31579 replies to this topic

#26641 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 09:58 PM

You know what they say to justify NH's lack of panels together, "it's not a romance manga" lmao XDD

I hate that stupid argument.

"No no no it's not a romance manga."

But here's an entire ending with pairings and here's a movie that is pairing focused and here's a manga special chapter made for that movie and here's a 10 chapter manga of pairing drama of who's the mommy.

I mean they are correct, it wasn't a romance manga, but they made it into one.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#26642 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 10:22 AM

You know what they say to justify NH's lack of panels together, "it's not a romance manga" lmao XDD

Which is odd when they defend the endgame pairings to death (the otherwise rational response would be they really don't care about the pairings, it is what is and leave it at that). Even odder when 3 months after the ending they make a movie to explain HOW Naruto moved from Sakura to Hinata, a whole novel dedicated to the village reacting to the NH wedding, another novel on Sakura's "HIDDEN" feelings, ending the anime with an NH wedding (because apparently the movie didn't do it's job or something) and then several plot points in Boruto to try and explain WHY HInata is perfect for Naruto despite the fact that it contradicts what Kishimoto wrote. 

Yeah, Naruto wasn't and SHOULDN'T have been a romance manga. That doesn't excuse it from doing a lousy job in that subplot. Even the more romantic shonen mangas skip the weddings entirely because they expect their readers NOT to be idiots, saying "Come on, you know where this was headed a long time ago. Let's skip the extremely lovey dovey kitten."

I also heard on the tumblr that a pack of Naruto merchandise focusing on bonds is being released...and Sakura's not among them. :down:  Which is understandable; I mean, all she did for Naruto was support his dream...be his close friend...heal him...thank him personally after the Pain invasion...saved his life....

Going by Boruto I'd say this show was about bonds only to DESTROY them.

#26643 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 06:42 PM

I also heard on the tumblr that a pack of Naruto merchandise focusing on bonds is being released...and Sakura's not among them. :down:  Which is understandable; I mean, all she did for Naruto was support his dream...be his close friend...heal him...thank him personally after the Pain invasion...saved his life....

"but shes just a friend"  :^)

Edited by gamma, 07 November 2018 - 05:40 AM.

#26644 Yojeveka

Yojeveka

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku, Pokémon, Nuzlockes, Voice Acting

Posted 06 November 2018 - 08:01 PM

Here's a pic of it. It's just how she looked in the anime.

Beware: May burn your eyes

Actually, this is sad. No cool ninja Hinata, no Byakugan princess or whatever... Just a good-looking future wife. She has no relevance at all besides being a sexual toy/kitchen slave. Worst part? Every "fan" or hers will be jumping of joy because their hime got a pretty figure.

Nothing new, I guess.

2r2sxtg.gif

*Needs an English Talker*

#26645 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 07 November 2018 - 12:38 AM

I see her fans jerking off. 

509356167_759751.gif?4

#26646 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 07 November 2018 - 01:17 AM

I see her fans jerking off. 

Me too which is sad, I mean is this what Anime has become now? A girl with big kittens who is nothing more than a baby factory who just cooks and cleans the house for her lord and master.

#26647 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 01:19 AM

Me too which is sad, I mean is this what Anime has become now? A girl with big kittens who is nothing more than a baby factory who just cooks and cleans the house for her lord and master.

I think you guys are being a little too hard on the character for being a homemaker. That's a perfectly fine thing for someone to want to be. 

If she was married to let's say Kiba and was still the same, no one would bat at an eye. I think honestly it's mainly because its Naruto and it shows their home life to be miserable.

#26648 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 07 November 2018 - 01:44 AM

Having just finished full Metal alchemist brotherhood I can say winry, Riza, Izumi, Mia, Lon fan, Oliva were all better than hinata.

#26649 Yojeveka

Yojeveka

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku, Pokémon, Nuzlockes, Voice Acting

Posted 07 November 2018 - 04:40 AM

I think you guys are being a little too hard on the character for being a homemaker. That's a perfectly fine thing for someone to want to be. 

If she was married to let's say Kiba and was still the same, no one would bat at an eye. I think honestly it's mainly because its Naruto and it shows their home life to be miserable.

