#61 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE (Dreamer @ Dec 21 2011, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Has this been confirmed by an official Nintendo source, or just patched together from random interviews given over the years? If it's real, I can't say I really like the idea to release it. It's just an unnecessary complication for a great series of games, considering how every Zelda game from here on out is going to have to adhere to it to some extent. I've always thought part of the appeal was in treating each game as its own universe, despite taking place in the same kingdom and featuring the same villain for the most part.

Anyways, assuming the timeline is legit, I guess I can sort of wrap my mind around it. I was aware of the time split after OOT, with how time would have kept progressing in both past and present Hyrule, but I don't really understand the timeline that branches off to begin with A Link to the Past. In that timeline, Link failed? That's sort of a weird idea. Hyrule seems to be at relative peace before Agahnim shows up in that game, so I don't really understand how Ganon would have gotten himself sealed in the Dark Realm at the beginning of ALTTP. Did he go in to get a snack, only to lock himself inside? confused.gif

The only other problem I have with it is how Four Swords Adventures seems to be the last in its own timeline. When was this confirmed? I'm almost positive the intro to that game confirmed that the hero in FSA was the same as FS. Argh, this is confusing, I'm just gonna take it with a grain of salt. I wonder if even Miyamoto himself understands the timeline of the series. tongue.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 23 December 2011 - 01:33 AM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#62 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:53 AM

Hyrule Historia Timeline Details Spilled, Everything You Need to Know about the Third Branch

Edited by Dreamer, 23 December 2011 - 02:58 AM.

#63 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (Dreamer @ Dec 15 2011, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is that being released in America? woot.gif

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#64 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 25 December 2011 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Dec 26 2011, 02:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is that being released in America? woot.gif

Well there's no mentions that it will be released outside of Japan so at the moment I doubt it. Would be cool if they did though.

JA2DBzd.png

#65 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:27 PM

Hyrule Historia Timeline 100% Confirmed and Translated
Full Visual Translation of Chart --Click here to view--

#66 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (Dreamer @ Dec 27 2011, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh thank you! Interesting to know! happy.gif

Anyone collect all the heart pieces yet?

Edited by Phantom_999, 28 December 2011 - 11:00 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#67 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:19 AM

QUOTE (Dreamer @ Dec 28 2011, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

FDJGDGKHFHD what.

"The Hero is Defeated"? I bet Nintendo included that part of the timeline as an excuse to throw all the classic games in. Other than that, I pretty much agree with the whole "split timeline theory" that everyone's been going on about for ages now. [Although Nintendo pretty much were the ones who made it up in the first place...]

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Dec 29 2011, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone collect all the heart pieces yet?

Nope I've still got about fifty million to go.

Anyways, calling all players who have completed the main quest!

After completing Skyview Temple, meet Batreaux to start your Gratitude quest. Collect up to at least 30 Gratitude Crystals and show them to Batreaux and obtain the Cursed Medal. Now, here's the fun part. From there you have to beat the game while holding the Cursed Medal the whole way through... on Hero Mode.

Challenge? ohboy.png

Edited by Rocket, 29 December 2011 - 02:37 AM.

JA2DBzd.png

#68 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:34 AM

*Makes epic return to H & E*

*sound of crickets chirping*

Well, I've been gone for about a week (I went to my parents' house for Holiday break, and they're pretty behind-the-times as far as internet goes), and I couldn't help but return to this thread, now that I finally own the game. I could really go on for a while about this game, but I'll try to be brief, since my inner Zelda demon is trying to get me to play again. tongue.gif

This is most definitely one of the greatest video games I have ever played. I know I have a bad habit of over-glorifying games I'm in the process of playing sometimes, but Skyward Sword has been nothing but incredible for me so far. Everything from the gameplay to the world map to the random NPC's seems to suit me perfectly. Wind Waker was probably my favorite Zelda game prior to this one (I loved OOT, but the toon style really appealed to me more for some reason), and I love that they chose to use themes and characters from the Zelda Tooniverse. I LOL'd at the realistic-ish Beetle and the shrimpy dad in the potion shop.

