#22 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (Saku-chan @ May 20 2013, 04:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is the error that you get from the 'View New Posts' the flood control?

You have to wait at least 20 seconds before you click that button again so that the site doesn't have to constantly search the whole forum for new posts. smile.gif

Yeah, that's the error. It says "board message"

I thought it wasn't supposed to be there. XD

ナルサク

#23 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

Hmm, it sounds like there might have been a minor database outage/error that we didn't really notice.

I'll run some maintenance on the database as soon as I can this week, see if we can find the source of the error. happy.gif

#24 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

OK, so I'm not sure if this is the right time, but I'm going to take my chance and post something that has been on my mind.

-There are... very thin lines which are hard to see whenever posts are made. I speak for myself here, but many times, I find myself wondering what can be considered as a joke and what should be taken as bashing/flaming. I can say that there are many indirect comments which I could consider flaming and bashing, but that have been overlooked just because of this very thin line. It is not until someone deliberately makes a direct post that things get take as such (mainly because said person obviously crossed the line). My question is not as much as to how can I see that line, but more like as to ask how should I take these borderline comments? I'm not sure if I'm making sense here, but for example: in this latest chapter thread, I can say that there are many borderline comments which I could take as character bashing or as fandom bashing. Yet I have to admit that I don't know how to react. I don't like it, but I'm not sure of how to proceed. Yes, I could go ahead and report some of these posts, but what makes me sure that I'm not taking this too seriously? This is the thin line that I find myself unable to discern.

I had another thing in mind, but it seems that I kinda lost sight of it. I'll write it as soon as it comes to mind.

Edited by Shadow Wolf, 22 May 2013 - 04:16 PM.

#25 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

I've been wondering this for a while now. If I go on here and say "damn", no one says anything, but if I go on here and say "kitten" I'd get a very firm PM. Where is that line drawn with the no cursing rule? Is there no line and mods just let the "damn" thing go, or are "bad" curse words not allowed and "not so bad" curse words are?

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#26 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (KonaKonaFan @ May 22 2013, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been wondering this for a while now. If I go on here and say "damn", no one says anything, but if I go on here and say "kitten" I'd get a very firm PM. Where is that line drawn with the no cursing rule? Is there no line and mods just let the "damn" thing go, or are "bad" curse words not allowed and "not so bad" curse words are?

I highly doubt you get a PM for saying kitten, and if you do I'm not sure why as the forum has filters set to censor the more harsh curse words. Damn is a word that is said in many PG 13 movies, and this is a PG 13 forum. So, you can say certain words that pass the established worldwide PG 13 filter like 'damn', but other words like kitten will always be censored here.

#27 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

I just heard that narutoforum was recently closed because of this chapter so are we expecting bashers and haters? ninja.gif

#28 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE (rikakim94 @ May 22 2013, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just heard that narutoforum was recently closed because of this chapter so are we expecting bashers and haters? ninja.gif

Yeah, with any shipping bump, you can just expect an influx of bashers/haters/griefers/trolls. Mods will be doing double-duty to make sure it doesn't get too out-of-hand here.

#29 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (rikakim94 @ May 22 2013, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't worry. All Mods/Admins have been notified (those of us who weren't already here when the chap came out) and 'all Mod hands are on deck' a_thumbs.gif
We'll keep this NaruSaku ship sailing through clear waters as much as we can today and the foreseeable future~ happy.gif

#30 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

Agree. All we need is smooth sailing. We're ready for any certain trolls/bashers/unwelcomed and rude guests that will disrupt our voyage to...

Don't know where are we going! tongue.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#31 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ May 22 2013, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't know where are we going! tongue.gif

Where we've all been sailing to since the start...NaruSaku Paradise~ narusakuct7.gif love.gif

#32 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ May 22 2013, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where we've all been sailing to since the start...NaruSaku Paradise~ narusakuct7.gif love.gif

Oh yeah, that!

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#33 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:16 AM

There will be attack? Well there's nothing I can say but many thanks for the mod hardwork ^^.

#34 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:12 AM

AH, I see a timer up there!

Is this what I think it is? If so... then wow... this week is just perfect! Looking forward to it. biggrin.gif

So... I guess I should relax a bit concerning my earlier doubt...?

#35 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ May 22 2013, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't worry. All Mods/Admins have been notified (those of us who weren't already here when the chap came out) and 'all Mod hands are on deck' a_thumbs.gif
We'll keep this NaruSaku ship sailing through clear waters as much as we can today and the foreseeable future~ happy.gif

Thank you tricksie , sakura and derock! happy.gif

Question: what is the timer for?

Edited by rikakim94, 24 May 2013 - 01:19 PM.

#36 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

Smiter has developed powers of clairvoyance.

He's predicting the apocolypse.

P.S. Only I can save you. Send me money.

#37 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

Muwhahahahaha! *rubs hands together diabolically*

@nate - laugh.gif

#38 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ May 24 2013, 07:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Smiter has developed powers of clairvoyance.

He's predicting the apocolypse.

P.S. Only I can save you. Send me money.

QUOTE (tricksie @ May 24 2013, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Muwhahahahaha! *rubs hands together diabolically*

@nate - laugh.gif

headscratch.gif argh1.png argh1.png eager.gif

#39 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

Its the new site layout that has been announced a few months back.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#40 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ May 24 2013, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its the new site layout that has been announced a few months back.

ohhh okay my bad.... sweat.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users