Photo

Your greatest failure at converting

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_algernon81_*

Guest_algernon81_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2006 - 10:23 PM

I'd like it, but I'd be very wary of using it in a debate.

#22 gamerman_007

gamerman_007

Shodaime Smexkage

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Females, Internet/computers B(o)(o)bs.

Posted 26 April 2006 - 10:55 PM

but what if that filler develops/answers some questions, unlike the current fillers which have nothing to do with the timeline at all?

Bunny: Sasuke, join me.
Sasuke: What will I receive if I join you?
Bunny: POWER! UNLIMITED POWER!
Sasuke: Sweet! what do I do?
Orochimaru: Sssssssssssssaaaaaaasssssssssukkkkkkeeeeeee-kkkuuuuuunnnn!
Sasuke: oh f***

Sono nantomo ienai sekushii na oshiri wo ore no kokan ni okittensukete rizumu ni awasete kosurinasai = Back that ass up. :D

#23 MonkeysTotallyRock

MonkeysTotallyRock

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Eating... Sleeping... Thinking about monkeys...

Posted 26 April 2006 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (MBKon @ Feb 25 2006, 10:04 AM)
My worst failure was at a fanfic. It had some hints of NaruSaku, even if he put that he hated her.

This was how it happened.

Author: Naruto + ?w?h?o?

Me and 20 other NarSak suporters:  Sakura!

Random noob: ANKO!!11

120 others: Either ANKO!!11 or NaruKure Rules! Or NARUSASU!!!!222

I sent a mail to the author and a pm too and guess the reply.

Author: Sorry, i think that NaruSaku Reeks, it shouldnt even be there!

I was all like wacko.gif  and tried to talk some sense into him and guess what then.

Author: Stop it! Only Iruka deserves him!

Marcus went crazy and flamed the story all over. Even today you hear the yelling and the screaming for help.

Marcus:  :shamefulcry0js:  that  guy was crazy! Iruka and NARUTO!

Marko: There, there...

I failed miserably  :shamefulcry0js: , but not anymore a_plotting.gif NaruIru suporters:  a_smashy.gif  a_smashy.gif  a_smashy.gif

i've never tried to convert...

#24 Guest_algernon81_*

Guest_algernon81_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2006 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (gamerman_007 @ Apr 26 2006, 05:55 PM)
but what if that filler develops/answers some questions, unlike the current fillers which have nothing to do with the timeline at all?

I dunno, I think you're giving the filler too much credit. I've come to doubt they will ever do anything particularly insightful during these filler arcs, even if they are allowed to (I'm not sure about that either).

But in the event that some relationship-defining moment does come to pass in a filler ep, I still probably wouldn't use it as debating material unless I was sure that the anime would not likely follow the manga again (as some have pessimistically speculated).

#25 gamerman_007

gamerman_007

Shodaime Smexkage

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Females, Internet/computers B(o)(o)bs.

Posted 26 April 2006 - 11:49 PM

hmmmm.....
an example filler would be the one right after the VoTE battle, the orochimaru's lair arc.

Bunny: Sasuke, join me.
Sasuke: What will I receive if I join you?
Bunny: POWER! UNLIMITED POWER!
Sasuke: Sweet! what do I do?
Orochimaru: Sssssssssssssaaaaaaasssssssssukkkkkkeeeeeee-kkkuuuuuunnnn!
Sasuke: oh f***

Sono nantomo ienai sekushii na oshiri wo ore no kokan ni okittensukete rizumu ni awasete kosurinasai = Back that ass up. :D

#26 Shouri no Hana

Shouri no Hana

Call to Arms. Flames of WAR blaze once again

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 11:29 PM

I've never tried to convert NaruSaku but I've tried it with the dubs to subs and getting game terms right. You know how hard it is to get a name of a character right if they keep changing it every f-ing game?

I have one friend who is all out KakaSaku...I left it at that...and she has a NaruSasu sticker on her laptop and she HATES Sasuke (she wants him to die)

Um...I'm no good at debates so I just rant...

#27 Annethy

Annethy

CURSE YOU VLADCARD

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:whatever i wanna be interested in!