To be honest, my initial impression was that this game was some of sort of fusion of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. I can still see that, but it still stands alone as one of the greatest Zelda games, no, greatest video games I have ever played. I was in the process of playing Skyrim when I got this game, and I really don't see myself turning on the Xbox for a while. tongue.gif I'll post my rating on the "Rate your Game" thread later, but I really doubt my score will be lower than a 10/10.

Oh, and the shipping. Oh man, the shipping. The shipping...oh man. I wish I could have told myself a week ago how much of a vehement Zelink shipper I would be a week in the future. There was SO MUCH FLUFF in the first three/four hours of the game. Seriously, I think I just found my new OTP. happy.gif

QUOTE (Rocket @ Dec 28 2011, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FDJGDGKHFHD what.

"The Hero is Defeated"? I bet Nintendo included that part of the timeline as an excuse to throw all the classic games in. Other than that, I pretty much agree with the whole "split timeline theory" that everyone's been going on about for ages now. [Although Nintendo pretty much were the ones who made it up in the first place...]

LOL, I thought the same thing. The first four games didn't fit into the chronology all that well, so it seems sort of forced in my opinion. Like Nintendo or whoever else just wanted to give fans a gift for the 25th Anniversary, so they threw this thing together.

Oh, and I mentioned it earlier, but I was confused about Four Sword's Adventures' placement in the timeline. For some reason, I always assumed that game was a direct sequel to Four Swords. I just watched the intro again, and I see now that it could also function as a distant sequel, but I have to wonder if that was the original intention. *shrug* Personally, I think I'm going to keep treating each game as its own universe. I think I'd rather do that than fret over an over-complicated timeline.

Woo, looks like I wrote more than I thought I would. Back to Skyward Sword! wow.png

Edited by Boom...Winning, 31 December 2011 - 02:43 AM.

#69 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:44 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Dec 31 2011, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*Makes epic return to H & E*

*sound of crickets chirping*

/SSBB rendition of Zelda theme plays

a_thumbs.gif

Oh, and the shipping. Oh man, the shipping. The shipping...oh man. I wish I could have told myself a week ago how much of a vehement Zelink shipper I would be a week in the future. There was SO MUCH FLUFF in the first three/four hours of the game. Seriously, I think I just found my new OTP. happy.gif

So you mean to say... you've never been a Zelink shipper until now? arg.gif

Aside from Spirit Tracks, I can't believe it's only now that non-shippers [excluding the fans who refuse to ship] see the significance of Link and Zelda's relationship throughout the series. Then again it's kind of understandable since the hints and all are at the beginning of the game, and the hints are also straight out obvious unlike most of the previous installments where it's generally more difficult to pick up. Plus given that Skyward Sword is the first game to take place in the chronology it's most likely that it was intended for the two to be childhood friends and whatnot, so then later they can start off the legend by... you know. pictureem0.gif

But I'm actually being serious there, because if I wasn't, then that makes me wonder how Link and Zelda have their own descendants in the games that take place later on.
MAJOR ENDGAME SPOILERS --Click here to view--
Besides the fact that Demise says that Link and Zelda will have descendants/bloodlines that will be a part of his endless hatred. /cue Ganondorf-esque dynamic entry

Oh, and I mentioned it earlier, but I was confused about Four Sword's Adventures' placement in the timeline. For some reason, I always assumed that game was a direct sequel to Four Swords. I just watched the intro again, and I see now that it could also function as a distant sequel, but I have to wonder if that was the original intention. *shrug* Personally, I think I'm going to keep treating each game as its own universe. I think I'd rather do that than fret over an over-complicated timeline.

So it's possible that FSA isn't a direct sequel to FS? huh.gif now this timeline really doesn't make sense.

Woo, looks like I wrote more than I thought I would. Back to Skyward Sword! wow.png

Enjoy! th_glomp.gif

http://images.wikia.com/zelda/images/6/63/Hero

"Go and do not falter, my child!"