Not really. Hinata was supposed to fix her clan as their leader. You know, make her father, sister, cousin and herself proud of her growth.

Yeah, the fact she ended with Naruto is the worst, but if she had became a housewife after getting married to X, that would still be bad for her as a character. She had potential, but we'll never see it because she only mattered when it came to fangirl over a boy.

Edited by Yojeveka, 07 November 2018 - 04:41 AM.

2r2sxtg.gif

*Needs an English Talker*

#26650 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 06:27 AM

For me it was more how her fans hyped her up to be an amazing character when she wasn't, shipping aside. Kishimoto never showed in her in an "amazing" light, and to me her being a homemaker is pretty much on par with her character. But her fans STILL insist she kicks ass, when she CLEARLY doesn't.

If she had an arc where she actually achieved something worthwhile, being a homemaker in the end wouldn't have been a problem. It just makes me mad that her character was stagnant and every time some article talks about Naruto, they literally put Hinata among their examples of key characters in the series. It's like claiming Chi-Chi was the most important part of DragonBall.

Not really. Hinata was supposed to fix her clan as their leader. You know, make her father, sister, cousin and herself proud of her growth.

Yeah, the fact she ended with Naruto is the worst, but if she had became a housewife after getting married to X, that would still be bad for her as a character. She had potential, but we'll never see it because she only mattered when it came to fangirl over a boy.

Pretty much everyone who didn't have man parts became a housewife. Except Orochimaru, if you want to count...him? Her? I don't know anymore (and I don't care either). These endings would have been okay IF every woman achieved SOMETHING before becoming housewives. The closest was maybe Sakura, but that was tossed out the window and clear into the moon at 693.

#26651 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 12:13 PM

BECAUUUUUUUUUSE It's is a lose-lose situation that starts and ends with one simple question, Why does "The Last" Exist? And they are shooting them selves in the foot either way.

Naruto is not a romance manga- Then why was "The Last" a ROMANCE MOVIE to make NaruHina believable? Why is Naruto not a romance manga but they needed to make the the very first canon movie to the manga itself a "matchmaker fic"? Why wasn't this movie focusing on another theme that is not romance then If Naruto was "never about romance"?

Naruto IS a romance manga- Then why was The Last needed to justify Naruto and Hinata's love for each other? Why was Hinata not given any romantic scenes with Naruto in the manga yet so much effort was spent to make Sakura a "false lead girlfriend" all the way until chapter 699? Again it is NOT DIFFICULT to draw Naruto asking Hinata on a date, or even going out of his way to be with her regularly prior to this movie, now is it?

Is "The Last" a Necessity for an underdeveloped shipping or an unnecessary retcon and waste of time since Hinata was always the Intended "Mrs. Uzumaki"? The Hinata hierophants don't want to answer either or, because they don't want to defile their religion :no:    

Edited by Phantom_999, 24 April 2019 - 11:42 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#26652 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 03:29 AM

BECAUUUUUUUUUSE It's is a lose lose situation that starts and ends with one simple question, Why does "The Last" Exist? And they are shooting them selves in the foot either way.

Naruto is not a romance manga- then why was "The Last" a ROMANCE MOVIE to make NaruHina believable? Why is Naruto not a romance manga but they needed to make the the very first canon movie to the manga itself a "matchmaker fic"? Why wasn't this movie focusing on another theme that is not romance then If Naruto was "never about romance"?

Naruto IS a romance manga? then why was The Last needed to justify Naruto Hinata's love for each other? Why was Hinata not given any romantic scenes with Naruto yet so much effort was spent to make Sakura a "false lead girlfriend" all the way til the end? Again it is Not DIFFICULT to draw Naruto asking Hinata on a date, or even going out of his way to be with her regularly, now is it?

Is the Last a Necessity for an underdeveloped shipping or an unnecessary retcon and waste of time since Hinata was always the Intended "Mrs. Uzumaki"? The Hinata hierophants don't want to answer because they don't want to defile their religion :no:    

You're soooooo right! "The Last" was just pointless. It doesn't benefit either side. And it just proves how much of a romance Naruto was in the end. That's what they went with — not the bromance. Not Naruto winning over power and supercool enemies (like Akatsuki and Pain). It was all about the romance.

