 615 that all they cared about was for their ship to be canon and since that's the case their totally fine with BoruSara. The other excuse I've heard is that well unlike Sakura, Sarada devote her life to loving a guy that doesn't pay any attention to her or has tried to killed her let alone beat the kitten of him. The only thing she's done is just scold him for being stupid.    

Okay the hitting Naruto part is a tsundere trait in anime I mean Bleach had it, so did Fairy Tail, O-Parts Hunter, Yu-Yu Hakushou, even One  Piece they all have this trait. So that excuse doesn't work.   

The only one where I get their point is devoting their life to a loving a guy that didn't really care, but even then it really shouldn't count. I'm all for suspension of disbelief in stories, but by the time 5 Kage Summit rolled around it just didn't make any sense. If you told me Early 2.. maybe by like 2%  and that's being extremely generous. SS shippers its like I said are so blinded by Part 1, and that's where the issue lies is Part 1. 

It's like I brought I adressed in the debate thread, Nostalgia can either be a good thing or bad thing. In the case of NH/SS it was a bad thing. The only developments NH got were in Part 1 and only 2 during the timeskip, but then The Last happened an ugh.. Scarf Kun and the genjutsu  came in the worst plot device for a romance to ever happen. 

Regarding the ending, yeah the more they try to explain it the more it shows why the ending doesn't work, and the scene between Sakura and Sarada proves it.   

Funny thing is my best friend suggested that what if Boruto is suppose to be a pseudo-reboot of the Naruto series only modernized.... I feel it's a little far fetched, but I could see it some ways. 

Still they're a little too late to realize it now. I mean if BoruSara in their mind is suppose to salvage NaruSaku then I'm sorry it just doesn't work. It shows you preference mattered to you then what the story was, and that's why the ending turned out the way it did. 

You know I'd like to see RTN situation with Boruto and Sarada except instead of being in a genjutsu world they get sent back in time during Naruto's era like idk say maybe towards the end of Part 1 maybe in the middle of Part 2... Given with the whole technological aspect that's in the series. That would be cool to see, but I think it's like you said it would just further prove why the ending was bad. 

They will twist logic any which way they can to justify why NS was bad, but some how BS -which is pretty much NS with a more spoiled Naruto, and Sakura with some uchiha traits- is OK. At the end of the day it is their obsession with Hinata/Sasuke that makes them refuse to see NS as anything good even if they are fine with the same elements in other pairings. Granted some just want the clone to end up with Bolt is on some level acknowledging that they can't support BS without looking like hypocrites.

To be honest James once said that only in the US do Hinata fans come off any sort of vocal majority. Let's just say that's the case for this post. The reason for that is Toonami was cancelled, and Naruto moved off to Disney XD for a few years then to Toonami (a re-branded adult swim). So in the US there is disconnect among the fanbase between part one and part two that their isn't in anywhere else in the world. At least those that kept watching after part one.

Part one you can say that every pairing had their chance to shine, and anyone of them was a possibility. Part two it is clear even in the anime that NS had taken off and was going to be the canon pairing until near the end when suddenly the other pairing became important again.

So larger portion of the US fanbase still live(d) under the mindset that SS and nH were OK pairings that could possibly happen. Instead of part two mindset of Naruto and Sakura have clear strong growing feeling for each other, and the only thing that was preventing them from taking it to the next level was the promises they made to each other to bring Sasuke home.

As for using BS to reboot the series. Remember that they also want to attract young kids to Boruto. If the last three years prove anything it is that nH is not as big, popular, or successful as Hinata's fanatics claimed it would be. So if nH is worthless and won't attract enough young kids to keep the franchise going, why not go back to the pairing that worked for fifteen years with the next generation?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, Yesterday, 06:26 PM.

#1428 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,224 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:31 PM

Not gonna lie I don't think this episode was that bad.. I'll even say it was good.

There is a scene between Sarada and Sakura when it comes to the subject of Naruto and Boruto.

Sakura: "it's your first sleepover with friends." 

Sarada: "I'm not going because I really want to go."

Sakura (pats Sarada on the forehead): "Come on for someone going off to have fun, you sure don't look excited.  Did something happen?

Sarada: "No it's just that idiot Boruto being stupid again." 

Sakura (laughs): "Oh Boruto again." 

Sarada (curious): "What?"

Sakura: (smiles with laughter): "It's just that I used to say that about Naruto." 

Sarada (surprised): "To Lord Hokage?" 

Sakura: "To me he's just Naruto." 

Sarada: "Hey mom, were you two good friends?" 

Sakura: "Well.... maybe not much in the academy, but when we became a team. We were more than family." 

Sarada: "So you can get close after graduation?" 

Sakura: "Of course." 

