• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#1 Darts

Darts

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, gaming, anime (of course), horror movies, industrialmusic, clubbing, my fat cats.

Posted 10 May 2006 - 03:44 AM

So, ever wondered how they would live as a couple ? Like, how they'd get along and deal with their issues ?

I guess it COULD be a comical pairing, but every couple has to have it's intimate moments and all, where they get serious. It's hard to imagine Naruto do any kind of romance with a straight face...

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY:

- Sakura's liking for Naruto seems to be mostly motivated by pity, at least lately. I think that sucks but she's always like "Poor Naruto" and crying... In the beginning of part 2 she felt a bit nostalgic and all and now she's taking him into pity. Bad, REAL bad.

- Is Naruto even serious about Sakura ? Seems to me he has mostly abandoned any chances of getting her so he's trying to get angsty-what's-his-name back for her. Also, even in part one, I've never seen Naruto show interest in her in another way than as joke or through a crush.

God dammit, this musn't end up like Tsunade and Jiraiya !

#2 gamerman_007

gamerman_007

Shodaime Smexkage

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Females, Internet/computers B(o)(o)bs.

Posted 10 May 2006 - 04:08 AM

I think he has abandoned any hope of getting it on with sakura. so he gonna get sasuke to make her happy.

Bunny: Sasuke, join me.
Sasuke: What will I receive if I join you?
Bunny: POWER! UNLIMITED POWER!
Sasuke: Sweet! what do I do?
Orochimaru: Sssssssssssssaaaaaaasssssssssukkkkkkeeeeeee-kkkuuuuuunnnn!
Sasuke: oh f***

Sono nantomo ienai sekushii na oshiri wo ore no kokan ni okittensukete rizumu ni awasete kosurinasai = Back that ass up. :D

#3 Guest_algernon81_*

Guest_algernon81_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2006 - 04:10 AM

That's what it seems like, but I'm still hoping that she's gonna end up being another example of his "never give up" attitude, even if he seems almost indifferent to her now.

edit: And I'm not talking about not giving up on his promise to bring back Sasuke. I mean, never giving up on his feelings for her.

Edited by algernon81, 10 May 2006 - 04:10 AM.

#4 Mystic-G

Mystic-G

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (gamerman_007 @ May 10 2006, 12:08 AM)
I think he has abandoned any hope of getting it on with sakura. so he gonna get sasuke to make her happy.

You summed up bout a whole essay. He's doing it for himself and her...... I dunno which drives him more though.

Kishi better not ruin this meetin with Sasuke... there are many things he can do to make it interesting. ---- including narusaku wise

I dunno much but I will say this...... narusaku can be foreshadowed by tsunade & jiraiya...... but I don't think it will end up just like that. You can say the naruto series is runned by foreshadowing but you have to remember that Team 7: along with the others have their own life.

Jiraiya - is partly one but I only believe the only relation later on is that naruto, sakura, & sasuke will be the next legendary sennin. The relationships later on will not be foreshadowed from this.... notice that sasuke is doing this for a real reason... unlike Oro. Sasuke is an anti-hero but he's not evil.
Also if it were to be foreshadowed from Tsunade & Jiraiya this would cancel out Hinata & Sasuke from a relationship. --- not like that's a bad thing.

There will be MANY things that will not be foreshadowed..... I don't think the relationships later on will be by other people. Naruto & Sakura's relatioship is foreshadowed from what is done and said just like between Shikamaru & Temari, Chouji & Ino.

This is the obviousness that shows that they'll be together.

#5 neji_is_fabulous

neji_is_fabulous

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Ummmm....NEJI!!! Naruto, Angel Sanctuary, apple sauce,The O.C., Anime Conventions....

