53 replies to this topic

#21 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:46 PM

Doesn't that kind of contradict the other interview? Either he's saying a bunch of different things about which pairings came first, or this interview isn't real.

#22 kidNinja

kidNinja

Ruining your life since 1992

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:40 PM

AzureKnight's post history is a pretty big red flag. Taking that into consideration, I am pretty sure what he/she posted is a fake interview and they are trying to rile people up.

Until I see a native speaker translate what was posted I will continue to believe the OP link is a fraud.

Edited by kidNinja, 05 December 2014 - 11:40 PM.

NaruSaku...we believe in logic NOT fanfiction

Check out my story, Chain Reaction: Iron Revolution here

#23 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 12:17 AM

1.Nah, I don't think it was a lie. Kishimoto admitted before that he wanted to make Team Seven into a Nerima Daikon Brothers copy, so this one surely wasn't lie.

2.Actually, Yamato and Sai never made any sense. When Yamato made that "I believe you" comment he made that "analysis" about Sakura after 2 days together-ling without knowing anything about her feelings for Sasuke and the bond between the members of Team Seven, so that comment from Yamato was obliviously a fanservice shipping moment. About Sai... all of his knowledges are from books, he was living under the false believe that Naruto only wanted to save Sasuke because of Sakura, that's why Sai told Sakura into freeing Naruto from the promise.

3.That's why I love even Kubo! Didn't he made a foreshadowing that the Hollow Ichigo is Ichigo's real Zanpakuto? Yup, he did!

4.All Databooks are bad! The best example is Databook 3, where it was stated that Obito and Rin became genins at age 9 while Kakashi became chunin at age 5. Yet, in the manga they were taking the chunin exam together despite Kakashi was supposed to be a chunin already 4-5 years before Rin and Obito could leave the academy! So yes, that's why I can't believe in Databooks anymore! Also, Neji had Earth Style nature yet didn't use it to protect Naruto and Hinata? B*tch please!

Well, my theory is that this interview was supposed to be just a "revenge" againts those (truly) fanatic NS fans who were harrasing him and his assisstants since the end of the manga. Yeah, taking revenge on all NS fans was brutal, but if we see how much death threats and harrassing were sent to him and his assisstants it could be understand that Kishimoto could be angered because of those blinded idiots. I am sure he will make it clear and accept that this was just an anger-unleash because of some truly stupid and fanatic NS fans (because idiot fanatics are everywhere).

2- Sai point was valid as per Naruto and Sakura recognizing his correct interpretation of the situation.
The promise hurt Naruto and he felt obligated to save Sasuke based on it, however this changed when tobi told Naruto about the uchiha clan story, creating a even bigger drive for Naruto to save Sasuke.

Yamato's comments are not to be dismissed, they are an important plot point that tells the viewer that Sakura might be liking Naruto as more than a friend, and Yamato could catch up onto this in only 2 days.

4) The Databooks (minus the first) were made together with kishimoto, so they have pretty valid information.

About the fans... Well I don't know if you have a valid point or not, if we go by your point then kishi shouldve trolled nh/ss for the so called death threats he received some years ago...
In the end I guess he was just a bad writer, chose to develop a misleaded pairing instead of his own canon

Edited by Nar123, 06 December 2014 - 12:18 AM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#24 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 12:30 AM

"sigh" can  someone please put kishi in the death of an author trope?  :twitch: .

#25 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 12:36 AM

"sigh" can  someone please put kishi in the death of an author trope?  :twitch: .

If only Death Note was real...I have yet regret my comment...

#26 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 12:59 AM

@azure knight
lol try hard to justify kishimoto, eh?

#27 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 02:15 AM

1.Nah, I don't think it was a lie. Kishimoto admitted before that he wanted to make Team Seven into a Nerima Daikon Brothers copy, so this one surely wasn't lie.

2.Actually, Yamato and Sai never made any sense. When Yamato made that "I believe you" comment he made that "analysis" about Sakura after 2 days together-ling without knowing anything about her feelings for Sasuke and the bond between the members of Team Seven, so that comment from Yamato was obliviously a fanservice shipping moment. About Sai... all of his knowledges are from books, he was living under the false believe that Naruto only wanted to save Sasuke because of Sakura, that's why Sai told Sakura into freeing Naruto from the promise.

