104 replies to this topic

#41 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:50 PM

The Hinata worship was created by the anime. It's the only reason Hinata is popular, because they elevated her to a near-goddess status, with extra animation of her manga moments and lengthy fillers of her background/side stories. If the anime hadn't happened, Hinata would not have been so popular. She's not featured in the manga, and she's not a presence in the movies. It's just the anime.

I've said this many times, but Kishimoto was not in a place to 'stand up for his own work,' because he was no longer working alone. He did what was in the best interests of the franchise, and those best interests (furthering the franchise and making money) were to switch the ending to Hinata. 

Kishimoto's statements are those of someone who no longer cares for his own work. His words reflect some contempt for the fans of the female characters, because those ships were used to take over the franchise. His whole focus has been on Naruto and Sasuke, with an unfair flattery of Sasuke through his storyline of 'coolness' and through Naruto's unfailing hero worship. I could easily see Kishimoto being resentful that in the end the ones driving the storyline to the bank were the girls. Not the 'bonds' between Sasuke and Naruto like he kept shoving to the front.

It's a glaring omission that he doesn't talk about Naruto and Sasuke's choices...because then it would be apparent that the two didn't have choices in the story. They were just given an ending. (And an ending that both characters said they never wanted.) He can't talk about Naruto and Sasuke without admitting how wrong the whole thing is. So he doesn't bring them up. Ever.

In the end, it wasn't the fans or the story that made Kishimoto write the way he did...but the franchise. Kishimoto did it all for that. If he feels sour grapes about that now, well it's too little too late. No matter what he says, no matter how much crap he spouts about the characters and the pairings, no matter how much noise he makes in interviews, he can't shout down the fact that we have an entire story that tells us how it should have ended.

Naruto loved Sakura. And he never stopped. Kishimoto just tacked on a different ending to extend the life of the franchise. These facts will never change. Screw Kishimoto's interviews. 

This is how I feel as well.

You can put blame on Kishimoto if you want, but I am just saying he is not the only one to blame.
I really want people to understand that losing control of your work is not an uncommon thing in the business world. No matter where you are.

Take example, read up on all the Jerry Siegal lawsuits over the rights to Superman and whether or not he should get residual or payment even if they weren't his creation.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 20 July 2015 - 02:51 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#42 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:59 PM

The Hinata worship was created by the anime. It's the only reason Hinata is popular, because they elevated her to a near-goddess status, with extra animation of her manga moments and lengthy fillers of her background/side stories. If the anime hadn't happened, Hinata would not have been so popular. She's not featured in the manga, and she's not a presence in the movies. It's just the anime.

I've said this many times, but Kishimoto was not in a place to 'stand up for his own work,' because he was no longer working alone. He did what was in the best interests of the franchise, and those best interests (furthering the franchise and making money) were to switch the ending to Hinata. 

Kishimoto's statements are those of someone who no longer cares for his own work. His words reflect some contempt for the fans of the female characters, because those ships were used to take over the franchise. His whole focus has been on Naruto and Sasuke, with an unfair flattery of Sasuke through his storyline of 'coolness' and through Naruto's unfailing hero worship. I could easily see Kishimoto being resentful that in the end the ones driving the storyline to the bank were the girls. Not the 'bonds' between Sasuke and Naruto like he kept shoving to the front.

It's a glaring omission that he doesn't talk about Naruto and Sasuke's choices...because then it would be apparent that the two didn't have choices in the story. They were just given an ending. (And an ending that both characters said they never wanted.) He can't talk about Naruto and Sasuke without admitting how wrong the whole thing is. So he doesn't bring them up. Ever.

In the end, it wasn't the fans or the story that made Kishimoto write the way he did...but the franchise. Kishimoto did it all for that. If he feels sour grapes about that now, well it's too little too late. No matter what he says, no matter how much crap he spouts about the characters and the pairings, no matter how much noise he makes in interviews, he can't shout down the fact that we have an entire story that tells us how it should have ended.

Naruto loved Sakura. And he never stopped. Kishimoto just tacked on a different ending to extend the life of the franchise. These facts will never change. Screw Kishimoto's interviews. 

...I love you... :wub:  *AHEM* Sorry.  :blush:

And you're right, Tricks, it is pretty sad in the long run. Especially when SP is responsible as much, yet they don't take any responsibility either. In the long run, it is just dumb that Kishi gave up because of extending the life of the franchise, in spite of the fact he had something good really going on in the long run.  :bash: And you can tell even in his writing in Naruto Gaiden he doesn't care anymore if he couldn't even follow through with the stuff with Karin and Sarada, even though he obviously meant that Karin is her biological mom but she lied to Suigetsu to protect Sarada for some reason.

As you said though, he has no time to be sour grapes over it. It's his own fault, since he chose to lay in bed with the wrong kind of choices, and also the wrong kind of people.