Posted 10 May 2006 - 08:47 PM

Well, Kishimto is thinking of making the second generation, but I can't see Naruto having kids....or any of the other characters for that fact of the matter.... sleep.gif

#6 Yori Uzumaki

Yori Uzumaki

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 08:56 PM

Really? In my fanfics, I gave Naruto and Sakura 4 kids. 111189.gif But any way, Naruto never gives up, well not often any way, but I think he's still holding out for Sakura, and Sasuke wouldn't make Sakura happy even if his life depended on it. a_shifty.gif

#7 cherry_bubblegum

cherry_bubblegum

LeeTen! W00t!

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:Anime, FFXII, anything Japanese(minus the food), drawing

Posted 10 May 2006 - 08:58 PM

Hmm, interesting, I've never thought of the whole "pity" thing before... sad.gif No!!Now I'm sad! I don't think it will end up like Tsunade and Jiraiya though, 'cause if there IS a second generation, don't you think Naruto will have some sort of child? I mean, Jiraiya didn't have kids, but a second generation after the NARUTO series not having Naruto's child in it?That...would be lame.

#8 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 10 May 2006 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (cherry_bubblegum @ May 10 2006, 08:58 PM)
Hmm, interesting, I've never thought of the whole "pity" thing before... sad.gif No!!Now I'm sad! I don't think it will end up like Tsunade and Jiraiya though, 'cause if there IS a second generation, don't you think Naruto will have some sort of child? I mean, Jiraiya didn't have kids, but a second generation after the NARUTO series not having Naruto's child in it?That...would be lame.

Its not pity. Because she pittied Naruto in part one. After Sasuke told her about how lonely it must be for Naruto since the boy practically didn't have anyone. Then she decided to start being nicer to him.

At that point it was pity, from there on. Her emotions have grown a lot. Besides she must have already gone through some inner dialogue with herself to determine was it pity she was feeling for Naruto. And decided it was more then that. Especially since her dedication to Sasuke seems to have taken second place to her concern to Naruto.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#9 gamerman_007

gamerman_007

Shodaime Smexkage

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 11:17 PM

She genuily cares about naruto. Besides i can see them having like 3 kids, 2 boys and one girl. I have to much free time.

Sono nantomo ienai sekushii na oshiri wo ore no kokan ni okittensukete rizumu ni awasete kosurinasai = Back that ass up. :D

#10 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 11:41 PM

Throughout most of part one, it's almost inconceivable that Naruto would be able to seriously handle a romantic situation. But he showed that he had a sensitive side when leaving Sasuke and Sakura alone and then when he tried to bring Sakura's spirits back up with the Promise of a Lifetime. He's still goofy a lot of the time, as shown by the number of times that he's botched NaruSaku moments, but that's not him all the time.

They already seem to have a pretty good rapport, with how Sakura scolds or beats on him and he whines and sometimes even listens. I could see them continuing to do that in a playful way.

Sakura has been showing a lot of concern for Naruto's plight in part 2 which is similar to how she acted around Sasuke. But she doesn't let that concern for him dominate how she acts around him or treats him. She still slugs him or rolls her eyes. And let's not forget that she was warming up to him in part 1 when she didn't know any of that. So I don't think that pity is at the heart of how she feels about him.

Regarding Naruto's feelings, I think that he has other priorities right now. His best friend is going to die pretty soon. I wouldn't say that he's abandoned his feelings for her, but I think he's trying to step out of the way because he's convinced that Sakura loves Sasuke so there's no point in pushing it. He's slipped a bit, back in 247 when he asked her on a date, but I'd hesitate to argue that there's emphatic proof that he still holds romantic feelings for her. But when he's shown some romantic intentions, plus a deep concern for her, I'm satisfied that he does.

Naruto's attempts to get Sakura to date him in part one were always played up for laughs. (As was chapter 247.) But his feelings for her were frequently shown to be genuine, such as how her plight motivated him to beat Gaara and the Promise of a Lifetime and even way back in chapter 3 with the henge scene (which was also played for laughs).