3.That's why I love even Kubo! Didn't he made a foreshadowing that the Hollow Ichigo is Ichigo's real Zanpakuto? Yup, he did!

4.All Databooks are bad! The best example is Databook 3, where it was stated that Obito and Rin became genins at age 9 while Kakashi became chunin at age 5. Yet, in the manga they were taking the chunin exam together despite Kakashi was supposed to be a chunin already 4-5 years before Rin and Obito could leave the academy! So yes, that's why I can't believe in Databooks anymore! Also, Neji had Earth Style nature yet didn't use it to protect Naruto and Hinata? B*tch please!

Well, my theory is that this interview was supposed to be just a "revenge" againts those (truly) fanatic NS fans who were harrasing him and his assisstants since the end of the manga. Yeah, taking revenge on all NS fans was brutal, but if we see how much death threats and harrassing were sent to him and his assisstants it could be understand that Kishimoto could be angered because of those blinded idiots. I am sure he will make it clear and accept that this was just an anger-unleash because of some truly stupid and fanatic NS fans (because idiot fanatics are everywhere).

1. Nope, it's a lie. Naruto legitimately liked Sakura and even figured out the reason for it. We saw no indication of him simply perpetuating his rivalry with Sasuke. Hell, the retcon explanation simply begs the question why Naruto didn't like Ino and the rest of the Sasuke fanboys.

2. Yamato and Sai made sense in that no one contradicted what they said and that Sakura was more than willing to believe what they said. As for only living under a false belief that Naruto wanted to save Sasuke because of Sakura, Sai openly addressed this when Shizune brought it up. Sai's overally point was that although Sasuke causes Naruto to suffer, so did Sakura. This was never contradicted by anything and we were never given reason to doubt his words.

3. Uh . . . no. Kubo never foreshadowed that. lol. His explanations were constantly changing. His initial explanation was that the hollow was trying to take over Zangetsu, not that Zangetsu wasn't his real zanpaktou. Then there's that young zangetsu bankai plothole kubo created when Ichigo was preparing for Aizen. No foreshadowing. Just bullsh-t made up by the minute, hahah. Either way, not relevant here. If Kishi was to mislead people, all he accomplished was spending an awful lot of time doing it as oppossed to providing the character development needed for this ending to make sense. Kishi realizes this which is why it all gets crammed into a 90 minute movie as oppossed to a 700 chapter manga. Kishi simply comes off as a complete dufus for this explanation. :lmao:

4. Minor inconsistencies (such as character age) can easily be handwaved. Character motivations, especially when integral to characters, however, are a different story. We've known about Naruto's feelings for Sakura thorought all but 3 chapters of a 700 chapter manga. We also know that it has pushed him to excel as well as bring Sasuke back no matter what. It also resulted in some well needed character development for Sakura. Stuff like that can't simply be handwaved, which is why Kishi is going out of his way to give us these BS explanations in the first place.

If he's trying to get "revenge", he's not only an idiot, but he's an unprofessional idiot. There are those of us who aren't making death threats or petitions and whose only crime was believing that the author was actually going somewhere with developments he put in the story. His responses on this issue are undefendable. You cannot defend bullsh-t. If he were a man of integrity, instead of beating around the bush and coming up with all of these explanations on his decision to make NaruHina canon, he'd instead say "I realize not everyone is fond of this ending and I apologize for not living up to everyone's expectations. It's my personal belief that this is the best way to resolve these characters. It was not my intention to offend or deceive any of my readers. I simply wanted to tell the best story I could tell. Ill feelings or not, I thank all my readers for there years of dedication and support."

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 06 December 2014 - 02:21 AM.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#28 SuperChief

SuperChief

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 02:30 AM

Is this even legit?

#29 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:41 AM

Im sorry....this is too ridiculous to be true, even if Kishi did say it.

Really, are the Studios just writing his speeches now just to say how great the movie is? Really, this is even going again what he said JUST LAST WEEK.

