54 replies to this topic

#41 DazeDreamer

DazeDreamer

Free Falling

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 09:41 PM

And yes, there is a LOT of canon fodder for SasuNaru, but as it's a shounen manga, that pairing ain't going to happen. NaruSaku is highly likely to happen, though, and that's why I back it (and because it makes a helluva lot more sense than either NaruHina or SasuSaku).

Ah yeah there is a lot of canon there! But even though I'm love both NaruSasu (WHAT?!) and NaruSaku, I know that NaruSasu will never happen. (I just like reading them!) So I'm pretty sure NaruSaku will be the pairing in the end.

Ugh, a whole gang of SasuSaku... not pretty...

Ack! try doing that and a whole bunch of NaruHina ppl.

Or both... I was nearly killed by those people. *shudders at the thought*

HEY dont worry i been killed 3 times by those ppl. ( gives them a evil look)

I got killed about 5 times by those ppl. (Thankfully my friend who was both NaruSaku and NaruHina helped me out) -twitches from the memory of the 'war'-

Meh I converted my friends into NaruSaku fans.
I only ask for you to notice me.

/l、
(゚、 。 7  ~Meow :3 (Hey there pretty little kitty.)
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

#42 Urazz

Urazz

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (gamerman_007 @ Apr 25 2006, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
about fillers, what if there was a filler with plenty of narusaku goodness? would you use it?

I wouldn't since the fillers suck. Unless the quality of the fillers rise and tend to stick close to what the manga is about then I would. The filler season right now just doesn't do that.
Urazz: Hey sis what's going on?
Urazz's Sister: I cut myself.
Urazz: Take it like a man even if your a woman.
Urazz's Sister: Ok!
*Urazz's Sister kicks Urazz in the groin.*
Urazz: $%^&*#
Urazz's Sister: I dunno. I'm sure it's much better to take it like a woman. That was evidence to support my theory.
*Urazz whimpers like a baby*

#43 MonkeysTotallyRock

MonkeysTotallyRock

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Eating... Sleeping... Thinking about monkeys...

Posted 18 August 2006 - 06:04 PM

i've never tried to convert... O_o hey, if they like it, go with the flow. ''^^

#44 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 18 August 2006 - 07:28 PM

Try to convert 100 people on a polish Anti-Sakura Forum. Believe me i tried heck i even converted 5-6 of them. but soon i left the forum

why? Because i was so crazy once when they were putting stupid, totaly idiotic arguments.

Like? Like that the whole filler arc was made by Kishimoto.So NH happening there must be true for the manga.
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#45 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (Urazz @ Aug 1 2006, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (gamerman_007 @ Apr 25 2006, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

about fillers, what if there was a filler with plenty of narusaku goodness? would you use it?

I wouldn't since the fillers suck. Unless the quality of the fillers rise and tend to stick close to what the manga is about then I would. The filler season right now just doesn't do that.

For me, regardless of quality and regardless of the presence of NaruSaku, what happens in the fillers is irrelevant until either (1) Kishimoto openly states otherwise or (2) he starts tieing them into the manga.

I don't have a lot of non-online friends who know about Naruto, let alone ones that are into enough toc care about this. In addition, I don't debate to convert. If it happens then all the better. Preferences are often rooted in personal feelings so conversion can be rather difficult at times. Thus, I'd expect that I would end up disappointed if that were my overridng goal.

#46 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 18 August 2006 - 11:56 PM

Unfortunately we cannot count those moments because they're fillers unless Kishi is going to connect them to the story there's no point of debating. That's why we have chapters like 296-8 to assist us in this situation.
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#47 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE (Naruto @ Apr 16 2006, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My biggest failed attempt was at an fairly big anime forum. There was a naruto fan club with a favorite pairings topic.

I left a reply with NaruSaku and a few good reasons why it should be. Couple hours later checked the topic. Their was like 30 differ post behind mine saying. "YOU BITE FOR LIKING NARUSAKU-NARUSASU RULEZ-SASUSAKU WAS MEANT TO BE-YOU WILL DIE IF YOU DON'T LIKE NARUHINA- AND- NARUKAKA IS DESTINY!

I just left a big :blink: And haven't visited in a few months.

This happened to me on Gaia about two years ago when I began to like the NaruSaku pairing. That's when I was so infuriated with Sasuke that I joined the anti-Sasuke guild. sweatdrop.gif
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#48 Silent Shinobi

Silent Shinobi

Tatsumaru of the Cloud

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 02:46 AM

QUOTE (puckreathof @ Apr 16 2006, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also do not understand the whole Naruguy thing. I understand when it's a friendship thing. Even a close friendship. (Some fics that do label NaruGaa or what have you, they're all about the friendship.) I have no problems with that, because they do have a great dynamic. As for Sasuke killing Naruto and the series becoming 'Sasuke' I call it the 'Zero Syndrome'. It has happened in other game,s but to date, Megaman is the first I recall in which it happened. Where another character, who one could even call a Mary Sue to some extent, shows up, is COOLER and much more fun to use by far than the main character, and more focus starts getting placed on him. It's ... INSANE! It happens in Castlevania too, where I would much rather play as Alucard in Symphony of the Night, and Zero in Megaman. There are other instances, but none come to mind right now.