JA2DBzd.png

#70 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:55 AM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Dec 30 2011, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So you mean to say... you've never been a Zelink shipper until now? arg.gif

Aside from Spirit Tracks, I can't believe it's only now that non-shippers [excluding the fans who refuse to ship] see the significance of Link and Zelda's relationship throughout the series. Then again it's kind of understandable since the hints and all are at the beginning of the game, and the hints are also straight out obvious unlike most of the previous installments where it's generally more difficult to pick up. Plus given that Skyward Sword is the first game to take place in the chronology it's most likely that it was intended for the two to be childhood friends and whatnot, so then later they can start off the legend by... you know. pictureem0.gif

LOL, yeah I admit, I don't really tend to ship unless the evidence is pretty much thrown right at my face. I might like the character dynamic, but I have a tough time getting behind a pairing if there's doubt in my mind over whether or not it'll be connected to the story. It's kind of embarrasing, but I didn't even call myself a Naru/Saku shipper until chapter 450. I guess maybe that makes me a bandwagon shipper. sweat.gif

But, I guess if I had to pick a pairing in the previous titles, I would probably pick Zelink most of the time, with the exception of titles where Zelda doesn't play a very big role, like Link's Awakening, Majora's Mask, and Twilight Princess. I guess, when I think on it, I probably didn't care as much in the pre-OOT titles, due to how little development there was (most of the time it was just "hero saves princess"), or, in the post-OOT titles, I just didn't feel right shipping them due to how young they were. I suppose it's hard to tell with the Oracle games, but the way the Toon Link series was drawn, I felt like I would be shipping children together. I guess OOT and Spirit Tracks were the only real ones before this where I would really call myself a shipper of the two, and even then it was pretty minor, considering some of my earlier reasons.

But, I suppose most of my reasoning is centered around each game being its own story, more or less, and treating each Zelink relationship as a new ship. If I think on the couple as being a love story repeated throughout the generations, it definitely takes on a new appeal for me. happy.gif

But I'm actually being serious there, because if I wasn't, then that makes me wonder how Link and Zelda have their own descendants in the games that take place later on.
MAJOR ENDGAME SPOILERS --Click here to view--
Besides the fact that Demise says that Link and Zelda will have descendants/bloodlines that will be a part of his endless hatred. /cue Ganondorf-esque dynamic entry

LOL, that thought's crossed my mind before. I guess it makes the most sense to imagine that all the Zeldas are related through the royal family, but the hero isn't related to previous heroes. Otherwise, it seems like there would be quite a bit of incest going on in Hyrule throughout the ages. argh1.png

Enjoy! th_glomp.gif

Thanks! happy.gif

And I like your new sig, Rocket! I just beat the Earth Temple a few hours ago. Argh! Why must sad Zelink reunion be sad? shamefulcry0js.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 31 December 2011 - 05:59 AM.

#71 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 07:16 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Dec 31 2011, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL, yeah I admit, I don't really tend to ship unless the evidence is pretty much thrown right at my face. I might like the character dynamic, but I have a tough time getting behind a pairing if there's doubt in my mind over whether or not it'll be connected to the story. It's kind of embarrasing, but I didn't even call myself a Naru/Saku shipper until chapter 450. I guess maybe that makes me a bandwagon shipper. sweat.gif

So now you're going to join the Zelink bandwagon? wow.png

"This news has just filled my heart with rainbows!"
And in that case... I shall extend to you a warm welcome to the Zelink bandwagon, Sir Boom. emoticon_monocle.gif happy.gif

But, I guess if I had to pick a pairing in the previous titles, I would probably pick Zelink most of the time, with the exception of titles where Zelda doesn't play a very big role, like Link's Awakening, Majora's Mask, and Twilight Princess. I guess, when I think on it, I probably didn't care as much in the pre-OOT titles, due to how little development there was (most of the time it was just "hero saves princess"), or, in the post-OOT titles, I just didn't feel right shipping them due to how young they were. I suppose it's hard to tell with the Oracle games, but the way the Toon Link series was drawn, I felt like I would be shipping children together. I guess OOT and Spirit Tracks were the only real ones before this where I would really call myself a shipper of the two, and even then it was pretty minor, considering some of my earlier reasons.