So in a matter of a week we went from Kishi saying "I am not good at writing romance and I wasn't sure who to pair Naruto with, but we decided on Hinata" to "Oh yeah, NH was planned from the VERY beginning and everything else was a huge mislead." This has to be a joke right? This either has to be a joke or Kishi is purposely trying to make fans open their eyes to the bullsh** in a sly way of making it sound "too good to be true." Because this has to be all fake. There is no way any of this can be the truth.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 06 December 2014 - 03:42 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#30 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:53 AM

Im sorry....this is too ridiculous to be true, even if Kishi did say it.

Really, are the Studios just writing his speeches now just to say how great the movie is? Really, this is even going again what he said JUST LAST WEEK.

So in a matter of a week we went from Kishi saying "I am not good at writing romance and I wasn't sure who to pair Naruto with, but we decided on Hinata" to "Oh yeah, NH was planned from the VERY beginning and everything else was a huge mislead." This has to be a joke right? This either has to be a joke or Kishi is purposely trying to make fans open their eyes to the bullsh** in a sly way of making it sound "too good to be true." Because this has to be all fake. There is no way any of this can be the truth.

It's no joke. All translations agree. This is from an official source. I think my support for NaruSaku was the only thing that blinded me (and many others) from seeing the truth until the last two chapters. It should've been clear for a while now that this is Kishimoto's true nature. For pete's sake, he had the title character running around calling a mass murderer the coolest guy ever. Is it any surprise that he would deliberatley throw in a great volume scenes just to mislead his readers knowing full well that these characters meant a great deal to a lot of people? The guy is messed up in the head. Really, it's no wonder that he thinks Sakura would be a terrible women for getting over a guy who belittles and tries to kill her. It's as if the man has no empathy whatsoever.

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 06 December 2014 - 03:55 AM.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#31 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:12 AM

BS to reading this story wrong

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#32 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:26 AM

Kishi is an insult to writers everywhere. Walt Disney is rolling over his grave. Dr. Seuss feels disgraced. Even Michael kittening Bay would call this kitten.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#33 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:27 AM

BS to reading this story wrong

This interview basically tells us, that we didn't read the manga wrong at all, we were lied to all this time.

What I find funny is NH fans find this hilarious, yet I find it hilarious that the fact that they are happy that Kishi is literally telling them, that he would rather spend spent multiple chapters, (even more if you consider the MinaKushi and ObiRin parallels) on pointing at Naruto and Sakura's trolling than give them even half a chapter of them having an actual conversation, Same for the SS fans.

Kishi felt the need to troll us was more important than actually build relationships between the final pairs.

iAnby7W.gif

#34 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:28 AM

It's no joke. All translations agree. This is from an official source. I think my support for NaruSaku was the only thing that blinded me (and many others) from seeing the truth until the last two chapters. It should've been clear for a while now that this is Kishimoto's true nature. For pete's sake, he had the title character running around calling a mass murderer the coolest guy ever. Is it any surprise that he would deliberatley throw in a great volume scenes just to mislead his readers knowing full well that these characters meant a great deal to a lot of people? The guy is messed up in the head. Really, it's no wonder that he thinks Sakura would be a terrible women for getting over a guy who belittles and tries to kill her. It's as if the man has no empathy whatsoever.

-pinches the bridge of my nose-

You do realize that Kishimoto contradicted himself on what he said last week. I know you like to believe this stuff, but I don't. Sorry. This is Kishimoto playing damage control and nothing more. This whole "NaruSaku blinded you" thing is insulting to us and please stop saying that. I am getting tired of people saying that. I have read MANY manga and watched tons of anime with OTPs in mind and not once did I read anything wrong in the series. This have been the ONLY series where apparently people keep telling me I "read it wrong."

You can't tell me I read stuff wrong when apparently this is the only series this has happened in. Maybe it is not the fans are the wrong one's here, huh? Kind of funny how other fans, and even the creators, wants to blame the fans for not "reading it right" when apparently 99% of the stuff they are writing now just go against everything he have set up before.

Do you really believe everything they said is all truth? Not just now, but everything they have ever said? All of a sudden NH was always the plan? Bull. If that really is true, then Kishimoto shouldn't write anymore because he is the worst writer ever and I mean, THE WORST WRITER EVER. Even Stephanie Meyer writes better.