I don't have any doubts that Naruto cares deeply for Sakura and is still interested in her romantically. Nor that Sakura is developing romantic feelings for Naruto. What I'm not sure about is whether those feelings will be consummated into a romantic relationship or whether they'll just wither on the vine.

#11 gamerman_007

gamerman_007

Shodaime Smexkage

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 12:16 AM

neither do i, it was my pessimistic side talkin. -.-

#12 surlymoogle

surlymoogle

DEUCES

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 04:40 AM

(Please forgive me for the long-ass disorganized essay I am about to write regarding the TsuJira/NaruSaku parallel.)

I buy into the "Team 7 Will Get It Right Where The Sannin Got It So Very, Very Wrong" theory hook, line, and sinker. The Sannin are the "static" Team 7: the ones who never learned, the ones who never helped each other. Tsunade and Orochimaru never helped Jiraiya with the bell test; they left his ass tied to the tree and hightailed it out of there. Sasuke and Sakura, although still cold on Naruto at that point, chose to include him as part of the team. Further down the line, neither Jiraiya or Tsunade cared enough to forcibly pry Orochimaru back from the Dark Side; whereas we already know that the opposite is true with Naruto and Sakura's fervor to Bring Sasuke Home.

Furthermore...well, I've always been a TsuJira conspiracy theorist, as that's my favorite pairing. The main theory being that Jiraiya has always had feelings for Tsunade (that go well beyond just wanting to tap that ass) that he's always been unable to act upon, in part because Tsunade's view of him has never really changed. I don't think she's ever gotten past her general opinion of him as that theatrical, idiot teammate of hers who got himself tied to a tree trunk. She was obviously aware of his crush on her, she just didn't care. And then she met and fell in love with Dan, and that pretty much put up the No Vacancy sign for good, even after Dan's death.

Though, there's no evidence that Jiraiya ever actively attempted to turn the tides of Tsunade's opinion in his favor. I very much doubt that there was ever a climactic, "promise of a lifetime" moment where he ever proved himself to her to be something other than a histrionic booty hound. (If you ask me, he had a goddamn perfect opportunity right after Nawaki's death; he could've simply offered to just BE there for her. Then again, who knows; maybe he did, and she simply "declined" the way she always did.) Whatever the case might have been, Jiraiya (purely IMO, of course) came to view her as much of a lost cause as Orochimaru, and decided to stick to the freewheelin' pimp lifestyle: no disappointments, no conditions, you get what you pay for and nothing more. (Which is why they tend to seem deeply pathetic in their old age, especially when you see the two of them at the bar prior to the Sannin Showdown. I mean, c'mon, these two are NOT even remotely fulfilled individuals.)

So where does this leave Sakura and Naruto? Sakura, of course, once treated Naruto just as Tsunade treated Jiraiya: like an idiot teammate. But Sakura's grown up since then, and her feelings have evolved quite dramatically. Naruto used to be annoying, a screw-up, insensitive to her feelings; but he's proven himself, through blood and sweat and promises, through chakra loss and kyuubi-induced injuries, to be much more. Now he's the one person she can count on above all, and perhaps (hopefully) the one person she will come to love when she finally realizes what love is all about.

So far, the odds are stacked in their favor.

[/end long-winded rant]

#13 Guest_algernon81_*

Guest_algernon81_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2006 - 05:01 AM

I couldn't have said it better myself. I think too many people forget that not ALL of Jiraiya's advice to Naruto concerning his teammates is for the best, when they stick to the sennin comparison. The first 3 were great ninjas. The next 3 are not only that, but are bound to be great friends or go bust trying.

#14 Aoitsuki

Aoitsuki

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 05:14 PM

I think surlymoogle summed it all up for me. I easily buy into the whole "Team 7 Will Get It Right Where The Sannin Got It So Very, Very Wrong", as moogle put it. They have the original Sannins training them and I think they'll grow to be even more powerful than them.

