Naruto for Hokage!
My blog
My Twitter: @themanara

#22 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ May 25 2011, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Abandon ship! Everbody panic

kitten, am I too late?

Yep, you're 20 hours late! tongue.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#23 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ May 25 2011, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not worried about this chapter. Seriously. Naru/Saku or any ship is not going to be decided until the VERY END. It is Naruto's reward. Just like their not going to pop up and make him Hokage in the middle of the battle. These are set up as the things he has to strive to and succeed in surpassing the previous generation to attain. None of these will be won until the main conflict is resolved.

However, Kishimoto has rounded the bases with this chapter: Sakura, Hinata, pissing and big boobs. Classy.

First off, Sakura's inner thoughts could be taken so many different ways. And it's intentionally portrayed that way. Since I'm firmly in the camp of NaruSaku, I could easily see her thoughts as a reflection of her low self-esteem, poor choices in the past. No different from Naruto thinking he wasn't good enough for Sakura's love because he couldn't keep his promise, Sakura could be feeling like she's not good enough for Naruto's love because of her terrible choices in the past. One way to look at it is this guy thinks she's really something special, but she reflects that if he knew the real Sakura maybe he wouldn't think that way.

Anyway, I think judging from the scene, it's a safe bet that Naruto and Sakura have not resolved their love issues yet. Hooray! I'm hoping for a real-time scene of that, not them resolving it in a flashback and finding out the readers have been duped for 100 chapters.

Hinata.... At least we know for sure that Zetsu has not sucked down her chakra. Still the same ol' Hinata.

And who are the chump shinobi who get whacked while taking a whizz? Bet that's not how they expected to die!

Oh, and the illustrations of Sakura where spectacular. Some of the prettiest yet.

edit: oh yeah...and it killed me, killed me, not to read the spoilers today. The pages kept going higher and higher in the topic.... So thanks for not spilling the beans too much in other topics. Not everybody reads the spoilers, so I appreciate that it's kept under wraps.

Kind of a catch-22 because it killed a lot of us that did read those spoilers. tongue.gif A lot of jumping to conclusions on the spoiler thread, but there were some good posts as well.

#24 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:29 PM

I was quite impressed by this chapter and that was pretty smart of Sakura to realize something up with Neji clone and it was also nice to see her being able to take out the White Zetsu clone so easily, but too bad it was only a few panels, I was hoping to see more of Sakura in action and like Tricksie said, I'm not worried about this page as far as shipping wars, it's more than likely Sakura's feeling guilty over what the guy said about her liking that particular guy, she still feels bad about what happened when she was younger and how wrong she was about Naruto and as far as Hinata thinking about protecting Naruto, it's more than likely her feelings showing through for him, but I bank on it as her respect for him.

Anyway I'm definitely looking forward to the next chapter, Kages vs Jinchuuriki!

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#25 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ May 25 2011, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Abandon ship! Everbody panic

kitten, am I too late?

We've been doing this so many times I'm surprised the ship is still stuck with us, but that's not the point.

#26 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:32 PM

One of the fights I've been waiting for Raikage vs. Naruto next week biggrin.gif

I'd say that's an E => LOL

Loved Sakura's fight. Don't know what to think of Sakura's thought of Sasuke. Time will tell I guess.

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#27 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:36 PM

Yay, everybody is here! Never seen such an full page wow.png

just as usual Kishimoto is being vague about pairings, I wouldn't panick unless Kishimoto went out of his way and turnes SS and NH canon, for now, let's just watch to see how things develop.
The chapter was very interesting, so it seems everybody will be dead even before the sun rises. Madara is such an sneaky bastard, lmao.
I'm interested about Naruto and Killer bee (wich is actually quite the pervy btw), I wonder if they will try to reason with Tsunade and A, or he is going to try to escape by force. I hope for the latter.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#28 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:37 PM

My thoughts.

Growth moment for Sakura and a chance to review her feelings. I still want to see what the love letter says I have a feeling itll be informative for her.

No kidnap of Sakura this time, but I gotta give Madara serious props on his intel gathering to know that Shizune was the captain of the medical corps was fast intel gathering on his part.

