#41 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE (Yoshimoya @ Apr 7 2011, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree, but what do you think that the flashbacks Sakura had before trying to kill Sasuke were all about? Why did Kishimoto put those flashbacks in there? What held Sakura back from killing Sasuke? The romantic bond? Or the teammate bond? Because the flashback was of her always trying to get Sasuke to love and notice her...

Sakura dosn't have a romantic bond with him or a deep bond for that matter its not mutual. no evidence for that in the manga at all. just a team seven one. thats not to say Sasuke didn't care about her he did. Kishi put those flashbacks in to show she does have lingering feelings for him. at the end of the day hes still apart of team seven and still cares for him.

Edited by Living Lavish, 07 April 2011 - 09:11 PM.

#42 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:25 PM

You know I was hesitant in watching this just from reading everyone's reactions to it.

Overall this was done actually well. Sure the blushing from Naruto was left out, but to me that wasn't what made the chapter special. It was Sakura blushing, showing that her feelings were really there that did it for me. And watching this strung together through animation, I'm beginning to think that Sakura being angry was possibly her feeling dejected after this confession.

O and Kisame FTW!!!
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#43 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (Yoshimoya @ Apr 7 2011, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To me I seriously think the anime captured the moment correctly, save for the blush Naruto lacked (his eyes definitely made up for it though). She WAS about to cry, because Naruto is so dense and just OUTRIGHT REJECTED her in front of everyone. She had many intentions in this confession and I think she didn't expect Naruto to be so cold towards her(whether she was about to cry or not, she had the pained expression of a girl who was just rejected, I feel so bad for her and Naruto, their love is so complicated, so much for them to get through before they can finally love eachother). Seeing the anime version of this gives me somewhat new perspectives.

Naruto is too dense to see that she's changing and that he actually has a shot at the "unattainable fangirl of the Uchiha".
Sakura wasn't able to see that Naruto WANTS to, with his own will, save Sasuke. She thinks it was MOSTLY out of Naruto's love for her that he would keep trying and trying, endangering himself in order to save Sasuke. However, she finally gets it that Naruto does it because HE wants to. His persistent attitude fails him to give up... But Sakura doesn't want Naruto to be endangered anymore. She said herself "Worry about yourself for once!" She sees that he's so selfess as to always put others first and forgets himself sometimes. I think Sakura is doing well in the aspect of opening Naruto's eyes to the fact that people want him in this world and it would kill others if he died. That's why he was so shocked to see Sakura worrying about Naruto and how he always chased after Sasuke. She wants Naruto to come back to Konoha with her where they can be safe together. But Naruto, being his stubborn self, refused to believe it, refused to give up on Sasuke. I really cannot say what Kishimoto has planned for team 7 anymore... in the love triangle aspect. It's just been way too confusing... Naruto loves Sakura and Sasuke... Sakura loves Naruto and Sasuke... Sasuke doesn't love anyone but after seeing how much they have cared for him he will eventually right...? Personally, and many others have said so too, that it's too late for Sasuke to have a shot at romantic love, he has too much redemption to make up for. Sigh, idk if Kishimoto is trying to use this chapter as a scene of Sakura's changing feelings and how Naruto is starting to learn and grow up, seeing the different feelings one can have over time. I just don't like that Sakura keeps lieing about how she doesn't about Sasuke anymore. That's so not true.

But yeah the task of getting Naruto safe is in her hand, so she's willing to lie... And her blush in those scenes really spell out that she is TRUELY in love with Naruto. I wish Kakashi finished what he was saying, that wouldve been GREAT insight. However, Naruto DOES know Sakura very well... I have no idea if he's RIGHT this time about her lieing to herself though... This confession can be altered and interpreted in so many darn ways >.< I'm seriously losing it haha. So exasperated.