My worse failure converting comes to discussing the dub, not NaruSaku. God did I get flamed for not liking it and stating my opinion. (Which I still hold, that the dub is of poor quality.) I'll admit I did not state myself well in the beginning, but even after I restated myself in a more reasonable and clear fashion, the reaction was only marginally improved. As for the NaruSaku conversions, they're usually so steeped in personal preference that I'll argue, but not really try to convert in any way. Ah well, such as it is.

Zero syndrome? WTF?! No. Not in this case. Naruto > Sasuke, and Sasuke isn't a cooler character, so this doesn't really fit. I mean, Zero is WAY better than X, unless it's a Megaman X game where X gets this Ultra cheesy armor (which is, like, most of them). Alucard is like one of the best Castlevania characters EVER. How does Sasuke fit into these ranks? I hardly find him a cooler character (I'll pass on the emo-angst, thanks) and he's NOT a better fighter either, contrary to popular belief.

Lol, that, and Naruto's not a Megaman, and he doesn't suffer the long standing Megaman syndrome that Capcom introduced with the series. Megaman syndrome - You have the main character (Megaman). Nearly EVERY enemy AND ally of this character will be UNDENIABLY hotter than him. (With the original, you got Protoman, Bass, most of the robot masters, etc. X, you got Zero, some would say Axl, etc. Megaman.exe, you got nearly EVERY Net Navi EVER.) Yet it'll still be Megaman who wins in the end.

But hey, I'm drifting off topic...

My worst failure was... umm... I dunno. Most of the time I only try to convert those who I feel I can. Combine with the fact that I try not to debate with stupid people who don't look at other P.O.V.s, and the fact that even if I don't succeed the first time it turns into a giant debate war until I win XD and I honestly can't say the last time I lost a debate, esp. concerning Naruto. Guess I'm just lucky, huh?

#49 narusakulover2468

narusakulover2468

Shikamaru is smexy man beast!

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Interests:Band<br />Clarinets<br />Friends<br />Reading<br />Drawing<br />Missing my Best friend<br />Zero BD

Posted 19 November 2006 - 09:29 PM

I have no trouble converting. Most of my friends are strong NaruSaku pairing lovers. I just showed some pictures and told about 10 reasons why they belong together. Even my friend who used to think NaruSaku was a nightmare has to admit that's her fall back pairing in case *ewwwwww* SakuSas doesn't work.

deviantART- narusakulover2468
Gaia- NejiHinaLover12
My Harem- Shikamaru Nara (Naruto) l Kōki Kariya (The World Ends With You) l Karou and Hikaru (Ouran Host Club) l Edward Elric (F.M.A) l Kyo Sohma (Fruit Basket) l Hiro-chan Sohma (Fruit Basket) l Sohma Kisa (Fruit Basket) l Oliver Riggs (Amazing Agent Luna) l Kai (Blood+) l Kakeru Manabe (Fruits Basket)l Romeo (RomeoxJuliet) l Juliet (RomeoxJuliet) l Tybalt (RomeoxJuliet) l Ed (Cowboy Bebop)

#50 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 19 November 2006 - 11:28 PM

I would never convert someone that likes a certain pairing because that will lead to huge debates of which pairing is going to be canon and more embarassing things. If they like the pairing, that's their opinion. So we cannot convert all of these Naruto fans who support a certain pairing to another.

I began to like NaruSaku when I read the manga (part 2 first and then part 1 later from beginning to end) and watch the anime more months before. So I was not converted, I support the pairing from the start.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#51 Guest_jtl889_*

Guest_jtl889_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2006 - 01:46 AM

I have no trouble converting. Most of my friends are strong NaruSaku pairing lovers.

*sigh* how i envy you, most of my friends seem to be willing to die to fight this pairing for some odd reason

#52 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 28 November 2006 - 02:06 AM

Converting people are hard if they're close minded. The only thing you can do is just stick around and patiently answer all the questions and arguments they throw at you. Eventually they'll get defeated and walk away with a hurt pride biggrin.gif.

I've never tried converting, let alone argue with people over a pairing. Though it's mostly because I have no time really, and I kind of have a short temper at times.

Still, if things get hot, don't sweat it, they're not going to hunt you down and kill you in your sleep if you keep arguing with them. Pride is a major obstacle when converting someone.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#53 Lucienne

Lucienne

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:21 AM

I tried converting...once. Never did it again...though most of my friends are always and forever NaruSaku fans! a_dance.gif

#54 SilverLily

SilverLily

ANBU Wannabe

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Interests:Art, drawing, writing, reading, sleeping, cooking, Naruto, eating.

Posted 28 November 2006 - 03:57 PM

What I don't understand is why so many people get ANGRY at the thought of someone liking another pairing. What should they care, anyway? I may abhore the idea of Naruto being gay, but it's not like I'm against gay pairings in general.
Anyone ever seen Yugioh, the first one? Yuugi and Yami? Totally gay, even though the creator would probably never admit to it. It was so painfully obvious.
Naruto? Not at all. But I'm not going to bash anyone who wants to fantasize otherwise.
As for converting anyone, everyone I know already believes that Naruto and Sakura will end up together, except for one, but that's just because she identifies with Hinata so much. Can't beat that much, now can I? smile.gif

#55 Guest_jtl889_*

Guest_jtl889_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2006 - 08:58 PM

As for converting anyone, everyone I know already believes that Naruto and Sakura will end up together

that's good to hear
a lot of people i know just choose to ignore logic and will fight that logic to the death. it gets really annoying hearing about it too since they happen to bring it up a lot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users