No Naruhina moment strictly a hinata moment, showing her resolve.

And definately looking forward to the kage confrontation next week. No fight I think but a war of words definately.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#29 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:38 PM

Yeah, I really don't want to see a talk no jutsu from Naruto.

Naruto should convince Tsunade and beat the Raikage's arse biggrin.gif (not too seriously though)

EDIT:

I kind of get a bad feeling, what if their purpose was to get Sakura's chakra in one of the Zetsu's so they could create a clone off her to throw Naruto off?

Edited by Torxe, 25 May 2011 - 06:39 PM.

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#30 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ May 25 2011, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kind of a catch-22 because it killed a lot of us that did read those spoilers. tongue.gif A lot of jumping to conclusions on the spoiler thread, but there were some good posts as well.

Yeah.... I had to decide whether to read them, and then go through the heartache of guessing. Or wait to get the real deal. If you must know, I used my time wisely and wrote lovey-dovey Naru/Saku fanfic (next VitW chap)! So I was sending good vibes to the N/S camp the whole time! biggrin.gif

More thoughts:

Next scene after the Sasuke one, Sakura is clearly shone with the vest and spiral in the middle of her back. Anyway, a nice visual counterpoint to the panel before with her thinking of Sasuke. One is a conjured memory, one is a real insignia. Again, she's made her choice, and it's being visually reinforced for the readers. (Other shippers would say it's coincidence, yadda yadda, but it would have been easy enough to have left off that little detail and no one would have thought a thing about it.) It also reminds me of all the Sasu/Saku shippers that put Sakura with the Uchiha fan on her clothes. No matter how it ends up, in reality she's chosen Naruto.

And Sakura…. Take a page out of "The Godfather" playbook: Always face the door. Always.

Neji's definitely out of character, patting her shoulder, etc. He'd never be one to stand around and chat.

Kiba has been so funny the last couple of chapters. It's nice to see the old characters in a light-hearted way. Would rather see a couple of panels of joking stuff instead every rookie getting his/her own chapter

Also, Sakura looks great in her wardrobe change. So mature. Makes me wonder if after the war is over she will move on to a new outfit instead of returning to the old shippuden one, reflecting her younger years. The break in clothing would be the perfect thing to move all of them into the next phase of life after the war, as the youngish adults instead of teens.

So surprised LoverNin didn't get whacked.

But I like that she's hollering out orders at others for a change. Nice change from her being heroic only to have to listen to orders from Kakashi or Yamato. I don't care if it's reasonable in all those other situations, I like for her to be a badass without having it undermined.

AND LASTLY for all you fanfic lovers…. WHERE IS THE LOVE LETTER? Did Sakura pocket it or did it get lost in the melee? Hmmmm. If it is lost, well then what if someone discovers it? What sorts of troubles would that lead to for Naruto and Sakura? Hmmmmm….. LoverNin's cupid kunai could strike anytime!

#31 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Video games, and band.

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:39 PM

Looks like I overreacted for nothing.
Spock it, lock it, rocket, explode it, reload it.

#32 Manara

Manara

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:41 PM

Hey, somebody answer me

Neji who is trying to impress? NejiHina? No? hehe

Naruto for Hokage!
My blog

#33 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:44 PM

I personally enjoyed the so-called naruhina moment. It was more of a Hina->Naru moment and I thought it was sweet.
IMO Sakura is obviously thinking of the irony in Mr. Hopeless Romantic's statement where Sasuke is concerned.
I liked the humor in this chapter. Especially the last page, kudos to the translators for making that work. laugh.gif

@Manara I think it was just a general statement. I guess it could be a reference to NejiHina but it could just as easily mean that Neji is trying to impress the soldiers around him. He's always had that kind of personality that he doesn't want to look weak in any situation.