Edit*
Perhaps, hopefully... Naruto saw how Sakura said "I don't care about Sasuke anymore... *fake smile*" Perhaps this is what brought on Naruto's suspicion. It's not that he believes Sakura is lieing to herself about her feelings, but about how she's lieing that she doesn't care for Sasuke anymore. Naruto just doesn't see why she's lieing about it, but we as the reader do. Sakura has that task of telling Naruto about the disposal of Sasuke and has decided to HIDE it, this brings on Naruto's doubts and suspicions of everything, that's why he ends up not fully believing her. But perhaps it was 100% true despite all the hidden things concerning Sasuke?

You actually nailed it on this point. The anime captured Sakura's confession beautifully (and even backed it up that she truly loves Naruto with flashbacks of her actions in the Pain Arc: from calling out for him after Pain Shinra-Tensei'ed the village to her hugging him when he came home). Even her outburst after Naruto said that "she's lying" was realistic. I didn't even expected Sakura to slapped Naruto's left hand off of her when she was making her statement! I was like, "Whoa!!! I didn't see that coming!" Though I lol'ed when she slammed on Kiba's foot. Kiba's ouch expression = priceless! laugh.gif

At first, while looking at Naruto, they did forget the blush (and the redness on the nose since he was outside in cold and snow, without a damn coat on!) and it was very awkward and making it look like Naruto is the bad guy as Alexander said... however, by reinterpret the scenes, like you said Yoshimoya, it was the looks of his eyes that was spot on.

But yeah, this is drama for you! This was definitely one of the scenes that Kishimoto decided to escalate not the romance but the drama of the story which made every single fan crazy on a pickle when we first read the chapters on the manga. This is part of the scale when Naruto began to realized that everyone does changed, including Team 7 and have to stop living in the past where Sakura was still the ultimate Sasuke fangirl and Sasuke was... well, Mr. "so-called" goodie-two shoes. Time to move on and get out of that fairy tale.

As for the opening, it was alright. I didn't expected any NaruSaku or any SasuSaku because that's not what the openings are about. They only show what is currently happening in the storyline in an artistic/fantasy setting. The way I see is, which we will see later in a couple of episodes later, that Sakura now truly sees Sasuke a truly different, yet very cruel person. You can see at the end of the opening that Sakura brought out her kunai which signifies that she is going to kill him (which will be unsuccessful).

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#44 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:40 PM

Awesome episode!
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#45 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:33 PM

Most people have kinda already said what I thought, but I did like the OP and ED songs and animation! Though seeing Naruto with his shirt open in the ending surprised me. wink.gif

#46 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE (Yoshimoya @ Apr 7 2011, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree, but what do you think that the flashbacks Sakura had before trying to kill Sasuke were all about? Why did Kishimoto put those flashbacks in there? What held Sakura back from killing Sasuke? The romantic bond? Or the teammate bond? Because the flashback was of her always trying to get Sasuke to love and notice her...

The memory of those bonds, and the memory of Sasuke at his best- when he was in Team 7 and Naruto had caused a personality shift in him, Sasuke came to actually care about his team mate's welfare and even let his obsession with revenge fade. Naruto brought that out in Sasuke. The only other person who did that for a short time was Karin, and he point blank tells Karin he's sacrficing her because he had begun to care about her too much, she like Naruto had shifted his mind away from 24/7 focusing on revenge. He's so far gone he could shut off his feelings for her very quickly, but Naruto is different, Naruto is the one person who he tried to shut off his feelings but couldn't completely, not even when they last fought. And it sounds like Madara had a similar connection to Hashirama, he even speaks of "loving and hating" Hashirama. Madara sees the parallel too, telling Naruto he and Sasuke are fated to follow the Uchiha vs Senju cycle.

Edited by ciardha, 08 April 2011 - 12:10 AM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#47 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:22 AM

i liked the part where sakura pushed naruto's hand away and he still had his other hand on her, and shes like " what? i have to push this one too??" i liked it this episode

im glad that we got naruto's and sakura's first fight over with. every couple goes through this in manga at some time. it just shows that this wont break their relationship.

