134 replies to this topic

#41 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 12:56 AM

One thing for sure, it will be better than naru vs sasu.

I think it will have political element on it.

Everything is as of late.

I think so with that guy.

#42 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga, history, unexplained mysteries, linguistics, geology, astrology, astro physics, chemistry, astronomy, sport cars, and racing cars, monster trucks, quantum mechanics and particle physics

Anime/Manga - Gaming

NaruSaku, Ash x Misty, (Pokyshiping) Ichigo x Rukia, Kiba/Hinata, Ichigo x Orihime, Uryū x Orihime, Cullen x Amell, Alastair x Warden, Cullen x Female Inqustior Ed x Winnry, Spike x May Valatine, Kaiden Alekno x Female Shepard, Garus x Female Shepard, Joker x Female Shepard, Angg x Katara, Zuko x Katara, Mako x Kora ( Avatar the last air bender - Legend of Kora) I don't see the ending of Kora as canon since its more of a fan service ending, since the canon pairing is not a properly developed paring.

VLD pairing: Plance, Shiro x Adam, Hunk x Shay, Kallura
    anti Allurance

The Dragon Prince: Cullum x Rayla

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)
    Angel x Buffy, Buffy x Spike, Angel x Cordila Chase (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Booth x Bones (bones)
    Tony x Ziva David, Abby x Timothy McGee, Timothy x Delia (NCIS)
    Dean x Castiel, Sam x Gabriel, Sam x Elaine, Dean x Jo (Supernatural)

Comics parings: Supes x Lois Lang, Peter Parker x Mary Jay Waston, Captian x Black Widow, Hawke Eye x Black Widow, Jean Grey x Cyclops, Jean x Wolverine, Rouge x Gambit, Batman x Slilena Kyle, Bruce x Black Widow

Movies pairings: Jurassic Park series (Owen x Claire, Malcome x Sarah) Han x Leia, Luke x Maria Jade, Finn x Rey, FinnPoe (Star Wars)

Dislikes Supes x Wonder Woman, as it's basically turns a feminist icon in to a baby maker, NaruHinata, Sasuke x Sakura abusive relationship ahoy.

Posted 27 November 2015 - 01:15 AM

But even so why would Tony even be bambozled by the government, when he refused to politicized his suite aka war machine? He has stated many of times he wasn't going to be a tool of the government, and I doubt the captain would allow him to be used to kill his friend. It's just confusing is all, and I wish that they would only fight the government in this MU.

Edited by Ryriena, 27 November 2015 - 01:16 AM.

Them Duke boys never meant no harm.--------> my childhood.
Freedom of speech is no laughing matter, since it does take one person to stand up for the right too speak out.
firma__op__luffyxnami_nu__out__by_pjxd23

#43 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 27 November 2015 - 02:10 AM

But even so why would Tony even be bambozled by the government, when he refused to politicized his suite aka war machine? He has stated many of times he wasn't going to be a tool of the government, and I doubt the captain would allow him to be used to kill his friend. It's just confusing is all, and I wish that they would only fight the government in this MU.

Ehh if you read the comic "Arc" he actually has a semi good reason for doing what he does, and its not about being "bamboozled" because he's not. It basically comes down to him not seeing a better option, and attempting to play "chessmaster" with people's lives.

Him and Reed Richards become mega-asses through Civil war. Its pretty face palm worthy imo. 

Edited by Tsuki Hoshino, 27 November 2015 - 02:10 AM.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#44 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 03:01 AM

As someone who is NOT a hardcore, avid comic book reader (only know anything from reading stuff online, lol), I can say that I've enjoyed most of the MCU movies up to now starting from Iron Man, including AoU.

To quote what I said in response to people choosing sides on the YouTube vid of the trailer...

"There's really no completely right side in this and that's what makes it so hard; both sides have their own good points.

With Tony, by being completely independent, The Avengers could cause, as we saw in the previous movies, a crap ton of collateral damage, but wouldn't (or even couldn't given their power) be held responsible for any of it, thus the citizens and such are the ones paying the price (literally or metaphorically in terms of having their tax dollars being used to repair all that damage on a pretty constant basis). Also, as AoU showed, who knows if one or more of The Avengers ends up doing experiments or something dangerous behind the scenes (despite good intentions) that ends up endangering the world?

However, on the flip side, with Steve, by being anchored to a (the US) government, that would heavily restrict a lot of their movements and actions, and while that may be good in some situations (having to plan carefully rather than just blasting away at everything), at the same time, it means that they wouldn't be able to save anyone, anywhere, anytime. They would have to keep going to Big Brother for permission, who would then be the one to decide what they do and how they do it. Like, if there was a leader from another country that the government doesn't like, they could just withhold The Avengers from going in to save that leader just so that leader could be killed and the government could then play puppet politics and install a leader more to their liking. The same the other way around; the government could simply use The Avengers as their own global enforcers, eliminating anyone they don't like or deem a "threat" in order to better control the world to their liking.