#43 ichigo500

ichigo500

Ichigo gunyu

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:34 PM

That should make the NH fans shut up about the fact that Hinata "did a loooooot to help Naruto, and was always there for him", and the SS fans too about the reasons Sakura loved Sasuke ! 

But the thing that made me laugh the most was the fact that immediately thought about Hinata's boobs after that guy's comment ! 

When I see this, I'm not surprised at all, because it's just the usual BS, but I'm still wondering HOW in the world did we (not all of us) thought that Kishi was a good author !!! 

tumblr_nq5cp7mpWa1t4u7tdo1_500.gif

:love: Kiss Kiss Fall in love  :love: 

My tumblr

#44 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 05:05 PM

Meh. I think the interview was just another stunt too draw attention. He probably realized by now he made a big mistake. Why else he got the guts to spit on his preferred canon pairings? You guess it right, the pro-ending group *didn't* bring enough money.

The only thing that he thought could've prolong the franchise and made more money was in fact giving him the opposite effects --he's lost his fans, his credibility and his money.

Frankly, the more I read his interviews, the more I feel disgusted.

Edited by Namaenash, 20 July 2015 - 05:06 PM.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#45 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 05:50 PM

Meh. I think the interview was just another stunt too draw attention. He probably realized by now he made a big mistake. Why else he got the guts to spit on his preferred canon pairings? You guess it right, the pro-ending group *didn't* bring enough money.

The only thing that he thought could've prolong the franchise and made more money was in fact giving him the opposite effects --he's lost his fans, his credibility and his money.

Frankly, the more I read his interviews, the more I feel disgusted.

I hear that.

#46 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 05:56 PM

the funny thing about this my friends? It shows that these pairings a sad sad thing. He claims that these pairings are "planned" yet tried to justify them with excuses after excuses that sound totally contradictory. If he wanted this believable he would have done it at least 5 years ago and not have dragged on two stupid one legged love triangle for the sake of drama. This is only the consequence of his sell out, and I for one don't care anymore what he says. It's clear he's thinking more out of his own butt hole than his actual brain.

And good riddance, as In I just sold some more of my Merchandise today. :smile: They are only old game but still it makes me feel so much better that I'm getting all this kittening weight off of me.

Edited by Phantom_999, 20 July 2015 - 05:57 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#47 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 21 July 2015 - 02:49 AM

I sold my stuff back in November when 699 and 700 were released. I immediately got up, grabbed a box and dumped ALL of my Naruto DVDs (I had the season 1 box set), Manga (vol 1 thru 30-something), Databook 3 and video games into that box. Sold them off that night.

I didn't waste any time.  

I still have a couple of things left. Like Shonen Jump magazines (although I'm not gonna punish the other manga), some trading cards that are worthless, that Queen Sakura chess piece, a Sakura plush and two gamecube games and a wii game. Also a Japanese Naruto Animanga that I'll probably have to donate.
The cards I'm probably gonna donate to a thrift store or something. But I gotta look through the set and see if there are any Hinata cards in there. It'll be wonderful fire food during the winter.  :happy:

Ahaha, my parents were so stunned when I started throwing things into the box. 

I don't have time for a spineless author, corrupt editors and a disgustingly bad anime studio who fap to personality-less sex dolls named Hinata. I already wasted 10 years on them.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#48 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 21 July 2015 - 02:57 AM

I don't own any Naruto merchandise.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#49 Legend054

Legend054

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:06 AM

So NH/SS are controlling the manga now and SP are just following their orders to make money from those tards. I always knew Kishi never wanted this to happen. 

1wocs1.gif

#50 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:39 AM

The only thing that still success about naruto is the game. There are so many positive comment on the game and the upcoming ultimate ninja storm 4. I think that is why they can still manage doing the anime but with very low budget resulting in bad graphic.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#51 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:40 PM

The only thing that still success about naruto is the game. There are so many positive comment on the game and the upcoming ultimate ninja storm 4. I think that is why they can still manage doing the anime but with very low budget resulting in bad graphic.

Aren't they doing ANOTHER filler arc on the anime?

#52 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 03:27 PM

I sold my stuff back in November when 699 and 700 were released. I immediately got up, grabbed a box and dumped ALL of my Naruto DVDs (I had the season 1 box set), Manga (vol 1 thru 30-something), Databook 3 and video games into that box. Sold them off that night.

I didn't waste any time.  

I still have a couple of things left. Like Shonen Jump magazines (although I'm not gonna punish the other manga), some trading cards that are worthless, that Queen Sakura chess piece, a Sakura plush and two gamecube games and a wii game. Also a Japanese Naruto Animanga that I'll probably have to donate.
The cards I'm probably gonna donate to a thrift store or something. But I gotta look through the set and see if there are any Hinata cards in there. It'll be wonderful fire food during the winter.  :happy:

Ahaha, my parents were so stunned when I started throwing things into the box. 

I don't have time for a spineless author, corrupt editors and a disgustingly bad anime studio who fap to personality-less sex dolls named Hinata. I already wasted 10 years on them.

