6 replies to this topic

#1 Mystic-G

Mystic-G

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:44 PM

I dunno if anyone knew this or has spoken of it before but I looked up Naru & Saku separately and these are the meanings that I found.

Naru ----- to become; to change; to be of use; to reach to; to bear fruit; to sound; to ring; to resound; to echo; to roar; to rumble;

Saku ----- to bloom; to cut up; to separate; to spare (e.g., time); to cleave; to sever; to divide; to cede; to alienate; a work; a harvest; plane; sharpen; whittle; pare; shave (leather); scrape off; crossout; reduce; curtail; last (year); yesterday; fence; paling

I in this case will use the ones most resembling the characters. "To Become" & "To Blossom". Very nice combination indeed. biggrin.gif
Let's break this down and put this into a phrase, shall we?

"To become a flower"
or
"To become a cluster of flowers"

Other Meanings

Naruto Meaning ----- "at" mark; maelstrom; steamed fish-paste cake, sliced to decorate soup (type of kamaboko)

Sakura Meaning ----- cherry blossom

Sasuke Meanings ----- Couldn't find any

Sasu Meanings ----- to raise (stretch out) hands; to raise umbrella; reef; sandbar; sandbank; to pierce; to stab; to prick; to thrust; to bite; to sting; to pin down; to stitch; to put (a runner) out; to pole (a boat); to catch (with a line); to stick; to shine; to strike; (there are more)

Well to me NaruSaku goes together so much better than SasuSaku. happy.gif

Definition Source

#2 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 12 April 2006 - 04:00 AM

Hey, nice find!

I find it interesting that Naruto's appears to revolve around change, Sakura's mainly contain hardwork and Sasuke's for inflicting pain.

#3 Guest_algernon81_*

Guest_algernon81_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2006 - 04:04 AM

Well, one thing's for certain: Kishi definitely chooses his character names VERY intentionally; every single one of them.

#4 Mystic-G

Mystic-G

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 11:48 AM

QUOTE (algernon81 @ Apr 12 2006, 12:04 AM)
Well, one thing's for certain: Kishi definitely chooses his character names VERY intentionally; every single one of them.

I realized that as well as I looket the meanings. I was pretty shocked because the names do seem to revolve around the character.

Hina ------ young bird; chick; (2) doll;

Hinata ----- sunny place; in the sun

NaruSaku works the bester than SasuSaku & NaruHina. The others don't really make sense unless "Stabing a Blossom" or "Becoming a Young Bird" goes better than "Becoming a Flower"

#5 supershikamaru

supershikamaru

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Anime and Manga i think im starting to get addicted to them. although naruto is favourite

Posted 12 April 2006 - 11:48 PM

Hey really good finds on those and an extremly good point. but i definitly agree with the narusaku sounding the best

#6 SirDragon13

SirDragon13

Science

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Interests:This needed serious updates.

Snowboarding
    Traveling
    Skateboarding
    Anything science
    Food. Love me some tacos.

Posted 13 April 2006 - 03:18 AM

Wow! I relaly never loked at this way before, you the word "narusaku"! Very good research Mystic-G, your one smart fella! I really never knew that "naru" had a "real" meaning..... i agree as well the "narusaku" defeniton sounds way better!
One Side:
And the Other

#7 Rachel

Rachel

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 05:50 PM

Oh how interesting! And, I have just been re-reading the whole manga, and Gaara refers to Naruto as a "maelstrom". Very cool. Kudos to you for finding all that out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users