Close
Photo

Orange(Orenji) by Ichigo Takano

shojo seinen romance slice of life drama time travel comedy best bro depression suicide

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#1 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:20 PM

Hi! About a month ago, I've started this shojo manga called Orange. I was looking out for new Shojos after I've caught up with Akatsuki no Yona (a must for shojo fans if you ask me), and when I saw this "time travel" theme in Orange, I had to give it a try b/c I'm a sucker for anything time travel story related. The basic premise of the manga is as followed:

In the Spring she was 16, Takemiya Naho receives a strange, but detailed letter from herself, ten years in the future. At first she thinks the letter is a prank, but then the things written in the letter actually happen, including the new transfer student that sits next to her in class, Naruse Kakeru. The letter reads just like her diary entries, down to the same characters. It is not till two weeks later, when Kakeru shows back up at school, that Naho finishes the letter. In the letter, her 27-year-old self tells her 16-year-old self that her biggest regret is that Kakeru is no longer with them in the future, and asks her to watch him closely.

While I have my own personal grudges with this manga, overall, I'm enjoying this manga a lot. You're left asking yourself what will happen with Kakeru, and the overall future. So far there are 18 chapters, but since the manga will apparently end in three chapters, I thought it was time to create  a thread for it.

This website is really good if you want to find out news about the manga: http://orange-takanoichigo.tumblr.com/

iss_orange_takano-ichigo_ch009_002-003.j

Btw, a live-action movie has been confirmed already and will be released this December: http://www.animenews...december/.87421

Edited by trang95, 29 April 2015 - 02:40 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#2 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:10 PM

It's going to end in three chapters man I'm pretty curious as to how it's going to wrap up. Overall though so far I've been enjoying this shoujo manga series and can't wait to see what happens next. 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#3 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:12 PM

It's going to end in three chapters man I'm pretty curious as to how it's going to wrap up. Overall though so far I've been enjoying this shoujo manga series and can't wait to see what happens next. 

I wonder so, too... I mean, the manga is doing in Japan fairly well with its sales, but it too 4 months for Ch.18 to come out! Have you read Ch.18 yet?

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#4 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:21 PM

I wonder so, too... I mean, the manga is doing in Japan fairly well with its sales, but it too 4 months for Ch.18 to come out! Have you read Ch.18 yet?

I just finished reading it, and that ending page like woah.. I don't know what to say things don't seem to be going the way everyone's expecting it to.

#5 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:26 PM

I just finished reading it, and that ending page like woah.. I don't know what to say things don't seem to be going the way everyone's expecting it to.

It looks bad, like pls no Kakeru. Why don't you pick up the phone?! I want the next chapter right now! I'm interested to see how this love triangle will get solved.

I'm sure though, that Kakeru won't die in this timeline.

Btw, do you ship anything in particular? I ship NahoxSuwa. I also like HagitaxAzusa.

Edited by trang95, 28 April 2015 - 11:26 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#6 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • Interests:Guilty Gear, Basketball, Futbol, and writing.

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:28 PM

It doesn't sound very nice D:

#7 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:29 PM

It doesn't sound very nice D:

Hello, stalker :D !

It's a romance story (sometimes it drags if you ask me), but yeah, it's quite depressing. Everyone is trying to save Kakeru from his depression and suicidal tendencies T_T

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#8 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:33 PM

It looks bad, like pls no Kakeru. Why don't you pick up the phone?! I want the next chapter right now! I'm interested to see how this love triangle will get solved.

I'm sure though, that Kakeru won't die in this timeline.

Btw, do you ship anything in particular? I ship NahoxSuwa. I also like HagitaxAzusa.

I know I got to that part and Iwas like Kakeru you idiot do something, the next chapter needs to come out for sure. So wait you said the series end in three chapters so I'm guessing that means it'll at chapter 21. 

When it comes this partciular series I ship NahoxSuwa and Hagita xAzusa to some extend. idk I like seeing NahoxKakeru but I feel NahoxSuwa is more genuine because you see just how much Suwa is willing to sacrifice everything for her sake and I'm like bro you really deserve her. 

#9 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:33 PM

Hello, stalker :D !

It's a romance story (sometimes it drags if you ask me), but yeah, it's quite depressing. Everyone is trying to save Kakeru from his depression and suicidal tendencies T_T

Hahaha, how could you!

Anyway...Hi stalkee :fu:

Sounds sad. Orange here I come : D

#10 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:48 PM

Hahaha, how could you!

Anyway...Hi stalkee :fu:

Sounds sad. Orange here I come : D

Orange is waiting for you

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#11 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:51 PM

No stalkee :hm:

#12 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:52 PM

I know I got to that part and Iwas like Kakeru you idiot do something, the next chapter needs to come out for sure. So wait you said the series end in three chapters so I'm guessing that means it'll at chapter 21. 