No...this is Kishimoto shooting himself in the foot. If you have to insult your fanbase to try and save face, then you know something is wrong. They refuse to admit they f**cked up so instead they blame us the readers. Not just the NS fans, but every fan who followed. The difference now is not pairings choice, but rather who actually blindly follows everything they say....or calls them out on their bullsh**...and judging from how many people have returned their tickets and the theaters are becoming more and more empty....it is clear that readers are not too happy being insulted.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 06 December 2014 - 05:29 AM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#35 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:28 AM

Even JK Rolling wasn't this disrespectful to her fanbase

#36 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:35 AM

-pinches the bridge of my nose-

You do realize that Kishimoto contradicted himself on what he said last week. I know you like to believe this stuff, but I don't. Sorry. This is Kishimoto playing damage control and nothing more. This whole "NaruSaku blinded you" thing is insulting to us and please stop saying that. I am getting tired of people saying that. I have read MANY manga and watched tons of anime with OTPs in mind and not once did I read anything wrong in the series. This have been the ONLY series where apparently people keep telling me I "read it wrong."

You can't tell me I read stuff wrong when apparently this is the only series this has happened in. Maybe it is not the fans are the wrong one's here, huh? Kind of funny how other fans, and even the creators, wants to blame the fans for not "reading it right" when apparently 99% of the stuff they are writing now just go against everything he have set up before.

Do you really believe everything they said is all truth? Not just now, but everything they have ever said? All of a sudden NH was always the plan? Bull. If that really is true, then Kishimoto shouldn't write anymore because he is the worst writer ever and I mean, THE WORST WRITER EVER. Even Stephanie Meyer writes better.

No...this is Kishimoto shooting himself in the foot. If you have to insult your fanbase to try and save face, then you know something is wrong. They refuse to admit they f**cked up so instead they blame us the readers. Not just the NS fans, but every fan who followed. The difference now is not pairings choice, but rather who actually blindly follows everything they say....or calls them out on their bullsh**...and judging from how many people have returned their tickets and the theaters are becoming more and more empty....it is clear that readers are not too happy being insulted.

*claps really hard*

Amazing post. I agree that this interview denouncing NS as superficial and false seems too conveniently paired with this NH slaughter banquet of a movie to not garner any kind of suspicion. Do you believe that Kishi might concoct another tale at Jump Fest to try and paint himself in a more sympathetic light?

#37 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:40 AM

*claps really hard*

Amazing post. I agree that this interview denouncing NS as superficial and false seems too conveniently paired with this NH slaughter banquet of a movie to not garner any kind of suspicion. Do you believe that Kishi might concoct another tale at Jump Fest to try and paint himself in a more sympathetic light?

Thank you.

Well, seeing how Kishimoto has just proven he is nothing more than a big fat liar I don't know what is truth anymore.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#38 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:43 AM

What I wanna know is why constantly show SasuSaku in a horribly dark light if NaruSaku was just some massive troll job. Or why have more impactful NaruSaku moments after the slightest interactions of Naruto and Hinata?

#39 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:45 AM

*claps really hard*

Yeah, I think the damage control train is just leaving the station. It's going to be rolling a long time. It's going to keep coming back with every new venture they do under the Naruto brand. Kishimoto's going to have keep justifying and defending. He will have to keep negating the first 15 years of the manga. And I'm sure that because he's shown such blatant disrespect to his fans — insulting NS and giving SS a token pairing, while NH gets a retcon extravangza — his old fans are not going to hang around to see what he does next. 

#40 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 06:22 AM

Yeah, I think the damage control train is just leaving the station. It's going to be rolling a long time. It's going to keep coming back with every new venture they do under the Naruto brand. Kishimoto's going to have keep justifying and defending. He will have to keep negating the first 15 years of the manga. And I'm sure that because he's shown such blatant disrespect to his fans — insulting NS and giving SS a token pairing, while NH gets a retcon extravangza — his old fans are not going to hang around to see what he does next.

What is it that he stands to gain by ostracising the fans who helped mould this story's popularity? Surely he must realise what he's doing by forswearing a number of important developments in the manga. It cannot be what he originally intended. Kishi may hold his own unique opinions, but he's not suicidal enough to insult his readers' intelligence by suggesting that they misinterpreted the manga - at least, I hope he isn't. His interviews have certainly revealed a more blunt and transparent aspect to his personality.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users