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#48 Yoshimoya

Yoshimoya

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:animeee :D manga :D tennis :D life :D

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Apr 8 2011, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i liked the part where sakura pushed naruto's hand away and he still had his other hand on her, and shes like " what? i have to push this one too??" i liked it this episode

im glad that we got naruto's and sakura's first fight over with. every couple goes through this in manga at some time. it just shows that this wont break their relationship.

Haha another thing I never thought of! Nice point there really. I wonder about Sasuke Sakura's relationship though, that's considered a fight >.> but it's different from Naruto and Sakura's right? I think Sasuke and Sakura's relationship is a little beyond repair... it'd be too awkward to become something yennow. But Naruto and Sakura STILL GOING STRONG ;D

^Adam Couple. KPOP couple <3 google them! They're like an anime couple I swear to God. Watch their show. PM me for link :]

#49 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE (Yoshimoya @ Apr 8 2011, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha another thing I never thought of! Nice point there really. I wonder about Sasuke Sakura's relationship though, that's considered a fight >.> but it's different from Naruto and Sakura's right? I think Sasuke and Sakura's relationship is a little beyond repair... it'd be too awkward to become something yennow. But Naruto and Sakura STILL GOING STRONG ;D

when i said fight i meant verbally biggrin.gif not physically. laugh.gif

narusaku-yelling and they move on.

sasusaku-you try and kill a chick twice its over biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#50 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:06 AM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Apr 7 2011, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol - I liked it too. This is one of those times when the anime sheds more light on an action than the manga does. Yeah, first the one hand, then the second, makes you think she's getting good and angry the more she thinks about what he's saying! heheelq7.png

QUOTE (Yoshimoya @ Apr 7 2011, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder about Sasuke Sakura's relationship though, that's considered a fight >.> but it's different from Naruto and Sakura's right? I think Sasuke and Sakura's relationship is a little beyond repair... it'd be too awkward to become something yennow. But Naruto and Sakura STILL GOING STRONG ;D

Yeah, definitely the team 7 dynamic has and will continue to shift more toward Sakura's supporting Naruto, and wanting to save Sasuke for Naruto's sake.

To me, Sakura had always had a way of calming Sasuke. Indeed, she may have been thinking that herself when she approached him. That, like Naruto, she needed to see him, try to sway him. It worked when she was younger, with that beautifully drawn scene of her hugging Sasuke and his curse mark receding. So, rethinking it now, maybe some wisps of those memories carried along with her. Yoshi, you're right — it is good to go over this stuff again!

Reading some of the comments through this thread, sometimes I wonder if I'm reading the same manga! My opinions are so different sometimes! lol

#51 Yoshimoya

Yoshimoya

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:31 AM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Apr 8 2011, 03:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol - I liked it too. This is one of those times when the anime sheds more light on an action than the manga does. Yeah, first the one hand, then the second, makes you think she's getting good and angry the more she thinks about what he's saying! heheelq7.png

Yeah, definitely the team 7 dynamic has and will continue to shift more toward Sakura's supporting Naruto, and wanting to save Sasuke for Naruto's sake.

To me, Sakura had always had a way of calming Sasuke. Indeed, she may have been thinking that herself when she approached him. That, like Naruto, she needed to see him, try to sway him. It worked when she was younger, with that beautifully drawn scene of her hugging Sasuke and his curse mark receding. So, rethinking it now, maybe some wisps of those memories carried along with her. Yoshi, you're right — it is good to go over this stuff again!

Reading some of the comments through this thread, sometimes I wonder if I'm reading the same manga! My opinions are so different sometimes! lol

Hahahaha yeah for sure. That's why debating and discussing it really helps you clear some things up and get things right xD. Like my friends and family who watch this don't look into it as much as I do xP so when they have a question I answer it then refer to like the manga or something then they say "OHHH I see now". If it weren't for the NaruSaku dynamics I wouldn't have been this interested in the anime xD. Just saying.

^Adam Couple. KPOP couple <3 google them! They're like an anime couple I swear to God. Watch their show. PM me for link :]

#52 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:46 AM

QUOTE (Yoshimoya @ Apr 7 2011, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Sasuke and Sakura's relationship is a little beyond repair... it'd be too awkward to become something yennow.