Posted 14 May 2006 - 12:47 AM

i converted my best best friend from sasusaku (that was before she was my friend)

#28 Danni

Danni

..life..hard

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE (MBKon @ Feb 25 2006, 06:04 PM)
My worst failure was at a fanfic. It had some hints of NaruSaku, even if he put that he hated her.

I was all like wacko.gif  and tried to talk some sense into him and guess what then.

Marcus went crazy and flamed the story all over. Even today you hear the yelling and the screaming for help.

Marcus:  :shamefulcry0js:  that  guy was crazy! Iruka and NARUTO!

I failed miserably  :shamefulcry0js: , but not anymore a_plotting.gif NaruIru suporters:  a_smashy.gif  a_smashy.gif  a_smashy.gif

i feel so sorry for you

I be there in 2 months YAAY!

#29 DazeDreamer

DazeDreamer

Free Falling

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 12:12 PM

I was all like  and tried to talk some sense into him and guess what then.

Marcus:    that  guy was crazy! Iruka and NARUTO!

I failed miserably  , but not anymore  NaruIru suporters:     

Don't worry you're not the onlt one in that department. I read this fanfic called Carnage and we had to vote for the pairing. Here's how it went:

Me+NaruSaku fans: GO NARUSAKU! a_dance.gif -we were in the lead-

Then

NaruKure fans: YEAH NARUKURE! a_dance.gif smile.gif -there're in the lead now-

Next

NaruTema fans: WOOT! w00t.gif -in the lead-

After that

NAruIno fans: OVER HERE! mad.gif .... laugh.gif a_dance.gif -in the lead-

In the end

NaruIno and NaruKure fans: Alright! YEAH! -they won-

-----
:shamefulcry0js: Voting is the worst. Although I do make my reviewers vote but only for HinaKiba or HinaSasu. Although I hope HinaKiba wins.
I only ask for you to notice me.

/l、
(゚、 。 7  ~Meow :3 (Hey there pretty little kitty.)
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

#30 Edge

Edge

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 02:46 AM

yeah sometimes I wonder how guys should act in manga and anime to be normal friends without some weird people make them gay with teh hintssssss .. heh -what hints ?

well as for the debate thing, I don't think it's that diffuclt to build it neatly but .... :shamefulcry0js: too troublesome and I am too lazy to write long strcutured topic or reply

#31 Lord Roy

Lord Roy

Seiyuu

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Anime

Posted 05 June 2006 - 03:07 AM

Oh, that's easy, I'm not fully converted yet! I still have some NaruHina on me (doesn't help that I like Hinata, but not as much as Kiba, but not as much as Naruto).

#32 Edge

Edge

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 03:38 AM

oh I used to like Hinata (and still do she is one of my favourite characters) but I mean in the pairing with natuto because at the begin sakura was annoying and shallow - nothing special above the other girls in the school who are crazy over teh sau-h-skee so why to give her preference over them? on he other hand .. well Hinata is just adorable - too bad she got left out of the story for a long time.

It's different story with Sakura in the second part of naruto, how her personality developed to the mature Sakura and the feeling around her and Naruto was what got me back to the series after about one year (I was following the anime only at the time)

#33 surlymoogle

surlymoogle

DEUCES

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 03:56 AM

QUOTE (Edge @ Jun 4 2006, 07:46 PM)
yeah sometimes I wonder how guys should act in manga and anime to be normal friends without some weird people make them gay with teh hintssssss .. heh -what hints ?

As long as any fandom exists, there will be "weird people" (like myself tongue.gif ) who go for the slash pairings. It's as inevitable as the tide. My suggestion: either roll with it or ignore it.

And yes, there is a LOT of canon fodder for SasuNaru, but as it's a shounen manga, that pairing ain't going to happen. NaruSaku is highly likely to happen, though, and that's why I back it (and because it makes a helluva lot more sense than either NaruHina or SasuSaku).

Uh, converting? I haven't actively tried to convert anyone. I do enjoy baiting the NaruHinatards, though. Like shooting fish in a barrel. Good times.