When it comes this partciular series I ship NahoxSuwa and Hagita xAzusa to some extend. idk I like seeing NahoxKakeru but I feel NahoxSuwa is more genuine because you see just how much Suwa is willing to sacrifice everything for her sake and I'm like bro you really deserve her. 

At least I heard that Orange won't have a lot of chapters left... I heard the news from that website I've listed up there.

^_^ For some reason, I think seeing NahoxSuwa cannon in an alternative future, and at the same time NahoxKakeru cannon in the present seems to me to be... not right? At least, Ch.17 has fully convinced me that whatever will happen from here, Naho herself will choose Suwa in the future. Obviously, not right now, but in the future.

Edited by trang95, 29 April 2015 - 03:11 AM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#13 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:52 PM

Aw I love this shoujo!

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#14 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:56 PM

No stalkee :hm:

:lmao: :lmao:

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#15 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:57 PM

Aw I love this shoujo!

Me, too! It definitely has some flaws, but at least the characters are very likable.

A liveaction movie has been announce, but I'm honestly hoping for an anime tbh. Even 12 episodes would be enough U_U

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#16 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:04 AM

Me, too! It definitely has some flaws, but at least the characters are very likable.

A liveaction movie has been announce, but I'm honestly hoping for an anime tbh. Even 12 episodes would be enough U_U

While I do like it, I still feel like it's overhyped. The concept is very interesting, but it still seems like a stereotypical shoujo to me. But don't get me wrong- I love stereotypical shoujos! 

It's just that if I compare Orange to say, Princess Jellyfish or Heroine Shikkaku, it pales. But that's my personal opinion.  :sweat:

Squad Roll call :

#17 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:08 AM

While I do like it, I still feel like it's overhyped. The concept is very interesting, but it still seems like a stereotypical shoujo to me. But don't get me wrong- I love stereotypical shoujos! 

It's just that if I compare Orange to say, Princess Jellyfish or Heroine Shikkaku, it pales. But that's my personal opinion.  :sweat:

No offense taken ^^

It's overhyped? Like how famous even is it in Japan XD?

To me, it's just a standard shojo, but you know, very enjoyable. I think that's what counts.

Princess Jellyfish! Still need to check that out!

Edited by trang95, 29 April 2015 - 12:08 AM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#18 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:17 AM

I'm a bit surprised that there haven't been any official volume releases in The US, and I think at this point in time they've got 3 volumes published in Japan. Plus I know there are a few shoujo series that've come out in in The US so i'm pretty curious as to when that announcement will hit. 

At least I heard that Orange won't have a lot of chapters left... I heard the news from that website I've listed up there.

^_^ For some reason, I think seeing NahoxSuwa cannon in an alternative future, and at the same time NahoxKakeru cannon in the present seems to me to be... not right? At least, last chapter has fully convinced me that whatever will happen from here, Naho herself will choose Suwa in the future. Obviously, not right now, but in the future.

Yeah I thought about that too like it would be iteresting, but at the same time it would just a bit weird too like it would just out of place. Apparently this shoujo is also listed as a seinen manga to some degree which kinda makes me scratch my head just thinking about it that way. I can also see Naho choosing Suwa in the future, but it won't happen now for obviousl reasons.

#19 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:26 AM

I'm a bit surprised that there haven't been any official volume releases in The US, and I think at this point in time they've got 3 volumes published in Japan. Plus I know there are a few shoujo series that've come out in in The US so i'm pretty curious as to when that announcement will hit. 

Yeah I thought about that too like it would be iteresting, but at the same time it would just a bit weird too like it would just out of place. Apparently this shoujo is also listed as a seinen manga to some degree which kinda makes me scratch my head just thinking about it that way. I can also see Naho choosing Suwa in the future, but it won't happen now for obviousl reasons.

Imao, I was looking up some info on wiki, and apparently it's seinen XD (although you should never trust wiki).

We'll see what happens from now on. I might buy the volumes depending on how it ends... If it ever does get released in the US.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#20 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:34 AM

No offense taken ^^

It's overhyped? Like how famous even is it in Japan XD?

To me, it's just a standard shojo, but you know, very enjoyable. I think that's what counts.

Princess Jellyfish! Still need to check that out!

Princess Jellyfish ruined me. The plot is so good  :cry: Like it's such a sweet yet relatable manga and I love it. I don't really care for the ships though lol. 

Orange is one of the most popular shoujos out right now. I read it because it was over hyped lol. Idk how it's sales are however. I just heard good reviews. 

Squad Roll call :

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shojo, seinen, romance, slice of life, drama, time travel, comedy, best bro, depression, suicide

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users