It never was anything. Sasuke found her attempts at romancing him irritating- he had absolutely no romantic feelings for her whatsoever. She was just the weak girl on the team to him, and that was at his best. Sakura knew that by the time she made her confession as well- She even starts it off with "you must hate me". She knew he'd never return her feelings as well.

Where with Naruto, she thought (based on what Sai told her) Naruto was as deeply in love with her as she had become with him. Naruto's actions and words lead her to temporarily think it was Sasuke Naruto truly loved.

And look what happened to Karin- the girl who did briefly have something with Sasuke- he mortally wounds her (and intended to kill her) when, through no fault of her own, she becomes a unintended obstacle to his revenge obsession and he decides he will brook no more obstacles.

Tricksie, that happened once, look what happens in the hospital- Sasuke actually gets more violent when she tries being sweet and calming. (The apple thing- when Sasuke did that and looked so crazed I was creeped out and knew Kishimoto was going to have Sasuke willfully turn violent and evil. No curse mark influence needed.)

Edited by ciardha, 08 April 2011 - 03:00 AM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#53 Yoshimoya

Yoshimoya

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Apr 8 2011, 02:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It never was anything. Sasuke found her attempts at romancing him irritating- he had absolutely no romantic feelings for her whatsoever. She was just the weak girl on the team to him, and that was at his best. Sakura knew that by the time she made her confession as well- She even starts it off with "you must hate me". She knew he'd never return her feelings as well.

Where with Naruto, she thought (based on what Sai told her) Naruto was as deeply in love with her as she had become with him. Naruto's actions and words lead her to temporarily think it was Sasuke Naruto truly loved.

And look what happened to Karin- the girl who did briefly have something with Sasuke- he mortally wounds her (and intended to kill her) when, through no fault of her own, she becomes a unintended obstacle to his revenge obsession and he decides he will brook no more obstacles.

Dang, true that. And to add to your strong statement, I came across one argument in favor of NaruSaku that is, it discussed the scene where Sakura tried to verbally convince Sasuke to stay with her in Konoha.

"even at the goodbye scene, he thought of Both Naruto and Sakura. He said "I can never be like you and Naruto." And when Sakura mentioned loneliness, the image that appeared in his head wasn't Sakura's sole presence, but again, both of them. Even though Naruto was nowhere around. >_>"

This is one huge and strong point that I never thought about or actually came across on as I never really thoroughly analyzed the FIRST part of Naruto. This further drives home your point @ciardha, because Sasuke knew from the start that he'll NEVER be like those two, and when Sakura said she'll be just as ALONE as Sasuke if he left, Sasuke ponders on that then an image of Naruto and Sakura http://img78.imagesh...dbyebothzt1.png appears in his mind, and that's his way of mentally responding "No you won't, you have Naruto."

And look what happened biggrin.gif It's true! She fell in love with Naruto and the only loneliness she can imagine is LOSING Naruto, thus going through all of this just to keep Naruto safe. They definitely took different paths as he said.

Edited by Yoshimoya, 08 April 2011 - 02:58 AM.

#54 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:27 AM

Personally I sincerely loved this episode. I'm not going to get into detail there because so many of you have already done such a great job doing so. Anyhow, with the opening, I thought the song was dedicated to the confession and narusaku while the animation had nothing to do with the song but the arcs comin up. And I love how so many are unhappy about naruto missing his blush. Are you really nervous that it shows that naruto may not love sakura anymore?because I thought that was already settled when Sai spoke to naruto. We already know naruto loves sakura; from chapter on through sai. We don't need anything else for proof there. This episode was to show sakuras feelings...hence the episode title. Naruto was never the important piece there. Though his actions of disbelief later on will be readressed.

#55 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE (Yoshimoya @ Apr 7 2011, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dang, true that. And to add to your strong statement, I came across one argument in favor of NaruSaku that is, it discussed the scene where Sakura tried to verbally convince Sasuke to stay with her in Konoha.