Edited by Nee-sama, 25 May 2011 - 06:46 PM.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#34 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (Manara @ May 25 2011, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, somebody answer me: Neji who is trying to impress? NejiHina? No? hehe

I think it's just a turn of phrase in this situation. I think Kiba is just ribbing him, giving him a hard to for overdoing it — not that Neji is really just out to impress anyone. I may be wrong, but that was my interpretation! wink.gif

#35 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:49 PM

Yeah, not worried about NaruSaku, Sakura didn't think about Sasuke in high regard with him giving the angry eye and fire all around. Loved the fight there, that was great, and Bee's rhymes at the end gave me a good laugh.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#36 Manara

Manara

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ May 25 2011, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it's just a turn of phrase in this situation. I think Kiba is just ribbing him, giving him a hard to for overdoing it — not that Neji is really just out to impress anyone. I may be wrong, but that was my interpretation! wink.gif

Yeh. I also thought that, but just because they use that term?
anyway Silly thing lol I like NejiHina.

Naruto for Hokage!
My blog

#37 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:52 PM

Wow that wasn't nearly as bad as I thought'd it be. Seriously, I should just not even look at spoilers, considering the confusion they can cause.

more thoughts --Click here to view--

The only thing that bugged me was that this more or less confirmed that Sakura was talking about Sasuke in the last chapter ("There's someone else I love..."). But as people are saying, the look on her place clearly shows she isn't proud of loving Sasuke, so SSers have nothing to really celebrate on their end. Her feelings are obviously still muddled, and she'll need to resolve them before the finale.
And the Hinata scene was nothing to worry about, just ol' Fainty McBigchest being her usual one-dimensional self.

The bottom line is that until Naruto shows romantic feelings for Hinata, Sasuke shows romantic feelings for Sakura, or Naruto and Sakura actually talk to each other to resolve her confession and Naruto's feelings for her, NaruSaku isn't dead. Hopefully I'll remember this next time instead of freaking out, lol.

Edited by Boom...Winning, 25 May 2011 - 06:54 PM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#38 Ulgamoth

Ulgamoth

H&E's Sun Pokemon

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:I like Naruto, hence me being here. I also enjoy Death Note manga, Dragon Ball and DBZ manga and Full Metal Alchemist manga. In to metal music but can listen to ALMOST anything. Love playing video games, specifically Pokemon. Currently working on Pokemon Black. Spore is EPIC and so is Fallout New Vegas. Disturbed in the house, droppin' plates!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:56 PM

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

Deep in the jungle camouflaged by all the fallen leaves
A hand holds up the sky while shamefully I make my plea
The alter's callin' but my legs won't seem to stand
Guess I'm a coward scared to face the man I am

#39 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:56 PM

I must admit that I headdesked hard when they showed Sasuke after Sakura's admirer commented that she must be in love with a great guy.

It's true that Sasuke looks menacing in that panel, and Sakura looks uneasy, but it doesn't make her confession to Naruto look very genuine.

Ahh, well, at least we can take a step back and look at the bigger picture. happy.gif We know Sakura and Naruto have been developing feelings for each other over the manga, Sasuke's not the least bit interested in Sakura (and he even tried to kill her), and Naruto's not the least bit romantically interested in Hinata.

Now that I've got Kishi's romance trolling out of the way, I just have to say Sakura looked awesome this chapter. biggrin.gif It's about time we got another moment like that! More, please, Kishi.

Looking forward to next week's chapter. Typical, two Kages in their way, and the first thing Bee notices is Tsunade's chest and lack of bra. tongue.gif Can't wait to see how Kyuubi Naruto does against the Raikage. No clones, and he won't be able to try the Ultra Rasengan as it'll risk killing the Raikage. Of course, Naruto does still have high speed and power - and maybe this physical fight is when he can really get a feel for his Kyuubified body.

#40 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:57 PM

It wasn't as bad as it originally appeared, remember she never said there is someone else she loved, it was just assumed by the other guy that that's what she is thinking, Sakura is still hung up on Sasuke, that's not anything new, it's the same for Naruto only it's brotherly feelings. As I said with the spoilers it's just Kishi trolling the fans again.

Naruto needs to join the battle quickly, his new ability should be able to distinguish between the real and fakes, as he doesn't sense Chakra he senses killer intent, lol...gotta love Bee, he's in a Lust triangle with A.

It was good to see Sakura take out the White Clone, looked cool.

iAnby7W.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users