And, as mentioned, Hydra had already very deeply infiltrated the government already, most likely still having agents within, so that could easily be used to blow things up in everyone's faces. Heck, I'm of the belief that the decision to have NYC nuked in the first Avengers movie was most likely due to the influence of Hydra agents in the government and S.H.I.E.L.D. given what we saw in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Not only would it most likely have eliminated most of the heroes who would pose a threat to their plans, but all the chaos it would cause, the fear, and whatnot would make things ripe for their fascist-like takeover."

2e5.gif

#45 Legend054

Legend054

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 12:38 PM

It looks good. The last one was a disappointment. I had no idea what the fuk was going on in the movie and Ultron wasn't a badass villain like in the cartoons. This one will probably better. I'm just waiting for Infinity Wars

1wocs1.gif

#46 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 02:28 PM

It looks good. The last one was a disappointment. I had no idea what the fuk was going on in the movie and Ultron wasn't a badass villain like in the cartoons. This one will probably better. I'm just waiting for Infinity Wars

Ultron get nerf.

#47 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 06:23 PM

tumblr_nt3244nBVC1qz5q5lo1_500.gif

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#48 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 06:28 PM

Ok, I learned no one is a fan of AoU here. Lol.

I'm a fan of the trailer, not the movie. :D

Seriously watch the trailer don't watch movie, and remain with the memory of that trailer and the thought of how awesome it will be.

But don't watch the movie. :D

tumblr_nt3244nBVC1qz5q5lo1_500.gif

I've been waiting for this since the first Avengers.

Edited by Nostradamus, 28 November 2015 - 06:12 AM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#49 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 06:56 PM

Yeah, that trailer is pretty damn good. The song, Ultron bringing the fear factor, and dark all around.

#50 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 08:24 PM

As someone who is NOT a hardcore, avid comic book reader (only know anything from reading stuff online, lol), I can say that I've enjoyed most of the MCU movies up to now starting from Iron Man, including AoU.

To quote what I said in response to people choosing sides on the YouTube vid of the trailer...

"There's really no completely right side in this and that's what makes it so hard; both sides have their own good points.

With Tony, by being completely independent, The Avengers could cause, as we saw in the previous movies, a crap ton of collateral damage, but wouldn't (or even couldn't given their power) be held responsible for any of it, thus the citizens and such are the ones paying the price (literally or metaphorically in terms of having their tax dollars being used to repair all that damage on a pretty constant basis). Also, as AoU showed, who knows if one or more of The Avengers ends up doing experiments or something dangerous behind the scenes (despite good intentions) that ends up endangering the world?

However, on the flip side, with Steve, by being anchored to a (the US) government, that would heavily restrict a lot of their movements and actions, and while that may be good in some situations (having to plan carefully rather than just blasting away at everything), at the same time, it means that they wouldn't be able to save anyone, anywhere, anytime. They would have to keep going to Big Brother for permission, who would then be the one to decide what they do and how they do it. Like, if there was a leader from another country that the government doesn't like, they could just withhold The Avengers from going in to save that leader just so that leader could be killed and the government could then play puppet politics and install a leader more to their liking. The same the other way around; the government could simply use The Avengers as their own global enforcers, eliminating anyone they don't like or deem a "threat" in order to better control the world to their liking.

And, as mentioned, Hydra had already very deeply infiltrated the government already, most likely still having agents within, so that could easily be used to blow things up in everyone's faces. Heck, I'm of the belief that the decision to have NYC nuked in the first Avengers movie was most likely due to the influence of Hydra agents in the government and S.H.I.E.L.D. given what we saw in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Not only would it most likely have eliminated most of the heroes who would pose a threat to their plans, but all the chaos it would cause, the fear, and whatnot would make things ripe for their fascist-like takeover."

Great post.

In the winter soldier, it was captain that was questioning the establishment and Shields. In this film, its captain's organization that has too much power which is true.

Its clear that Hydra lead by Zemo framed  Bucky and is using this incident to control te avengers, limit their powers, and destroy them from within. It looks like a smoke screen from what they are planning to do. They are clearly plotting something with the fishy factory in africa and the place where Cap fights Tony at the end screams Hydra secret base.

I think in the end Cap uncovers Hydra's plot and reveals the true by going rogue but in the end he dissolves the Avengers when all is done much like the Shields in winter soldier.

#51 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga, history, unexplained mysteries, linguistics, geology, astrology, astro physics, chemistry, astronomy, sport cars, and racing cars, monster trucks, quantum mechanics and particle physics

Anime/Manga - Gaming

NaruSaku, Ash x Misty, (Pokyshiping) Ichigo x Rukia, Kiba/Hinata, Ichigo x Orihime, Uryū x Orihime, Cullen x Amell, Alastair x Warden, Cullen x Female Inqustior Ed x Winnry, Spike x May Valatine, Kaiden Alekno x Female Shepard, Garus x Female Shepard, Joker x Female Shepard, Angg x Katara, Zuko x Katara, Mako x Kora ( Avatar the last air bender - Legend of Kora) I don't see the ending of Kora as canon since its more of a fan service ending, since the canon pairing is not a properly developed paring.