#26653 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 04:16 AM

You're soooooo right! "The Last" was just pointless. It doesn't benefit either side. And it just proves how much of a romance Naruto was in the end. That's what they went with — not the bromance. Not Naruto winning over power and supercool enemies (like Akatsuki and Pain). It was all about the romance.

Well that was what the Otaku animators at SP cared about and that what they convinced everyone else the international fanbase particularly the American fanbase cared about; the romance of hinata. If they didn't have the backlash happen so immediately they would've constantly gone on and on about how great the romance was, and how integral to the story of Naruto it is.

Original in one of kishi interview before the last came out he said that Naruto wasn't about romance because he couldn't write it well (or more accurately the main pairing was NS which was abandon for Boruto, also kishi lost a lot of confidence in his writing abilities the last few years before the ending,) but the last was about romance (because it was about nH.) It was afterward they just went on and on about how Naruto was never about romance what-so-ever(, because the backlash hit.) 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 14 November 2018 - 05:36 AM.

#26654 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 11:11 AM

BECAUUUUUUUUUSE It's is a lose lose situation that starts and ends with one simple question, Why does "The Last" Exist? And they are shooting them selves in the foot either way.

Naruto is not a romance manga- then why was "The Last" a ROMANCE MOVIE to make NaruHina believable? Why is Naruto not a romance manga but they needed to make the the very first canon movie to the manga itself a "matchmaker fic"? Why wasn't this movie focusing on another theme that is not romance then If Naruto was "never about romance"?

Naruto IS a romance manga? then why was The Last needed to justify Naruto Hinata's love for each other? Why was Hinata not given any romantic scenes with Naruto yet so much effort was spent to make Sakura a "false lead girlfriend" all the way til the end? Again it is Not DIFFICULT to draw Naruto asking Hinata on a date, or even going out of his way to be with her regularly, now is it?

Is the Last a Necessity for an underdeveloped shipping or an unnecessary retcon and waste of time since Hinata was always the Intended "Mrs. Uzumaki"? The Hinata hierophants don't want to answer because they don't want to defile their religion :no:    

Epic post  :thumb:

It's pretty much how you say, the Last was made SPECIFICALLY to make up for poor development in the source material, the motives of which are clear given that it was released MONTHS after the ending. They KNEW there would be questions (Kishimoto's interviews prove that).

They would have been better off if they waited a few years, maybe release it as an anniversary gift to the fans. Problem is, for that to work, NH had to work in the manga to begin with in order to make it unnecessary, but in the position they are now, it IS. 

I saw a post on Deviant Art a while back with one person trying to defend the ending by comparing it to DragonBall, citing the episode where Goku and Chi-Chi after the Budokai go on an adventure to retrieve a fan before getting married. A few problems:

1) That episode in DragonBall isn't canon. The Last is.

2) Goku already agreed to marry Chi-Chi in the canon material. No one got squat in Naruto. No closure for NS, no crystal clear bridge for NH, and NO EXCUSE for SS

3) DragonBall NEVER had a pairing controversy. Toriyama just put two people together and never asked his fans to care about the development or find any deeper meaning with his pairings. Given that Kishimoto had to explain himself five times at this point, I think it's safe to say he's BEGGING us to buy into this.

4) Kishimoto already said that he only loved DragonBall until a certain point (namely the Frieza saga), so stop comparing Naruto to DragonBall. Just because one inspired the other does not excuse the mistakes made.

If we were going to have underdeveloped romance, I'd rather have everyone be as asexual as possible throughout the story. At least then we wouldn't feel like we were supposed to care one way or another with the endgame.

#26655 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 12:02 PM

If we were going to have underdeveloped romance, I'd rather have everyone be as asexual as possible throughout the story. At least then we wouldn't feel like we were supposed to care one way or another with the endgame.

Or Naruto's interest in Sakura could have actually been shallow instead of more significant than almost any other character motivation in the f***ing story.

Edited by DrK, 11 November 2018 - 12:03 PM.

#26656 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 12:18 PM

The last exist to fulfill SP dream , lust and desire to see their most beloved sweetheart byakugan princess ascend to the throne of heroine replacing that flat chest violent.