But, I suppose most of my reasoning is centered around each game being its own story, more or less, and treating each Zelink relationship as a new ship. If I think on the couple as being a love story repeated throughout the generations, it definitely takes on a new appeal for me. happy.gif

I agree. Before SS and some of the other games that came about just a few years ago, it was basically "Save the princess, Zelda is your sisterdestiny", and that was the reason Link was given the task to save Zelda. That reason and that reason only. And the reward is... oh, a kiss, a thank you and some cake. Actually I'm just kidding, that only applies to the Mario games. And speaking of Mario, the Mario series doesn't have a timeline right? If it does, I'm definitely assuming that in every game it's the same Mario saving the same Peach while confronting the same Bowser. I wish the Zelda series was like that, it would make the timeline and shipping less complicated.

Yeah, the whole Hero X Princess thing is pretty cliché but it's everywhere, so most people generally go with the flow. The thing is, because there are multiple Links and Zeldas in the series, as opposed to the one hero and princess in every adventure [remember the Single Link Theory?], it does indeed make every Zelink relationship different to another. To me, that's what makes their relationship a different kind of cliché, and that's what I love about Zelink.

Anyways, I hope I made sense. I most likely didn't but whatever XD

LOL, that thought's crossed my mind before. I guess it makes the most sense to imagine that all the Zeldas are related through the royal family, but the hero isn't related to previous heroes. Otherwise, it seems like there would be quite a bit of incest going on in Hyrule throughout the ages. argh1.png

While I agree with all the Links being unrelated, I can't help but think that TP Link could possibly be a descendant of OoT Link.

I can't really wrap my head around it, but here's a pretty good theory about OoT Link being the Hero's Shade in TP.

It's from Zeldapedia by the way. So while it comes from a place where people can write whatever they want, this theory is actually pretty reasonable. But the crappy thing is there's no official confirmation... Damn hm.png

Thanks! happy.gif

And I like your new sig, Rocket! I just beat the Earth Temple a few hours ago. Argh! Why must sad Zelink reunion be sad? shamefulcry0js.gif

You're welcome, thanks, and congratulations! laugh.gif

And as for the sad Zelink reunion being sad... it's Nintendo. Nintendo. They know their stuff. I have to say, this is the first Zelda game [and the first video game in general] that's made me cry... ever. Let alone more than once. Yes, it's that sad. Wait until later in the game, it only gets sadder.

Also, I'd like to say that the words Impa gave to Link, although harsh, were the most impactful words in the game.

Edited by Rocket, 31 December 2011 - 09:54 AM.

JA2DBzd.png

#72 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Dec 31 2011, 01:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So now you're going to join the Zelink bandwagon? wow.png

"This news has just filled my heart with rainbows!"
And in that case... I shall extend to you a warm welcome to the Zelink bandwagon, Sir Boom. emoticon_monocle.gif happy.gif

I am honored to have your warm welcome, Rocket-senpai. sleep.gif

I agree. Before SS and some of the other games that came about just a few years ago, it was basically "Save the princess, Zelda is your sisterdestiny", and that was the reason Link was given the task to save Zelda. That reason and that reason only. And the reward is... oh, a kiss, a thank you and some cake. Actually I'm just kidding, that only applies to the Mario games. And speaking of Mario, the Mario series doesn't have a timeline right? If it does, I'm definitely assuming that in every game it's the same Mario saving the same Peach while confronting the same Bowser. I wish the Zelda series was like that, it would make the timeline and shipping less complicated.

Yeah, the whole Hero X Princess thing is pretty cliché but it's everywhere, so most people generally go with the flow. The thing is, because there are multiple Links and Zeldas in the series, as opposed to the one hero and princess in every adventure [remember the Single Link Theory?], it does indeed make every Zelink relationship different to another. To me, that's what makes their relationship a different kind of cliché, and that's what I love about Zelink.