VLD pairing: Plance, Shiro x Adam, Hunk x Shay, Kallura
    anti Allurance

The Dragon Prince: Cullum x Rayla

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)
    Angel x Buffy, Buffy x Spike, Angel x Cordila Chase (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Booth x Bones (bones)
    Tony x Ziva David, Abby x Timothy McGee, Timothy x Delia (NCIS)
    Dean x Castiel, Sam x Gabriel, Sam x Elaine, Dean x Jo (Supernatural)

Comics parings: Supes x Lois Lang, Peter Parker x Mary Jay Waston, Captian x Black Widow, Hawke Eye x Black Widow, Jean Grey x Cyclops, Jean x Wolverine, Rouge x Gambit, Batman x Slilena Kyle, Bruce x Black Widow

Movies pairings: Jurassic Park series (Owen x Claire, Malcome x Sarah) Han x Leia, Luke x Maria Jade, Finn x Rey, FinnPoe (Star Wars)

Dislikes Supes x Wonder Woman, as it's basically turns a feminist icon in to a baby maker, NaruHinata, Sasuke x Sakura abusive relationship ahoy.

Posted 28 November 2015 - 04:05 AM

Ehh if you read the comic "Arc" he actually has a semi good reason for doing what he does, and its not about being "bamboozled" because he's not. It basically comes down to him not seeing a better option, and attempting to play "chessmaster" with people's lives.
Him and Reed Richards become mega-asses through Civil war. Its pretty face palm worthy imo.

Oh great, I have to wacth Tony and Dr. Reed become mega kitten through the entiered of the civil war arc. I never read the civil war arc, since it was before my time, but it still is. stupid to see that Tony becomes a chess master to ruin people's lives. To me doesn't make to much sense with their characters, but it will be interesting to see how the MU plays out.
Them Duke boys never meant no harm.--------> my childhood.
Freedom of speech is no laughing matter, since it does take one person to stand up for the right too speak out.
firma__op__luffyxnami_nu__out__by_pjxd23

#52 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:50 AM

As I've read Tony is siding with the government BECAUSE of what happened in Ultron. 

Now seeing as they've established Cap and Natasha as platonic life partners, I want to see more friendship moments between them. I actually enjoy Platonic life partnerships as much as romance cause that kind of relationship is very sweet init's own way :D

Edited by Phantom_999, 28 November 2015 - 11:00 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#53 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:03 PM

The MCU films have been getting pretty stale. Age of Ultron seemed like it might take a more interesting turn and freshen things up a bit, but it failed pretty badly at that. If Civil War doesn't contribute anything new and just ends up falling into the same "haha we're so witty and funny aren't we?" Marvel foil that Age of Ultron did, then the MCU will have become irredeemably stale and uninteresting.

Based on what? Certainly not box office sales. Yeah, AoU was pretty bad. But Ant Man was excellent. Jessica Jones has been getting fabulous reviews, and the CW trailer got an absurd amount of views in the first 24 hours.

We have a long way to go for the MCU to fall apart.

#54 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:11 PM

MCU is fine. Don't take too much on it just because of AoU. I guess this is how people felt with Episode 1 of Star Wars.

#55 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:34 PM

MCU is fine. Don't take too much on it just because of AoU. I guess this is how people felt with Episode 1 of Star Wars.

If anything, despite the slip up with AoU, I think the MCU will continue to be popular simply because they actually make an effort to tie all these sequels together.

That being said, the lack of female leads and co-leads is absolutely gross. "Oh, we can't introduce Wasp or Carol Danvers as side characters in another film!" *Introduces Black Panther, Vision, and countless others as side characters."

#56 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:39 PM

At least Jessica Jones is pretty good. I wouldn't say all is redeemed, but I guess the way it works isn't just because they're bs around, rather story wise just have men being part of it more so than women. Either blame the comics or all blame goes to the studio. You decide.

#57 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:47 PM

1. There will be no civil war as it seems, at max it would be 5x5 fight. They made everything from "All heroes must register" to "Cap don't want to let Bucky go to jail" it seems, such a fail.

2. No trace of  characters from SHIELD series in movie.

3. If they f'k up fight of Iron Man vs Cap 1:1 and put Bucky & Cap vs Iron Man instead, this will be last movie from Marvel to me. 

4. Trailers looks very underwhelming.

#58 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 10:50 AM

1. There will be no civil war as it seems, at max it would be 5x5 fight. They made everything from "All heroes must register" to "Cap don't want to let Bucky go to jail" it seems, such a fail.
2. No trace of  characters from SHIELD series in movie.
3. If they f'k up fight of Iron Man vs Cap 1:1 and put Bucky & Cap vs Iron Man instead, this will be last movie from Marvel to me. 
4. Trailers looks very underwhelming.

I fee like there are a lot of conclusions drawn here with very scant amounts of evidence.

#59 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 01:11 PM

I fee like there are a lot of conclusions drawn here with very scant amounts of evidence.

Only opinion, nothing is settled  :sweat:

#60 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:11 PM

Well...

If I were to do hype level with these two movies, I won't lie, I'm feeling more with this one as of now. Imagine, less spoiler is more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users