Oh dear... I can understand how you feel.

I did similar things as well (manga series up to vol 63, few databooks, plushes, calendars, shirts, DVDs, etc). I put all of them in a medium sized IKEA box and gave it to unwanted items collector Whatever energy I have as left over for this series, I cleared it out my mind by channeling it out into a fanfiction.

Those were all the items I've collected in the past 14 years. I don't even want to sell it or give it to my friends --I don't want them to waste their time for something unworthy. I literally told the uncle collecting the items it was "unused books, outdated calendars and spoiled DVDs". No regrets, no attachments.

Anyways, before I threw it away, I skimmed through some author notes that Kishimoto had written in the cover back in earlier years... Wearing a hat as a reader of Naruto in those years and read those 'author notes' in the cover, you would never *ever* imagined this series would end up so badly.

The more I heard about the interviews (the one about *misleading* fans, the one about being a bad girl if moving on, and now this one), has made me realize that I took the right decision to drop this series and to stop reading ongoing manga series.

I've passed the stage where I wonder why did I ever like this series in the first place. Now I'm at the stage where I wanted to know how it will walk its downward spiral --starting with lies, contradicting interviews, drop in anime rating, drop in manga sales, etc...

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#53 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 03:53 PM

Oh dear... I can understand how you feel.

I did similar things as well (manga series up to vol 63, few databooks, plushes, calendars, shirts, DVDs, etc). I put all of them in a medium sized IKEA box and gave it to unwanted items collector Whatever energy I have as left over for this series, I cleared it out my mind by channeling it out into a fanfiction.

Those were all the items I've collected in the past 14 years. I don't even want to sell it or give it to my friends --I don't want them to waste their time for something unworthy. I literally told the uncle collecting the items it was "unused books, outdated calendars and spoiled DVDs". No regrets, no attachments.

Anyways, before I threw it away, I skimmed through some author notes that Kishimoto had written in the cover back in earlier years... Wearing a hat as a reader of Naruto in those years and read those 'author notes' in the cover, you would never *ever* imagined this series would end up so badly.

The more I heard about the interviews (the one about *misleading* fans, the one about being a bad girl if moving on, and now this one), has made me realize that I took the right decision to drop this series and to stop reading ongoing manga series.

I've passed the stage where I wonder why did I ever like this series in the first place. Now I'm at the stage where I wanted to know how it will walk its downward spiral --starting with lies, contradicting interviews, drop in anime rating, drop in manga sales, etc...

I mostly kept stuff from the GOOD period of the Chunin Exams. And that's about it. And really, I don't blame you really about it, or anyone for doing it. Seriously...

#54 SlyNinjaKnight

SlyNinjaKnight

Loyal Follower of the OTP of Naruto

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Fandoms: Naruto, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Star Wars and others.

Wish that Kishi would just stop trying to 'fix' Naruto, I guess that no one ever told him the phrase 'digging your own grave'. I will remember fondly the characters that made me love Naruto that were sacrificed at the all-mighty altar that is money (and crazy fan boys/girls).

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:14 PM

One has to wonder why Kishimoto has to keep making this statements 'defending' his pairings if Naru/Hina and Sasu/Saku are just perfect. If they are so perfect, why the need to defend them at all? He honestly is just throwing fuel on the fire as his 'Naruto' ship sinks below the waves. 

With the way he has had to defend these pairings really makes me think that Kishimoto underestimated how hated the ending would become, compared to what he was told by SP, and is now either just digging the hole deeper and deeper just to spite SP or he is so lost in his own little world that he is oblivious to it all.

#55 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:26 PM

One has to wonder why Kishimoto has to keep making this statements 'defending' his pairings if Naru/Hina and Sasu/Saku are just perfect. If they are so perfect, why the need to defend them at all? He honestly is just throwing fuel on the fire as his 'Naruto' ship sinks below the waves. 

With the way he has had to defend these pairings really makes me think that Kishimoto underestimated how hated the ending would become, compared to what he was told by SP, and is now either just digging the hole deeper and deeper just to spite SP or he is so lost in his own little world that he is oblivious to it all.

He's not defending them, he's bashing them. :zaru: He's retiring so he can't be hurt no more, the least he can do after making a kitten ending is to kitten all over it himself. I think that's what he's thinking.

ナルサク

#56 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:52 PM

He's not defending them, he's bashing them. :zaru: He's retiring so he can't be hurt no more, the least he can do after making a kitten ending is to kitten all over it himself. I think that's what he's thinking.

When you have nothing to lose...burn it all to the ground.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#57 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:54 PM

Definitely.

#58 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:25 PM

I agree with you man, just burn it all to the ground.

#59 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:51 PM

I agree with you man, just burn it all to the ground.

Yeah, burn it down to the gwound!

#60 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:29 PM

Yes his interviews are meant to be satirical. :zaru:  :yes:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users