"even at the goodbye scene, he thought of Both Naruto and Sakura. He said "I can never be like you and Naruto." And when Sakura mentioned loneliness, the image that appeared in his head wasn't Sakura's sole presence, but again, both of them. Even though Naruto was nowhere around. >_>"

This is one huge and strong point that I never thought about or actually came across on as I never really thoroughly analyzed the FIRST part of Naruto. This further drives home your point @ciardha, because Sasuke knew from the start that he'll NEVER be like those two, and when Sakura said she'll be just as ALONE as Sasuke if he left, Sasuke ponders on that then an image of Naruto and Sakura http://img78.imagesh...dbyebothzt1.png appears in his mind, and that's his way of mentally responding "No you won't, you have Naruto."

And look what happened biggrin.gif It's true! She fell in love with Naruto and the only loneliness she can imagine is LOSING Naruto, thus going through all of this just to keep Naruto safe. They definitely took different paths as he said.

And look as well how two of Sasuke's last fully sane actions furthers the movement to narusaku- Sasuke is the one who urges Naruto to fight Gaara to save Sakura, and then afterward he makes sure Sakura knows it's Naruto that saved her- and after first being disappointed that Sasuke hadn't saved her, her face lights up and the sweet smile that she only shows when she's thinking of Naruto appears.

#56 Yoshimoya

Yoshimoya

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:45 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Apr 8 2011, 03:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And look as well how two of Sasuke's last fully sane actions furthers the movement to narusaku- Sasuke is the one who urges Naruto to fight Gaara to save Sakura, and then afterward he makes sure Sakura knows it's Naruto that saved her- and after first being disappointed that Sasuke hadn't saved her, her face lights up and the sweet smile that she only shows when she's thinking of Naruto appears.

Yeah, Sakura totally has this sweet smile that she reserves ONLY for Naruto. I have never seen her use it on Sasuke, because she was never in love with him in the first place. (She was in love but it was different since they were both 12 and immature) With Naruto she's grown and learned to accept (see my quote below my signature xD). That perfectly describes them.

And yeah, though it took me a while to realize this, Sasuke has helped (intentionally and indirectly) the Naruto and Sakura relationship bloom. He's played small parts, just like Sai who served as a catalyst to them. Naruto and Sakura have always had that spark, but Sasuke, Sai, and Yamato have played a role in helping them.

What I like the most from your post is the smile she reserves for Naruto :] almost forgot about that haha!

#57 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Apr 7 2011, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tricksie, that happened once, look what happens in the hospital- Sasuke actually gets more violent when she tries being sweet and calming. (The apple thing- when Sasuke did that and looked so crazed I was creeped out and knew Kishimoto was going to have Sasuke willfully turn violent and evil. No curse mark influence needed.)

Meh. Like I said, different opinions. As far as a bond between Sasuke and Sakura, yeah, there were more things than just that, and but his character has some fatal flaws that preclude him having a deeper relationship with anyone.

She did have a bond with Sasuke, and it had an effect on him. But in the end he rejected all his bonds. When she went after him she really believed she could sway him. I don't look down on her for chasing after him, it's brave and bittersweet. She knows she has nothing to offer but she's desperate to be on equal footing and have her acknowledge him. Desperation, as Tsunade would say, being the key ingredient. But to dismiss Sakura as an "Uchiha fangirl" or being in "fangirl mode" is to ignore her character motivation and simply turn her into a stereotype (not from anyone's posts, it's just the ever-present term).

It's interesting in this episode because Sakura approaches Naruto entirely differently. She has a contingency plan, indeed she may have planned all along that Naruto would reject her offer of love and return to the village. And she knows she's powerful enough to take fate into her own hands. It's just that when she finds the she has the opportunity to sever those bonds of her own accord that she can't do it. She's no Sasuke.

I have much higher hopes now for the anime scenes to come, her attack on Sasuke and Naruto's subsequent rescue, since this chapter was animated so beautifully.