SP looking at Hinata knit scarf and The Last

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#26657 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 08:18 PM

Epic post  :thumb:

It's pretty much how you say, the Last was made SPECIFICALLY to make up for poor development in the source material, the motives of which are clear given that it was released MONTHS after the ending. They KNEW there would be questions (Kishimoto's interviews prove that).

They would have been better off if they waited a few years, maybe release it as an anniversary gift to the fans. Problem is, for that to work, NH had to work in the manga to begin with in order to make it unnecessary, but in the position they are now, it IS. 

I saw a post on Deviant Art a while back with one person trying to defend the ending by comparing it to DragonBall, citing the episode where Goku and Chi-Chi after the Budokai go on an adventure to retrieve a fan before getting married. A few problems:

1) That episode in DragonBall isn't canon. The Last is.

2) Goku already agreed to marry Chi-Chi in the canon material. No one got squat in Naruto. No closure for NS, no crystal clear bridge for NH, and NO EXCUSE for SS

3) DragonBall NEVER had a pairing controversy. Toriyama just put two people together and never asked his fans to care about the development or find any deeper meaning with his pairings. Given that Kishimoto had to explain himself five times at this point, I think it's safe to say he's BEGGING us to buy into this.

4) Kishimoto already said that he only loved DragonBall until a certain point (namely the Frieza saga), so stop comparing Naruto to DragonBall. Just because one inspired the other does not excuse the mistakes made.

Months? Months!? It was released one month later, and like everything else that happened it clear the it was part of a release schedule some executive cooked up at best a few months before. In order to maximize the profits of the end of Naruto, and the start of the sequel Boruto.

Beyond that you're right that everyone knew that is was underdeveloped. But they were banking on the international fanbase not caring because they are getting the pairing they always wanted. Shame those fans mainly pirated the kitten.

#26658 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:18 PM

So kishimoto had a hard time writing the ending of the pain arc according to a new interview thoughts on this?

I find ending of the pain arc to be disappointing naruto beats his enemy by saying that nagato is failure because he wasn't the right chosen one. Narutos narcissistic opinion is what proved nagatos views wrong? Thats bullcrap.

https://comicbook.co...ending-trouble/

#26659 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:34 PM

It probably would have helped if Kishimoto never bothered with that Child of Prophecy plot point.

Also had issues with Pain bringing everyone back to life that he just killed. That was a major deus ex machina; prior to that, Naruto had a pretty good track record of killing characters and making them stay dead. 

On top of that, they didn't kill HInata when she SHOULD have died. I'm not talking about plot or my (now) personal vendetta against her. She LITERALLY should have died after being stabbed in the heart.

Then again, Karin survived a heart stabbing, so I guess Kishimoto didn't know that about human biology. He would never make it as a doctor, that's for sure.

#26660 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:08 AM

You're soooooo right! "The Last" was just pointless. It doesn't benefit either side. And it just proves how much of a romance Naruto was in the end. That's what they went with not the bromance. Not Naruto winning over power and supercool enemies (like Akatsuki and Pain). It was all about the romance.

Exactly and EITHER OUTCOME Is admitting that the whole movie is a pointless farce. But no Hinata fanatic is willing to admit it because it proves either way we were right- That Naruto never Loved Hinata until that movie so it was not planned. But to say that invalidates their beliefs that Hinata is Naruto's Soulmate and that Naruto always loved her like she loved him. They don't want to give us the gratification that Naruto only had eyes for Sakura until "The Last" so they ramble that Naruto is not a romance manga to preserve their pride and dignity a little. But here is the irony and hypocrisy of it. Many other shonen manga/anime are not a romance manga/anime yet the pairings are decisive and clear enough that these very same fans eat it up regardless of whether they like it or not. And DOES ANYONE SEE a movie trying to justify a romance between a couple if it is NOT about romance like Dragon Ball or FullMetal Alchemist? What About Bleach, hmm? Did Bleach say "lets make one last movie and call it canon to explain how Ichigo marries and knocks up Orihime?" Is there a movie like that anywhere?

Edited by Phantom_999, 17 November 2018 - 05:58 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users