Anyways, I hope I made sense. I most likely didn't but whatever XD

No, that definitely makes sense. To be honest, I feel like a lot of the post-OOT games (and OOT itself I guess) were intentionally left open-ended. Almost as if the games were inviting players to reach their own conclusions. So I don't think anyone's really wrong as far as Zelink shipping goes. I sort of thought that Twilight Princess and Link's Awakening (more so in DX) were hinting at other potential love interests, but neither really amounted to anything definitive, at least IMO.

And the Single Link Theory? Man, that would definitely make things simpler. tongue.gif
Of course, that would mean that every game would have to explain why Link's suddenly a newbie at the beginning of every story. They could potentially use the same plot device as the Metroid series, in which every game has the same protagonist, but she just happens to lose all her items for one reason or another due to some random event. It can be done well, but there are so many Zelda games it might just get tiresome after all. I still think Samus should get a suit upgrade that would prevent her from losing all her suit upgrades. tongue.gif

While I agree with all the Links being unrelated, I can't help but think that TP Link could possibly be a descendant of OoT Link.

I can't really wrap my head around it, but here's a pretty good theory about OoT Link being the Hero's Shade in TP.

It's from Zeldapedia by the way. So while it comes from a place where people can write whatever they want, this theory is actually pretty reasonable. But the crappy thing is there's no official confirmation... Damn hm.png

Wow, I didn't know there was actually a fan theory about that. I remember my first time playing TP, the thought crossed my mind that the Hero's Shade might have been the Hero of Time. Plus, with the new timeline confirming that Twilight Princess takes place in the "Child Link" continuity (after Majora's Mask), it could possibly ring true, considering that the Hero of Time's spirit would have most likely stayed in that timeline.
Plus, if the Hero of Time were to end up with Zelda, and he was indeed related to TP Link (Hero of Twilight? I can't remember if he ever got his own title), then that might explain why they shied away from Zelink in Twilight Princess. That's just my random idea though. tongue.gif

Of course, the anti-incest argument might be sort of irrelevant, due to the medieval theme. I guess it's more sort of my tendency to be uncomfortable with those sorts of ships that make me push the "No Link is related theory". I remember thinking that Tetra/Link was sort of implied in WW/PH, only to find Tetra's granddaughter getting some cute scenes in Spirit Tracks with a guy who looks just her supposed grandfather. So I guess I like to assume that the identical-looking heroes aren't related, just to makes things simpler.

But, I suppose the most likely scenario is that I'm just over-thinking it. Like usual. sweat.gif

You're welcome, thanks, and congratulations! laugh.gif

And as for the sad Zelink reunion being sad... it's Nintendo. Nintendo. They know their stuff. I have to say, this is the first Zelda game [and the first video game in general] that's made me cry... ever. Let alone more than once. Yes, it's that sad. Wait until later in the game, it only gets sadder.

Also, I'd like to say that the words Impa gave to Link, although harsh, were the most impactful words in the game.

Yeah, I agree. Nintendo definitely knows what they're doing with these games. I've heard how development for this game began before Twilight Princess was even released, and it's definitely shown through so far. That scene at the Earth Spring was so well done; I haven't played a video game that drew me in emotionally like that in a long time. Even though Link never talks, and the Zelda series shies away from profanities, you can definitely read the single expletive running though Link's mind after Impa's lecture. The story almost feels like manga-quality, which is amazing, considering how simple the classic Zelda plots were.

And more sad scenes? Well, thanks for the warning, I'll brace myself. I hope it's not too sad. I can handle plenty of "Hero fails, but vows to get stronger" moments, but I might go on a rampage if Zelda or Link died and/or Zelda hooked up with Groose. argh1.png

Edited by Boom...Winning, 31 December 2011 - 06:33 PM.