That's pretty much the scene, I mean there's a little more regarding eternal friendship, but that was mainly the jest of it. One of the few things that stuck out to me when it came to this episode. 

Next week, I think is going to be the prelude to the Graduation Exams, so I'll be keeping my eye on that and the next two since I think they cover the exam stuff, unless I'm wrong on that note. 

the Hypocrisy of that is, as usual they tell don't show, and don't give me that "we are best friends and are inseparable" bull kitten when you EXPLICITLY tried to destroy and undermine their relationship in The Last to make your fantasy couple "come true" you hypocrites. :down:

Edited by Phantom_999, Yesterday, 05:32 PM.

s4ma8z.jpg

#1429 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted Yesterday, 09:03 PM

the Hypocrisy of that is, as usual they tell don't show, and don't give me that "we are best friends and are inseparable" bull kitten when you EXPLICITLY tried to destroy and undermine their relationship in The Last to make your fantasy couple "come true" you hypocrites. :down:

Well this could always been the NaruSaku stuff members at SP. We know there are some there just to many who like Hinata workds there.

#1430 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,464 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:07 PM

Boruto/Clone shippers are pissed because they believe that SP is using Sakura as a device to promote BS, whereas the NH/SS are accusing Sakura of attempting to vicariously realize the romance she wished to have with Naruto through her daughter's own relationship with Boruto, claiming not only is she manipulating her daughter to alleviate her past regrets but that she's also emotionally "cheating" on Sasuke by doing so.

It's freaking hilarious. :lmao:

Good...good....let them burn into their own saltiness....

As long as it is psissing them off, I am happy now.

I hate being Bi-Polar. It's awesome.
Posted Image
Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#1431 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted Today, 12:00 AM

I am afraid he might like the movie overall....I mean, Nostalgia Critic said he liked Ghostbusters 2016 which, at leats for me and alot of others, was just a downright horrible movie...and no, it wasn't because "it was a female cast and it ruined my childhood." It was just a really bad movie.

Well he has and does not watch that many anime man his brother Rob has seen over 300 anime, so really Doug would need to read all the manga and read data books then read Kishi interviews so yeah I doubt he will ever do Naruto the Last.

#1432 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted Today, 12:01 AM

Boruto/Clone shippers are pissed because they believe that SP is using Sakura as a device to promote BS, whereas the NH/SS are accusing Sakura of attempting to vicariously realize the romance she wished to have with Naruto

But I thought she only and always loved Sasuke and saw Naruto as a friend and nothing more? :hm:

"We live in a world that is so quick to convince us to ignore our feelings. Feeling stressed? Get a massage. Feeling angry? Go to the bar with your friends and blow off steam. Feeling lonely? Meet someone in cyberspace and have a conversation on the computer. Depressed? Take a pill. Anxiety? Take 2 pills. Feeling happy? Well, by George, don’t talk about that because no one likes a bragger. Same with being sad, no one likes a Debbie Downer. But, heaven FORBID, that you actually TALK about your feelings and process them in a healthy way."

- Amy Cassidy

#1433 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

Darkness within Light

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted Today, 12:09 AM

But I thought she only and always loved Sasuke and saw Naruto as a friend and nothing more? :hm:

Funny how the truth comes out when your rage exposes your own deep-seeded insecurities over your ship. :hehehe:

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#1434 BlackShirtGuy

BlackShirtGuy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:Videogames, Anime, Naruto, Dragon Ball, Spider-Man, Megaman, Ace Attorney Series.

Posted Today, 12:30 AM

Just watched the scene on youtube, unfortunately made the terrible mistake of reading the comments  :wallbash:

Ok several things to point out, 1 why the position of Naruto in team's 7 has been retconned?? He's always looking angrily at Sasuke and now he's looking away from Sakura and Sasuke with an angy look on his face, is there any reason for that?
Second, why this even exist? Yes we are such good friends, yes we are closer than family, k but you don't hang out in fact, you haven't hang out in more time than Sarada's freaking age! Hey SP remember the good old "SHOW, don't tell" that you broke again and again in The Last and caused that wreck of a script?
I dunno why they need this to push BS, I guess because they are scared  of people thinking Sumire "deserves" Boruto, and to relieve the SS fandom who is probably NS since we know Sarada isn't going to be relevant at all otherwise, hell her own gaiden is more about team 7 than her, so tat was no surprise.

“There are many types of monsters in this world, monsters who will not show themselves and who cause trouble. Monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood, and, monsters who always tell lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance, they are much more cunning than other monsters. They pose as humans, even though they have no understanding of the human heart. They eat, even though they've never experienced hunger. They study even though the have no interest in academics. They seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such a monster, I would likely be eaten by it, because in truth, I am that monster.”   -L. Lawliet

3 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users