Hopefully, Naruto will not inherit Jiraiya's pervertedness and get hit by Sakura every time they meet. tongue.gif

#15 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 11 May 2006 - 10:26 PM

Nick and Surlymoogle got it right. I agree with them. smile.gif

Yes, there is a big deal being made out of Sakura's feelings on Naruto's plight. But it is important to remember that there are other moments such as Chapter 245 (where she blushes and FLIRTS with Naruto) that did not have their roots in pity.

It's already been explained that Naruto still holds a candle for Sakura, just that he thinks she will only ever love Sasuke. We could see Sakura putting him right, if her developing feelings are anything to go by. It could even happen after the current manga arc has ended (not necessarily confession/kiss, but something that shows Naruto that Sakura really cares about him).

I would love to say that Naruto and Sakura will get it on and have a marathon session of smexing, but I'll be realistic and say anything could happen in the manga. XD If they do get together, it'll be in much the same way as before (Sakura punching Naruto when he gets out of line etc.) but with an intimate closeness.

#16 Darts

Darts

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, gaming, anime (of course), horror movies, industrialmusic, clubbing, my fat cats.

Posted 11 May 2006 - 11:32 PM

Intimate punches... how cute !

#17 gamerman_007

gamerman_007

Shodaime Smexkage

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (Smiter @ May 11 2006, 05:26 PM)
Nick and Surlymoogle got it right. I agree with them. smile.gif

Yes, there is a big deal being made out of Sakura's feelings on Naruto's plight.  But it is important to remember that there are other moments such as Chapter 245 (where she blushes and FLIRTS with Naruto) that did not have their roots in pity.

It's already been explained that Naruto still holds a candle for Sakura, just that he thinks she will only ever love Sasuke.  We could see Sakura putting him right, if her developing feelings are anything to go by.  It could even happen after the current manga arc has ended (not necessarily confession/kiss, but something that shows Naruto that Sakura really cares about him).

I would love to say that Naruto and Sakura will get it on and have a marathon session of smexing, but I'll be realistic and say anything could happen in the manga. XD  If they do get together, it'll be in much the same way as before (Sakura punching Naruto when he gets out of line etc.) but with an intimate closeness.

I go with the marathon of smex. w00t.gif
But let us bide our time, narusaksu will happen and sas-gay will perish MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!
IF sakura regressed into a squeeling fangirl when (if) they bring back sasuke or even now, i will hate her.

#18 One_Who_Is_Not_Named

One_Who_Is_Not_Named

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Naruto, Full Metal Alchemist, Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai 7, DNAngel, Kingdom Hearts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE (gamerman_007 @ May 11 2006, 07:48 PM)
IF sakura regressed into a squeeling fangirl when (if) they bring back sasuke or even now, i will hate her.

Yeah, I proabably would too. But thankfully, Kishimoto-sama wouldn't do that. After all this time, and after all of the maturing that Team 7 has done, Sakura knows much better. Especially after she tried and failed to stop him from leaving by being by his side in Konoha. She understands that Sasuke really isn't a noble or heroic guy, and she really had him all wrong.

#19 gamerman_007

gamerman_007

Shodaime Smexkage

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 02:39 AM

She knows his true side is a power-hungry willing-to-get-molested-to-get-power-to-kill-his-brother. Its sad.

#20 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 18 May 2006 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE (One_Who_Is_Not_Named @ May 17 2006, 09:31 PM)
QUOTE (gamerman_007 @ May 11 2006, 07:48 PM)

Yeah, I proabably would too. But thankfully, Kishimoto-sama wouldn't do that. After all this time, and after all of the maturing that Team 7 has done, Sakura knows much better. Especially after she tried and failed to stop him from leaving by being by his side in Konoha. She understands that Sasuke really isn't a noble or heroic guy, and she really had him all wrong.

My only problem, the fillers still paint a Sasuke obsessed girl. Although the missions Naruto and Sakura have together without Sasuke. She tends to put her worries on Naruto.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users