#73 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:02 PM

I just love how active I am on this thread. I've probably spammed the damn thing... poor Skyward Sword thread sad.gif

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Jan 1 2012, 05:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, that definitely makes sense. To be honest, I feel like a lot of the post-OOT games (and OOT itself I guess) were intentionally left open-ended. Almost as if the games were inviting players to reach their own conclusions. So I don't think anyone's really wrong as far as Zelink shipping goes. I sort of thought that Twilight Princess and Link's Awakening (more so in DX) were hinting at other potential love interests, but neither really amounted to anything definitive, at least IMO.

Oh that's good then. laugh.gif

To be honest I'm starting to get fed up with Nintendo teasing us by giving hints of Zelink at the start or in the middle of the game, then all of a sudden give us little to nothing in the end. Apparently Aonuma said that he was afraid of adding too many hints of romance in SS because it might turn into a story of romance rather than a story about how the "legend" began. And then he went on about how some of the scenes in that game [like the end and probably some other games] are left up to the player's interpretation. I'm really getting tired of that, I'd like Nintendo for once to actually throw obvious hints into our faces without the whole "player's interpretation" thing. confused.gif

And the Single Link Theory? Man, that would definitely make things simpler. tongue.gif
Of course, that would mean that every game would have to explain why Link's suddenly a newbie at the beginning of every story. They could potentially use the same plot device as the Metroid series, in which every game has the same protagonist, but she just happens to lose all her items for one reason or another due to some random event.

LOL maybe that could be the case if all Links were one and the same.

But you're right about the whole "Link becomes a noob at the start of his adventures" thing. That's why having multiple Links makes more sense when it comes to this kind of issue. Now, if only there wasn't a split timeline...

Yeah, I agree. Nintendo definitely knows what they're doing with these games. I've heard how development for this game began before Twilight Princess was even released, and it's definitely shown through so far. That scene at the Earth Spring was so well done; I haven't played a video game that drew me in emotionally like that in a long time. Even though Link never talks, and the Zelda series shies away from profanities, you can definitely read the single expletive running though Link's mind after Impa's lecture. The story almost feels like manga-quality, which is amazing, considering how simple the classic Zelda plots were.

And more sad scenes? Well, thanks for the warning, I'll brace myself. I hope it's not too sad. I can handle plenty of "Hero fails, but vows to get stronger" moments, but I might go on a rampage if Zelda or Link died and/or Zelda hooked up with Groose. argh1.png

When I was watching the cutscenes, the characters were so... expressive. For example, I've never actually seen Link show so much emotion in any other Zelda game as he does in SS, aside from graphic limitations in the older games and whatnot. But even in a game like Twilight Princess Link either looked like he was trying too hard to show emotion or, for most part, he looked like he was literally brain-dead or something. Sometimes he looks hike he's been hypnotised when he looks around the place or whatever. In SS, however, it's completely different to what Nintendo has given us.

And yes, more sad scenes. By the way, speaking of character emotions, Link... he... okay I won't say it. BUT IT'S REALLY SAD. arg.gif you'll need to really brace yourself when you get to that scene, because Link... hmm how can I say this without spoiling it for you? Link shows a side of himself that he's never shown at all. AND IT'S SAD. It made me cry literally.

As for Groose/Zelda... oh my gosh don't even get me started on that.

JA2DBzd.png

#74 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:18 AM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Dec 31 2011, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just love how active I am on this thread. I've probably spammed the damn thing... poor Skyward Sword thread sad.gif

Ha ha, if that's spamming, then I'm also gonna spam the heck out of this thread. Such an epic game, and only four pages so far? Utter blasphemy.

Anyways, a funny thing happened to me yesterday. Right when I first entered Lanayru Mine, I saw a Sand Cicada, and captured it easily. The info box after I caught it told me it was the hardest bug to catch. I proceeded to laugh at that. Now, every time I try to catch one, I fail miserably. Seriously, I think I've tried catching it seven times after that and I always miss somehow. Did I just luck out that first time, or do I just randomly stink at bug-catching now? confused.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 02 January 2012 - 04:18 AM.

#75 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:46 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Jan 2 2012, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ha ha, if that's spamming, then I'm also gonna spam the heck out of this thread. Such an epic game, and only four pages so far? Utter blasphemy.