#58 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:12 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Apr 7 2011, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
episode thoughts --Click here to view--
Yeah, leaving out Naruto's blush was a pretty major error. It would tend to lead to the impression Naruto isn't in love with Sakura anymore. I'm relieved they did listen to Kishimoto's blunt statement that Sakura was being 100% truthful about being in love with Naruto now.

Naruto doesn't get Sakura isn't lying to herself about not being in love with Sasuke anymore, but is still working through the distancing she wants and needs to do about Sasuke. That's why her words are so awkward and self-effacing.

It definitely makes Naruto look very rigid in his thoughts- even moreso than in the manga. He refuses to see Sakura in his mind as anything but the unattainable Sasuke fangirl. Which happens in the manga too, but it comes across even more harshly in the anime. You can see why Sakura walks away thinking Naruto is deeply in love with Sasuke, and doesn't love her anymore- the opening images reinforces this too. Rather than sasusaku it looks sasunaru to me. Sakura in agony over what she's unable to stop, the fight between Naruto and Sasuke, that happened she thinks partly because of her actions, and partly because Sasuke willingly keeps taking the darkest path. I think Sakura still thinks Naruto has romantic feelings for Sasuke and that Sasuke has love/hate feelings for Naruto. But Naruto's rescue of her from Sasuke, the open tenderness toward her, protectiveness, and defense of her with no mention of her having romantic feelings for Sasuke eased her mind, she knows at least Naruto still cares deeply for her.

can you please post a link to where he said sakura is in love with him?

#59 Master Sage

Master Sage

RASENGAN...... it never gets old

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:30 AM

QUOTE (Yoshimoya @ Apr 7 2011, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow i really never noticed this before in the manga. Also something i noticed about Sakura's confession to Sasuke is that it seemed like it was more like something to keep Sasuke in the village. I mean she doesn't even blush like she did back at the bench scene and back then she wasn't even confessing. Not only that but if you look at Sakura's face right after Sasuke says its time they all begin new paths, you can see that her plan to stop Sasuke from leaving is starting to fail so she makes a face as if she is thinking of something to say. With absolutly nothing else to persuade Sasuke she goes and spouts out "I love you with all my heart". I think the only reason this was said because she wanted Sasuke to stay. I think she just sees him as a teamate that she cares about

Anyways that was one great episode. The animation was just buetiful, but for some reason i couldn't help but feel that things were alot more dramatic than they usually were. Like when Naruto grabbed Sakura and Told her how he hated those who lied to themselves. Im not complaining though, i loved every single bit of this episode. The opening, the ending, the confession especially, and Killer Bee tongue.gif

#60 Yoshimoya

Yoshimoya

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:35 AM

QUOTE (Master Sage @ Apr 8 2011, 04:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow i really never noticed this before in the manga. Also something i noticed about Sakura's confession to Sasuke is that it seemed like it was more like something to keep Sasuke in the village. I mean she doesn't even blush like she did back at the bench scene and back then she wasn't even confessing. Not only that but if you look at Sakura's face right after Sasuke says its time they all begin new paths, you can see that her plan to stop Sasuke from leaving is starting to fail so she makes a face as if she is thinking of something to say. With absolutly nothing else to persuade Sasuke she goes and spouts out "I love you with all my heart". I think the only reason this was said because she wanted Sasuke to stay. I think she just sees him as a teamate that she cares about

Anyways that was one great episode. The animation was just buetiful, but for some reason i couldn't help but feel that things were alot more dramatic than they usually were. Like when Naruto grabbed Sakura and Told her how he hated those who lied to themselves. Im not complaining though, i loved every single bit of this episode. The opening, the ending, the confession especially, and Killer Bee tongue.gif

Yeah dude, I learn like one new thing about Naruto and Sakura every day hahahah xD. But yeah, I LOVED the episode too. As long as the anime is correct concept-wise I'm chill with how much they exaggerate. It makes it even more dramatic:] I love Sakura's confession it was so beautiful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users