#34 Edge

Edge

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 12:20 AM

nah I don't give a damn about it .. it's just another form of Mary Sue, a god-like one

If there's something annoy me about it, it's the acts of some of its fans - for example, the other day there was some article about some manga compition in some news website, there was many comments about how good it's .. etc - then one kind soul out of the blue leaves a comment *yaoi rules* ................. dry.gif

now, yaoi is not the most weird thing in the world, there are other things far more diturbing .. but if somebody into it, he shouldn't blague others senses with it, or start with the homophobic argument, because frankly this is quite lame argument and against him ultimately - this is my take on the thing

as for the canon fodder .. heh who knows ? I wouldn't start arguing about this, since even otherwise .. that won't stop them now would it ?

seriously, I don't care about it ... whatever they do in their fiction, even if they made the kakashi as naruto mother smile.gif j/k

#35 Danni

Danni

..life..hard

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 04:41 AM

I hear that name alot around what,who is mary-sue i dont remember that name. Is she in the naruto series?

#36 surlymoogle

surlymoogle

DEUCES

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 04:50 AM

QUOTE (TennisWeird @ Jun 5 2006, 09:41 PM)
I hear that name alot around what,who is mary-sue i dont remember that name. Is she in the naruto series?

Loaded question, dude. But start here for an explanation. (Ah Wikipedia, is there any question you can't answer?)

nah I don't give a damn about it .. it's just another form of Mary Sue, a god-like one

Uh...okay. Not sure what Mary Sues have to do with yaoi in the least, but whatever.

but if somebody into it, he shouldn't blague others senses with it, or start with the homophobic argument, because frankly this is quite lame argument and against him ultimately

People trot out the homophobia lecture as a knee-jerk defensive reaction to the anti-yaoi people screaming "EEEWWW GAYS THAT'S SO SICK AND WRONG!" every time the topic comes up. Which at least one person will always do without fail.

I agree that the hardcore yaoi fanbase can be overzealous at times, but the derogatory speech that gets fired back is equally tiresome and uncalled for.

And don't worry mods, that's all I have to say on the subject.

#37 Edge

Edge

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 10:04 PM

well a "godlike" "Mary Sue" ?
you know, like watching from above or hidden somewhere, like all Mary Sue characteristics regarding other characters and the flow of the story ... like how they pack characters purely to eventually fulfill their fantasies ... it's not so hard to grasp I think ..

well about some people reactions.. I dunno, it seems just normal people "knee-jerk" shock reaction .. well maybe more than that, but definitely it's different from reaction to gays or being gay ..

people react to hentai (even the more 'clean' ones) with 'dirty' and 'sick', but still ... it's a normal reaction ... nobody make it emergency, actually hentai fans may boast about receving such labels ..

so I think making yaoi as all holy, expecting nobody will say any bad thing about it, and reacting like it's some kind of national insult, is a bit excessive

well anyway, I understand your point about the commotions that happen about yaoi from time to time, mostly it's because it's relatively new to some... people will learn to ignore it and with time nobody will care for it or give it credit outside its fans ... just like Mary Sues and such stuff

oh gawd I actually wrote this much smile.gif

nah I don't think the mods will have to do anything .. because I think (hope sweatdrop.gif ) it's within the friendly opinion-expression limits :thumbs:

#38 Tsunade

Tsunade

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts
  • Interests:People.

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE (Jameshawking @ Feb 27 2006, 11:54 AM)
QUOTE (Quixotic Novice @ Feb 26 2006, 01:36 PM)
Ugh, a whole gang of SasuSaku... not pretty...

Ack! try doing that and a whole bunch of NaruHina ppl.

Or both... I was nearly killed by those people. *shudders at the thought*
Tsu.gif

#39 Danni

Danni

..life..hard

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (Tsunade @ Jun 7 2006, 02:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Jameshawking @ Feb 27 2006, 11:54 AM)
QUOTE (Quixotic Novice @ Feb 26 2006, 01:36 PM)
Ugh, a whole gang of SasuSaku... not pretty...

Ack! try doing that and a whole bunch of NaruHina ppl.

Or both... I was nearly killed by those people. *shudders at the thought*

HEY dont worry i been killed 3 times by those ppl. ( gives them a evil look)
Not this time.

#40 E.Glez-L

E.Glez-L

はえ...

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, and the couple Naru/Saku.

Posted 07 July 2006 - 12:02 AM

Well, I've never really converted anyone so there's no failure... though my cousin is a Sasu/Saku fan, but then she doesn't like Sakura. Either way, I don't think I'll try to anyways, too afraid of being attacked.

:hides:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users