What I find astounding is that despite the thread being a sole focus on Skyward Sword it has suddenly become a general Zelda thread as well.

It's all my fault. I never should have brought up the shipping issues in the first place. IT'S ALL MY FAULT zomg.gif headdesk.gif bash.gif shamefulcry0js.gif arg.gif

Anyways, a funny thing happened to me yesterday. Right when I first entered Lanayru Mine, I saw a Sand Cicada, and captured it easily. The info box after I caught it told me it was the hardest bug to catch. I proceeded to laugh at that. Now, every time I try to catch one, I fail miserably. Seriously, I think I've tried catching it seven times after that and I always miss somehow. Did I just luck out that first time, or do I just randomly stink at bug-catching now? confused.gif

Probably just a lucky catch. I suck at bug-catching in general.

But if you think attempting to catch a Sand Cicada is hard, try catching birds in Faron Woods. Challenge or not?

JA2DBzd.png

#76 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:16 AM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Jan 1 2012, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What I find astounding is that despite the thread being a sole focus on Skyward Sword it has suddenly become a general Zelda thread as well.

It's all my fault. I never should have brought up the shipping issues in the first place. IT'S ALL MY FAULT zomg.gif headdesk.gif bash.gif shamefulcry0js.gif arg.gif

Ha ha, I think most of that fault lies with Dreamer and I (well mostly me with my ridiculously long posts, all Dreamer did was post the link to the confirmed timeline). I don't think it matters though, since Skyward Sword is a key part of both the chronology and shipping discussions. I could be wrong though, I guess I generally just leave it up to the mods if they want to merge threads or not.

Probably just a lucky catch. I suck at bug-catching in general.

But if you think attempting to catch a Sand Cicada is hard, try catching birds in Faron Woods. Challenge or not?

You can catch those things??? argh1.png

But yeah, I think I'm pretty bad at the whole bug catching thing too. I always start off sneaking in close to them, only to give up after a minute of stalking the stupid things, and just running after them swinging my net left and right in front of me. LOL, sometimes I'll just squash two or three of them in my pursuit of one ant. tongue.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 02 January 2012 - 05:17 AM.

#77 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:41 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Jan 2 2012, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can catch those things??? argh1.png

But yeah, I think I'm pretty bad at the whole bug catching thing too. I always start off sneaking in close to them, only to give up after a minute of stalking the stupid things, and just running after them swinging my net left and right in front of me. LOL, sometimes I'll just squash two or three of them in my pursuit of one ant. tongue.gif

YES YOU CAN CATCH BIRDS. Treasure gain bhahaha

When I'm catching bugs that move around a lot, I just go insane with the Wii Remote and swing it in all directions possible just to catch the darn bug. So much for using motion controls properly LOL. So to make things easier for myself I decided to upgrade to the big bug net.

JA2DBzd.png

#78 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:20 AM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Jan 1 2012, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
YES YOU CAN CATCH BIRDS. Treasure gain bhahaha

When I'm catching bugs that move around a lot, I just go insane with the Wii Remote and swing it in all directions possible just to catch the darn bug. So much for using motion controls properly LOL. So to make things easier for myself I decided to upgrade to the big bug net.

Ha ha, who needs refined motion controls when you can swing your net around like a maniac? That's probably what I'll end up doing too. laugh.gif

Now, time to catch a random bird. Trying to reach Zelda and Impa before Ghirahim isn't that important anyway.

LOL, that reminds me of this video.

Edited by Boom...Winning, 02 January 2012 - 06:22 AM.

#79 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:37 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Jan 2 2012, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ha ha, who needs refined motion controls when you can swing your net around like a maniac? That's probably what I'll end up doing too. laugh.gif

Now, time to catch a random bird. Trying to reach Zelda and Impa before Ghirahim isn't that important anyway.

LOL, that reminds me of this video.

OH HELL NO. GANONDORF DID NOT... th_twitchsmile.gif th_twitchsmile.gif th_twitchsmile.gif

JA2DBzd.png

#80 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:15 AM

Not a real game, but this made me chuckle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users